Returning to normal

myata

4 hours ago, myata said:

Discussing with you people any non-trivial issue is sort of bland and pointless.

She gets like that sometimes, when she comes in here on her high horse. Then we all have to listen to her bullshit.

Me, I can only feel pity when a senior citizen dies, but it happens all the time. In fact every person who ever lived, died.

Therefore it is only excess deaths that matter in terms of pandemic.

Everyone else- up we all go.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, myata said:

It's been almost two years of the pandemic. The toll is four times lower and no lockdowns. Try another dance?

You don't just test positive and die, it can take some time to be sick enough to be hospitalized and the average ICU time is 21 days before people leave dead or alive.

How can we talk about a “return to normal” when you’re basically imprisoned by your federal government because of the testing requirements for vaccinated travellers plus the 14 day quarantine for unvaccinated children (including vaccine ineligible under 12’s)?

How can we talk about “return to normal” when vaccinated people must wear masks at work and in recreational settings?

How can we talk about “return to normal” when workers are being made to provide proof of vaccination or negative Covid test results three times a week in order to keep their jobs?

What about the escalating cost of fuel and related food costs?

What about race-based hiring and segregationist “equity” training, providing different education and programs to students on the basis of their skin colour?

How about shutting down resource development?

How about shaming your flag and country?

Trudeau has contempt for Canadians.  He’s returning from Glasgow with big plans to further tax Canadians and restrict their freedom.

There is no return to normal   Put on your mask and stay home, powerless minions.

Edited by Zeitgeist

Seriously though, with that autopilot $400K compensation "travel from Wuhan" style of management, does anybody here still have the ability to observe and notice? Has anybody noticed for example, that the toll per case in the country is a multiple, 3.5 times to 10, of European countries like Finland, Norway, Austria? That in close to two years, the toll per capita in Finland and Norway is dramatically, four and more times lower without a single total shutdown?

Or is there any point anymore in observing and noticing? Is it a one-way train already?

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

One might say Red China was prepared.

They actually said than, and also achieved excellent results in management of the epidemics by shutting down entire regions and total surveillance and enforcement of policies without regard to the "rights", "accountability", "common sense" and other such triffles. Did you say, it reminded you of something?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, myata said:

They actually said than, and also achieved excellent results in management of the epidemics by shutting down entire regions and total surveillance and enforcement of policies without regard to the "rights", "accountability", "common sense" and other such triffles. Did you say, it reminded you of something?

I've never in my life seen a virus become so interested in politics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/3/2021 at 7:18 AM, dialamah said:

My friend's mom died from Covid; caught it from a "freedom-loving" family member who didn't think they needed to get vaccinated.  No hugging mom any more.  I suspect the "freedom loving" relative will be running short of hugs, too.

How did they determine definitively that the mom caught it from a family member who was not vaxxed?

Did she never leave the house?  Never went to the grocery store or pharmacy? Never ate out at a restaurant?  And only ever had contact with that one member of her family?

How did they determine this?

I ask because few places are doing contact tracing anymore. And it's increasing obvious that both vaxxed and unvaxxed spread covid.

There was a nightclub in BC (Blue Grotto? I think) posted on facebook that in spite of checking everyone's vax passes before the show, almost 60 people caught covid that evening - all vaxxed.  There wasn't one unvaxxed person there that they could blame it on.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

Well it was a one in a million opportunity and why wouldn't one take it? And now they like it too! Now we are well into "reopening" according to the news at least, are the obscene $360K plus benefits salaries are going to come down to their "normals" of $200K? Try to guess when it's going to happen (or if).

• Like 1

News story from BC:  Mak Parhar, a flat-earther and Covid-denier, died yesterday.  He was feeling sick with Covid symptoms, but said it wasn't Covid because Covid doesn't exist.  Nonetheless, he took Ivermectin - which begs the question, why would a person who doesn't believe in Covid take a medication that is touted as a cure for Covid?   

Anyway, his death will be investigated by a coroner to determine if he died from Covid, Ivermectin, or something else entirely.  

I suppose, in the spirit in which anti-vaxers dismiss the death of seniors "because they're old and were going to die anyway", I could dismiss Parhar's death because "he was clearly an idiot and too stupid to live."

• Thanks 1

Bingo! Distracting and diverting to scary antivaxxers while the world has reopened (without quotes), new effective treatments are being discovered and introduced and life is returning to normal (elsewhere). Always a smart and useful strategy, with a $400K annual compensation (without slightest relation to the result).

Edited by myata
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, myata said:

Bingo! Distracting and diverting to scary antivaxxers while the world has reopened (without quotes), new effective treatments are being discovered and introduced and life is returning to normal (elsewhere). Always a smart and useful strategy, with a $400K annual compensation (without slightest relation to the result).

What in the world are you on about??   I'm not getting &400K annually.  

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

News story from BC:  Mak Parhar, a flat-earther and Covid-denier, died yesterday.  He was feeling sick with Covid symptoms, but said it wasn't Covid because Covid doesn't exist.  Nonetheless, he took Ivermectin - which begs the question, why would a person who doesn't believe in Covid take a medication that is touted as a cure for Covid?   

Anyway, his death will be investigated by a coroner to determine if he died from Covid, Ivermectin, or something else entirely.  

I suppose, in the spirit in which anti-vaxers dismiss the death of seniors "because they're old and were going to die anyway", I could dismiss Parhar's death because "he was clearly an idiot and too stupid to live."

I agree.  It should be up to individuals as to whether they wish to get vaccinated.  If they choose not to, there could be consequences.  That’s the way it should always be.  That goes for people who decide to drop out of school, so drugs, smoke or eat them selves into obesity.

Edited by Shady

1. There's an effective protection for the vulnerable population that can be taken voluntarily.

2. There's a number of effective, up to 90% treatments for more serious cases of Covid.

3. There's a possibility of smart, technology based improvements in the places of higher risk to automatically prevent spread of infection.

4. There's a possibility that I would support, of enforcing personal responsibility in specific situations where it may affect health and safety of others such as appearing in public without sufficient prevention measures with a known or suspected infection.

Question: what more is needed? Do we need grossly overpaid people managers (forget the disease) telling us what to wear and where to go, on a daily or near basis, for as long as necessary (to who?) indefinitely? Why do we need them? Why do you have to care and be constantly reminded about the Scary Number? Did you know the number of flu and common cold cases two years ago? Are you paying outrageous compensations out of your pocket for a top quality smoothly running system ready for you when you need it? Or for daily prescriptions and reminders where to go? Please pick one because you cannot have both.

4 hours ago, dialamah said:

Care to answer my question above? I am interested in the answer.

How did authorities determine that your friend's mother got covid from that one family member and not from a grocery store, pharmacy, restaurant, or other vaxxed person?

I am sorry that the vax did nothing to protect your friend's mom.

1 hour ago, Shady said:

I agree.  It should be up to individuals as to whether they wish to get vaccinated.  If they choose not to, there could be consequences.  That’s the way it should always be.  That goes for people who decide to drop out of school, so drugs, smoke or eat them selves into obesity.

We still treat high school dropouts, obese people, addicts and smokers, just as we still treat unvaxed Covid sufferers.

The consequences for obese people, addicts and smokers are serious illnesses, early death and shunning from the larger society.  

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Care to answer my question above? I am interested in the answer.

How did authorities determine that your friend's mother got covid from that one family member and not from a grocery store, pharmacy, restaurant, or other vaxxed person?

Should I have quizzed my friend about these details in the midst of her grief?  What a dumb bunch of questions.  If she's satisfied with the conclusions of health care professionals, than so am I.  You have no credibility, my friend has plenty.

And, I don't have to answer you; I don't even see everything that's posted here.  Keep in mind, too, that you regularly hit my ignore list, cause I can only take so much idiocy.

14 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I am sorry that the vax did nothing to protect your friend's mom.

Sure you are, evidenced by your immediate attempt to cast doubt on what her health care team determined.

Oh yeah, the Blue Grotto is in Kamloops and 60 people did not get sick.  Do try harder to provide accurate information.

No you can't just say it and impose it. It worked in the chaotic early days (and in some places) but no more. Please show and prove that with p.p. 1, 2, 3, 4 above implemented correctly plus 5. clear, honest and correct information that was a direct responsibility, mask in a grocery store; restaurant; shopping mall; and similar places is doing anything. Airplane and train, may be though some airlines started lifting these restrictions.

No matter how you call yourself and what hat you put on, you cannot just say it and then impose it. No you have to explain and prove that it's necessary and not in general China some time ago but in this specific environment and situation. If this is still a democracy that is, not some third world authoritarian state.

And until such explanation and evidence is presented we just have to assume that it isn't necessary. It is not necessitated by the situation, there are other instruments and options without imposing blanket restrictions on the population and then why it's still done? Without a meaningful explanation, one is limited to guesses, and mine would be, to propagate the sense of emergency; fear; and blind voiceless and question-less obedience to as grossly overpaid as clueless "travel from Wuhan" gurus. If you know another reason, please do share it.

5 hours ago, dialamah said:

Thought only old people died from this non existent virus.

What will you say if a decade or two from now serious long term effects are found in children vaccinated at young age? Was it necessary? Is it anything like polio or meningitis? How long does reduction in transmission last, serious cases being already extremely rare?

Do we have to guess though? "Oops" "we just thought" and "oh so new". Possibly, a belated apology. Like it would change anything. Like you could do any better. Like could even think to try.

16 minutes ago, myata said:

What will you say if a decade or two from now serious long term effects are found in children vaccinated at young age? Was it necessary? Is it anything like polio or meningitis? How long does reduction in transmission last, serious cases being already extremely rare?

Do we have to guess though? "Oops" "we just thought" and "oh so new". Possibly, a belated apology. Like it would change anything. Like you could do any better. Like could even think to try.

What will you say a decade or two from now if serious long term effects from Covid arise in these children?

That an individual did not know, did not think or chose that way and it would be the end of the story. If on the other hand, a propaganda bandwagon is unleashed consciously and knowingly by certain people in clear understanding that benefits aren't certain and longer term effects not known resulting in adverse effects shouldn't someone be responsible for it (and I don't mean the taxpayer's pocket)?

Edited by myata

6 minutes ago, myata said:

That an individual did not know, did not think or chose that way and it would be the end of the story. If on the other hand, a propaganda bandwagon is unleashed consciously and knowingly by certain people in clear understanding that benefits aren't certain and longer term effects not known resulting in adverse effects shouldn't someone be responsible for it (and I don't mean the taxpayer's pocket)?

The taxpayer will be on the hook either way.