Immigrants cost Canada $30 billion per year

Argus

Just now, Argus said:

We're not.

As I said barring based on where a person is born (which she has no control over) is very wrong and immoral. We should select immigrants based on personal beliefs (those who believe in Western democracy and behave in Western democratic manner, believing in human rights and equality and women's right) and personal assets (education, money, potential for good citizenship) not race or region. If we select immigrants the scenarios you described or the chaotic race relations in Europe will never happen in Canada.

I have a question to you Argus. I must say sometimes I am taken by your posts which in some cases are very true and logical. To my assessment you are an intelligent poster but not extreme person (not racist but logical). Do you say that Bahareh (the Iranian beauty Queen who defended human rights and women's right and criticized Iranian tyrannical regime) should be sent back home facing rape and execution or she should be granted asylum in Canada? Or barred from Canada because she is born in Middle East?

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

3 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

As I said barring based on where a person is born (which she has no control over) is very wrong and immoral. We should select immigrants based on personal beliefs (those who believe in Western democracy and behave in Western democratic manner, believing in human rights and equality and women's right) and personal assets (education, money, potential for good citizenship) not race or region. If we select immigrants the scenarios you described or the chaotic race relations in Europe will never happen in Canada.

Yes, but we don't do that. Nor are we likely to do that. The immigration program is being run largely for the political benefit of venal, self-serving politicians.

I have a question to you Argus. I must say sometimes I am taken by your posts which in some cases are very true and logical. To my assessment you are an intelligent poster but not extreme person (not racist but logical). Do you say that Bahareh (the Iranian beauty Queen who defended human rights and women's right and criticized Iranian tyrannical regime) should be sent back home facing rape and execution or she should be granted asylum in Canada? Or barred from Canada because she is born in Middle East?

No. I think the refugee system should concern itself with individuals who face personal attacks/persecution by their governments due to their political/social activism and beliefs. The current system basically suggests if you come from a poor region or a warring or unstable region then you qualify as a refugee. The Liberals policy on Syria is illustrative. They simply went to Turkey, to refugee camps, and grabbed tens of thousands of Syrians for no particular reason. They weren't in any danger there, after all. The previous govenrment had prioritized people who were in danger due to who they were, such as Christians and Yazidis, who were being targeted for death by various groups. The Liberals threw that policy out to just take anyone temporarily displaced from that country.

Most of the people crossing the border from the US are from Nigeria, Haiti and the like, places which do not have the circumstances which would produce legitimate UN refugees. We take many of them anyway. Simply because where they come from is very poor or very unstable or violent.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Argus said:

Yes, but we don't do that. Nor are we likely to do that. The immigration program is being run largely for the political benefit of venal, self-serving politicians.No. I think the refugee system should concern itself with individuals who face personal attacks/persecution by their governments due to their political/social activism and beliefs. The current system basically suggests if you come from a poor region or a warring or unstable region then you qualify as a refugee. The Liberals policy on Syria is illustrative. They simply went to Turkey, to refugee camps, and grabbed tens of thousands of Syrians for no particular reason. They weren't in any danger there, after all.

Canada resettling "tens of thousands" doesn't make a lot of difference when Turkey has several million Syrian refugees.

The millions of Syrians in refugee camps in countries bordering Syria cannot find work, cannot be absorbed and integrated into those countries. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refugees_of_the_Syrian_Civil_War

Turkey is the largest host country of registered refugees with over 3.6 million Syrian refugees.[3] 

Plus 2m more Syrian refugees  split among Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and Egypt, all requiring humanitarian assistance.  

(And 6m displaced within Syria itself and also requiring humanitarian assistance.) 

89f9b79176020f81db20de3ce43eeafccf3a27fc.png

13 minutes ago, jacee said:

Canada resettling "tens of thousands" doesn't make a lot of difference when Turkey has several million Syrian refugees.

No, but it's extremely costly to provide for them here. We could have provided for ten times as many if we'd simply given that money to the UN.

The millions of Syrians in refugee camps in countries bordering Syria cannot find work, cannot be absorbed and integrated into those countries. 

Why not? The Syrian war is winding down. The fighting has almost stopped in Iraq. And if they can't be integrated into nearby Muslim countries with largely the same values and cultures and technology levels, and which mostly speak Arabic just how do you imagine they'll be integrated into ours?

Edited by Argus

2 hours ago, Argus said:

No, but it's extremely costly to provide for them here. We could have provided for ten times as many if we'd simply given that money to the UN.

Why not? The Syrian war is winding down. The fighting has almost stopped in Iraq. And if they can't be integrated into nearby Muslim countries with largely the same values and cultures and technology levels, and which mostly speak Arabic just how do you imagine they'll be integrated into ours?

Just fine so far! The only problem has been the stupid and disturbed white supremacists showing off their extremist idiocy.

In Canada, Syrian people are getting jobs and opening businesses, integrating into the country.

Turkey can't integrate 3.6m refugees. Are you suggesting that Canada just keep sending support money forever, to people with no hope of ever getting a job to support themselves? 

Kinda stupid, but what I expect from a NIMBY white supremacist like you, whose opinions are not even worth consideration.

Edited by jacee

21 minutes ago, jacee said:

Just fine so far! The only problem has been the stupid and disturbed white supremacists showing off their extremist idiocy.

So Arab Muslims can integrate fine into Canada but not into Arab Muslim countries, is that it?

In Canada, Syrian people are getting jobs and opening businesses, integrating into the country.

Most Syrians are unemployed and on welfare. The few that are working  are almost all doing minimum wage jobs.

Turkey can't integrate 3.6m refugees.

Oh? Why not? Turkey's population is well over twice Canada's and Canada's government plans to take in more than 1.5 million immigrants and refugees over the next five years. Given how much harder it will be for Arab Muslims to integrate to a modern, western Christian country it should be a breeze for them to integrate into Turkey.

Kinda stupid, but what I expect from a NIMBY white supremacist like you, whose opinions are not even worth consideration.

You haven't explained how I'm a white supremacist, you shrill, brainless Marxist idiot. You just throw that word out at anyone who disagrees with your moronic religious devotion to ever greater immigration.

Edited by Argus

51 minutes ago, Argus said:

So Arab Muslims can integrate fine into Canada but not into Arab Muslim countries, is that it?

Most Syrians are unemployed and on welfare. The few that are working  are almost all doing minimum wage jobs.

Oh? Why not? Turkey's population is well over twice Canada's and Canada's government plans to take in more than 1.5 million immigrants and refugees over the next five years. Given how much harder it will be for Arab Muslims to integrate to a modern, western Christian country it should be a breeze for them to integrate into Turkey.

You haven't explained how I'm a white supremacist, you shrill, brainless Marxist idiot. You just throw that word out at anyone who disagrees with your moronic religious devotion to ever greater immigration.

Hahahahaha! 

Well, it's true of many of the posters here, you most obviously.

If I was a Marxist, I wouldn't be ashamed to admit it. (But I've never even read Karl Marx. Lol)  

But white supremacists always deny being white supremacists. Why are you ashamed of it? 

Syrians are integrating very well into Canadian society. You quoted some 3 year old data from the time they were still arriving. Your data is not accurate.

If you expect Turkey to integrate the 3.6m refugees already there, then I guess we could be taking a whole lot more. 1.5m immigrants and refugees over 5 years is only 300,000 per year. That's no biggie. 

Of course, the best ways to reduce people's need to migrate worldwide is to stop subsidizing fossil fuels:

- reduces climate-related  migration (a factor in Syrian instability)

- reduces invasion and destabilization of countries for their oil. (the main factor in Syrian instability) 

Syria is just an example. But many other waves of immigration (after the second world war waves) were caused by US wars of aggression for oil and minerals - wars that were deviously instigated to destabilize countries and take control of their natural resources for private profit, causing people to flee. 

Fix that. 

Edited by jacee

38 minutes ago, jacee said:

Hahahahaha! 

Well, it's true of many of the posters here, you most obviously.

If I was a Marxist, I wouldn't be ashamed to admit it. (But I've never even read Karl Marx. Lol)  

Every policy you advocate is derived from Marxism. It's all about punishing and silencing your enemies, and taking money away from the upper classes you hate and giving it to others, as well as taking power away from the 'white establishment' to give to various identity groups. Your knee-jerk anti-Western, anti-capitalist sentiments are entirely derived from Marxism. You might not be smart enough to read Marx but you advocate Marxism nonetheless.

But white supremacists always deny being white supremacists. Why are you ashamed of it? 

Maybe they deny it because of your habit of using it as a blanket pejorative towards anyone who disagrees with your hard left authoritarian stances on identity issues.

Syrians are integrating very well into Canadian society.

You have no evidence of that whatever.

If you expect Turkey to integrate the 3.6m refugees already there, then I guess we could be taking a whole lot more. 1.5m immigrants and refugees over 5 years is only 300,000 per year. That's no biggie. 

It's the same amount, population wise, as you say Turkey can't possibly integrate. In fact, Canada, half the population of Turkey, will bring in more than three million immigrants and refugees over the next ten years. These are mostly people who don't speak the language, have a different alphabet, and have entirely different customs, values and religions. If you think Turkey, which shares most of those with Iraq and Syria can't integrate these people than Canada certainly can't integrate the ones we're taking.

Of course, the best ways to reduce people's need to migrate worldwide is to stop subsidizing fossil fuels:

Drivel with no substance.

6 hours ago, Argus said:

I seem to agree with this statement. I find it hard to believe Syrian refugees who are mostly unable to speak English or French suddenly integrated and got good jobs so soon. In my view immigrants from third world countries in particular Middle East take longer if not much longer to integrate than Europe or South America. 

5 hours ago, jacee said:

Syria is just an example. But many other waves of immigration (after the second world war waves) were caused by US wars of aggression for oil and minerals - wars that were deviously instigated to destabilize countries and take control of their natural resources for private profit, causing people to flee. 

Fix that. 

Why is that the US gets always the blame? How about massive Russia"s crimes? These Syrian refugees are the victims of Russian crimes in Syria for propping up the murderous regime of Assad and so many thousands are dead and millions are refugees. Please get the facts right before posting.