Emergency Measures Act - Umm...

Moonbox

Hmmmm....

part of the debate in the Senate was about mature minors - Ottawa residents - whose parents were charged with the infractions done by their children who attended the protest on their own and shouldn't this be like the YOA where the youths are charged and not the parents.

Makes you wonder how many of the harassments and other incidents that were blamed on the truckers, were actually Ottawa residents.

I know there was a lot of property damage done to the trucks - tires slashed, hateful words spray painted on them, etc.  Those were definitely not done by the truckers.

You guys seem to right on the idea the definitions of right wing and wings in general are changing though.

Overton Window and all that.

The problem with defining the right wing is we're letting the left wing do it with their louder, more shrill voices. Any section of the right they don't like becomes something they call the "Far Right" until the idea all conservatives are extreme becomes conventional and if you don't think so get ready for a barrage of insults and being shouted down as "far right."

Here's an example of what I mean. It's the first definition of "right wing" we see on the search engine, Duck Duck Go. It's from a dictionary that appears to be only about 5 years old but calls itself "American Heritage." Very Prog, right out of the gate. You need to do better Duck Duck Go or we'll start to put "Lame" before your title.

Anyway here's the new Prog definition of "Right Wing."

"The conservative or reactionary faction of a group."

Now my personal, more time worn, conservative definition favors that of the long-running Merriam Webster dictionary.

"A person who supports conservative or traditional ideas and policies".

That would be old traditional policies like freedom of speech, equality of opportunity to pursue happiness measured by personal responsibility over controlled equity of outcome. Keep what works over deconstruct and "build back better," and such like that.

8 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Up until then everything had been happy and peaceful. Thousands of people were enjoying a peaceful protest. 

The commotion around the car though was a journalist pulling out his equipment.

It was mainstream media. The crowd shouted "Shame Shame" or "Enemy of the people." They were angry. They chased the MSM guy off.

On her live broadcast Lauren was saying, "Just watch. When the report is aired on the mainstream news you won't see any of what you've been watching here all day. You won't see happy peaceful people like your neighbors out here exchanging their views about what's wrong with the current situation. All you'll see is that journalist being "attacked" even though no actual harm was done to him and it was small isolated incident.

She was right. I saw it on the nightly news last night. It was exactly as Lauren predicted. A quick flurry of angry people with no explanation of why then  5 minutes of support for the idea of clearing them off.

The first time I saw that on Global it just showed some yelling and a guy spitting on the window of their car and giving them the finger. IMO that was fine. Global earned that.

The second time I saw it on Global they had added footage of 2 different guys spitting right on a cameraman. While Global still deserved it (people who were slandered have good reason to be that mad), that specific cameraman didn't deserve it, it was highly illegal, and the people who did it should be charged criminally because it's morally the right thing to do. 

They will definitely be charged because Global are excellent propagandists, and the charges will likely be too severe for the same reason.

I know that the RCMP physically attack Rebel News reporters regularly, but they don't spit on them, and Rebel are anti-propaganda = no lega protection. 

If there's a fine, or the people who spit on them need some gofundme $ for their defence, I will find a way to give them cash. I know that will draw comparisons between me & Kamala Harris, but in my heart I know that I'm not an evil skank. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Enough that they are discussing it in the Senate.

Or did someone just mention it and move on?  I'm not for the Emergencies Act and don't support but your reasoning seems to be that the truckers were unfairly characterized because some hooligans from Ottawa (how many?  Who knows!) may have harassed some other locals at some point.  

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

The first time I saw that on Global it just showed some yelling and a guy spitting on the window of their car and giving them the finger. IMO that was fine. Global earned that.

The second time I saw it on Global they had added footage of 2 different guys spitting right on a cameraman. While Global still deserved it (people who were slandered have good reason to be that mad), that specific cameraman didn't deserve it, it was highly illegal, and the people who did it should be charged criminally because it's morally the right thing to do. 

Sure. Fine spitters. Especially during a pandemic.

I didn't see any spitters in the incident Lauren filmed but if some crazed numbskull was spitting (even on MSM liars) somewhere up the 30 kilometre long line of protesters by all means fine him.

My critique is that isolated incident was not representative of the day long and weekly peaceful protests at the border. And the 5 O' clock liars gave no explanation as to why that small group had lost control but used the cherry-picked incident to represent a fabricated truth of a lawless violent uprising - otherwise known as a lie.

24 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

My critique is that isolated incident was not representative of the day long and weekly peaceful protests at the border. And the 5 O' clock liars gave no explanation as to why that small group had lost control but used the cherry-picked incident to represent a fabricated truth of a lawless violent uprising - otherwise known as a lie.

It's the same logic that people used to try to discredit BLM protests and label them all as rioters.  A few bad actors are highlighted to paint the entire movement as awful.  

Your logic isn't bad here, but you can't cherry pick when and how you apply it to suit your world views.  

30 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Definitely not, but it shows that the gaslighting  and lying by the MSM is having it's intended effect. Some people are at the boiling point now. 

3 hours ago, Moonbox said:

It's the same logic that people used to try to discredit BLM protests and label them all as rioters.  A few bad actors are highlighted to paint the entire movement as awful.  

Your logic isn't bad here, but you can't cherry pick when and how you apply it to suit your world views.  

The difference is there was a lot of straight out violence from BLM and BLM supporters including looting, billions of dollars in damage and flat out murders. So yeah great masses of them were violent rioters, not protestors. The truck convoy violations were pretty much parking and noise violations.

So no, it's not the same logic. And my logic is dead-on. Yours is condescending BS.

Want it straight from the horse's mouth (hoof even.?)

Here's Lauren Southern, the girl whose video I was discussing that you think gives you right to give me a pat on the head and try to BS me by telling me the border protest was the same thing as the 'summer of love' 2020 riots. She's breaking down the whole truth by telling you what the lies are concerning the Freedom protests. The bit about the media guy who was chased away from the border protest (yes I said protest as opposed to the 'summer of love' BLM/Antifa/Far Left riots of 2020) is towards the end of the video.

22 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

The difference is there was a lot of straight out violence from BLM and BLM supporters including looting, billions of dollars in damage and flat out murders. So yeah great masses of them were violent rioters, not protestors. The truck convoy violations were pretty much parking and noise violations.

You missed the point entirelyYou're demonizing one protest movement generally over the bad actors among the group, whilst crying foul over the same thing happening to one that you support.  I brought up the BLM protests again because your double-standards and hypocrisy were typical and predictable.    

So no, it's not the same logic. And my logic is dead-on. Yours is condescending BS.

No, your logic is silly nonsense.  You're talking about apparently billions of dollars of damage in looting with BLM, whilst ignoring billions in lost economic output ($300M/day of trade across the Ambassador Bridge was blockaded).  You're also comparing 16-30 million protestors outraged by police targeting/murdering/beating civilians based on their race vs a relatively tiny group being mandated to wear masks and get a vaccine against a virus that's killing people.  We can both distinguish between the two movements, but the bolded part above is where your logic fails you.  

Want it straight from the horse's mouth (hoof even.?)

Here's Lauren Southern, the girl whose video I was discussing that you think gives you right to give me a pat on the head and try to BS me by telling me the border protest was the same thing as the 'summer of love' 2020 riots. She's breaking down the whole truth by telling you what the lies are concerning the Freedom protests. The bit about the media guy who was chased away from the border protest (yes I said protest as opposed to the 'summer of love' BLM/Antifa/Far Left riots of 2020) is towards the end of the video.

This is what you consider reliable journalism?  Lauren Southern?  You might as well link an Alex Jones video for me.  ?

I know someone already posted this, but i have to ask what in the blue blazes does Trump supporters have anything to do with this convoy thing, let alone Canada and why do we need to go after their bank accounts as well. I get it trump is not popular here in Canada but why do we need to go there. We have paid a proven terrorist 10 million dollars , CIA paid his brother for some info, but we let the family who are known terrorist supports they get to go free, not one account seized. 

And some how we have equated trucks as an enemy of the state, where the government can seize everything really and most are good with that... and now lets go off topic and throw in trump supporters, and open their bank accounts up as well, does anyone see anything wrong with that...i can't wait until the next group gets put up there...can some liberal or NDP 'er explain that to me... 

52 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

You missed the point entirelyYou're demonizing one protest movement generally over the bad actors among the group, whilst crying foul over the same thing happening to one that you support.  I brought up the BLM protests again because your double-standards and hypocrisy were typical and predictable.    

No, your logic is silly nonsense.  You're talking about apparently billions of dollars of damage in looting with BLM, whilst ignoring billions in lost economic output ($300M/day of trade across the Ambassador Bridge was blockaded).  You're also comparing 16-30 million protestors outraged by police targeting/murdering/beating civilians based on their race vs a relatively tiny group being mandated to wear masks and get a vaccine against a virus that's killing people.  We can both distinguish between the two movements, but the bolded part above is where your logic fails you.  

This is what you consider reliable journalism?  Lauren Southern?  You might as well link an Alex Jones video for me.  ?

Yeah well I guess if I was trying to push the BS you do I'd fear the fact based commentary of somebody like Lauren Southern too. 

But I'm not, so I recognize comparing the violence of the BLM riots to the non-violent peaceful protest of the Freedom convoy protests and trying to pass them off as the same thing or even comparable is false equivalence nonsense.

And failing to notice that many more billions were lost and more small businesses were driven under by the mandates and lockdowns the freedom protests were hoping to do away with isn't just being blind it's hoping to push that lack of observation of the obvious on the rest of us.

Also it hopes to evade the main point. Calling non-violence violence because you don't like the cause of the actual peaceful protest is stupid.

• Like 1

And speaking of hypocrisy, ignoring the obvious fact that the violence of BLM is largely ignored while protesting against authoritarianism from the ideology that powers that violence gets met with more violence from the guy on top who knelt in support of BLM is beyond hypocritical. It's evil.

Edited by Infidel Dog

2 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Yeah well I guess if I was trying to push the BS you do I'd fear the fact based commentary of somebody like Lauren Southern too. 

Nobody fears commentary by someone like Lauren Southern.  At best she elicits an eyeroll and a chuckle, but mostly we just ignore her as just another angry Karen.  

But I'm not, so I recognize comparing the violence of the BLM riots to the non-violent peaceful protest of the Freedom convoy protests and trying to pass them off as the same thing or even comparable is false equivalence nonsense.

Nobody said they were the same thing.  I said that your whining about the trucker's being sweepingly/generally criticized because of a few exceptionally bad actors among them is richly ironic given how quickly you're willing to do the same thing if it's a protest you don't agree with.  

Also it hopes to evade the main point. Calling non-violence violence because you don't like the cause of the actual peaceful protest is stupid.

What on earth are you even talking about now?  I don't think you can even keep your own points straight, nevermind what others are saying.  ?

Edited by Moonbox
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Nobody said they were the same thing.  I said that your whining about the trucker's being sweepingly/generally criticized because of a few exceptionally bad actors among them is richly ironic given how quickly you're willing to do the same thing if it's a protest you don't agree with.  

Who was talking about truckers having a few bad actors? Not me. I said the protesters at the massive and peaceful border rally had a few bad actors. Those were just locals who came down to participate. They weren't truckers. Actually I think it was just one guy who spat on an MSM journalist. And you want to compare that guy to the thousands of violent looters, vandals and even murderers in the summer of George Floyd riots and beyond.

There is no comparison. That somebody is so divorced from reality he thinks there is makes me wonder what else he got wrong. Actually I don't have to wonder. I know you didn't click the Lauren Southern link yet you want to pretend you have some sort of expertise on her. That's just stupid, man. Why would anybody care what your opinion is of somebody you know nothing about? And don't bother me with a quick Google. You know nothing about her. I know it and you know it.

Edited by Infidel Dog

12 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trudeau’s international and national image is irreparably damaged and will only worsen the longer he maintains the oppression:

https://apple.news/AU-CfKwQeShq-MgPAfk9rzw

Jordan Peterson makes a killer point. It isn't just Canada's general international reputation Prime Minister Clownboy has damaged.

Peterson says 20% of the world's faith in the Canadian banking system is gone. He says he's getting advice to move his money out of Canadian banks:

And yeah, Moonbox, we know. You don't like Peterson either. Just another reason to take him seriously is all that is.

I see some reports from MP's about people in their constituency who've had their bank accounts frozen. These people have not been charged with a crime or even informed of their locked accounts. This is clearly illegal and their needs to be a lawsuit.

The government knows it is illegal and is backing off and releasing some of the them. That the GOVERNMENT is deciding now makes this authoritarianism, pure and simple.

The main intention here is to generate a message to frighten the rest of us. Ain't nobody going to want to donate to political activism now. or become involved in any capacity.

Liberals have finally taken us to a place we never wanted to go, those who could see this coming.

Edited by OftenWrong

9 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Nobody fears commentary by someone like Lauren Southern.  At best she elicits an eyeroll and a chuckle, but mostly we just ignore her as just another angry Karen.  

What on earth are you even talking about now?  I don't think you can even keep your own points straight, nevermind what others are saying.  ?

Moonbox...you wanted a rational discussion yet refuse to consider anything in a report that sheds perspective on the issue...because you don't like the reporter and the report exposes some painful realities. Is that rational?

In reality, there is no comparison between the economic and social repercussions of 'The Summer of Love' and the trucker's protest. 

And how did our PM react to the 2020 riots? Well...he said the rioters need to be listened to...and condemned Trump's heavy handed response. 

Pixie-Dust is an opportunistic fop who has only 1 principal; virtue-signal to the 'far left' and treat those who dare oppose his chicken kaka, like sub-human.

And that makes Southern's report very relevant. Too bad you refuse to be...

Rational.

Edited by Nationalist