Will it be the virus that takes Trump down?

On 3/13/2020 at 8:58 PM, godzilla said:

man this should be easy for trump supporters then. simply bring up all of the fabulous things he is doing everyday! easy!

so there's the tax break for the rich and subsequent spike in federal debt. cool, not up on any studies that have quantified any benefits to that yet but whatever. and you got NAFT 2.0 which is cool... but you know, its not a lot different from NAFT 1.0. but cool, anyways i'm sure. then you got... um, what exactly?

he had R's in all three branches for 2 years! wtf?! hahaha! get rid of obamacare? no. build the wall? no. stop muslims from entering the country. ok, great he did that. that's important. <_<

of course i don't want you to think i haven't missed the biggest thing he's done... ginned up political rhetoric so that half the population think its either him or some fuckin "open boarders", "anti-gun" boogie man shit. seriously, thats the only reason he's in the job, right? to protect against boogie man! and of course the trailer trash believe its a black and white thing... its either/or... its freedom or slavery. when... its not. every issue in a modern society is complex and there are people who it is wise to let into the country and others one shouldn't. and there are people who are fine to have guns and others who should not. and there are people who believe there are child sex slaves in the basement of a pizza parlor somewhere. Cult45.

and if D's get in and say/do the same thing then i'll be here... suggesting that people speak truth to power, as it were. i mean, i guess you could say that i'm "fiscally conservative" and "socially liberal" and want science based based and because i've made a shit load of cash from corporate sources am fully aware of what "taxed at source" slavery does to people. does that make me some kind of "commie"?! some "Trump hater". let it be!

stay safe out there!

I hope that you are staying home and confining yourself in your basement. After all, you may have contacted the virus yourself, and you would not want to spread it around, now would you?  It's time to think about others out there. I hope that you have plenty of toilet paper on hand.

Have no fear. Trump will never have to worry about being taking down by anything. That is just wishful non-thinking and a pipe dream on all of those Trump haters out there in never-never liberal/democratic land.  Chuckle-chuckle.  

It should be more like smarten up out there!  

On 3/14/2020 at 7:10 AM, kactus said:

Also for those extolling the virtues of the greatest POTUS, this is the type of president whose vocabulary is confined to “great” or “tremendous” yet when it comes to even being asked a direct question about whether he is tested for Covid.19 he dodges the question. No gravitas but a pompous git with no legitimacy...

Have you been tested for the virus yet?  Has the millions of other Canadians out there been tested for this virus yet? Just asking! If not well I think that you should just mind your own Canadian bees wax. Who the hell cares if Trump has been tested? Has all the other world leaders out there been tested for this virus or is it just Trump that you are all worried about?  Have all the democrats been tested yet?  Trump is great and tremendous while your prime mistake comes nowhere near being great and tremendous.  Geez, some Canadian parents children!  

On 3/14/2020 at 1:33 PM, WestCanMan said:

I'll confess to being super-duper-ok with the fact that Sophie Trudeau "has" it. 

My guess is that our village idiot just wanted to stay safe at home with his blankie, so she's faking it, in addition to the fact that it gives the Trudeaus somewhat of a #metoo moment. 

If she really had it, no doubt that they'd have 7 MRI machines, 6 doctors, two nurses and a search & rescue copter at home in addition to all their nannies and their other ultra-necessary household peons. 

Never trust a Trudeau with anything that they say or do. They lie. This is all just another excuse for lazy and good for nothing Trudeau to be able to get away from it all and doing what he does best, nothing.  My dog will probably catch the virus before she ever will. She is a good wife though. Standing behind her man from continuing to keep making an ass of himself. The virus would probably not want to have anything to do with that village idiot if it knows what is good for it. 

No doubt Trudeau has all of those medical things that you mentioned above in his taxpayer funded home. We have to make sure that he has 24 hour protection. What would Canada do without him. Personally, Canada would probably survive and then do well from the coming collapse that this guy has been working on trying to do for years now.  Just saying!  

Will the virus take Trump down?

Ummmm, let's think about that for a sec.

He's the world leader who restricted travel from China when this started. Our PM didn't have the balls to do anything at all.

Did the person who started this thread start an equally critical thread about the leader who's doing nothing at all? 

Nope. So it's just more of the typical hypocritical bullshit that you get from leftists.

On 3/15/2020 at 10:30 PM, WestCanMan said:

Will the virus take Trump down?

Ummmm, let's think about that for a sec.

He's the world leader who restricted travel from China when this started. Our PM didn't have the balls to do anything at all.

Did the person who started this thread start an equally critical thread about the leader who's doing nothing at all? 

Nope. So it's just more of the typical hypocritical bullshit that you get from leftists.

Didn't he say it would just go away?  I'm sure I remember him saying it would just go away.

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

Didn't he say it would just go away?  I'm sure I remember him saying it would just go away.

I don't honestly know. I know that he was criticized for everything that he said or did since even before he was elected, almost always wrongly, but I would like to see the exact quote within it's proper context before I comment on it.

I judge people by their actions. Trump has taken all the right steps imo. I would say the exact opposite about Trudeau.

There was a time when it was obvious that we needed social distancing from people who had been near the epicentre of the virus outbreak, and Trump put that buffer in place. Trudeau did not. 

That one fact right there is indisputable, and it's not even the least bit surprising. Trump has a long track record for doing the right things as POTUS. Trudeau has a long track record of doing the exact wrong thing as PM.

Our idiotic media is helping the village idiot destroy Canada by being willfully blind to his blatant shortcomings.

It would be easier if you learned to cite info, because you're not exactly a reliable source. Are you referring to this poll, which has entirely different, less favorable numbers?

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6810602-200149-NBCWSJ-March-Poll-Final-3-14-20-Release.html

Nevertheless, do you approve of his lying about a drug being immediately available to treat the virus? Do you approve of how he tried to downplay it and say it was under control when it was quickly spreading? Do you approve of his dismantling Obama's pandemic response team? Do you approve of Republicans downplaying the virus while selling off their stocks after their briefing? 

Trudeau has been very impressive,  especially since he is personally affected by this crisis. I imagine there will be an election coming as his approval skyrockets.

Meanwhile Trump is currently melting down under the pressure, live in a press conference. He freaked out on a reporter for asking if he had any reassuring words for Americans who were frightened. He looks scared himself, and way over his head.

If only they had the chance to remove him when they knew he was unfit and that this virus was coming. :lol:

3 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Meanwhile Trump is currently melting down under the pressure, live in a press conference. He freaked out on a reporter for asking if he had any reassuring words for Americans who were frightened. He looks scared himself, and way over his head.

Actually, this is one of Trump's best briefings and Q&A...far more information than from quarantined  blackface.

Yes, you're right. The one yesterday was even worse, when Trump was slurring his words and making no sense at all. And the earlier ones where he was trying to downplay the seriousness of the virus and calling it all a Democrat hoax was a total shitshow. Very low bar he has there.

I can see why you're so envious of Trudeau.

Just now, BubberMiley said:

Hardly...not only is he quarantined as "leader",  but his podium briefings are snooze fests with far less information, and very little Q&A.

Team Trump just provided 90 minutes of substantial information to the American public.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Nevertheless, do you approve of his lying about a drug being immediately available to treat the virus? Do you approve of how he tried to downplay it and say it was under control when it was quickly spreading? Do you approve of his dismantling Obama's pandemic response team? Do you approve of Republicans downplaying the virus while selling off their stocks after their briefing? 

Bubber I didn't see you complaining about blankie boy's handling of the virus, and he did far less than Trump. I even have a quote from a CBC article saying that 

The Public Health Agency of Canada, which is working alongside provinces and territories to monitor the novel coronavirus, says the risk to Canadians is low. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/coronavirus-canada-trudeau-february-1-1.5448834 - This is from Feb 1, the day after Trump banned travellers who had been to China within 14 days.

Do you know that Trudeau didn't stop Chinese from flying directly here until we were at the point where our entire economy was shut down? 

Where are your cites for these "trump lies" Bubber. That's a huge requirement when you're popping off about the leader of a foreign country who actually did something about the virus, and completely ignoring your own government's gross incompetence regarding the same matter.

Edited by WestCanMan

3 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Hardly...not only is he quarantined as "leader",  but his podium briefings are snooze fests with far less information, and very little Q&A.

Team Trump just provided 90 minutes of substantial information to the American public.

Not to mention that our Health Minister doesn't have a single medical degree. She's a woman though.... gotta hit the 50% mark, right? 

3 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Yes, you're right. The one yesterday was even worse, when Trump was slurring his words and making no sense at all. And the earlier ones where he was trying to downplay the seriousness of the virus and calling it all a Democrat hoax was a total shitshow. Very low bar he has there.

Trudeau hides under his blankie for 23 hrs and 52 minutes a day, and then says stutters for 8 minutes while there's no one within fifteen feet of him.

He's too scared to get a test because if he's negative, he will have to come out of his basement.

What other world leaders are as cowardly as Trudeau? Name one.

• Haha 1