Will it be the virus that takes Trump down?

3 hours ago, Shady said:

What has Trudeau done that Trump hasn’t?

Probably less than he could have if he wasn't quarantined. That said how does Trump account for an infection rate that's triple that of our's?  Maybe Trump should go into quarantine too.

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Probably less than he could have if he wasn't quarantined. That said how does Trump account for an infection rate that's triple that of our's?  Maybe Trump should go into quarantine too.

Trudeau couldn't even protect his own wife, and their quarantine has nothing to do with "taking Trump down".

Canadians actually have access to and are getting more information about Trump and the U.S. via American media (as always) than what is available about Trudeau and Canada.   

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

What does it tell you that Trudeau's policies have infected 0.003% of Canadians and Trump's have infected 0.009% of Americans?  Would you say Trump is doing 3 times better than Trudeau or 5 times...a 100?

Maybe you'll only agree Trudeau is doing a better job if he's killed by the virus before Trump.

Children eh...they ask the damnedest questions but thankfully there's an adult in the room so...what do you say there Pops?

1) The % of people with the virus just depends on how many people get tested. Do you thnk that only 9 out of 100,000 NBA players has the virus? Wrong.

2) Trudeau's policies, by definition, have been worse than Trump's. 

If your neighbour to the east lets his elementary-age kids throw loaded guns off the roof of his house and smoke cigarettes, and your neighbour to the west has his kids who make the honour roll and are high-level athletes, but one of them gets killed by a falling Russian satellite, do you say that's proof that the neighbour to the east is a better parent? 

19 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trudeau couldn't even protect his own wife, and their quarantine has nothing to do with "taking Trump down".   

Who said it did and when did you finally give your wife a helmet before dragging her into the ring?

Canadians actually have access to and are getting more information about Trump and the U.S. via American media (as always) than what is available about Trudeau and Canada.

Yes and we're probably learning from what hasn't worked. Notice Trudeau isn't wasting time blaming the opposition for example.

Edited by eyeball

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yes and we're probably learning from what hasn't worked. Notice Trudeau isn't wasting time blaming the opposition for example.

Trudeau doesn't seem to be doing much of anything...he is not very visible.   Trump has no worries if that's the minimum required standard.

Trump actually interacts with the press on a daily basis now...LIVE...something that the gray beard doesn't seem up for.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

35 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You didn’t answer the question.  What did Trudeau do that Trump didn’t do first?  And what would a quarantine do to prevent him from directing a response to the crisis?  You’re good at avoiding issues and making excuses,

Edited by Shady

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Hey one point at a time...you still have to account for how long it took you to protect your wife.

Learn how to be more agile....handle more than one line in the water at a time.

Trump is out there for all to see....going multiple rounds with the press.

Is Trudeau doing that ?

2 minutes ago, Shady said:

You didn’t answer the question.  What did Trudeau do that Trump didn’t do first?  

I thought I did but you seem to be beating around a bush you have an eye so spit it out, you tell me.  I've been pretty busy getting my mom moved out of harm's way and helping out family and friends get themselves and their property positioned and prepared for this.

Trudeau refrained from blaming the opposition for causing a panic and seems to be holding his own panic in better check than Trump.  Fear is a mind killer that causes mistakes so perhaps that explains the higher infection rate under Trump.

So there you go, Trudeau kept his head first and Trump didn't as evidenced by our country's lower infection rate. You're suggesting results and facts on the ground don't matter to you?

27 minutes ago, Shady said:

The public.

Well I'm pretty sure you're just speaking for you and your ilk but be that as it may...

Investing in research

To further contribute to global efforts to address the outbreak, the Government of Canada has invested nearly $27 million to fund coronavirus research in Canada. This investment will support 47 research teams from across Canada that will focus on accelerating the development, testing and implementation of measures to deal with the outbreak.

Ensuring Canadians' access to vaccines and antivirals is a top priority. That's why the Government of Canada will invest $275 million in additional funding to enhance research capacity on vaccine and antiviral development and clinical trials, including in Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/canadas-reponse/government-canada-takes-action-covid-19.html

Just because you can't use google doesn't mean the public can't.

40 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Learn how to be more agile....handle more than one line in the water at a time.

LOL that's kinda funny actually. As a professional commercial troller I'm quite used to dragging 6 lines thru the water with up to twenty or more flashers and lures per line.

In any case I'm fishing out of a barrel tonight so I only need a gaff.

Trump is out there for all to see....going multiple rounds with the press.

Is Trudeau doing that ?

No, thank God. That's probably why we're so far behind you on infections.

Edited by eyeball

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

LOL that's kinda funny actually. As a professional commercial troller I'm quite used to dragging 6 lines thru the water with up to twenty or more flashers and lures per line.

In any case I'm fishing out of a barrel tonight so I only need a gaff.

Well DUH....why do you think I posted that ?

No, thank God.

Trudeau is thanking God too.    Trump isn't afraid of the press.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

1) The % of people with the virus just depends on how many people get tested

And the rate of infection depends on the size of population. Did you have even think to figure that out before beaking off like you know what you're talking about? I'm guessing you didn't.

103945 Americans tested = 0.03% of population
42785 Canadians tested = 0.11% of population

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-testing-source-data

Trudeau's policies, by definition, have been worse than Trump's.

Only according to people with their tongue up Trump's ass. 

Edited by eyeball

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

Sure they do. Take the current number of Canada and US cases and population run them thru a percentage calculator. Its so simple a child could do it.

Canada's cases 1470

Canada's population 37.59 million

That's 0.0039%

US Cases 32464

US Population 372.2 million

That's 0.0099%

I'm sorry you're absolutely correct. It was what you sad sarcasticly that i misinterpreted.

Edited by godzilla
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

And the rate of infection depends on the size of population. Did you have even think to figure that out before beaking off like you know what you're talking about? I'm guessing you didn't.

103945 Americans tested = 0.03% of population
42785 Canadians tested = 0.11% of population

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-testing-source-data

Only according to people with their tongue up Trump's ass. 

Oh man I brushed my teeth.

9 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Well DUH....why do you think I posted that ?

Trudeau is thanking God too.    Trump isn't afraid of the press.

Trump actually is afraid of the press so he over compensates and tries to bully it thinking he can control it that way. Psychology 101.

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

Well I'm pretty sure you're just speaking for you and your ilk but be that as it may...

Just because you can't use google doesn't mean the public can't.

You shouldn’t have to google it and have to sift through their government pablum to find information.  It should be made clear in press conferences etc.  This is the kind of nothingness that our government feels is necessary to include in that information.

• Collaboration - all levels of government and stakeholders need to work in partnership to produce an effective and coordinated response.
  • Evidence-informed decision-making - decisions should be based on the best available evidence.
  • Proportionality - the response to a pandemic should be appropriate to the level of the threat.
  • Flexibility - actions taken should be tailored to the situation and evolve as new information becomes available.
  • A precautionary approach - timely and reasonable preventive action should be proportional to the threat and informed by evidence to the extent possible.
  • Use of established practices and systems - well-practised strategies and processes can be rapidly ramped up to manage a pandemic.
  • Ethical decision-making - ethical principles and societal values should be explicit and embedded in all decision-making.

Who the fuck cares about this shit?

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

I thought I did but you seem to be beating around a bush you have an eye so spit it out, you tell me.  I've been pretty busy getting my mom moved out of harm's way and helping out family and friends get themselves and their property positioned and prepared for this.

Trudeau refrained from blaming the opposition for causing a panic and seems to be holding his own panic in better check than Trump.  Fear is a mind killer that causes mistakes so perhaps that explains the higher infection rate under Trump.

So there you go, Trudeau kept his head first and Trump didn't as evidenced by our country's lower infection rate. You're suggesting results and facts on the ground don't matter to you?

But he did ban travel.  He just took longer to do it.  He’s done everything Trump did, except after Trump did it. Lol you’d be a great used car salesman! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL! The top infectious disease expert in the US talks about how exhausting it is to trying keep ahead of all the BS Trump peddles. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/politics/fauci-trump-science-interview/index.html

Asked how he responds to falsehoods from the President during press conferences, Fauci said, "I can't jump in front of the microphone and push him down," according to the interview.

"OK, he said it. Let's try and get it corrected for the next time," Fauci said.

The director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Fauci has advised six presidents and has played a central role in the White House's Coronavirus Task Force.

"I'm sort of exhausted," Fauci said in the interview. "But other than that, I'm good. I mean, I'm not, to my knowledge, coronavirus infected. To my knowledge, I haven't been fired."

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

LOL! The top infectious disease expert in the US talks about how exhausting it is to trying keep ahead of all the BS Trump peddles. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/politics/fauci-trump-science-interview/index.html

I would agree.  Trump is not like regular politicians and is used to doing things his own way.  It’s got to be frustrating at times.  It still doesn’t discount the broader implications of Trumps comments.  That China should’ve notified the world much much sooner, and most of this wouldn’t have happened.

1 minute ago, Shady said:

I would agree.  Trump is not like regular politicians and is used to doing things his own way.  It’s got to be frustrating at times.  It still doesn’t discount the broader implications of Trumps comments.  That China should’ve notified the world much much sooner, and most of this wouldn’t have happened.

Sure. 

BTW Trump was also trying to make numbers look better than they are until he couldn't hide anymore. 

18 minutes ago, Shady said:

yep, blame someone else for not being able to do your job. that works!:rolleyes:

its clear that while this was playing out Trumps administration did absolutely nothing and indeed was downplaying any concerns simply to appease Trumps fear of the matter.

Edited by godzilla

this was discussed early in this thread... about Trumps tone. and it was decided that if Trump took the bull by the horns and leaned into the disaster then he may come out on top. he certainly has changed his tone. he looks pretty weak though when he says "it wasn't my fault".

irrespective, another aspect i find fascinating is that historically people come together in times of crisis. political boundaries begin to fail. this is a threat to Trumpism. Trump is definitively a separator-in-cheif. in times of crisis that tool is rendered far less useful.