Trucker's Convoy

West

Let's also point out the big lie that the "media" doesn't cover it.  A couple of days ago this was the number TWO story, after the buildup to WW3.  Insiders at the CBC report that management wants to bend over backwards to show people how "objective" they are by covering this.

"United We Roll" had a similar footprint and got comparable coverage to a Quebec student climate protest that had hundreds of thousands participate.

But ... yeah ... CBC conspires to keep you all down .... go Wexit etc.  

Loud.  SIgh.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

The idea being that those on high are not up to a golden standard so why should they have any standards at all.

Let's consider a "discussion panel" where all "experts" present share the same view on the subject maybe with slight variations. Question: what standard of objective journalism would that be:

a) golden standard

b) minimal standard

c) parody, parrot party line, China government media-style standard

Let's observe, see and reflect. When was it bad to look at the reflection in the mirror?

33 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

There is a double standard on this issue clearly.

Those who claim the MSM lies .... I *suppose* feel that they don't have to hold up the same standard in their personal communication that professional journalists do.  I don't get it, but maybe it says something about how they view institutions as being positioned "above" them.

The idea being that those on high are not up to a golden standard so why should they have any standards at all.

So... 50,000 trucks, Facebook groups disappearing, highway cams blacked out, Trudeau quotes, physical attacks, location of the convoy, fake pictures of trucks with green grass, fake pictures of store shelves, being called viscous names by the CBC.... 

It doesn't matter to them that they throw these kinds of (I'll be generous here) RUMOURS around because they don't see themselves as having the same standard of proof.

Anyway that's as near as I can figure it.  

I dont know about any of that stuff for sure, but the announced closing of our overpass route for several hours is real. Cops will be positioned on either side. No persons allowed through.

Or else what? It’s a good question to ask.

The image is one of impending police state.

Edited by OftenWrong

15 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. I dont know about any of that stuff for sure, but the announced closing of our overpass route for several hours is real. Cops will be positioned on either side. No persons allowed through.

2. Or else what? It’s a good question to ask.

3. The image is one of impending police state.

1. I don't doubt it.
2. Or else what ?  What is the choice - I don't get it ?
3. The police are helping the protest... ?  how is that police state ?

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

There is a double standard on this issue clearly.

Those who claim the MSM lies .... I *suppose* feel that they don't have to hold up the same standard in their personal communication that professional journalists do.  I don't get it, but maybe it says something about how they view institutions as being positioned "above" them.

So... 50,000 trucks, Facebook groups disappearing, highway cams blacked out, Trudeau quotes, physical attacks, location of the convoy, fake pictures of trucks with green grass, fake pictures of store shelves, being called viscous names by the CBC.... 

It doesn't matter to them that they throw these kinds of (I'll be generous here) RUMOURS around because they don't see themselves as having the same standard of proof.

Anyway that's as near as I can figure it.  

I think the obvious problem you have with your argument is that "the general public" are NOT held to the same standards as "the news media". See...Karen at Wallymart, or Hank the trucker, didn't study Journalism. Thus, I would not expect John Musselman at CTV to be able to drive a semi from coast to coast. He might be able to, but his effort would be more likely to end in a crash, than say Hank's daily efforts with an identical truck and task.

RUMOURS...quite often have 'some' truth to them. For instance, the RUMOUR that some people on the internet have made...less that tasteful comments. Only someone who's lived his or her life in a complete bubble, would be surprised by this. And were the actual data analyzed, I'd bet there are tasteless infractions from both sides. But we don't know for sure because, our independent media chooses to not say such. And if the trusted journalist doesn't say it, or report it, it doesn't exist for many. Their rational would agree with the assumption...but argue against it till their blue in the fingertips...because John Musselman didn't report that. Instead, John chose to only report the disparaging internet chatter and also these "fringe" groups, in a crafted effort to present blame and shame on people who...Gawd friggin' forbid...actually support a removal of all current restrictions and mandates. He didn't mention that Karen at Wallymart has posted some pretty bloody outrageous crap as well. That wouldn't help his...goal.

Which brings us, inevitably, back to the same ol' problem. Our "Journalists"...for the most part (hence the term 'MSM') don't sit down to type-up a report about any particular even AS IT HAPPENED without taking the opportunity to slightly warp WHAT HAPPENED to meet their particular point of view, or the point of view they've been told to present.

This is nothing new. The media has been doing this, to some degree, all along. They choose to editorialize every report. Hell they teach that in the Journalism schools now. But its never been so...in your face. I have never experienced the level of pure vitriol...pure bias...and down right pure BS and lies...than I have from our "Free Press" of late.

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. I think the obvious problem you have with your argument is that "the general public" are NOT held to the same standards as "the news media". See...Karen at Wallymart, or Hank the trucker, didn't study Journalism. Thus, I would not expect John Musselman at CTV to be able to drive a semi from coast to coast. He might be able to, but his effort would be more likely to end in a crash, than say Hank's daily efforts with an identical truck and task.

2. RUMOURS...quite often have 'some' truth to them.  

3. Which brings us, inevitable, back to the same ol' problem. Our "Journalists"...for the most part (hence the term 'MSM') don't sit down to type-up a report about any particular even AS IT HAPPENED without taking the opportunity to slightly warp WHAT HAPPENED to meet their particular point of view, or the point of view they've been told to present.

1. I get that.  But when it's bandied about that the MSM "lies" - shouldn't the definition of "lie" be very basic to all ?  To public and media ?  When we're all online, our words become more important as they get repeated and echoed further and more often.

2. Agreed

3.Unconscious bias is more of the problem, including attitudes as to who is allowed to "lie" and who isn't.

16 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

From another website . . . . Justin has gone into isolation re: Covid exposure.

Sorry, no link . . . . CTV

If this is true...then LOL!!!

Now...once the truckers and all those socially unacceptable and dirty people leave the capital, our li'l Pixie-Dust Trudeau will dawn his battle-sockies and come out to condemn those bad...bad people, in the most stern voice the li'l tyke can muster.

And the clown show continues...

19 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I get that.  But when it's bandied about that the MSM "lies" - shouldn't the definition of "lie" be very basic to all ?  To public and media ?  When we're all online, our words become more important as they get repeated and echoed further and more often.

2. Agreed

3.Unconscious bias is more of the problem, including attitudes as to who is allowed to "lie" and who isn't.

1. The definition of "lie" does apply to all...in my book. The problem is one of degrees. Should we be AS concerned about "lies" by the general public, as much as when our trained wordsmiths and journalists "lie"? Probably not eh?

2. Good.

3. I disagree with your unconscious bias theory. These are trained writers. If they consistently let their own person bias warp the meaning of a report they produce, they need to be re-trained and our trainers need to be addresses. Opinion pieces are one thing. But purposefully slanting a news report is more like social engineering than anything else.

Edited by Nationalist

11 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. The definition of "lie" does apply to all...in my book. The problem is one of degrees. Should we be AS concerned about "lies" by the general public, as much as when our trained wordsmiths and journalists "lie"? Probably not eh?

2. I disagree with your unconscious bias theory. These are trained writers. If they consistently let their own person bias warp the meaning of a report they produce, they need to be re-trained and our trainers need to be addresses. Opinion pieces are one thing.

3. But purposefully slanting a news report is more like social engineering than anything else.

1. Well that's a good perspective.  What about if somebody on here - a board cohort - tells me a falsehood ?
2. Well sure but... these are humans not robots.  That said, of course you can call them out.  That is what the whole woke movement is about also right ? ;)  
3.You are starting to drill down into the human psyche here.  And you can start to understand why the very well-educated John Crosbie of Newfoundland spoke purposely in a heavy Newfoundland accent when in parliament...

13 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

I find nothing too radical about the man. He speaks from his heart and others can see that

People appreciate the honesty, bigtime.

He gets up to 13M listeners to some podcasts. Meanwhile CNN gets about 600K viewers per show.

Joe gets more than 20x as many listeners as CNN ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

He gets up to 13M listeners to some podcasts. Meanwhile CNN gets about 600K viewers per show.

Do you think that getting more supporters is a valid way to assess the value of a message?

Kanye West, Justin Trudeau and The Toronto Maple Leafs are also supported by lots of people... ?

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Do you think that getting more supporters is a valid way to assess the value of a message?

Kanye West, Justin Trudeau and The Toronto Maple Leafs are also supported by lots of people... ?

What do you care unless you also seek to get him banned. Do you seek to get him banned?

16 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

People appreciate the honesty, bigtime.

Yup...he's genuine and that just pisses off the authoritarians like those wanna-be Nazis posting here. How dare he go against what they hold dear...he must be silenced.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, West said:

Why would he need to isolate if he's jabbed?

Everything he does is being carefully calculated and strategized to manipulate the public.  He's officially isolating for at least 2 reasons.  1) To garner sympathy from gullible Canadians, and 2), to irritate the convoy and those who support it.  

Trudeau makes some bombastic comments about the trucker convoy yesterday and today he goes into hiding.  It's trolling 101.  They want to whip up anger among the truckers, hoping that this produces incidents of violence so they can shut them down.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they've got the army on standby.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The police are helping the protest... ?  how is that police state ?

I dont see it as helping. They are blocking ordinary people from going to the overpass and doing things like waving flags in support to cheer them on, as they drive by here tonight around 5 pm.

34 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Absolutely.

Much in the same way that God, Allah, Buddha etc are 'real' because the belief in them creates so many real consequences on our planet, the value that people find from those 'messengers' is real. 

I can say something true and important here which has no value because very few people see it and only half of them will agree with it.

Trudeau can make a false, bigoted, hateful statement which will reach millions of people and influence them to hate their fellow Canadians. It has value, but it's negative value. 

There's value [negative] in a BLM message because it helps convince their followers to destroy cities. 

The fact that Joe is reaching so many people makes his message valuable to millions, and the fact that his show has so much useful messaging makes it valuable [positive] to the continent. 

• Like 1