Trucker's Convoy

West

Peaceful assembly is now illegal except in designated narrow areas that can be carefully surveilled.  
Empowered by the federal government's move to invoke the Emergencies Act, police will soon establish "no-go" zones in the city's downtown core to control unruly crowds associated with the anti-vaccine mandate convoy protest, the minister said. People who defy orders to leave, he added, will face fines or jail time, or both.”

CBC

14 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You trying to divide people with medical conditions pre-dispose them to dying with Covid doesn't really have a place in this discussion because everyone has a right to live.   

I always love your flair for the dramatic. Who said anything about anyone's right to live. People who have the conditions should be getting vaccinated. Those who do not can choose not to as their risk is much different. Of course you are still stuck on the idea that vaccinated are protected from catching covid, so I can't really help you with that even though I have shown you multiple times its not true. 

17 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Covid is far more than a flu and causes widespread death.  

Did the vaccines stop death? Last time I checked even the triple vaxxed where dying. 

18 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Over five million people on earth have died from Covid.  

Average life expectancy....78. Average Covid death 80. People die...all the time. Stop being dramatic about it. 8,000 to 10,000 people per year died from flu and pneumonia in Canada. Over two years that's 20,000 people.  Covid has killed 35,000 people in Canada over two years. Of course, we know the flu deaths are low because they never really tracked them (especially like Covid) and we know the Covid deaths are embellished as anyone with Covid gets marked as a Covid death.  What's the truth? Covid is definitely more severe than the flu but its not what you make it out to be. 

24 minutes ago, blackbird said:

So I don't accept your reasoning that you seem to be heading toward that we shouldn't protect people who are more likely to die if they get Covid.  

Again, your reading comprehension fails you. I have broken out the people with or without conditions for this exact reason...to protect the ones that are more likely to die. 

25 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Everyone should be protected by society in as much as is reasonably possible.  This is what society in general has tried to do in the past two years.

Most people don't need protection. Giving them a jab was pointless. I loved hearing my vaccinated friends tell me they were protected and then they suffered worse symptoms than I did when we all caught covid.  Did I need it? Not even close. Does my overweight, diabetic friend need it. YES. The decision to get it comes down to each person as each person is different. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Because Biden has imposed similar mandates federally.  Some have been blocked by the Supreme Court.   No such luck yet in Canada.  

True...Biden got bitch slapped by the U.S.  Supreme Court.   Some state governors refused to comply either way.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Peaceful assembly is now illegal except in designated narrow areas that can be carefully surveilled.  

go ahead and surveill me

I'm not the one hiding, the politicians are hiding

go ahead and watch as we prevail

and understand that your reputations have been destroyed, not just in Canada

you have been exposed as criminal tyrants to the whole world now

front page news everywhere

front page of every news site in America in particular

Edited by Dougie93

11 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Red State America hates the Liberals

because the Liberals are a proxy of the Democrats

they also despise Justin Trudeau to no end

and they love the truckers, they are inspired by the freedom fighters of Canada

Oh right….  I forgot about the CIA connection…. Liberals are CIA operatives.  

When did the CIA hire them?  During Trump?  

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

go ahead and surveill me

I'm not the one hiding, the politicians are hiding

go ahead and watch as we prevail

and understand that your reputations have been destroyed, not just in Canada

you have been exposed as criminal tyrants to the whole world now

front page news everywhere

front page of every news site in America in particular

Yeah and the Dems can wear their support for Trudeau.  People forget that the Republicans are the party of Lincoln until times like these.  

Just now, Dougie93 said:

don't forget that former Newfoundland Premier Brian Peckford has the court challenge at the SCOCAN

if he wins that case

that will mean that the politicians are convicted of violating the Charter right there

so that would kick off a rain of lawsuits in the wake

Well I hope that works out.  Not feeling a lot of trust in our institutions right now.

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

People forget that the Republicans are the party of Lincoln until times like these.  

I vow as a card carrying member to avenge the injustices heaped on Canadians by these tyrants

bringing all my connections to bear across Red Team America

bring up the Terrible Swift Sword of Republican justice

24 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Most people don't need protection. Giving them a jab was pointless..

The person themselves might not need protection, but you remember we live in a collective society which means we need to protect each other and not be spreading it around.  That's what vaccination helps to do.  Granted it's not 100% effective, but it reduces the chances of spread and reduces the number of people filling up hospitals.  That's why as many people as possible need to be vaccinated to beat this thing.

• Thanks 1

Premier Scott Moe a farmer turned politician, says we don't need to have anymore restrictions. The Doctors in Saskatchewan as well as imunologists and epidemiologists say we do. Who do you believe, the politician with a degree in agriculture or people who know what they are talking about?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Premier Scott Moe a farmer turned politician, says we don't need to have anymore restrictions. The Doctors in Saskatchewan as well as imunologists and epidemiologists say we do. Who do you believe, the politician with a degree in agriculture or people who know what they are talking about?

The immunologists and epidemiologists aren’t all in agreement.  Why are so many other jurisdictions proceeding?  Something special about some rural Canadian epidemiologists?  Also, Covid is one consideration among the many factors we need to worry about as individuals and as a society.  People can make informed personal decisions.  

3 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Premier Scott Moe a farmer turned politician, says we don't need to have anymore restrictions. The Doctors in Saskatchewan as well as immunologists and epidemiologists say we do. Who do you believe, the politician with a degree in agriculture or people who know what they are talking about?

Very subtle indeed . . . . touche'