Returning to normal

myata

6 hours ago, myata said:

A bureaucrat would not stop unless someone or something draws a line for them. For the Doctor 400 cases in a 15 million population is "too much". Why? How? Where is the measure and the line? No answer. He just happens to think so. And then, tomorrow you'll wake up to the new restrictions. How is it different from 1984 in essence if not the letter?

True.  Social media amplifies the impact of outlier paranoid doctors and other positions.  One rare case of the death of a healthy person due to Covid becomes the excuse to remove freedoms and gut the economy.  Again though, our population is increasingly pacified and unwilling or unable to push back.  We think that rights are expendable for a fake notion of health purity that is being peddled to us by pharmaceutical companies and health technocrats.   Human rights simply don’t count, even when the public health risks of death and hospitalization are low.  There isn’t much preventing suspension of rights and slavery.  

16 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Actually, what I've stated is VAERS and it's equivalent in other nations are as, or more credible than covid infection stats that rely on covid "with" stats. Those rely on comorbidities rather than simple covid "from" stats which would be stats that show purely covid infections. The latter don't exist but they estimate covid alone stats would be about 10% of the exaggerated "covid with" stat they give.

Actually you are correct that VAERS might be less reliable than those "Covid with" stats that include comorbidities. 

But you won't like why.

They estimate unreported VAERS incidents might be as high 100 times more.

BTW, did you know it takes at least a half hour to make out a VAERS report and making a fake VAERS report is punishable by a fine and possible jail time? So if you want to suggest those reports are fake who do you suggest is making them?

VAERS doesn't report a causal link. 

When you have 150 million+ people taking two doses of a vaccine in a matter of a few months, many being in a vulnerable group, the statistical chances some will die of natural causes is an almost certainty. It doesn't mean the vaccine caused the death. 

Edited by Boges

People falling of a ladder or getting hit by a car or for that matter even cancer, or a heart attack doesn't mean the covid caused the death. But there are cases of such things being registered as covid deaths. If an obese person with diabetes and a heart condition dies and they test the corpse to discover he's also covid infected did he die of covid?

In such cases all you can do is get the stats listen to the cases and the incidentals then you decide what makes the most sense to you.

I've done it. How about you? Want some help with the adverse reactions side? I've got some good testimonials from doctors, nurses, and patients.

5 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

People falling of a ladder or getting hit by a car or for that matter even cancer, or a heart attack doesn't mean the covid caused the death. But there are cases of such things being registered as covid deaths. If an obese person with diabetes and a heart condition dies and they test the corpse to discover he's also covid infected did he die of covid?

And that's wrong, if that's what's happening. I know, in Ontario, each death is investigated. They aren't looking to pad their stats. It's Hospitalizations that's the main metric anyway. Deaths has never been as significant as in the US. 

In such cases all you can do is get the stats listen to the cases and the incidentals then you decide what makes the most sense to you.

Well in my previous post I noted that Ontario has found 7 deaths that are questionable. 3 were proven not related to the vaccine. 

1 minute ago, Infidel Dog said:

And I've read that only about 10 percent of covid deaths don't include comorbidities.

I've also read about untrustworthy tests for covid.

I'm sure you've read a lot. 

The loose definition of Co-morbidities is something to note. Lots of normal people have comorbidities. 

Comorbidities are a big problem in the US. More poverty, less access to healthy food, a Darwinian approach to preventative health care. 

In the early parts of the pandemic it was obvious that COVID deaths would be a much bigger problem in the US. 

Canada still has less than half the COVID deaths per capital than the US. 

Edited by Boges

Speaking of things I've read...I'll bet you've read this one too.

I can't remember the actual percentage but I know it 's big, in fact I'll just say "most" until you prove me wrong. Most North American fatalities for covid are Obese. They need a mandate against them, I think. They're infecting us. Make them carry a card. Build a camp.

10 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Tam states that come winter, Canada is looking to adjust it's vaccine mandate from considering 2 jabs as "fully vaccinated" to 3 jabs to be "fully vaccinated."

Seriously, where is the surprise? Even before quasi vaccines were released it was known very well that their protection wouldn't last very long or even reasonably long, like several years. And no one, not an elected representative, experts or journalist, civil society etc asked themselves (aloud) an obvious question: OK, great. So what's the exit plan here?

Nobody around, vacuum? Sure. And then "travel from Wuhan" exsperts will have free hand to rule however they see it, "for common good" and indefinitely. Sure with $400K salaries and taxable benefits in a just over $30K median income society harassed by arbitrary restrictions and lockdowns. Like it hasn't happened so many times over in the history. Like it comes as any surprise.

2 hours ago, Boges said:

In the early parts of the pandemic it was obvious that COVID deaths would be a much bigger problem in the US. 

Canada still has less than have the COVID deaths per capital than the US. 

Is this why Canada still hasn't developed and manufactured an approved COVID-19 vaccine....complacency with just being lower than the U.S. ?

31 minutes ago, myata said:

With no accountability; oversight; and recourse Canada now has to be officially recognized as a health-authoritarian state. Well, that was easy.

With all the Covid deniers, anti-maskers, anti-mandate people, I can see why we need government regulations and enforcement.  Sadly a prominent well-known Covid denier in the Vancouver area recently died likely of Covid, although he denied it up to the end.  There have been lots of anti-mandate and Covid deniers who were converted on their death bed and admitted they were wrong.  There have also been other deniers who went to their grave denying Covid and opposing mandates.  A strange world we live in.  The large number of deniers does go to prove why we need government and health authorities intervention.  Without them far more of us would be dead.  It would be like the black plague in Europe in the middle ages that killed 1/3 or 1/2 of Europe.  There was no health authority or government with the knowledge to do anything about it.

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

With all the Covid deniers, anti-maskers, anti-mandate people, I can see why we need government regulations and enforcement. 

Sure, and Russia, China and North Korea all have great government enforcements. I heard there's a country Tajikistan where Covid does not exist officially. Great enforcement does that, you know.

7 minutes ago, myata said:

Sure, and Russia, China and North Korea all have great government enforcements. I heard there's a country Tajikistan where Covid does not exist officially. Great enforcement does that, you know.

Your problem seems to be you look at everything is either black or white, when in fact the world is a complex place.  Government control or intervention to save lives and protect the health of society has never been considered as authoritarian as Russia, China, or N. Korea.  Nobody stops you from writing and saying what you want in this country, but if you lived in China or N. Korea you would be very careful what you say or you would keep quiet.  In N. Korea you must also dress a certain way and are not allowed to dress in a way the government does not approve of.  You are not free to do much other than what the Communist government approves of.  You must worship the dear leader. 

Here, even though you are required to show a vaccine passport to get into a restaurant, you have choices.   You can get vaccinated which is a simple thing and only takes a few minutes or you can refuse and you can get take out food.  Wearing a mask to protect others inside buildings or crowded areas is not an infringement of rights.  It's a minor inconvenience similar to wearing a seatbelt of obeying the traffic lights or speed limits. 

You can worship what you want, watch whatever kind of movies you want, read what you want and dress how you want.   All of that is controlled or not allowed in China or N. Korea.  So I don't see any comparison with Canada or the west.  So I think you should do some studying and increase your knowledge of the real world.

2 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Speaking of things I've read...I'll bet you've read this one too.

I can't remember the actual percentage but I know it 's big, in fact I'll just say "most" until you prove me wrong. Most North American fatalities for covid are Obese. They need a mandate against them, I think. They're infecting us. Make them carry a card. Build a camp.

What definition of obese are you working on? 

22 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Your problem seems to be you look at everything is either black or white, when in fact the world is a complex place. 

No, don't reflect your own problem. An enforcement is not just a word. There is enforcement and enforcement including, dictatorial, authoritarian and democratic ones. And the latter one presumes and requires of any authority accountability, oversight and recourse to prevent wrong and harmful decisions. And this is clearly not the case, here at least. Question closed.

This of course directly relates to the well known issue of authority vs accountability. A dictator can write themselves any laws endowing them with any powers. That does not mean that they are seen as legitimate by the society. Without accountability in real, ongoing and demonstrable way a government moves to authoritarianism no matter formal ornaments and justifications.

Edited by myata

2 hours ago, myata said:

No, don't reflect your own problem. An enforcement is not just a word. There is enforcement and enforcement including, dictatorial, authoritarian and democratic ones. And the latter one presumes and requires of any authority accountability, oversight and recourse to prevent wrong and harmful decisions. And this is clearly not the case, here at least. Question closed.

This of course directly relates to the well known issue of authority vs accountability. A dictator can write themselves any laws endowing them with any powers. That does not mean that they are seen as legitimate by the society. Without accountability in real, ongoing and demonstrable way a government moves to authoritarianism no matter formal ornaments and justifications.

"A Canadian man has died two weeks after he boasted about having Covid-19 symptoms while insisting the virus isn’t real in a livestreamed video.

Mak Parhar was found dead by paramedics at his home in New Westminster, British Columbia, on Thursday morning. His cause of death is still under investigation, Global News reported.

Mr Parhar, who was an outspoken opponent of Canada’s mask and vaccine mandates throughout the pandemic, dismissed the existence of Covid-19 — which he referred to as “convid” — in an October 21 Twitch livestream.

He reported experiencing several symptoms associated with the virus, including a cough, chills and fatigue, but said they were “not convid because convid doesn’t exist”.

In another video posted on Wednesday, just hours before his death, Mr Parhar said he was feeling better and revealed he had recently taken ivermectin, an anti-parasite medication that has been promoted in conservative circles as a treatment for Covid-19 despite a lack of conclusive evidence that it helps people with the virus."

Man dies two weeks after sharing video boasting about Covid-19 symptoms but saying virus wasn’t real (msn.com)

Very tragic.  Sounds like someone you would agree with.

In vaccine-wary Latvia, bodies pile up in hospital morgue (msn.com)

image.png

Edited by blackbird

3 hours ago, Boges said:

What definition of obese are you working on? 

Doesn't matter. That wasn't the point anyway. The point is if we're going to disregard adverse reaction stats because it might not have been the vaccine that killed or harmed the patient but some pre-existing condition. we need to disregard covid stats where pre-existing conditions such as obesity, diabetes or heart problems may have been a factor.

An interesting one just happened in Germany:

12-Year-Old Child Dies Two Days After Taking Pfizer Vaccine in Germany – Officials Pull Back on Mandatory Shots for Children

In that case this was also a factor:

According to a report from the Paul Ehrlich Institute (PEI) in Langen (Hesse), the child had serious previous illnesses, including a cardiovascular before taking the vaccine.

It's interesting because the German press is suggesting now, that a kid should only be vaccinated by his family doctor and only in cases where there are no pre-existing conditions.

If deaths by infections had to meet that standard (no pre-existing conditions as confirmed by a family doctor) the covid stats would take a beating. They wouldn't be able to scare anybody with those stats. We wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

If deaths by infections had to meet that standard (no pre-existing conditions as confirmed by a family doctor) the covid stats would take a beating. They wouldn't be able to scare anybody with those stats. We wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Again you're talking about the US. Where co-morbidities are a big problem. 

But you're basically creating a scenario where if someone dies of COVID but has a BMI of 30 or has a chronic disease, it shouldn't be considered a COVID death. That's ridiculous. 

21 hours ago, blackbird said:

With all the Covid deniers, anti-maskers, anti-mandate people, I can see why we need government regulations and enforcement.  Sadly a prominent well-known Covid denier in the Vancouver area recently died likely of Covid, although he denied it up to the end.  There have been lots of anti-mandate and Covid deniers who were converted on their death bed and admitted they were wrong.  There have also been other deniers who went to their grave denying Covid and opposing mandates.  A strange world we live in.  The large number of deniers does go to prove why we need government and health authorities intervention.  Without them far more of us would be dead.  It would be like the black plague in Europe in the middle ages that killed 1/3 or 1/2 of Europe.  There was no health authority or government with the knowledge to do anything about it.

Complete and utter nonsense.  The plague was far deadlier.  Covid has a survival rate of 99.5+ per cent.  It's almost exclusively deadly to older people with comorbidities.  That's why the average age of a covid death in Ontario is 83.  

• Like 1

Two years on (end of next month) there's no clearly communicated exit strategy neither a plan to get there. No one seems to even be interested. So, what does it mean?

Can the status quo of unelected and often anonymous bureaucrats making arbitrary rules (yes the record of arbitrary not supported or not articulated by the evidence rules and policies is long, frequent and growing) and restricting life and rights of the citizens continue "for as long as necessary" the synonym of "indefinitely"? Would it still be a democracy?

The answer is clear: no, it is not. A democratic governance requires transparency; accountability; checks and oversight; and recourse. Exceptions to that rule in my personal opinion should not be allowed ever, in any situation and under any premise, and certainly not prolonged and continued indefinitely. This is plain authoritarianism however decorated, "health" or "security" garlands I couldn't care less.

And if we look the other way, wouldn't notice and pretend that things are just as they were, or almost? Then it's either brain dead or dishonest. And this is no news either. Sleeping citizens is a straight and paved road to authoritarianism. Either way, by hook or crook or long twisting and stretching of democratic rules and procedures, the road ends in authoritarianism, unless the democracy is constantly and unconditionally upheld, protected, maintained and renewed. This is known very well and tried so many times in history. We will not get any pleasant surprises from here.

Edited by myata

2 hours ago, Shady said:

Complete and utter nonsense.  The plague was far deadlier.  Covid has a survival rate of 99.5+ per cent.  It's almost exclusively deadly to older people with comorbidities.  That's why the average age of a covid death in Ontario is 83.  

There have also been lots of younger people who died from Covid and others who suffer from long term medical problems.  But who cares?  Why bother protecting the elderly or anyone else?

28 minutes ago, blackbird said:

There have also been lots of younger people who died from Covid and others who suffer from long term medical problems.  But who cares?  Why bother protecting the elderly or anyone else?

There haven’t been lots, whatever lots qualifies as.  Regardless, younger people die from the flu every year, but it just doesn’t make the news.    I’m for anyone that wants the vaccine to get it.  I’m for vaccinating the elderly and high risk.  I’m not for vaccinating children.  The mortality rate for covid in children is lower than the flu.  Stop ignoring the science.  Stop using emotion rather than logic and reason.