Trucker's Convoy

West

41 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Your anecdotes are true but anyone who has one that disagrees with your view is a liar.

That goes with the obvious monopoly on the truth and the right answers. Isn't it obvious, you lost.

35 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

CBC Radio in particular used to be a very special place. So much talent...from Arthur Black to Peter Gzowski. Dead Dog Cafe...Finkleman's 45s...endless great programing.

Now it is just crap...

They keep getting their budgets cut, what do you expect. Still enjoy The Debaters on radio. Canada has some really sharp comics.

38 minutes ago, Aristides said:

They keep getting their budgets cut, what do you expect. Still enjoy The Debaters on radio. Canada has some really sharp comics.

The Debaters is good as are a few shows from the old days that live on. Quirks & Quarks, for example. Indeed CBC Radio suffers at the expense of the other mediums. Which is really too bad as when we lose radio...which is free for the most part...it will not return in our lifetimes as we knew it. I felt that way when much of Canada abandoned AM broadcasts. Well...that's gone. The car trip just got boring...

Oddly, it's things like Chinese, Pakistani language stations that are granted AM licenses now. But the AM band is a joke compared to how it used to be. Thousands of radio stations from far-far-away.

Pay Radio? Meh...soulless.

College Radio...the last hope for the medium. But it has always been the last hope. And the 'staff' turnover is...as you can imagine...frequent.

:D

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, West said:

Well it took a little bit longer than I suspected but finally the left wingers are jumping up and down about how "racist" the convoy is. Sad but predictable

The muck of choice for the left. Everybody is a racist....well...xceptin' me.

Just watched an interview with one of the organizers. Their motivation was 2 friends committing suicide during the pandemic as a result of losing everything and isolation. 

What does our PM do? Calls them a bunch of fringe terrorists. 

How this man is allowed to stay in office after such inflammatory rhetoric is truly unbelievable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those nitpicking on the exact number or length of the convoy, it's difficult to tell.

Drone footage shows it to be over 70 kms long, but that was a couple days ago.  They pick up more trucks as they go.

One branch started from Vancouver, another started from the Maritimes, now the US truckers are joining from the south.

The convoy was talked about briefly on Joe Rogan's podcast today and he showed a couple videos of it.

43 minutes ago, Goddess said:

From Youtube, check it out before it disappears.

Disappears from YouTube?  Like we heard that the Facebook group did?

Honestly why do these Convoy people feel like they can bullshit as freely as their hated Trudeau does?

Webcam conspiracies, Trudeau quotes that nobody can back up, disappearing Facebook pages and 50,000+ trucks.

It is going to be even harder for people to take this seriously next time folks...

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Honestly why do these Convoy people feel like they can bullshit as freely as their hated Trudeau does?

Webcam conspiracies, Trudeau quotes that nobody can back up, disappearing Facebook pages and 50,000+ trucks.

It is going to be even harder for people to take this seriously next time folks...

Ya, sorry, Michael.

I couldn't find answers for you on that trusted investigative journal you believe in - Celebrilla.

18 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

And what do you think the results will be of dismissing the convoy as some fringe element and suppressing its important message?   Trudeau has underestimated the public’s intelligence.  Blanket, blunt instrument restrictions and mandates are not serving us well.  People have complied and sacrificed in untold ways.  Omicron impacts the vast majority of people like a flu.  It’s fair to demand that restrictions be eliminated given the high toll they have taken after so much vaccination and compliance. Covid is here to stay.  Does that mean restrictions should be too?  We have to live normal lives taking whatever precautions we see fit for ourselves, not living under endless dictates, waiting for permission to live our short lives.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Hmmm trust people who haven't left the studio or trust the live feeds and people you know who are actually there 

Another one of the left's "don't believe your eyes" campaigns

Edited by West

1 hour ago, West said:

If there's any violence it'll be because Trudeau has incited hatred and division toward a group of people over a medical decision. 

I agree.

I don't know if you heard, but in Windsor a trucker who doesn't agree with the convoy smashed his own truck into one of the convoy trucks.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

And what do you think the results will be of dismissing the convoy as some fringe element and suppressing its important message?  

I think Trudeau is making a bad mistake by making his speech today about this being a "fringe minority".

There are a lot of people who would also like to drive to Ottawa but they can't.

They're the ones lining the highways and overpasses, meeting the truckers with flags and signs everywhere they stop.  The ones who have donated over $5 million to support this protest.

Edited by Goddess

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I think Trudeau is making a bad mistake by making his speech today about this being a "fringe minority".

There are a lot of people who would also like to drive to Ottawa but they can't.

They're the ones lining the highways and overpasses, meeting the truckers with flags and signs everywhere they stop.  The ones who have donated over $5 million to support this protest.

I just hope the media covers this without inserting a biased interpretation.  Something tells me the movement to end restrictions will grow.  If it doesn’t, we’re in trouble.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I just hope the media covers this without inserting a biased interpretation.  Something tells me the movement to end restrictions will grow.  If it doesn’t, we’re in trouble.  

I think we might be in trouble, too.

We have the most draconian restrictions in the free world and a Prime Minister who is arrogant and power-hungry.

He's not likely to backdown - more likely to get revenge by doubling down.  He has to save face somehow.  The world is watching.

2 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

The Debaters is good as are a few shows from the old days that live on. Quirks & Quarks, for example. Indeed CBC Radio suffers at the expense of the other mediums.

Other mediums is right.

I think that part of the reason that podcasts have overtaken radio is the fact that it's so completely merit-based.

People don't get hired to do podcasts based on their popularity, or because they check all of the intersectionality boxes, they just start them up by themselves and then they sink or swim.

And even if the CBC lucked out and hired a guy like Joe Rogan he'd be unceremoniously dumped at the first sign of 'controversy' anyways, and by controversy I mean 'the first time that he said anything worth listening to'. 

Leftist snowflakes think that unless a show blows sunshine up their arses 24/7 it needs to be cancelled and the CBC is as mamby pamby as a dithering butterfly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I agree.

I don't know if you heard, but in Windsor a trucker who doesn't agree with the convoy smashed his own truck into one of the convoy trucks.

The ultimate cancel-culture move. "I don't agree with the message, so I'll use violence to stop it."

It's actually a serious crime to use a vehicle as a weapon, and the driver's insurance won't cover him for that kind of damage either. Hopefully he's charged criminally and he's not allowed to collect gofundme cash from Kamala Harris, Justin Trudeau et al to help pay for his crime.