Trucker's Convoy

West

6 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I'm not your trained seal, either. All of them. And since you'd be cheering along with the CBC mob, you'd be right at home.

Surely if you're going to post a link or you can cite a specific article or commentary if you're legitimately trying to deliver a coherent argument?

Edited by Moonbox

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

EDIT: Kenora Online say that the OPP reports 200-300 trucks.  Impressive to me at least...

https://www.kenoraonline.com/articles/kenora-opp-says-traffic-delays-could-occur-tuesday-night-due-to-freedom-convoy-

That's a lot of trucks but you would need around 1200 to make a line 70 km long.

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

Surely if you're going to post a link or you can cite a specific article or commentary if you're legitimately trying to deliver a coherent argument?

Argument? There is no argument that CBC is a left leaning rag that heavily censors any opinion they deem not helpful to the PM's agenda. I'm surprised you think it's something other than that.

47 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Eyeball's intransigence aside, it is rather eye-opening that over at CBC and similar sites, calls for dealing with the disease spreaders...plague rats...vermin...you name it...are growing to a fever pitch. The wrong person wanders into the wrong crowd and I think there will be violence. Perhaps deadly violence.

Only violence I've heard of or seen has come from the anti-mask, anti-vax types.  Do you have any idea how many service people have been harassed, been spit on, had things thrown at them?  Next time you go into a store or restaurant, ask them.  We ask, and virtually all of them have experienced harassment from some entitled snowflakes.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Argument? There is no argument that CBC is a left leaning rag that heavily censors any opinion they deem not helpful to the PM's agenda. I'm surprised you think it's something other than that.

I'd agree that CBC is left-leaning and biased.  It's why I don't pay it a moment's notice or read much of anything they have to say.  The Toronto Star is even worse. There's a big difference between editorial bias and making shit up, however, so though I don't agree with a lot of the spin and opinions posted on these news sites, I don't automatically assume that everything they post is false.  That's juvenile. 

The funniest part about the this whole red-herring is that you're paying more attention to CBC than anyone else here.  Why exactly are we talking about the CBC anyways?  I think if you want to complain about the merits (or rather lack thereof) of a politically biased news agency receiving billions of public funding, we could start another thread on that.  

9 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Only violence I've heard of or seen has come from the anti-mask, anti-vax types.  Do you have any idea how many service people have been harassed, been spit on, had things thrown at them?  Next time you go into a store or restaurant, ask them.  We ask, and virtually all of them have experienced harassment from some entitled snowflakes.  

Seen it yourself, hey? And you survived! Amazing. 

4 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I'd agree that CBC is left-leaning and biased.  It's why I don't pay it a moment's notice or read much of anything they have to say.  The Toronto Star is even worse. There's a big difference between editorial bias and making shit up, however, so though I don't agree with a lot of the spin and opinions posted on these news sites, I don't automatically assume that everything they post is false.  That's juvenile. 

The funniest part about the this whole red-herring is that you're paying more attention to CBC than anyone else here.  Why exactly are we talking about the CBC anyways?  I think if you want to complain about the merits (or rather lack thereof) of a politically biased news agency receiving billions of public funding, we could start another thread on that.  

They're a taxpayer funded media source that is actively against what the truckers are doing. It's part of the thread if I say so....not what you think should be included. So into control...and authority....it shows.

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I was quite a bit low on that estimate. I looked up the average length of a tractor trailer and it is 21 metres. Double that to provide spacing and you would still need 1666 trucks to make 70 km.

Next Up: How many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Let's find out...

8 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Seen it yourself, hey?

Yup, twice.  And of course, all the servers and clerks in the restaurants and stores we've asked must be lying if we didn't see it ourselves.

8 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

And you survived! Amazing

Certainly not as amazing as the claims on here that unvaxed are about to be torn apart by angry mobs.  If anything, angry mobs of unvaxed and anti-mask have already demonstrated their willingness to engage in violence when asked to follow the rules.  

Edited by dialamah

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Yup, twice.  And of course, all the servers and clerks in the restaurants and stores we've asked must be lying if we didn't see it ourselves.

Certainly not as amazing than the claims on here that unvaxed are about to be torn apart by angry mobs.  If anything, angry mobs of unvaxed and anti-mask have already demonstrated their willingness to engage in violence when asked to follow the rules.  

So you go around to stores, bars and restaurants and ask the staff about how many times they were attacked by the "unvaxxed"?

Okay...sure. That's normal. And believable...heh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

They're a taxpayer funded media source that is actively against what the truckers are doing. It's part of the thread if I say so....not what you think should be included. So into control...and authority....it shows.

No, it just means that their editors think what the truckers are doing is stupid, as do I and most of the rest of Canada.  The only thing you have any legitimate complaint on here is whether there's any merit to a politically biased media outlet being propped up by tax money.  On that, you'd have some sympathy for me.  On their bias being a some sort of evidence of collusion with...authority or...whatever it is you're saying...get a grip.  

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

If you bothered to read any of those articles you would see they are fairy balanced, don't call anyone names and some include interviews with Lich.

Just now, Aristides said:

If you bothered to read any of those articles you would see they are fairy balanced, don't call anyone names and some include interviews with Lich.

That you think CBC is fair and balanced says pretty much everything needed.

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

No, it just means that their editors think what the truckers are doing is stupid, as do I and most of the rest of Canada.  The only thing you have any legitimate complaint on here is whether there's any merit to a politically biased media outlet being propped up by tax money.  On that, you'd have some sympathy for me.  On their bias being a some sort of evidence of collusion with...authority or...whatever it is you're saying...get a grip.  

I accept that you find conditions appealing to your cause and political goals.