Trucker's Convoy

West

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

I know very little about Pratchette other than he wrote some disc world books.  Being English I surmise he is pretty far left?

Sir Terry Pratchett...no "e"...I misspelled.

It's from his book Night Watch. 

Not sure re: his woke-ness. He had dementia at the end. I only had connection to him through the Skyrim mod "Vilja" (by Emma) of which he played a part. Very good friends with Emma...and she's a good judge of character, in my opinion.

http://lovkullen.net/Emma/index.htm

Edited by DogOnPorch

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Sir Terry Pratchett...no "e"...I misspelled.

It's from his book Night Watch. 

Not sure re: his woke-ness. He had dementia at the end. I only had connection to him through the Skyrim mod "Vilja" (by Emma) of which he played a part. Very good friends with Emma...and she's a good judge of character, in my opinion.

Just too much literature out there to read before I croak.  I got into Terry Goodkind because a friend told me how libertarian his writings were.  As good as the first book was by the eighth I was just too bored. Dahl is one of my favorite English writers.  Especially because he loved children and hated those that treated children badly.

4 hours ago, blackbird said:

Like everything else in life, stupid decisions can have bad consequences.  Nobody has the right to infect other people with Covid.

Bad Bob p.2.gif

Like everything else in life, stupid decisions can have bad consequences.  Nobody has the right to inJECT other people with POISONS.

And by the way, are you and all other vaccinated people still infecting guys like me with COVID?  Who gave you the right?

How stupid can you be?

Edited by cougar

Ottawa residents were shocked to hear their police Chief saying that there is not a police solution to end the occupation of our Capital city.

Ottawa police are ticketing residents for parking illegally but are not ticketing the illegally parked trucks blocking the Downtown core!!!

The Chief however, stated that Americans have been organizing, funding the protest. Funding illegal or terrorist activities are illegal.

The anti-hate group are documenting some hateful activities and those involved.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/policing-end-ottawa-protest-covid-19-mandates-1.6337563

2 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Ottawa residents were shocked to hear their police Chief saying that there is not a police solution to end the occupation of our Capital city.

Ottawa police are ticketing residents for parking illegally but are not ticketing the illegally parked trucks blocking the Downtown core!!!

The Chief however, stated that Americans have been organizing, funding the protest. Funding illegal or terrorist activities are illegal.

The anti-hate group are documenting some hateful activities and those involved.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/policing-end-ottawa-protest-covid-19-mandates-1.6337563

Nice CBC link. ?

Congratulations.  You are now part of a tyrannical government's propaganda arm.

13 minutes ago, myata said:

About time to turn the tables: Ontario hospitalizations. Are you vaccinated? Oh horror, horror! You have no right to infect me!! Who gave you the right to make us sick!!!

And I don't know if the guys who should ever click for the info because they just keep on with the "you anti-jabbies are infecting poor innocent little me" crab so let's show them so they can stop acting like they've never seen it:

Feb-3-2022.jpg

There's still a problem though, because then they start is with the 'yeah, but 80% are vaccinated' crap so the case percentage should be higher.

We need to remind them it doesn't matter because if that 80% is responsible for twice as many cases and they are as likely to transmit the disease as the unvaccinated there is no pandemic of the unvaccinated. It's an endemic thing in all citizens and if there aren't enough beds they should get more. They should have done it long before the chi-comm hit because there was a shortage of beds and staff back then.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

We need to remind them it doesn't matter because if that 80% is responsible for twice as many cases and they are as likely to transmit the disease as the unvaccinated there is no pandemic of the unvaccinated. It's an endemic thing in all citizens and if there aren't enough beds they should get more. They should have done it long before the chi-comm hit because there was a shortage of beds and staff back then.

It is basically endemic now, but whether or not you're unvaccinated, you still chew up taxpayer dollars when you end up in the ICU and you endanger other people with other medical conditions if the ICU overflows.  The other side of it is if you're more infectious and more likely to spread the virus, you still cause extra problems regardless of whether or not things are endemic.  

The funniest part about your comments is the thought that "we should have just got more ICU beds".  YEah man...absolutely.  You just go on Amazon and buy more beds.  It has nothing to do with staff capacities, hospital space etc.  Just buy some extra Futons for the ICU and everything is fine!

Edited by Moonbox

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

The funniest part about your comments is the thought that "we should have just got more ICU beds".  YEah man...absolutely.  You just go on Amazon and buy more beds.  It has nothing to do with staff capacities, hospital space etc.  Just buy some extra Futons for the ICU and everything is fine!

?

But if enough conservatives point these things out to fellow conservatives then the quality of dialogue will theoretically improve.   

Just to be clear, Conservative Moon Box, you are saying that vaccines save us money because fewer people end up in expensive ICU space.  So if we vaccinate people we don't have to create expensive hospital capacity.

Mind blowing stuff man... 

5 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Just buy some extra Futons for the ICU and everything is fine!

Right such an impossible conundrum given two decades (2002, SARS: we need to improve epidemiological preparedness!) and uncounted public trillions spent (let's fix it for a generation!!).

Betcha nobody has seen a dead body that was actually struck down by this deadly peril. 

Well?

Spanish Flu...they guy next to you on the tram just keeled over. Stone cold dead.

But, remarkably, all the deceased have had the politeness to make it to an ICU first. Or let's be generous...the hospital (in general). Now my learnin' in probability & statistics says that's not possible with the numbers claimed. Your learnin' might differ...lol.

Right?

You'd hit on 19, too, I'd imagine.

Edited by DogOnPorch

48 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Nice CBC link. ?

Congratulations.  You are now part of a tyrannical government's propaganda arm.

Not sure where you come from but this is Canada. We have democracy. We elect our governments through ballet boxes not blocking the roads and illegal actions. We just elected a government whose platform was mandating vaccines. Canadians elected Trudeau government based on that platform. Those who wish to impose their will by force and undemocratic manners upon the nation and the elected government are the forces of evil and tyranny. Get the facts rights. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

16 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

It is basically endemic now, but whether or not you're unvaccinated, you still chew up taxpayer dollars when you end up in the ICU and you endanger other people with other medical conditions if the ICU overflows.  The other side of it is if you're more infectious and more likely to spread the virus, you still cause extra problems regardless of whether or not things are endemic.  

What they call a "vaccine" has some therapeutic use. Or at least it did before Omicron. Good for it. If there wasn't so many adverse affects and possible future dangers (ie damaging of immune systems) that would be a real selling point. 

But the non-compliant  have never been against therapeutics. In fact that's one of pur main complaints, There hasn't been enough emphasis finding medicines, recognizing or using those that might or do exist.

Now as to hospitals, I was in one recently for a non-covid related matter. The emergency beds were lined up in the hall and the waiting room was beyond packed. When I finally got to talk to doctor we discussed the overcrowding. He told me they had been talking about getting a new hospital in a neighboring district for years - long before the Chi-Comm virus hit. The Powers that Be finally agreed to do it but now it looks like what they agreed on years ago is going to be too small.

Edited by Infidel Dog

21 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I think it does illustrate the problem with universal healthcare.  Alberta has what 3 million people but only a few hundred ICU beds at any given time?

13 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Not sure where you come from but this is Canada. We have democracy. We elect our governments through ballet boxes not blocking the roads and illegal actions. We just elected a government whose platform was mandating vaccines. Canadians elected Trudeau government based on that platform. Those who wish to impose their will by force and undemocratic manners upon the nation and the elected government are the forces of evil and tyranny. Get the facts rights. 

I agree the "force" and absolute power of government is tyranny.

5 minutes ago, Faramir said:

I agree the "force" and absolute power of government is tyranny.

Are you referring to a democratically elected government which was elected on a platform. If you answer yes either you have no idea how democracy works or you and your supporters are the real tyrant. It is you and those who wish to change the elected government's mandate.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

"evil and tyranny"???

Did you forget that in Canada we have a constitutional right to peacefully protest? I bet you did not.

So...who's tyrannical here?

Edited by Nationalist

Just now, Nationalist said:

"evil and tyranny"???

Did you forget that in canada we have a constitutional right to peacefully protest? 

Yes to peacefully protest with prior permission and for a limited time. Demanding an elected government to change its mandate on which it was elected by blocking streets and causing chaos is anything but.

2 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes to peacefully protest with prior permission and for a limited time. Demanding an elected government to change its mandate on which it was elected by blocking streets and causing chaos is anything but.

Permission to protest? From the government you're protesting? Any other great ideas?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

We elect our governments through ballet boxes not blocking the roads and illegal actions. We just elected a government whose platform was mandating vaccines. Canadians elected Trudeau government based on that platform. Those who wish to impose their will by force and undemocratic manners upon the nation and the elected government are the forces of evil and tyranny. Get the facts rights. 

Heard this from Trudeau, but if he believes all that voted him in are in favor of vaccine mandates he must be the greatest moron that ever lived!

We don't have 1,000 political parties to vote for , that have all possible combinations of stances on all possible divisive subjects!

I voted for the moron, only because O'Tool was an even bigger moron, not that I am for vaccine mandates.

Edited by cougar

It’s the abuse of booze that causes all kinds of traffic accidents and deaths every year.  Let’s outlaw alcohol because of the innocent lives saved and the reduced stress on the medical system.

Smoking should be outlawed as well, think of all the ICU beds, and such.  Also reduce speed limits by half.  The resulting lives saved and reduced stress on the medical system will be amazing!

What? Trampling on people’s rights?  But the vaccine is diiiiiferent…

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Really?  I don't think you know what you're talking about. 

• Thanks 1