Returning to normal

myata

End all restrictions and vaccine mandates immediately. That’s quite enough trouncing on people’s health privacy and discretion. We’ve got about 90-92% of Canadians aged 12 and up with at least one vaccination and 80-85% fully vaxxed. Clearly the hospitals are quiet. Hospitalization and death rates are low and will likely remain so. The vulnerable age groups can be vaxxed if they want to be vaxxed.  People have had their pay suspended or have been fired en masse.  Nice.  At this point if you’re worried about getting Covid, mask up, wash your hands compulsively, etc.   We’ve lived under 20 months of public health technocratic fascism.  It needs to stop.  Push back or continue to live as slaves.

Edited by Zeitgeist

18 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

End all restrictions and vaccine mandates immediately. That’s quite enough trouncing on people’s health privacy and discretion. We’ve got about 90-92% of Canadians aged 12 and up with at least one vaccination and 80-85% fully vaxxed. Clearly the hospitals are quiet. Hospitalization and death rates are low and will likely remain so. The vulnerable age groups can be vaxxed if they want to be vaxxed.  People have had their pay suspended or have been fired en masse.  Nice.  At this point if you’re worried about getting Covid, mask up, wash your hands compulsively, etc.   We’ve lived under 20 months of public health technocratic fascism.  It needs to stop.  Push back or continue to live as slaves.

I agree but I can tell you at least south of the border the progressives are not even close to being done with COVID.  They are going to beat this horse for as long as possible.  Yeah, Ford has been a big disappointment with his fear mongering in Ontario.  I will confess COVID gives me a little pause now, as the latest strain seems to be hitting healthy men.  A not so close friend of mine has been in hospital for a month and he is in his late 40s, Korean, and very healthy.  

38 minutes ago, Goddess said:

See my post above regarding the many young athletes dropping dead of heart attacks after the vaccine all over the world.

Feel free to search and confirm any of the names given.

Hmmm....As far as I can see the deaths from the vaccine are a very small number.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  I love numbers and tend to ignore "experts" and go with the numbers. 

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Wearing a mask indoors and showing a vaccine passport is hardly like slavery.  Ridiculous comment.  We are still in the pandemic and statistics show there are still lots of deaths every day and new cases.  Lockdowns have been lifted and replaced by more relaxed measures like continued masking and passports for restaurants and gyms.  So what is the problem?  You are not under onerous health guidelines.  Vaccine mandates are necessary to protect the people working and patients in hospitals and care homes.  Nobody should have the right to infect other people if it can be avoided.  Getting rid of these requirements would just cause the number of cases to climb and put innocent people at greater risk of catching it from the people who refuse to get vaccinated.  It is pretty stupid to advocate getting rid of restrictions and mandates.  Those measures are there for the same reason we have speed limits, seat belts, stop signs and forbid drunk driving. Think about others for a change.

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

I agree but I can tell you at least south of the border the progressives are not even close to being done with COVID.  They are going to beat this horse for as long as possible.  Yeah, Ford has been a big disappointment with his fear mongering in Ontario.  I will confess COVID gives me a little pause now, as the latest strain seems to be hitting healthy men.  A not so close friend of mine has been in hospital for a month and he is in his late 40s, Korean, and very healthy.  

Yes, but if that can happen to a fully vaccinated person in a population that’s almost entirely vaccinated, then all we have left, apart from possible future enhancements to treatments, are endless restrictions.  We were never going to eliminate Covid.  All we can do is slow the spread and equip ourselves with antigens so that few people die or require hospitalization.  That’s it.

Under restrictions, workplaces are miserable places.  Employees carry out their duties masked up and distanced, without being able to break bread with colleagues.  Schools are bereft of sports, clubs, and dances, even though the staffs are vaccinated and the students are at low risk of serious illness.  We fail to take into account the psychological and physical effects of these conditions.  We’re not giving any credit to individuals to make their own decisions about how to protect themselves.  Let those who want to mask up or stay home do so.  We don’t all want the same lives, nor should we have to have the same lifestyles.  That’s what freedom is about and I’m not sure we’ll get it back given the level of subservience we’ve come to accept.

Edited by Zeitgeist

50 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Wearing a mask indoors and showing a vaccine passport is hardly like slavery.  Ridiculous comment.  We are still in the pandemic and statistics show there are still lots of deaths every day and new cases.  Lockdowns have been lifted and replaced by more relaxed measures like continued masking and passports for restaurants and gyms.  So what is the problem?  You are not under onerous health guidelines.  Vaccine mandates are necessary to protect the people working and patients in hospitals and care homes.  Nobody should have the right to infect other people if it can be avoided.  Getting rid of these requirements would just cause the number of cases to climb and put innocent people at greater risk of catching it from the people who refuse to get vaccinated.  It is pretty stupid to advocate getting rid of restrictions and mandates.  Those measures are there for the same reason we have speed limits, seat belts, stop signs and forbid drunk driving. Think about others for a change.

Totally disagree.  We got vaccine mandates and restrictions.  I’m sure they’re coming for kids.  If they come, will the masking and restrictions end?  Do you work in a workplace?  How much longer should restrictions be extended?   Offer boosters to those who want them.  I’m sure Covid vaccination will be added to the list of mandatory vaccinations.  Will the restrictions end at that point?   Under your direction I’m sure the answer is no. No thanks.  Not the world we should have to live in.  People who want additional protection beyond vaccination can mask up and take additional precautions.  Those should remain personal choices.  Parents and powers of attorney can make the decisions for children and those who aren’t in a position to make health decisions.  You’ve got the vaccine passports.  You can no longer blame the unvaccinated, who are few and far between and living like untouchable pariahs.

Edited by Zeitgeist

What everyone around the masking question doesn't seem to understand is that anything short of a proper N95 (as in NIOSH approved) leaks like a sieve around the bridge of the nose.  That dramatically increases the air velocity exhaling (note the frosted glasses on anyone in cold air) and aspirates the very fine droplets that for an infected person WILL contain virus.  The ONLY thing a mask will do is to protect others from a massive lugie being horked up by the wearer (sneezing, for instance) but it makes micro particle aspiration into the surrounding space a LOT worse.  The big drops a mask will catch would have settled quickly, but micro-droplets can stay airborne for hours.  Not a big deal out-of-doors where sun's UV will kill bacteria quickly and it will disperse rapidly in even the lightest breeze, but a REAL problem indoors.

Having a bit of experience with how surveys are done, my fear is by asking only the questions that will get the answers you want those mask camp peddling the idiotic notion that a piece of paper or cloth with HUGE leakage is somehow going to save you from infection promotes their agenda that results in people being in close contact indoors in a much higher risk scenario than actual science would or could ever approve.

For those who think they are losing their freedoms or that the Covid restrictions are onerous, be prepared.  This W5 CTV program is predicting another pandemic and it could come from anywhere and be worse than the Covid pandemic.

Best you read the Bible and make sure you have salvation.  Only Jesus Christ saves.  Believe the Bible.  Ultimately the Bible, God and Jesus are the ultimate answer because the pandemic could take your life.  And then what?  

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=w5+episodes&refig=7cbd79aaff5a4dd2955a144953b45fe4&sp=2&qs=LS&pq=w5&sk=LS1&sc=8-2&cvid=7cbd79aaff5a4dd2955a144953b45fe4&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3dw5%2bepisodes%26form%3dANNTH1%26refig%3d7cbd79aaff5a4dd2955a144953b45fe4%26sp%3d2%26qs%3dLS%26pq%3dw5%26sk%3dLS1%26sc%3d8-2%26cvid%3d7cbd79aaff5a4dd2955a144953b45fe4&view=detail&mmscn=vwrc&mid=A589A986707C958D27E2A589A986707C958D27E2&FORM=WRVORC

In the meanwhile, the inflation is hitting 30-year high. That pandemic party is going to get way more expensive, and to the public pocket too. Housing, tuition, groceries you name it. MP is getting automatic annual raise. Again, it's not when we emerge from this affair but how and who (we will be).

Also can I suggest, at least here, to stop calling these "vaccines"? Just not using words like "vaccine, vaccination" in this context, period. All vaccines that I know of so far: 1) had a long period of protection, with a finite and small number of boosters over years; 2) had full or significant protection against infection and transmission, for a long time or even lifetime and 3) exposed immune system to natural infection, similar to an experience of encountering it in the world, as opposed to engineered instructions.

Each of these reasons is sufficient enough to make the distinction and all three together make it absolutely necessary, unless used with carelessness, confusion or for deliberate manipulation. I propose "preventative immune treatment with limited duration".

• Thanks 1

In America the CDC simply changed the definition of Vaccine:

"

Before the change, the definition for “vaccination” read, “the act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.” Now, the word “immunity” has been switched to “protection.”

The term “vaccine” also got a makeover. The CDC’s definition changed from “a product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease” to the current “a preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article254111268.html#storylink=cpy

They have some BS excuses for why they did it but like I said...BS.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Of course, in this brave new world changing a few words changes the essence and everything. Back to the 1984, together?

Edited by myata

19 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Boges needs a number for his diversionary trip down the Obesity rabbit hole. Very well, try this one from May.

"

The Public Health Agency of Canada lists people with severe obesity, or a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher, as among those at risk of more severe disease or outcomes from COVID-19.

Around the world, numerous studies have shown that people with obesity face a greater risk of severe illness from COVID-19, with one meta-analysis suggesting that individuals with obesity face a 113 per cent increased risk of hospitalization and 48 per cent increase in death."

https://globalnews.ca/news/7701619/canada-obesity-covid-19-vaccine-priority/

And here's an interesting opinion from some site I'm not familiar with:

"

It has been known since this pandemic began that there was a link between obesity and death from this virus. However, new studies show how strong that connection is. While we always knew that the elderly with comorbidities are at much greater risk of hospitalization and death, we now understand that one of their lethal comorbidities is almost always obesity.

Most people of all ages who died from COVID-19 were overweight. These studies show that nations that do not have our obesity problem have as little as 1/10th the death rate. In essence, thin countries had no pandemic—only a normal flu year. Ours was really an obesity epidemic."

https://fcpp.org/2021/04/19/covid-is-really-an-obesity-epidemic/

That's a helpful analysis. 

I agree that someone with a BMI over 40 is likely quite unhealthy across the board and would not fare well with COVID. 

16 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

"

Before the change, the definition for “vaccination” read, “the act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.” Now, the word “immunity” has been switched to “protection.”

The term “vaccine” also got a makeover. The CDC’s definition changed from “a product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease” to the current “a preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article254111268.html#storylink=cpy

Semantics? 

im·mu·ni·ty
/iˈmyo͞onədē/
noun
  1. the ability of an organism to resist a particular infection or toxin by the action of specific antibodies or sensitized white blood cells.
    "immunity to typhoid seems to have increased spontaneously"

Similar:

susceptibility to
    • protection or exemption from something, especially an obligation or penalty.
      plural noun: immunities

•  

1 hour ago, myata said:

In the meanwhile, the inflation is hitting 30-year high. That pandemic party is going to get way more expensive, and to the public pocket too. Housing, tuition, groceries you name it. MP is getting automatic annual raise. Again, it's not when we emerge from this affair but how and who (we will be).

I think everyone should be getting a raise. 

Inflation is a real problem right now. The supply chain didn't not expect the surge in demand to rebound so quickly in the midst of the pandemic. 

19 hours ago, taxme said:

Just go take your booster shot or two and leave the rest of us anti-maskers alone. It's my body and not yours to play with.  If you want to wear a mask the rest of your peasantry life then do so. It's obvious that you have never looked in a mirror and see just how stupid and ridiculous you look wearing a mask. Masks are a sign of submission and obedience to your power hungry communist politicians. 

I have watched plenty of videos where our dear comrade leaders were seen not wearing a mask indoors at some political or other event going on. It's time for you to get your nose out of some lying politicians butt and start to see the joke in mask wearing today. It is very unhealthy to be wearing a mask especially for those who are forced to wear a mask at work for eight hours. They could end up with respiratory problems in months or years to come. 

Yup, you sure do appear to be just one of those boring Canadians who will do whatever their dear comrade leaders tell them to do. This is why we are still being forced to wear masks today. Peasants like you just keep going along to get along instead of saying enough already. I want my old normal life back. Of course with people like you, I have to wonder as to whether you really ever had a life at all, comrade? Just saying. ?

lol  masks a sign of subission and obedience..  damn you have authority issues buddy..  mommy and daddy didn't treat you well i take it.