Jump to content

The pope using the word "genocide" is a misuse of the word and therefore a blatant lie


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Who's God?

Christians God?

Muslims God?

Jewish God?

Mythological Gods?

Judaism, Islaam, and Christianity all share the same God and there are detailed accounts of the histories of the 12 tribes of Israel, whether or not they are entirely factual.  Hinduism is about the purification of the individual on the way to Nirvana, which can take thousands of lifetimes.  They believe there have been manifestations of God, such as Rama, Buddha, Jesus, etc.  The Buddhists believe there’s a fast track to enlightenment by conquering desire and the ego.  I think they’re all getting at much the same thing, which is that there’s a kind of path or Dao that we must find and follow to better ourselves.  If nothing else, these stories are ancient wisdom that have been passed down because the stories are powerful and have provided structure and guidance.  In that regard religion and science compliment each other, because one ends where the other begins.  Also, science can’t always help with questions of ethics, which isn’t to say that there aren’t ethical atheists.  I think the bottom line is that people need to be aware of the great canon of cultural knowledge: religious, scientific, philosophical, artistic, literary, etc. as best they can or at least inasmuch as it helps them lead purposeful lives.  A life without meaning or purpose is hard to live.  Our culture is now rife with nihilism and a rejection of wisdom, which I think is very dangerous and sad.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Judaism, Islaam, and Christianity all share the same God

but for the purposes of Canada

it is a very specific denomination

modern Britain, and by extension Canada, was founded by William III, Prince of Orange

Westminster Parliamentary Supremacy is a direct result of the Protestant Reformation & Enlightenment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The King James Bible describes who God is. ....

I know this will probably not satisfy you.  But if you really want to know, you will have to make an effort to study the Bible and find the answer yourself.  It is not possible for me to do that for you.  Jesus was seen by many after his resurrection, which proves he is who he said he is.   We could probably go on forever about this, but we would likely not settle it for you and we would be straying too far from the topic.

This is all according to your God.

The King James Bible is the definitive authority of God? A book written in the 17th Century?  17000 years after supposed Jesus death and who knows how many thousands of years since Judaism began?

Where were King James writers getting their info??  By passed down stories??

Thing is, have faith if you want to but, do not push or force it upon anyone.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Judaism, Islaam, and Christianity all share the same God and there are detailed accounts of the histories that f the 12 tribes of Israel, whether or not they are entirely factual.  Hinduism is about the purification of the individual on the way to Nirvana, which can take thousands of lifetimes.  They believe there have been manifestations of God, such as Rama, Buddha, Jesus, etc.  The Buddhists believe there’s a fast track to enlightenment by conquering desire and the ego.  I think they’re all getting at much the same thing, which is that there’s a kind of path or Dao that we must find and follow to better ourselves.  If nothing else, these stories are ancient wisdom that have been passed down because the stories are powerful and have provided structure and guidance.  In that regard religion and science compliment each other, because one ends where the other begins.  Also, science can’t always help with questions of ethics, which isn’t to say that there aren’t ethical atheists.  I think the bottom line is that people need to be aware of the great canon of cultural knowledge: religious, scientific, philosophical, artistic, literary, etc. as best they can or at least inasmuch as it helps them lead purposeful lives.  A life without meaning or purpose is hard to live.  Our culture is now rife with nihilism and a rejection of wisdom, which I think is very dangerous and sad.  

I agree whole heartedly with your comments.

I just do not like and am turned off by any person of faith that forces themselves upon me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

This is all according to your God.

The King James Bible is the definitive authority of God? A book written in the 17th Century?  17000 years after supposed Jesus death and who knows how many thousands of years since Judaism began?

Where were King James writers getting their info??  By passed down stories??

Thing is, have faith if you want to but, do not push or force it upon anyone.

 

That version is just a Protestant English translation of the Bible.  It gets interesting to find out what was left out, as in the Apocrypha and Gnostic texts.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

That version is just a Protestant English translation of the Bible.

the Geneva Bible came first, in 1560

the first mechanically printed mass produced version available to the public, the original Protestant Bible

the Geneva Bible is the one the Pilgrims brought with them on the Mayflower

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

but for the purposes of Canada

it is a very specific denomination

modern Britain, and by extension Canada, was founded by William III, Prince of Orange

Westminster Parliamentary Supremacy is a direct result of the Protestant Reformation & Enlightenment

I know you’re a committed Anglican.  I’m a Catholic or “identify as” one.  To be honest I’m not sure much of this organized religion will last.  The Pope doesn’t seem interested in defending the Church.  The Anglicans have always seemed like the Church of Henry to me, though I understand the criticism of how the Roman Empire morphed into the Church and used religion to exert power.  I think in this life it’s between God and you and your relationships with others.  I don’t think God needs our worship, but I do see the value of prayer and meditation.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dougie93 said:

the Geneva Bible came first, in 1560

the first mechanically printed mass produced version available to the public, the original Protestant Bible

the Geneva Bible is the one the Pilgrims brought with them on the Mayflower

There are different translations.  Catholics use the Good News Bible.  I used the New Standard Revised as a student of Northrop Frye.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I know you’re a committed Anglican.

no

I am a Marcianite

the Bible did not convert me to Christianity

it was Jesus of Nazareth himself

I saw the light on the road to Damascus

I am a hyper Protestant

no man no office between me & the Almighty

I fall upon my knees before God himself

no church congregation required

I am loyal to Her Majesty as Commander-in-Chief

but not as God's representative on earth

I go straight to the source, upon Calvary Hill at Golgotha

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

None here either.  No middle-man needed between me & the Creator.

Prairie native blood on my mother's side, deep connection with the earth.  Passed on to me. 

No Bible required.

Jesus of Nazareth comes like a stranger in the night

comes to you directly

like a reflection in a dark mirror

beckoning you to step forward

through the dark mirror, into a garden beyond

then you see the light

the Bible is not supernatural

but God is

you will know Him when He comes

it's not a metaphor

it is that man, from Roman Judea

The Fisherman

tho you will not see His face

when He lifts His head to look you in the eyes

all you see is the light

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

We could probably go on forever about this, but we would likely not settle it for you and we would be straying too far from the topic.

Oh I think the Christian belief system is quite central to the topic, it provided the moral and legal justification for pretending indigenous people had no moral or legal standing in the face of our culture's domination.

Our institutions and our culture barely, if at all, regarded indigenous people as being human.

I'm not saying human beings within our culture didn't change or update their perceptions and attitudes to reflect that they knew better than to behave so wrongly towards indigenous people - but our institutions certainly resisted doing so and as such we are now liable for their actions and inaction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2022 at 8:21 PM, herbie said:

Let's expose another anti-vaxxer LIE.

You lost your job if you didn't vax because YOUR BOSS mandated it. Because if you infected another worker HIS worker's comp premium would go up or HE could get sued by the one you infected. Not Trudeau nor the Health authorities who only suggested it. Just like the reasons your Boss can can your ass if you won't wear a hard hat, safety boots and glasses or a string tie if you work at OldTime Ice Cream. 100% free market, capitalist policy.

Just as the fact that you didn't wear a mask or get the jab no one made you do it, proves beyond a doubt you lost zero freedumb. If you actually did lose your job you chose to by not following the rules of employment.

But I'm sure the same handful of you will waste more bandwidth screaming even louder that black is white and night is day.

 

 

Safety equipment and PPE is mandated by federal and provincial regulations, not by employers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2022 at 10:14 AM, ExFlyer said:

You are wrong about the order of things.

The Labour Code, Occupational Heath and Safety, Canadian Labour Standards, Human Rights Act, and existing contracts as well as any Provincial and municipal requirements etc have all precluded any government general health announcements.

Which you seem to stupid to realize and understand.

It's OK,  you must be a worker and not knowing how much your employer has to do to keep you safe and healthy. Don't feel bad, most employees are not aware of all the rules and regulations employers must follow to have the privilege of having you work for them

Covid rules did not come about that way. My employer was not compelled to follow the government’s lead, but they did anyway. 

How were they to know that all that stuff was useless. Public masking, vaccinating during an outbreak, wiping things. They only work if you are properly trained. Even then,

Whereas regulations come from the industry, from industry experts and they are written to be descriptive. Training is also prescribed in certain cases.

What they rolled out and what we did to ourselves is a sad joke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

I agree whole heartedly with your comments.

I just do not like and am turned off by any person of faith that forces themselves upon me.

I don't like the religion of woke forcing themselves on me. CRT training programs about how bad Whites are, having to bend the knee to celebrate two men's copulation, children being taught they can have gender reassignment surgery..very bizarre stuff

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the paradox I find with most Christians that I encounter

is that they don't seem to believe in the supernatural

they thump the Bible, they go to church religiously

but in a practical sense, they mostly just advance Christianity as a socio-poltical construct

Christians who actually believe that the Fisherman walks amongst us

that God himself could come to you directly, in His earthly form

those are few & far between

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

 I think in this life it’s between God and you and your relationships with others.  I don’t think God needs our worship, but I do see the value of prayer and meditation.  

 I don't see it that way

for me, it is not a metaphor

for me, it is that man from Roman Judea

that very man, in his early thirties, coming to you directly

literally supernatural

everything else falls away, it is life altering on the spot

and even most Christians think you are crazy if you ever speak about it

it's not that God needs our worship

rather, once you know it is all true, you simply fall upon your knees in the face of it

your knees buckle beneath you

then,  something lifts you up, towards the sky, from your shoulders

kneeling before God is not a ritual

it is an involuntary reflex

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

 I don't see it that way

for me, it is not a metaphor

for me, it is that man from Roman Judea

that very man, in his early thirties, coming to you directly

literally supernatural

everything else falls away, it is life altering on the spot

and even most Christians think you are crazy if you ever speak about it

it's not that God needs our worship

rather, once you know it is all true, you simply fall upon your knees in the face of it

your knees buckle beneath you

then,  something lifts you up, towards the sky, from your shoulders

kneeling before God is not a ritual

it is an involuntary reflex

Not a metaphor to me either.  You’re talking about a religious experience, Saul to Paul on the road to Damascus.  I understand that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

This is all according to your God.

The King James Bible is the definitive authority of God? A book written in the 17th Century?  17000 years after supposed Jesus death and who knows how many thousands of years since Judaism began?

Where were King James writers getting their info??  By passed down stories??

Thing is, have faith if you want to but, do not push or force it upon anyone.

 

1.  According to God's written revelation, the KJ Bible.

2  The KJV was translated in the 17th century (1611) from earlier manuscripts.   It was not something new produced in the 17th century.  In general, the New Testament early translations in the 1500s and ancient Greek manuscripts available at that time are known as the Received Text.  The Received Text is believed to be an accurate translation of the original New Testament manuscripts written by the prophets and Apostles who lived at the time of Christ.  The original manuscripts no longer exist.  The Old Testament is based on the Hebrew Tanakh.  The Jews wrote the Old Testament in Hebrew over a long period of time and it was completed over 2,000 years ago.

3.  The KJV translation committee was made up of 47 of the worlds best Biblical scholars, many of whom knew ancient languages well.   They used the best manuscripts and previous translations available at the time.

4.  No, I am not pushing or forcing anything on anyone.  I have as much right as you to my opinion and beliefs.  I don't go around telling others they have no right to speak.  In a democratic society, everyone has a right to their opinions and beliefs.  Where did you come from?

The King James Bible Defended! (jesus-is-savior.com)

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Oh I think the Christian belief system is quite central to the topic, it provided the moral and legal justification for pretending indigenous people had no moral or legal standing in the face of our culture's domination.

Our institutions and our culture barely, if at all, regarded indigenous people as being human.

I'm not saying human beings within our culture didn't change or update their perceptions and attitudes to reflect that they knew better than to behave so wrongly towards indigenous people - but our institutions certainly resisted doing so and as such we are now liable for their actions and inaction.

I won't go into trying to defend the churches or their missionaries that ran the residential schools or the Jesuits that brought Romanism to the aboriginals in the past 500 years because I do not support their methods or theology.  They were not operating according to the Bible.  Where was the respect for the individual's freedom of beliefs and basic freedoms?  They were wrong.  That is my take.  Since I don't agree with their modus operandi and don't support them, all I can say is that is not how real missionaries operate.  They did a good job in giving Christianity a bad name.  But this has been part of the history of the world as I already explained in earlier posts.  The Roman church did the same thing down through history.  It is not a perfect world and never has been.  Humans are not infallible,  neither is the Pope.

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, blackbird said:

 Where was the respect for the individual's freedom of beliefs and basic freedoms? 

it's all relative

the Missionaries were bringing beliefs & freedoms which transcended anything the natives had

it was an utterly brutal existence here before the French brought Christ

the natives embraced Christ as their saviour, because their world was so dark, nihilistic & savage

the French did not impose Christ upon the natives

the natives were in control

the natives were fearsome warriors, and they outnumbered the French many times over

the natives could have wiped the French out at any moment

but they didn't, because they were enthralled by the story of Christ

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Popular Now

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,750
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Betsy Smith
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...