Is Doug Ford handling the Covid 19 outbreak good?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 minutes ago, myata said:

What about the places of higher risk that were the cause of the special designation in the first place? I hope someone knows

The post and link above were prelude to this info from today.

Peel's top doctor warns 'potential 4th wave' of COVID-19 brewing due to delta variant

“The delta variant of concern, first identified in India, continues to threaten a potential fourth wave of the pandemic in at least one especially hard-hit area of the province.”

I trust that is clear, and everyone knows what it means.

14 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

“A new analysis of postal code and vaccination data in Toronto suggests that the city's hardest-hit neighbourhoods have not been getting COVID-19 vaccines at the same rate as higher-income areas that have seen much lower rates of the virus.”

Toronto's COVID-19 vaccine rollout slower in low-income, hardest hit areas, data suggests

I trust we’re all clear on that, and know exactly what it means.

That's a really old article. 

Published before the lockdowns. I subsequent push has been made to get vaccination. We've moved on to the point people can get their second doses now. 

13 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

The post and link above were prelude to this info from today.

Peel's top doctor warns 'potential 4th wave' of COVID-19 brewing due to delta variant

“The delta variant of concern, first identified in India, continues to threaten a potential fourth wave of the pandemic in at least one especially hard-hit area of the province.”

I trust that is clear, and everyone knows what it means.

It means that people shouldn't be acting like everything is normal quite yet. Get your second dose ASAP. 

The UK is seeing a spike in cases even though they have a good vaccination rate. 

26 minutes ago, Boges said:

It means that people shouldn't be acting like everything is normal quite yet. Get your second dose ASAP. 

The UK is seeing a spike in cases even though they have a good vaccination rate. 

I think you're not drilling down deep enough. Keep thinking about it.

The "delta" variant was formerly known as the Indian variant. You might recall what was going on there just a couple of months ago. The article from April is prelude to substantiate my claim that the delta variant is breaking out in Indian communities in Toronto and Peel, and also among other visible minorities. The articles show there is more vaccine hesitancy in these communities. Sorry, "delta variant", and "area codes", to help whitewash the wording for you. Whitewash, heheheh.

So based on our current plans if a fourth wave breaks out in Toronto and Peel, the rest of the province may remain in shutdown. That is how the current plan works.

Now that things are opening up in a few days the more infectious "delta" variant will spread throughout the province. And the way we are set up with the computerized virus polling booths, we will know about it instantly, and react in knee-jerk fashion accordingly.

It means kids in remote small towns where they have never seen a single case will finish their school year at home because of people in Brampton.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

I think you're not drilling down deep enough. Keep thinking about it.

The "delta" variant was formerly known as the Indian variant. You might recall what was going on there just a couple of months ago. The article from April is prelude to substantiate my claim that the delta variant is breaking out in Indian communities in Toronto and Peel, and also among other visible minorities. The articles show there is more vaccine hesitancy in these communities. Sorry, "delta variant", and "area codes", to help whitewash the wording for you. Whitewash, heheheh.

So based on our current plans if a fourth wave breaks out in Toronto and Peel, the rest of the province may remain in shutdown. That is how the current plan works.

Now that things are opening up in a few days the more infectious "delta" variant will spread throughout the province. And the way we are set up with the computerized virus polling booths, we will know about it instantly, and react in knee-jerk fashion accordingly.

It means kids in remote small towns where they have never seen a single case will finish their school year at home because of people in Brampton.

That would certainly suck. 

But the first-dose vaccination rate in these areas has been pretty good. 

The people in Peel want priority again for second doses. Why are we still prioritizing age groups? We should actually be prioritizing younger people at this point. 

1 hour ago, Boges said:

But the first-dose vaccination rate in these areas has been pretty good.

Please cite. Here is my counter-cite already-

Vaccine hesitancy raises alarms as COVID-19′s highly contagious Delta variant spreads in Brampton

Published June 7, 2021

"This month, a team of researchers launched the COVID CommUNITY-South Asian study, a federally funded project that will investigate both vaccine effectiveness and hesitancy in South Asian communities. In Peel, 55 per cent of infections have been among South Asians, though they make up 32 per cent of the population. The team hopes to recruit 1,500 vaccinated and 1,500 unvaccinated participants in the Vancouver and Toronto areas – including Brampton."

I hope it is not too old a news for you, Boges.

Peel is well inline with national averages. 

https://www.toronto.com/news-story/10315583-tracking-the-covid-vaccine-rollout-in-peel-region/

When you look globally. No major nation has exceeded 75% first dose vaccination amongst the eligible population. Even in Israel which is the global leader amongst major nations. Note: Canada will soon pass Israel. 

Seems there are just 20% of any population that just won't get a COVID-19 vaccination. 

15 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Please cite. Here is my counter-cite already-

Vaccine hesitancy raises alarms as COVID-19′s highly contagious Delta variant spreads in Brampton

Published June 7, 2021

"This month, a team of researchers launched the COVID CommUNITY-South Asian study, a federally funded project that will investigate both vaccine effectiveness and hesitancy in South Asian communities. In Peel, 55 per cent of infections have been among South Asians, though they make up 32 per cent of the population. The team hopes to recruit 1,500 vaccinated and 1,500 unvaccinated participants in the Vancouver and Toronto areas – including Brampton."

I hope it is not too old a news for you, Boges.

From your article: 

With so few appointments booked in recent weeks at her clinic, her team has had time to canvass local gurdwaras, temples and supermarkets to draw people in, and they’ve learned why so many are still without first doses. There are the long-haul truckers who are only at home one day a week and have had difficulty finding an appointment, there are home-bound seniors who are unable to drive themselves to a clinic, there are warehouse workers whose schedules are too unpredictable to book an appointment weeks ahead of time, there are international students who mistakenly believe they must pay to get a vaccine.

The reason they're at a greater risk of getting COVID-19 is also a reason why many haven't gotten the vaccine. 

- Work Schedules
- Transportation
- Being misinformed that it's FREE. 

The province is releasing new projections today.  Apparently their old projections had daily cases below 500 by mid July.  Now they’re saying we’re a month or so ahead of schedule.  It will be interesting to see what the new projections are.

On 6/8/2021 at 1:26 PM, Dougie93 said:

I submit to the martial law of the Crown by free holding the land owned here by Elizabeth Windsor

it's a business transaction really, I take the profits from the free hold, in return for paying taxes & obeying the laws

thing is, I am of the wealthy lockdown class, I live amongst the elites who benefit from it, I profit from it as well

so it's no skin off my teeth, happy to kick back on my luxurious property for the staycation, indefinitely

if at some point it became a burden, I'd probably move to Florida

but so far so good, the pandemic hasn't crimped my style, it's been a boon in fact

Well lucky for you, hotshot. You remind me of one of those 9 brand new billionaires, maybe more now, that have made huge profits at the expense of all of those stupid mask hole fools out there who were stupid enough in the first place to have gone along with this Convid 1984 hoax. Sadly, many people have lost their businesses.  Many people have committed suicide. Society has a whole have suffered immensely since this hoax scamdemic started.  The only people that have done well in this scamdemic were politicians, globalists, big pharma and you. 

The forced wearing of masks, social distancing, lock downs and quarantines were all just one big joke being played on the stupid sheeple who went along with this big Convid lie and hoax. Maybe you are quite happy to live with the situation and that is sad for you. Many are still being forced to live with this Convid bull shit today. 

Maybe one day soon we the non vaccinated smart ones may have to move to Florida or Texas to get back the freedoms and the sanity that we lost thanks to people like you who appears to care less about others. Thanks to the con Covid job,

Canada has pretty much now become a communist country where our dear comrade leaders have become dictators and where travel has been pretty much suspended. We may now have to get vaccinated just to be able to travel. What a sham. This is not the freedom loving Canada that I grew up in anymore. This is communist like tyranny at it's best going on in Canada today. Mao and Stalin would be proud of communist Canada today. 

It's been a boon for people like you and the globalists and our welfare bum politicians alright who seems to have profit from this scamdemic. While you say that you have benefited from this Covid hoax, where so many people have lost their jobs and lively hoods, you show no shame. Your the type of person that I despise so much. Your attitude is that it is all about me-me-me. You should move to states like California or New York where you can benefit even more by moving to those communist like states. You would fit right in, comrade. LOL.  

1 hour ago, Shady said:

The province is releasing new projections today.  Apparently their old projections had daily cases below 500 by mid July.  Now they’re saying we’re a month or so ahead of schedule.  It will be interesting to see what the new projections are.

Has anyone seen how & what "the projections" are made with? One day its 18,000 the next under 500. What is the projection for mid October, let's put it down and see. Unless it's a daily finger in the sky.

2 hours ago, Shady said:

It looks like the Delta Variant won't likely lead to a fourth wave. 

I always found that messaging fear-mongering. 

People in "Hot Zones" will be able to book second doses starting next week. 

On 6/10/2021 at 1:36 PM, Boges said:

It looks like the Delta Variant won't likely lead to a fourth wave. 

I always found that messaging fear-mongering. 

People in "Hot Zones" will be able to book second doses starting next week. 

Gesus, just how many more Covid variants are out there anyway? Every few months we hear about another new Covid variant dropping by. Will this Covid bull shit ever end? I guess not as long as our dear Marxist leaders can keep them a coming. 

So, when are we finally going to get our own Canada Covid variant? I am getting fed up with waiting for our own Covid Canada variant. Just wondering. :D

On 6/12/2021 at 4:14 PM, taxme said:

Gesus, just how many more Covid variants are out there anyway? Every few months we hear about another new Covid variant dropping by. Will this Covid bull shit ever end? I guess not as long as our dear Marxist leaders can keep them a coming. 

That's how viruses work. 

Ontario is sucking and blowing with this AZ first dose guidance. 

Don't say that the Delta Variant is only 30-50% protection and then say getting the second dose less than 12 weeks from the first dose is something you need to sign a waiver for. 

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/astrazeneca-second-dose-should-i-get-it-again-or-choose-pfizer-or-moderna-vaccine

On 6/12/2021 at 4:14 PM, taxme said:

So, when are we finally going to get our own Canada Covid variant? I am getting fed up with waiting for our own Covid Canada variant. Just wondering. :D

Sorry to say that, but looks like we're getting used to it. Delta variant is making waves in the UK despite early success in vaccination cases are up 50%. Cases go above 500 in Ontario (Heavens forbid), what do we do, you got it knee jerk another lockdown. Like we know anything else. Like learned anything new. And then ...

15 hours ago, myata said:

Sorry to say that, but looks like we're getting used to it. Delta variant is making waves in the UK despite early success in vaccination cases are up 50%. Cases go above 500 in Ontario (Heavens forbid), what do we do, you got it knee jerk another lockdown. Like we know anything else. Like learned anything new. And then ...

What's the kneejerk lockdown? We've entered Stage 1 and we won't know if it will cause a spike for a week or two. Which is why they've pledged to spread these stage out by a 21 days. 

32 minutes ago, Boges said:

What's the kneejerk lockdown? We've entered Stage 1 and we won't know if it will cause a spike for a week or two. Which is why they've pledged to spread these stage out by a 21 days. 

Society-wide lockdowns aren't most effective tools in the management of a complex problem like this epidemics. They are more of band-aid and knee-jerk, in the absence of better solutions, smarter, more intelligent and more effective. Yes the examples are out there. But if the hammer is the only instrument one knows all problems just have to be nails.

Edited by myata

1 hour ago, myata said:

Society-wide lockdowns aren't most effective tools in the management of a complex problem like this epidemics. They are more of band-aid and knee-jerk, in the absence of better solutions, smarter, more intelligent and more effective. Yes the examples are out there. But if the hammer is the only instrument one knows all problems just have to be nails.

Lockdown is also a very subjective term. 

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Lockdown is also a very subjective term. 

Exactly. There are known instances where effective communication with the public and limiting spread of the infection could be achieved without locking the society and damaging the economy.

Just now, myata said:

Exactly. There are known instances where effective communication with the public and limiting spread of the infection could be achieved without locking the society and damaging the economy.

You'd have to cite a few for proper apples to apples analysis.