The pope using the word "genocide" is a misuse of the word and therefore a blatant lie

12 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

it's all relative

the Missionaries were bringing beliefs & freedoms which transcended anything the natives had

it was an utterly brutal existence here before the French brought Christ

the natives embraced Christ as their saviour, because their world was so dark, nihilistic & savage

the French did not impose Christ upon the natives

the natives were in control

the natives were fearsome warriors, and they outnumbered the French many times over

the natives could have wiped the French out at any moment

but they didn't, because they were enthralled by the story of Christ

No, the French imposed the Roman church on them in the areas where the Roman church operated.  Their religion included submission to the priests, and their sacraments.  This means confessing to a priest and receiving their sacraments and absolution.  This is not taught in the Bible.  

They also forced them to accept their religion with all it's trappings.  The government forced their children into residential schools and in many cases, mistreated them and abused them physically, and emotionally.  

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The government forced their children into residential schools and in many cases, mistreated them and abused them physically, and emotionally.  

we're talking about the 17th century

the French came here on 22 June 1603

the first residential school in Canada was enacted by the Scots Protestants

John A. MacDonald & Alexander MacKenzie

and that is not until the passage of the Indian Act in 1876

in actual fact, the House of Bourbon's mission to convert the natives here to Roman Catholicism

was very successful

for most of the history of Nouvelle France

the French had just a tiny foothold around Quebec

the natives could have wiped them out, many times over

the only thing that stopped the natives from doing so, was Christ

the natives embraced Christ

this man from accross the sea, who died for their sins

the natives very much embraced that idea

they immediately added Christ to their religion, fusing Him with their paganism

same as a the Romans did before them

Edited by Dougie93

in terms of the Indian Act in 1876 ?

Canada was absolutely dominated by Protestants by then

the Ulster Scots Orange Order totally dominated Canada at the time of the Indian Act & Residential Schools

the Roman Catholics might have run the schools

but Canada in 1876 was an utterly Scots German Empire, Papists had little to no say outside of Quebec

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

21 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

in actual fact, the House of Bourbon's mission to convert the natives here to Roman Catholicism

was very successful

for most of the history of Nouvelle France

the French had just a tiny foothold around Quebec

the natives could have wiped them out, many times over

the only thing that stopped the natives from doing so, was Christ

the natives embraced Christ

this man from accross the sea, who died for their sins

the natives very much embraced that idea

they immediately added Christ to their religion, fusing Him with their paganism

same as a the Romans did before them

The history of the Roman Church, other mainline churches such as Anglican, Methodist, Presbyterian and their interactions with aboriginals in Canada is complex as you remind us.  There may have been some good and some bad.  The later residential schools were clearly a bad thing.  Now the Papacy is working overtime to try to redeem themselves as a result.

Edited by blackbird

12 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The history of the Roman Church, other mainline churches such as Anglican, Methodist, Presbyterian is and their interactions with aboriginals in Canada is complex as you remind us.  There may have been some good and some bad.  The later residential schools were clearly a bad thing.  Now the Papacy is working overtime to try to redeem themselves as a result.

the House of Hanover takes Canada from the French in the Seven Years War

the Scots Germans of the newly born British Empire, turn the running of Quebec over to the Papists

the British suddenly have 70,000 French Papists under Germanic Protestant British rule

they don't know what to do with them

so they turn the running of that colony over to the RC Church

it's the same model with the Indian Act & Residential schools

the Protestants absolutely run Canada by 1876, this is the zenith of their British Empire

but they don't what to do with the Indians

and actually, most of the Indians are Roman Catholics by then, converted by the French

so the Ulster Scots Orangemen who run Canada, turn the Indians over to the Papists

just like they had turned Quebec over to the Papists, that was the established model

Edited by Dougie93

16 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The history of the Roman Church, other mainline churches such as Anglican, Methodist, Presbyterian is and their interactions with aboriginals in Canada is complex as you remind us.  There may have been some good and some bad.  The later residential schools were clearly a bad thing.  Now the Papacy is working overtime to try to redeem themselves as a result.

The Anglicans and other denominations ran Residential Schools too.  Basically the first public schools were religious.  Prayers were said at all schools.  The Anglican schools were the public schools.  The separate schools were Catholic.  Eventually prayers disappeared from public schools and lay people replaced the nuns and priests who taught in Catholic schools.   All traces of religion will probably disappear from education soon.  Instead we’ll be bowing to rainbow flags with hammers and sickles in the corner — oh and Extinction Rebellion symbols, with guest appearances of Greta for the two minute daily hate.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Thanks 1

Oh Jesus, and I get shit for straying off topic...

What has the specific minutiae of umpteen religions got to do with it? It was the POPE, apologizing for the actions of the Catholic Church dealing with residential schools. He can't for others and didn't for every action of the Catholic Church so it's moot.

If he says it was a genocide, then if you're Catholic it was because he said it was and he's King Shit among them. If you know genocide is the deliberate erasure of a race, religion or culture the you know it was.

If you want to pretend it wasn't genocide because they used hydrogen cyanide instead of Zyklon B and similar reasons, we know that you really just hate Catholics. in your black little heart.

17 minutes ago, herbie said:

Oh Jesus, and I get shit for straying off topic...

What has the specific minutiae of umpteen religions got to do with it? It was the POPE, apologizing for the actions of the Catholic Church dealing with residential schools. He can't for others and didn't for every action of the Catholic Church so it's moot.

If he says it was a genocide, then if you're Catholic it was because he said it was and he's King Shit among them. If you know genocide is the deliberate erasure of a race, religion or culture the you know it was.

If you want to pretend it wasn't genocide because they used hydrogen cyanide instead of Zyklon B and similar reasons, we know that you really just hate Catholics. in your black little heart.

I'm Catholic

and Red Francis doesn't speak for me

down with the commie pope who panders to the woke

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

The Anglicans and other denominations ran Residential Schools too.  Basically the first public schools were religious.  Prayers were said at all schools.  The Anglican schools were the public schools.  The separate schools were Catholic.  Eventually prayers disappeared from public schools and lay people replaced the nuns and priests who taught in Catholic schools.   All traces of religion will probably disappear from education soon.  Instead we’ll be bowing to rainbow flags with hammers and sickles in the corner — oh and Extinction Rebellion symbols, with guest appearances of Greta for the two minute daily hate.  

Ya and seems like there's a couple pedophiles in the public system per year getting charged with having sex with minors

5 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I'm Catholic

and Red Francis doesn't speak for me

down with the commie pope who panders to the woke

I don’t know why the Pope is using the word genocide, which basically puts the Church that he leads in the category of other organizations that attempted to commit mass murder to wipe a people off the Earth.  Genocide is an attempt to kill off a people, not just remove their language and culture.  The Nazis pursued genocide.  I honestly don’t know what the thinking behind this statement is. I think more people will leave the Church because of it.  Was that the point?   I wonder sometimes…

Edited by Zeitgeist

51 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I don’t know why the Pope is using the word genocide, which basically puts the Church that he leads in the category of of other organizations that attempted to commit mass murder to wipe a people off the Earth.  Genocide is an attempt to kill off a people, not just remove their language and culture.  The Nazis pursued genocide.  I honestly don’t know what the thinking behind this statement is. I think more people will leave the Church because of it.  Was that the point?   I wonder sometimes…

it's to pander to the woke's oppressor vs oppressed narrative

by using the term genocide, they are maximizing their display of outrage

and can chastise anyone who uses less inflammatory language as not caring about the indigenous

typical woke purity spiral

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, blackbird said:

1.  According to God's written revelation, the KJ Bible.

2  The KJV was translated in the 17th century (1611) from earlier manuscripts.   It was not.  In general, the New Testament early translations in the 1500s and ancient Greek manuscripts available at that time are known as the Received Text.  The Received Text is believed to be an accurate translation of the original New Testament manuscripts written by the prophets and Apostles who lived at the time of Christ.  The original manuscripts no longer exist.  The Old Testament is based on the Hebrew Tanakh.  The Jews wrote the Old Testament in Hebrew over a long period of time and it was completed over 2,000 years ago.

3.  The KJV translation committee was made up of 47 of the worlds best Biblical scholars, many of whom knew ancient languages well.   They used the best manuscripts and previous translations available at the time.

4.  No, I am not pushing or forcing anything on anyone.  I have as much right as you to my opinion and beliefs.  I don't go around telling others they have no right to speak.  In a democratic society, everyone has a right to their opinions and beliefs.  Where did you come from?

The King James Bible Defended! (jesus-is-savior.com)

2. "Scholars now believe that the stories that would become the Bible were disseminated by word of mouth across the centuries, in the form of oral tales and poetry"

3. 47 biblical scholars in Europe only in a very religious driven Europe..

4. I am not coming from anywhere. I just do not believe. I am not sure is I am atheist or agnostic.

13 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

How were they to know that all that stuff was useless. Public masking, vaccinating during an outbreak, wiping things. They only work if you are properly trained. Even then,

Whereas regulations come from the industry, from industry experts and they are written to be descriptive. Training is also prescribed in certain cases.

What they rolled out and what we did to ourselves is a sad joke.

So now you people have nothing to say, huh? A year ago it was yap, yap, yap. We want our masks because it feels so safe to wear them. Idiots,

Well no one’s calling OW a nazi now. Cower in your graves.

11 hours ago, blackbird said:

The history of the Roman Church, other mainline churches such as Anglican, Methodist, Presbyterian and their interactions with aboriginals in Canada is complex as you remind us.  There may have been some good and some bad.  The later residential schools were clearly a bad thing.  Now the Papacy is working overtime to try to redeem themselves as a result.

Redeem themselves? With an apology?

Ha, if it was only that easy we would not be in the constant state of indigenous funding we are in now.

Sorry... but no more money ? Ha!

14 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Covid rules did not come about that way. My employer was not compelled to follow the government’s lead, but they did anyway. 

How were they to know that all that stuff was useless. Public masking, vaccinating during an outbreak, wiping things. They only work if you are properly trained. Even then,

Whereas regulations come from the industry, from industry experts and they are written to be descriptive. Training is also prescribed in certain cases.

What they rolled out and what we did to ourselves is a sad joke.

Your employer was compelled (obligated) to follow all the safety and health rules and regulations that existed. The way they did it or the process and methodology was left to the companies but they had to do it.

Industry took the rules and regulations and adapted them to their situations and procedures.  And, as will all processes and procedures, training is required.

38 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Your employer was compelled (obligated) to follow all the safety and health rules and regulations that existed. The way they did it or the process and methodology was left to the companies but they had to do it.

Industry took the rules and regulations and adapted them to their situations and procedures.  And, as will all processes and procedures, training is required.

In BC, my niece works for the Ministry of Education.  They were not required to get vaccinated, and so she didn't.  There are a few private businesses around the province who also chose not to require vaccination for their employees.  Maybe it is/was different in other provinces, but in BC, except for certain ministries and private businesses, vaccination of employees was left up to the employer.  

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

2. "Scholars now believe that the stories that would become the Bible were disseminated by word of mouth across the centuries, in the form of oral tales and poetry"

4. I am not coming from anywhere. I just do not believe. I am not sure is I am atheist or agnostic.

Don't let it bother you. In the end, it won't really matter.

Gawd's a very cool entity. It understands the confusion created by the Tanakh, Constantine's folly, and Mohammed's rather interesting revelations. The fact is, Man cannot wholly understand Gawd, nor can Man understand the mechanations  of creation completely. Thus, belief in Gawd becomes a personal choice.

I have chosen to believe because I find too much evidence of a metaphysical reality and the intertwining of both the physical and metaphysical. I pray nightly on my own. I commune with Gawd. Then...I fall asleep with a cleansed conscience and enter the metaphysical reality (dream state).

Life...is not the ability to reproduce. Life...is the presence of consciousness. I AM.

And you will be...whether you like it or not...until you make the conscious decision the end your own existence.

Edited by Nationalist

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Reportedly there are over 5,000 manuscripts or parts of manuscripts from the early centuries supporting the Received Text which the the KJV Is based on.  Plus there are lectionaries and notes left behind by early preachers and theologians that quote or refer to the Scriptures.    I have never read the word of mouth claim anywhere in my last 40 years in the subject.

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

In BC, my niece works for the Ministry of Education.  They were not required to get vaccinated, and so she didn't.  There are a few private businesses around the province who also chose not to require vaccination for their employees.  Maybe it is/was different in other provinces, but in BC, except for certain ministries and private businesses, vaccination of employees was left up to the employer.  

As long as the health and safety rules and regulations were followed, no problem.

And yes, there are different provincial regulations.

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Don't let it bother you. In the end, it won't really matter.

Gawd's a very cool entity. It understands the confusion created by the Tanakh, Constantine's folly, and Mohammed's rather interesting revelations. The fact is, Man cannot wholly understand Gawd, nor can Man understand the mechanations  of creation completely. Thus, belief in Gawd becomes a personal choice.

I have chosen to believe because I find too much evidence of a metaphysical reality and the intertwining of both the physical and metaphysical. I pray nightly on my own. I commune with Gawd. Then...I fall asleep with a cleansed conscience and enter the metaphysical reality (dream state).

Life...is not the ability to reproduce. Life...is the presence of consciousness. I AM.

And you will be...whether you like it or not...until you make the conscious decision the end your own existence.

It does not bother me. As I said, not sure if I am agnostic or atheist or both :)

"Life is defined as any system capable of performing functions such as eating, metabolizing, excreting, breathing, moving, growing, reproducing, and responding to external stimuli."

Someone on here said he did not fear God or something to that effect.  

There are many different views and opinions about God.

This website talks a bit about the fear of God.

There are good reasons why we should fear God.  But for those who have put their trust in Jesus Christ as their savior, they need not fear.  Their salvation is secure.  One must believe that Jesus Christ, who is the Son of God and God, died and shed his blood for one personally and rose from the dead.  (Gospel of John, Romans, Hebrews and pretty well the New Testament talks about this.)  The Bible teaches without the shedding of blood there is no atonement.  That is the reason Jesus came to earth.  If you haven't done this, I would urge you to give it top priority.

Why Should We Fear God? | Berean Bible Society

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

It does not bother me. As I said, not sure if I am agnostic or atheist or both :)

"Life is defined as any system capable of performing functions such as eating, metabolizing, excreting, breathing, moving, growing, reproducing, and responding to external stimuli."

I happen to disagree with that definition.

37 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Someone on here said he did not fear God or something to that effect.  

There are many different views and opinions about God.

This website talks a bit about the fear of God.

There are good reasons why we should fear God.  But for those who have put their trust in Jesus Christ as their savior, they need not fear.  Their salvation is secure.  One must believe that Jesus Christ, who is the Son of God and God, died and shed his blood for one personally and rose from the dead.  (Gospel of John, Romans, Hebrews and pretty well the New Testament talks about this.)  The Bible teaches without the shedding of blood there is no atonement.  That is the reason Jesus came to earth.  If you haven't done this, I would urge you to give it top priority.

Why Should We Fear God? | Berean Bible Society

It might have been me.

I cannot fear Gawd. I can respect and revere Gawd. But I cannot fear it, mostly because...I believe Gawd lives within me and I cannot fear myself.