Immigrants cost Canada $30 billion per year

Argus

38 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

That is not likely to happen because the children of all those foreign born will be born in Canada and effectively adapting the homegrown culture.

What makes you think those children will adopt Canadian values? I have a neighbour born in Canada. His middle east parents decided to send him 'home' for high school because they didn't approve of Canadian morals. He returned with a middle east wife who speaks no English and isn't allowed out of the house to learn any. His kids speak mostly Arabic when I hear them playing outside. When I talk to him the beliefs he espouses on women, on Jews, on God, are straight out of the middle east.

And if more than half the population of major cities where most immigrants go are foreigners, how are those kids going to learn Canadian values and culture?

47 minutes ago, cougar said:

Definition of culture just for reference:

"the customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of a particular nation, people, or other social group."

Born in Canada does not mean the person is really "Canadian" by culture; could be anything.  Could be even a terrorist who does not speak English or French.  (home schooling is acceptable , is it not?)

Now bringing up the "economic success" into this discussion leaves a bad flavor.  It almost sounds like one is willing to sell / dilute his or her culture for money.

What we have is a business entity called Canada.  Official language of business - English or French with other languages acceptable if money is good.

One can be opposed to bringing in economically unsuccessful immigrants AND concerned about homegrown culture at the same time. Regardless of level of success I still believe we are bringing in too many.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Regardless of level of success I still believe we are bringing in too many.

I agree with you.  There were times I was so disgusted with our immigration policy I ran an anti-immigration site.  The government preferred to ignore it, while still bringing their 250,000 skilled workers, god knows how many temporary/seasonal workers, how many business class immigrants and how many international students who, of course could decide to stay.  Finally, how many eligible refugees.    No surprises here.  To have a human farm, you need space and humans.

15 minutes ago, cougar said:

I agree with you.  There were times I was so disgusted with our immigration policy I ran an anti-immigration site.  The government preferred to ignore it, while still bringing their 250,000 skilled workers, god knows how many temporary/seasonal workers, how many business class immigrants and how many international students who, of course could decide to stay.  Finally, how many eligible refugees.    No surprises here.  To have a human farm, you need space and humans.

Bringing international students in is a financial windfall for public universities, and a source of future higher income immigrants already adjusted to Canada. 

Skilled immigrants - need no excuses for that.

TFW's - Most fill necessary jobs. Some employers game that system to keep wages low, but that's a regulatory issue. TFW's keep some Conservative voters happy.

Business class - Bring their own money. Again, happy Conservatives about that.

Refugees - Lots of Canadian families originated from waves of refugees fleeing desperate circumstances. 

I don't think you're really being honest about why you're so "disgusted" about immigration. 

1 hour ago, jacee said:

Some employers game that system to keep wages low, but that's a regulatory issue.

Since this issue has persisted over the years, I think this is an established government policy - to undermine the standard of life of whoever is already in the country.

My "disgust" comes from the pretense that the country needs to fill certain positions in demand, while in reality, it is always looking for cheap labor and population growth represented by increased demand for goods and services, real estate and everything else.

I know that a referendum will show that Canadians do not favor immigration - at least those same Victorian old stock, who do not profit from immigrants.   The rest, who wish to make their community and presence stronger or bring in family members will likely want the current situation to continue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Argus said:

What makes you think those children will adopt Canadian values? I have a neighbour born in Canada. His middle east parents decided to send him 'home' for high school because they didn't approve of Canadian morals. He returned with a middle east wife who speaks no English and isn't allowed out of the house to learn any. His kids speak mostly Arabic when I hear them playing outside. When I talk to him the beliefs he espouses on women, on Jews, on God, are straight out of the middle east.

And if more than half the population of major cities where most immigrants go are foreigners, how are those kids going to learn Canadian values and culture?

Exception not a rule. Besides this situation when arises only applies to middle eastern immigrants which is less than a third of total immigrants and to some not all. As I had said it many times Canada's immigration policies should change in favor of adaptability to Canadian values. If it does those type of immigrants will have a hard time qualifying.

Do they have schools of their own? Universities of their own? 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

According to the Jerusalem Post, Canada and the U.S. have quietly agreed to accept 100,000 Palestinians... that's a lot, what would that cost and very importantly, where would we house them as there is a severe housing shortage now. 

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/US-has-agreement-with-Canada-to-accept-100000-Palestinians-Arab-report-600602 

1 hour ago, scribblet said:

According to the Jerusalem Post, Canada and the U.S. have quietly agreed to accept 100,000 Palestinians... that's a lot, what would that cost and very importantly, where would we house them as there is a severe housing shortage now. 

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/US-has-agreement-with-Canada-to-accept-100000-Palestinians-Arab-report-600602 

I suppose if the US and Canada would stand up against Isreal's encroachment, there wouldn't be any Palestinians looking for better options.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I suppose if the US and Canada would stand up against Isreal's encroachment, there wouldn't be any Palestinians looking for better options.

Now that is funny.

Maybe if Hamas didn't spend all their funding on arms and ways to kill Jews there would emoney to make life better for the people

Edited by scribblet

44 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Same is true if more Canadians had spoken out harder against globalization in the past. Back on the day though the usual suspects could do nothing but wax eloquently about the productivity of lazy overpaid workers in Canada whilst making witty references to Stalin.

43 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Now that is funny.

Maybe if Hamas didn't spend all their funding on arms and ways to kill Jews there would emoney to make life better for the people

I have no issue with Isreal protecting their existing border.  I have issue with moving that border, bit by bit, while the rest of the world watches silently.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

I have no issue with Isreal protecting their existing border.  I have issue with moving that border, bit by bit, while the rest of the world watches silently.

Israelis have a right to live securely, but the encroachments are real and fueled by the Orthodox and other right wing forces of the Knesset.  Israel is too much of a theocracy.  What they have is de facto apartheid.  I say that with complete respect for the advanced civilization they have created.  Too bad not everyone living there can enjoy it.  

4 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Israelis have a right to live securely, but the encroachments are real and fueled by the Orthodox and other right wing forces of the Knesset.  Israel is too much of a theocracy.  What they have is de facto apartheid.  I say that with complete respect for the advanced civilization they have created.  Too bad not everyone living there can enjoy it.  

And when the Palestinians were given a choice of democracy, they voted in an Islamic terrorist group committed to the destruction of Israel, which perpetuates the violence by shooting rockets and firebombs across the border. Palestine under the rule of the Palestinians, both Gaza and West Bank, are brutal dictatorships which practice torture on their own people as well as extra-judicial executions.

Among the charming cultural values of the Palestinian people are rejoicing and celebration whenever one of their kids dies in a suicidal attack on Jews.

The Palestinians are ethnically, racially, culturally and linguistically identical to the people of nearby Arab countries, and those countries have refused to accept a single one as citizens.

Why the hell should we take them in? Oh, right, I forgot! There's an election in the offing and the Liberals want that Muslim vote again!

Edited by Argus

19 hours ago, Argus said:

And when the Palestinians were given a choice of democracy, they voted in an Islamic terrorist group committed to the destruction of Israel, which perpetuates the violence by shooting rockets and firebombs across the border. Palestine under the rule of the Palestinians, both Gaza and West Bank, are brutal dictatorships which practice torture on their own people as well as extra-judicial executions.

Among the charming cultural values of the Palestinian people are rejoicing and celebration whenever one of their kids dies in a suicidal attack on Jews.

The Palestinians are ethnically, racially, culturally and linguistically identical to the people of nearby Arab countries, and those countries have refused to accept a single one as citizens.

Why the hell should we take them in? Oh, right, I forgot! There's an election in the offing and the Liberals want that Muslim vote again!

If this proposal for accepting 100000 Palestinians is real and not fake news, the PM should bring it to Parliamentary Committee and Parliament itself, as the consequences are far reaching.  At this point I think it’s safe to say Trudeau is way out of his depth and must go.  I just hope the electorate are wise enough to see past the promisorial hypocrisy and good hair.   

Edited by Zeitgeist

12 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

If this proposal for accepting 100000 Palestinians is real and not fake news, the PM should bring it to Parliamentary Commity and Parliament itself, as the consequences are far reaching.  At this point I think it’s safe to say Trudeau is way out of his depth and must go.  I just hope the electorate are wise enough to see past the promisorial hypocrisy and good hair.   

I was intrigued by this until I clicked through: "CANADA DENIES ARAB MEDIA REPORT IT WILL TAKE IN 100,000 PALESTINIANS"

And the US is involved ?  If it were the Clinton era and some kind of massive Peace Deal packaged with a plan to migrate people out of occupied territories had happened, and it was a known source then... well ok.  But none of those things are in play.  Trump is doing zero on Israel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I was intrigued by this until I clicked through: "CANADA DENIES ARAB MEDIA REPORT IT WILL TAKE IN 100,000 PALESTINIANS"

Yeah, from the article:

"There are no special programs currently being considered to resettle people from Lebanon or Syria. Little information is publicly available about who registered or is responsible for the content. We chose to correct the disinformation to remind both prospective immigrants and Canadians that accurate information is available through Government of Canada websites," he added."

On 9/5/2019 at 9:01 AM, dialamah said:

Yeah, from the article:

"There are no special programs currently being considered to resettle people from Lebanon or Syria. Little information is publicly available about who registered or is responsible for the content. We chose to correct the disinformation to remind both prospective immigrants and Canadians that accurate information is available through Government of Canada websites," he added."

But something might be in the works ... 

The Trump administration’s "Deal of the Century" peace plan is not expected to be released until after Israel's September 17 elections, as per US special envoy Jason Greenblatt.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Oh, FFS.  Does anybody think they will do anything ?  This administration can't get on the same page with themselves even.

Well, to be fair, they have probably done more than Canada, which expects the U.S. to lead on the Israel-Palestine file.

How many Palestinian immigrants were admitted into Canada by the Trudeau administration ?

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Well, to be fair, they have probably done more than Canada, which expects the U.S. to lead on the Israel-Palestine file.

How many Palestinian immigrants were admitted into Canada by the Trudeau administration ?

I bet a greater percentage of the nation’s populace than the US.  Prove me wrong.  

Why would America want to load up on more Arabs?  The people who flew the planes into the WTC and Pentagon.

A Canadian virtue signalling contest Americans are happy to let Canada win.

Enjoy your Arabs, Canada, America salutes you for saving America the trouble.

Canada; dumping ground for the dregs America refuses entry, nice work.

Edited by Dougie93

24 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Why would America want to load up on more Arabs?  The people who flew the planes into the WTC and Pentagon.

A Canadian virtue signalling contest Americans are happy to let Canada win.

Enjoy your Arabs, Canada, America salutes you for saving America the trouble.

Canada; dumping ground for the dregs America refuses entry, nice work.

The truth comes out.  It’s racism, Dougie, nothing less.