Is Doug Ford handling the Covid 19 outbreak good?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

But when variants hit, it was the young people working front-line essential jobs in densely populated areas that led to the spread. The ICUs were filling up with younger working people and not old people in LTC homes. 

What I recall is hearing warning that the new variants are "more contagious and more deadly". In my past training I recall that the general trend in mutation is, more infections less deadly. So I doubted this. Looking at the data, it's clearly not true.

Another example is the crazy graph trotted out by Dr. Tam a few weeks ago. Remember the one that went rocketing off-scale on the chart? When did that ever happen? Not even close. The trend was the opposite.

When government tells fabricated stories repeatedly I lose confidence in their lies. then I go back to what I learned by real medical experts, not bureaucrats.

Variants could spark resurgence even under current health measures: modelling

image.jpg

All bullshit.

Just now, OftenWrong said:

What I recall is hearing warning that the new variants are "more contagious and more deadly". In my past training I recall that the general trend in mutation is, more infections less deadly. So I doubted this. Looking at the data, it's clearly not true.

Another example is the crazy graph trotted out by Dr. Tam a few weeks ago. Remember the one that went rocketing off-scale on the chart? When did that ever happen? Not even close. The trend was the opposite.

When government tells fabricated stories repeatedly I lose confidence in their lies. then I go back to what I learned by real medical experts, not bureaucrats.

Variants could spark resurgence even under current health measures: modelling

image.jpg

All bullshit

The Variants did cause caseloads and hospitalizations not seen, at any point, during the Pandemic for Ontario. And we've been in a "lockdown" since April. 

I concede no one's really enforcing the lockdown but it's still the government's position. 

People credit Quebec with getting through the campaign. They've had curfews for a good chunk of this pandemic. People couldn't be on the street if they didn't have a reason. 

It's seems Ontario's biggest sin was not being all in on one side or the other. 

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

That is my point. We paid the price for a lockdown that mainly caused pain and did little else.

Look, I'm an educated man like many Canadians. I can figure out when I'm being bullshitted upon. I can easily learn the proper techniques that give benefit and minimize other harms, like most Canadians.

What I don't need some government idiot who actually knows very little about public health and its impact, telling me carte-blanche orders I must follow.

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

I concede no one's really enforcing the lockdown but it's still the government's position. 

They are incapable of this level of leadership, and should be stripped of these powers right away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boges said:

The job was not to dictate and manage the public. The job was to manage the epidemics effectively and efficiently without serious, big inconvenience and disruption to the public. This is not the same job; and many peer countries managed just that, so there's no excuse for this failure of duty and responsibility.

The trick of pretending that it's all and the same is cheap, silly and hardly convincing. The show is mostly for the actors themselves, the public could see through it and all but ignore pointless directives. But informed and engaged citizens have the responsibility to do more: this sort of mediocre, persistently underachieving performance clearly not acceptable for the country and its future.

Edited by myata

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I have no doubt that what we did in Ontario, lockdowns had only a minimal benefit. One piece of evidence is the third wave.

When you go outside you see there is no quarantine or stay-at-home order being followed. Yet businesses remain shuttered. They should have been allowed to remain open, to minimize the economic damage and would have had little to no effect on the "quarantine".

But of course, the job was to actually manage the epidemics, and communicate with public, not the other way around. In the Northern Europe, as I understand, the restaurants and schools did not close. There are levels of communications with mild limitations, like early closures and group limits when cases go up as they do in waves. This makes sense to everybody and most people follow it voluntarily. Coordinating lockdowns with waves proves nothing and as a result in 1.5 years of the pandemic nothing was learned about how to manage it. Heavens forbid cases would creep up again comes fall will be back to folks!!! and the army again?

Cases and hospitalizations are plummeting, thanks in large part to vaccinations taking hold.  It’s time to start speeding up the re-opening.  There’s no reason this June and July should be more restrictive than last June and July when in a short period of time, cases and more importantly hospitalizations will be at very low levels.

On 5/28/2021 at 11:53 AM, Boges said:

The fact that over half of Ontario ICU beds were filled with people Variants of COVID-19 probably doesn't convince you. Because you question those number in the first place. You have to have some baseline trust in government figures. 

It would be a bit easier to manage if COVID was more deadly than it is. People we die quick and not spread it and take up Hospital resources. This is probably why SARS petered out in 2003. 

In Ontario we're just waiting for people on Ventilators to die or recover so the Healthcare system can recover from the 3rd wave. 

60% of Canadian adult have had at least one dose of the vaccine. If it was that dangerous we'd know about it. 

A vast majority of adults I know got the vaccine. Short of some expected side-effects (some worse than others) none have reported any long lasting issues with the vaccine. 

Anything our welfare recipient politicians and the lying media tells me these days is just plain full of covid bull chit. I refuse to believe anything they say anymore. They pretty much have all become professional liars and hoaxers. Over a year and half of this covid virus hoax and the loss of our many freedoms but yet these numb skull politicians are still being allowed to keep this bull shit covid scamdemic going. Why? Because of covid fools like you, that's why. 

So, have you personally been doing the rounds of all the hospitals in Ontario yourself to see as to whether those ICU beds supposedly were or still are full of patients suffering from covid as has been told to us by the lying politicians and the lying media? What proof do you personally have to prove to me that covid was all for real in the first place? What research have you done to verify this? Have you ever seen a virus in your life by chance? Just asking. 

Many viruses have come and gone for decades now and many hundreds of thousands of people have gotten ill and survived and many thousands have died from them in the past. What makes this covid virus any different? Please show me as to where or what makes this covid virus more dangerous than any other virus? Well? 

If you think that by taking your two covid vaccine shots will be the end of it all for you then you are sadly mistaken. Rumor has it that the vaccine shot will only be good for one year. After that sheeple like you will be told that you must have a booster shot every year to keep your immune system up and running to keep you alive from the many new covid like phony covid variants that will be coming along in the future. Those vaccine big pharma globalists have your future all written out for you, sheeple. Hey, you never know, eh? 

The covid vaccine side effects will only be known in the years to come. Good luck to you all vaccinated sheeple. You have become a part of an experimental gene therapy vaccine trail which in two years or so from now should show us all as to whether this covid vaccine was a blessing and a saviour or a bloody curse. if we start to see mass sickness or deaths happening in the next two years we will, of course, be told that it has nothing to do with the covid vaccine. Everybody dying will have died from something else and not the covid vaccine.

www.Naturalnews.com or Dr.Mercola can explain all of this to you better than I can. Check it out for yourself. 

PS: With all of these new covid variants popping up in many countries, I wonder how much longer will it be before Canada has it's own covid variant virus? Canada should have it's own covid variant. Just wondering about that. LOL 

Edited by taxme

So the benchmark for believing that the Covid-19 pandemic is real is independently verifying ICU figures? That's hilarious. 

I don't think anyone thinks COVID-19 will go away at this point. The goal, for most, would be to have it be endemic in society. You can get a variant, but your vaccination or previous infection means you barely notice. You certainly don't die unless you have some serious co-morbidities. 

As for vaccine alarmists. I pity you people for thinking that vaccines are such a danger. You'd much prefer a world where Measles and Smallpox are still a real threat to the majority of the world. 

12 minutes ago, Boges said:

As for vaccine alarmists. I pity you people for thinking that vaccines are such a danger. You'd much prefer a world where Measles and Smallpox are still a real threat to the majority of the world. 

You are projecting here. Some people accept the narrative and others do not. I myself am a skeptic, I have no "faith" in others. Especially some uneducated government "leader".

What I heard about the mRNA shit is that it is highly experimental. Not even a vaccine as they are understood. Vaccines work by taking the virus of concern, or a similar one, and making it weak. Then inject directly into the body. Cue Frankenstein's labore. The mRNA is actually some kind of gene therapy. I don't think it's been used before. Fear of the covid outbreak forced governments to allow it without the intensive population studies that are demanded up until now by established medical practice. They have to be studied for a few years because these things can have insidious outcomes that take longer to show up.

And now, since it is given to millions or even billions, essentially the whole human population is playing roulette with their DNA. Anyone with some common sense can see how this is playing with catastrophe.

50 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

You are projecting here. Some people accept the narrative and others do not. I myself am a skeptic, I have no "faith" in others. Especially some uneducated government "leader".

What I heard about the mRNA shit is that it is highly experimental. Not even a vaccine as they are understood. Vaccines work by taking the virus of concern, or a similar one, and making it weak. Then inject directly into the body. Cue Frankenstein's labore. The mRNA is actually some kind of gene therapy. I don't think it's been used before. Fear of the covid outbreak forced governments to allow it without the intensive population studies that are demanded up until now by established medical practice. They have to be studied for a few years because these things can have insidious outcomes that take longer to show up.

And now, since it is given to millions or even billions, essentially the whole human population is playing roulette with their DNA. Anyone with some common sense can see how this is playing with catastrophe.

And there has been zero examples of causal death due to an mRNA vaccine. So you have to retreat to the tired rhetoric of long term chronic side effects. 

By that metric, no vaccine would ever be used, because "Who Knows?!" I feel people that peddle that narrative are the real scourge to society.

Like the the Jude Law character in Contagion who peddled a fake natural remedy and then told people not take the vaccine. The same type of people who believe the Earth is Flat and the US was behind 911. 

1 hour ago, Boges said:

I don't think anyone thinks COVID-19 will go away at this point. The goal, for most, would be to have it be endemic in society. You can get a variant, but your vaccination or previous infection means you barely notice. You certainly don't die unless you have some serious co-morbidities.

That would depend on 1) intelligent 2) proactive and 3) effective epidemics monitoring and control service. Do we have it though? Can we hope for it, with the army in retirement homes and "travel from Wuhan"?

59 minutes ago, Boges said:

And there has been zero examples of causal death due to an mRNA vaccine. So you have to retreat to the tired rhetoric of long term chronic side effects. 

By that metric, no vaccine would ever be used, because "Who Knows?!" I feel people that peddle that narrative are the real scourge to society.

People who advocate for safety are not the "scourge of society". There are people who believe the narrative and follow along. I myself am a skeptic, meaning I don't take what some government chivatto says at face value. I wouldn't be so smug as to assume they truly know things, or are capable of being fair. I've been around long enough to know better.

Today the Toronto Sun makes this timely report-

Israel sees probable link between Pfizer vaccine and myocarditis cases

You people want to take chances on unproven experimental drugs that alter your DNA, and are not even a vaccine?

Fill yer boots.

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

People who advocate for safety are not the "scourge of society". There are people who believe the narrative and follow along. I myself am a skeptic, meaning I don't take what some government chivatto says at face value. I wouldn't be so smug as to assume they truly know things, or are capable of being fair. I've been around long enough to know better.

Today the Toronto Sun makes this timely report-

Israel sees probable link between Pfizer vaccine and myocarditis cases

You people want to take chances on unproven experimental drugs that alter your DNA, and are not even a vaccine?

Fill yer boots.

Don't believe governments? Then educate yourself on peer reviewed studies. 

From your article 

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) said last week that heart inflammation following vaccination with Comirnaty had been no cause for concern as they continued to happen at a rate that typically affected the general population. It added at the time that young men were particularly prone to the condition.

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

Don't believe governments? Then educate yourself on peer reviewed studies. 

From your article 

We heard the same defensive rhetoric about low incidence numbers with Astrazenica. Canada flip-flopped about a dozen times before settling on no longer giving the vaccine at all, first or second time. Where this kind of bad news affects a multi-billion dollar product, you can bet the news will be kept hush-hush, and apologists will step forward, even from the public, to cover it up.

13 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

We heard the same defensive rhetoric about low incidence numbers with Astrazenica. Canada flip-flopped about a dozen times before settling on no longer giving the vaccine at all, first or second time. Where this kind of bad news affects a multi-billion dollar product, you can bet the news will be kept hush-hush, and apologists will step forward, even from the public, to cover it up.

Those incidents are still low for Astra, and they still will give it as a second dose, I believe. 

The only reason they've moved away from Astra is because Pfizer has zero instances of deaths and they're a much more reliable supplier of the vaccine.

I got the Astra vaccine, and I'd get it as a second dose if it's offered before the Pfizer. 

Edited by Boges

15 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I used to read that site years ago. It's good to see the Health Ranger still in action!!

It certainly is quite the informed conservative alternative news website indeed. I have sure learned a lot about this covid 19 hoax and nonsense from the Health Ranger. If what he is saying is true about what could happen to those that have taken the covid vaccine jab, and cannot wait to take their 2nd jab, well those people may be in big time trouble now. They may not even be around and alive in the next couple of years. Only time will tell now. They may want to think twice before taking the 2nd jab or anymore after that. 

And these same covid vaccines are supposed to be good for only one year. These same people will soon be told that two jabs are not enough as the vaccines that they have injected into their bodies already will need a booster shot every year there after. What a farce indeed. While big pharma globalists make billions, the sheeple lose again. 

Those suckers and fools have no idea as to what they have done to themselves. If we start to see thousands of people dying off in Canada in the next couple of years, well, I guess that the Health Ranger was right after all. Only time will tell. 

And these covid vaccines that were being tested on animals, well, all of the those animals died. They had to stop doing anymore tests on animals. That should have been a warning that these covid vaccines are not safe. But let the sheeple ask the question as to why their dear comrade lying leaders, the lying media, and those so called lying health officials and experts never stopped the vaccine push. They all have blood on their hands. :(

2 hours ago, Boges said:

Called it.

Haha, like that 18,000 cases model predictions "data"? Here's what it looks like though: a year and a half in having spent countless public billions the experts with the unaccountable and not responsible to anybody public health managers still have not a slightest clue how to manage the epidemic effectively (efficiency isn't even in the picture, with $20 K monthly salaries while "our frontline heroes" struggle to make it in year) and so the only, default option that remains is drag it as long as possible and hope that cases will start dropping eventually.

They could have learned from others how to do it effectively with less inconvenience and disruption to the society but they are too important for that.

Oh that poor, poor data (ford-government-is-open-to-moving-up-reopening-but-is-waiting-on-more-data) See, it was supposed to be here but stranded somewhere on the way (and who was paid to have it available in time for decisions? not to worry). Not to worry, just another two weeks so that we don't lose all the and that data should be here anytime now.

And if comes fall and there's another wave and cases begin climbing up again? Not to worry!

The Dofo hasn't made any progress toward making changes in LTC's to improve the ventilation in those old buildings. They made promises last year to mandate air quality and temperature, to be installed by March of this year. Oh well. Stay safe. Those old folks can lay in their own filth at 30 Deg. C, for hours and hours.

Edited by OftenWrong

42 minutes ago, myata said:

Oh that poor, poor data (ford-government-is-open-to-moving-up-reopening-but-is-waiting-on-more-data) See, it was supposed to be here but stranded somewhere on the way (and who was paid to have it available in time for decisions? not to worry). Not to worry, just another two weeks so that we don't lose all the and that data should be here anytime now.

And if comes fall and there's another wave and cases begin climbing up again? Not to worry!

That's not what they're saying. 

They assume there were lots of gatherings for the Victoria Day weekend. They're giving it 2 weeks to see if there's a bump in cases/hospital admissions due to the Long Weekend. Similar to how there was a spike for Easter that caused the Stay-at-Home Order in the first place. 

All indications point to there being no bump in cases. 

I predict they'll probably announce something on Monday. Which is only a week earlier, not saying much. If numbers continue to drop, they'll have to act sooner. 

Edited by Boges

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

The Dofo hasn't made any progress toward making changes in LTC's to improve the ventilation in those old buildings.

Can't help wondering: is it too early / harsh to call it a paralysis of the system? Nothing of any meaning can be done anymore in less than a decade and for less than XY billions?