Trucker's Convoy

West

\

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Going down now

Really hoping that the average Canadian feels contempt and disgust at what Mr. Trudeau has done. The video of the man and disabled woman trampled is iconic. It will go around the world and become a symbol of this event, like the famous photo of guy standing in front of the tank at Tiananmen.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

This is the more fundamental problem here, not trucks. The poster's feelings about authority and trust in police.

Mr. Trudeau has undermined the very fabric of Canadian civil society.

Trampled under cloven hooves.

but in a practical sense, I am trying to save Canada from civil disorder

governments that behave like this, have catastrophic results

this is how Mexico become Mexico

13 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Mr. Trudeau has undermined the very fabric of Canadian civil society.

Indeed this is a shameful result, but the instigators own their part in it.  It's always been about "Mr. Trudeau" and sacrificing willing dupes and suckers to do whatever damage they could do to him. 

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

Indeed this is a shameful result, but the instigators own their part in it.  It's always been about "Mr. Trudeau" and sacrificing willing dupes and suckers to do whatever damage they could do to him. 

I would not say each has equal responsibility though. Trudeau has all the power and authority. There is no question he owns it, by virtue of the fact he is in charge.

• Like 2

only one third of Canadians, the working classes, are with the truckers ?

that's 12 million people

if that was incited into a violent revolution, it would win the war

so if you oppose them

don't throw gasoline on the fire

because you only have a token force military

and almost all of them oppose the government, and in fact hate the government

the way to prevent a civil war, is to stop the tyrannical dictator Trudeau from inciting one

because the bourgeois managerial would be swept aside, and you would end up with a military dictatorship 

8 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I would not say each has equal responsibility though. Trudeau has all the power and authority. There is no question he owns it, by virtue of the fact he is in charge.

The problem is Trudeau is an altruistic narcissist. He's incapable of apologizing for anything which is all everyone wants. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

It's funny Canadians are so anti-Trump when they are such a similar personality type. Trump is just more overt.

Edited by Nexii

None of this had to happen.  A result of government overreach.  I hope that this government’s foray into dictatorship ends as soon as possible.  If the NDP support this power grab in Parliament on Monday night, then they are supporting oppressive forces in Canada.  I don’t even know who the Liberals are anymore.  This is not the party of Chrétien.  

4 minutes ago, Nexii said:

The problem is Trudeau is an altruistic narcissist. He's incapable of apologizing for anything which is all everyone wants. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Yes this is about hubris.  We saw it with Bolsheviks, French Revolution Reign of Terror.   It’s the McCarthyist forces of Puritanical cancel culture.  Salem Witch Trials. Spanish Inquisition.  Left wing dictatorship in this iteration.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I agree, but what should have happened was an early shut down.  

"If I were king..."

Mr. Trudeau should have met with the protesters in some capacity. Even if this was doomed to fail, I would at least have a modicum of respect that he did reach out, he did show he is listening to Canadians.

Perhaps he could have said, I've heard you and we will take up a discussion in HOC about your concerns. Now it's time for you to go home.

Then he could mention it in the house, and also say he is listening to Canadians. Now it's time for the truckers to go home. Then he wins.

What I see instead is a narrow-minded and selfish, immature leader. Spiteful when scorned, even in the least. Like one of those horrid boy-kings of old, who inherited his fathers kingdom and then laid it to ruin.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

None of this had to happen.  A result of government overreach.  I hope that this government’s foray into dictatorship ends as soon as possible.  If the NDP support this power grab in Parliament on Monday night, then they are supporting oppressive forces in Canada.  I don’t even know who the Liberals are anymore.  This is not the party of Chrétien.  

I can actually see from here, what a Canadian coup de'tat would look like

Trudeau is pushing things off that cliff now

I can see a cabal of Generals overthrowing this government

any Officer has the legal authority to arrest Trudeau right now

6 minutes ago, Nexii said:

It's funny Canadians are so anti-Trump when they are such a similar personality type. Trump is just more overt.

Good point. I have noted the similarities myself. Trudeau is much less overt now.

If Trump had done the things Trudeau's doing, look out Nellie...

;)

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

Mr. Trudeau should have met with the protesters in some capacity. 

Disagree.

1. They had no authority

2. They came in bad faith

3. They were disreputable

4. They had unreasonable and impossible demands

5. They were supported by a small minority

People who are going to whinge about their unfortunate pepper spraying should compare to the police response to one day of G20 protests in Toronto years ago.

the Liberals have been purging the senior ranks of the military with their fake "sexual misconduct" rubric

they have criminally charged General Vance

they have gone after General Caron, General Rouleau, Admiral Norman, Admiral MacDonald

the list of Canadian General & Flag Officers being purged is growing all the time

seriously, this is what happened in Chile

if a panel of General's & Admirals came out right now

called upon all serving & veteran Canadian Forces members to join them in a counterrevolution  against Trudeau ?

I think that's a done deal, they would have an army of their own in a matter of minutes

and that would be a Junta

seriously, we are on the brink of being Chile North in a minute

now is the time to defend the Queen from that, by defending the Queen from the cause, which is Trudeau

9 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Disagree.

1. They had no authority

2. They came in bad faith

3. They were disreputable

4. They had unreasonable and impossible demands

5. They were supported by a small minority

People who are going to whinge about their unfortunate pepper spraying should compare to the police response to one day of G20 protests in Toronto years ago.

It doesn't matter they had authority, nor that any good would come of it. It matters about the outcome and how you handle this, both immediately in Ottawa, and in the media. That's what I just saidl but you seem to miss that point. I'm not arguing about the protesters issues, even. I'm talking about Trudeau's handling of this.

Disreputable, don't bore me with subjective nonsense. They had some points to make that resonated with many Canadians. I don't care if people go there with Nazi flags. People are always on the Hill with Nazis flags, whenever I go there.

Instead what's come out as disreputable is the mainstream media. They are now exposed as a manipulative government propaganda machine. Many knew that already, but now they are exposed.

That and police lying on Twitter.

Meanwhile politicians are hiding, not doing their job in the HOC, debating the Emergency Act. I believe they have not voted on it. They could have held online sessions on Friday, but they made excuses. This is undermining our society.

Mr. Trudeau must step down as leader. Immediate non-confidence vote. Let the government fall.

Edited by OftenWrong