How dangerous is Trump?

19 hours ago, betsy said:

Have you thought of Mccain?   Someone was saying it could be McCain - before he died. :lol:

Now that does make real sense because that traitor to America hated Trump. Thank gawd that moron has gone to the other side. Hopefully the hell side. At least Trump does not have to deal with that traitor misfit anymore. One less swampster for Trump to have to waste his time with. Yahoo. 

16 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Agreed...now they are obsessing on two presidents from another country.   Trudeau must be bad for CBC ratings.

Lucky for the CBC that the Canadian taxpayer's are being forced to fork over hundreds of thousands of their tax dollars to keep those so called idiot leftist lieberals alive and well and employed and to get paid to constantly attack Trump every day. What a sham. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, taxme said:

Lucky for the CBC that the Canadian taxpayer's are being forced to fork over hundreds of thousands of their tax dollars to keep those so called idiot leftist lieberals alive and well and employed and to get paid to constantly attack Trump every day. What a sham. 

There was a time when CBC Radio was truly a thing to be admired...especially back when it was mainly on AM and could reach pretty much anywhere in Canada. Those days are long gone. No more Peter Gzowskis or Arthur Blacks....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

There was a time when CBC Radio was truly a thing to be admired...especially back when it was mainly on AM and could reach pretty much anywhere in Canada. Those days are long gone. No more Peter Gzowskis or Arthur Blacks....

Max Ferguson on a Sunday morning...

9 hours ago, Don Jonas said:

I was fortunate enough to have a respectable mother who taught me not to lol at people dying or looking sick. I thank God for that.

I was fortunate enough to have  respectable parents who taught me not to be too quick to judge at people....what more when there are those who specialize in law, who say the person (Kavanaugh in this case), isn't guilty of what he's being accused of.  Thou shalt not bear false witness.

I thank God for that.

Btw, Bush-Chenney was referring to Ginsburg - who was expected to retire at the time of Obama (which would've been helpful to Obama as it would've given him the opportunity to appoint her replacement).  Instead, pundits are anticipating her retirement could very likely happen while Trump is sitting president - she's now 85 years old.

There is a difference between laughing at people and laughing at situations/circumstances.   It's the situation the Dems find themselves in with Ginsburg that's funny.  We haven't seen desperately desperate, yet.  We might - if Ginsburg retires soon.

Even God has a sense of humor.  Why do you think God named Abraham's son, "Isaac?"  It has to do with laughter.   Because his mother laughed when God told them she'll bear a child with Abraham.  She laughed at their situation - their age!

Genesis 18

10 Then one of them said, “I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son.”

Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him. 11 Abraham and Sarah were already very old, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing. 12 So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, “After I am worn out and my lord is old, will I now have this pleasure?”

13 Then the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really have a child, now that I am old?’ 14 Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

15 Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.”

But he said, “Yes, you did laugh.”

Poverbs 17:22

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Genesis 21:6

And Sarah said, “God has made laughter for me; everyone who hears will laugh over me.”

I thank God for............. humor.

Do you think the Dems would want Ginsburg to retire any time soon?  I don't think you do, either.  :lol:

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Do you think the Dems would want Ginsburg to retire any time soon?  I don't think you do, either.  :lol:

Nope, and that is exactly the point to be made.  RBG now finds herself with the burden of carrying on to protect a liberal Supreme Court seat no matter how old she is.   CNN films recently ran her biography complete with personal trainer and strength conditioning to keep her going.    Pump that iron Ruth !!

The Democrats already outsmarted themselves when they had a Senate majority for voting on nominations, something Trump will be able to exploit...again.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

I still recall drifting alone under the stars 20 miles offshore listening to cbc radio. The nearest human beings were just lights bobbing on the horizon and the faint hiss of static in the background really underscored the sense of distance and isolation.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:34 AM, Boges said:

Then why not ban people from Saudi Arabia? 

Also I wish people would stop thinking opposition to Trump automatically means support for Trudeau, I think JT is a uselss politician that governs on his feels, much like Trump actually. 

Cw1mUoKVEAAap9C.jpg

It's this Black and White my team your team philosophy that's making people mindless idiots. 

It’s too hard to put Saudi Arabia in with the same group because they have the carefully cultivated outward appearance of being respectable. 

They are misogynistic but they don’t openly advocate terrorism. Their inclusion on the list would take credibility away from the list imo.

On 9/7/2018 at 4:43 PM, Don Jonas said:

So the only example of a "lie" you could site was them saying it is Trump's policy to separate children and families, which it absolutely was? I thought you said you gave lots of examples?

There are two more examples right above that. That’s 3 if I’m not mistaken lol. 

Re: my inclusion of the other two topics as “lies”....the fine line between “spinning” and “lying” is crossed when the insinuation of something as serious as the accusation of treason is made in all seriousness when it is known to be a lark. And news channels shouldn’t be spinning any more than they should be lying. 

How important is it for the media to “NOT TELL LIES”? If they’ll lie straight to your face about these things then what makes you think they’re ever going to tell you the truth when it runs against their narrative? Why do they even have a “narrative” in the first place?

It’s time to re-evaluate the way you think about “the news”. The National is not really news, it’s CBC’s opinions with some accompanying facts. Facts that don’t support their opinions won’t be covered at all, or they’ll get the barest of mentions along with some insinuations about their legitimacy and that’s it. Eg, Duffygate was 3 years of headline coverage. Trump-Russia collusion ditto. Both have no actual traction. IRSgate and FBIgate on the other hand are extremely serious topics with mounds of actual evidence and no news coverage. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2018 at 8:02 PM, Michael Hardner said:

1)  You are utterly fascinating.  Have you heard about Deep Throat ?  Watergate ?  If you have heard those terms, then Woodward deserves a smidge of credit.

2)  Hannity's a muck raker in the old style.  It doesn't matter what his "track record" is because his massive army of followers doesn't care.  They are fans of his like Justin Beebs fans and he can do no wrong.

I get that you have arrived on the scene of politics with no knowledge nor interest what has come before, and you are here to piss on all that has happened.  And that, too, is ok.  Your point of view is not important, only that there are millions of you.

I don’t care about anyone’s track record of previous “successes”, when they lose their credibility it’s just gone like anyone else’s would be.

Why would I care about what Lisa LaFlamme did 8 years ago? I know now that she’s a fraudster. If she won awards 8 years ago that doesn’t carry any water. 

The tough thing about journalism is that when your integrity is gone it gets backdated to the beginning of time. It’s not like being a hockey player or something, where your previous accomplishments still count even when you can’t compete anymore. Or it is like an athlete of the Ben Johnson variety.

Right now Hannity is on point.

If the day comes that Hannity is a cheap huckster of anonymous trash then his integrity will be shot and his show will cease to have meaning. Woodward can keep his accomplishments, Hannity will have this FBIgate feather in his cap, but neither will trusted to opine about the issues of the day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

...The tough thing about journalism is that when your integrity is gone it gets backdated to the beginning of time. It’s not like being a hockey player or something, where your previous accomplishments still count even when you can’t compete anymore. Or it is like an athlete of the Ben Johnson variety.

Agreed....CBS' "respected"  reporter and news anchor Dan Rather had to resign in disgrace because of "fake news" backed up by fake documents about George W. Bush during the 2004 election.    Rather felt that his mission to bring down a president was so important, his end justified the means.   Unfortunately for him (and CBS), the forged documents used Microsoft Word fonts/spacing that did not exist when they would have been typed by an IBM Selectric typewriter...so "fake news".

With the internet and social media, the old guard "journalists" can no longer control the narrative, and with severe pressure for more content, several more have been caught flat out lying (e.g. Brian Williams in Iraq).   Print media like the NYT has been busted on several occasions as that industry comes under severe pressure and lost of advertisers.

Donald Trump was able to seize upon the decline of hard news media credibility and the rise of entertainment / celebrity reporting.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

There are two more examples right above that. That’s 3 if I’m not mistaken lol. 

Re: my inclusion of the other two topics as “lies”....the fine line between “spinning” and “lying” is crossed when the insinuation of something as serious as the accusation of treason is made in all seriousness when it is known to be a lark. And news channels shouldn’t be spinning any more than they should be lying. 

How important is it for the media to “NOT TELL LIES”? If they’ll lie straight to your face about these things then what makes you think they’re ever going to tell you the truth when it runs against their narrative? Why do they even have a “narrative” in the first place?

It’s time to re-evaluate the way you think about “the news”. The National is not really news, it’s CBC’s opinions with some accompanying facts. Facts that don’t support their opinions won’t be covered at all, or they’ll get the barest of mentions along with some insinuations about their legitimacy and that’s it. Eg, Duffygate was 3 years of headline coverage. Trump-Russia collusion ditto. Both have no actual traction. IRSgate and FBIgate on the other hand are extremely serious topics with mounds of actual evidence and no news coverage. 

You misrepresent more than the media ever does. To say the Russia investigation has no traction is an outright lie.

On 9/9/2018 at 11:52 AM, DogOnPorch said:

The CBC should stay out of politics. The CBC is very anti-conservative. They should abolish the CBC news department. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Don Jonas said:

You misrepresent more than the media ever does. To say the Russia investigation has no traction is an outright lie.

The new right stole the idea of the 'big lie' from the Marxists who stole it from the Nazis.  How many indictments now ?  The president indicating that he won't testify because he will fall into a perjury trap ?

The Republican party has openly declared themselves uninterested in ethical behaviour.

9 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It’s too hard to put Saudi Arabia in with the same group because they have the carefully cultivated outward appearance of being respectable. 

They are misogynistic but they don’t openly advocate terrorism. Their inclusion on the list would take credibility away from the list imo.

A large percentage of the 911 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia. 

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

The new right stole the idea of the 'big lie' from the Marxists who stole it from the Nazis.  How many indictments now ?  The president indicating that he won't testify because he will fall into a perjury trap ?

The Republican party has openly declared themselves uninterested in ethical behaviour.

There is no need for Trump to go have a little chat with the Mule because the Mule has nothing on Trump. But what I am waiting for is the day when the Mule has Hillary and Obama finally in his cross hairs and puts her under oath and starts to question her on her dealings with the Russians. Will she commit perjury herself then? One can only hope she does. Orange will look good on her. 

Too late for that. The dumbocrats have already beaten the Republicans to the finish line on the matter of ethical behavior. The dumbos have already declared that they are themselves the masters at being unethical and so much more bad stuff. :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Saudi Arabia is a terrorist country and why are they not being made accountable for their involvement in 9/11? Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 but yet that country got bombed to hell by Israel and the Americans. If only the real and true story could come out about 9/11. Would the shit ever hit the fan then. But for now the lies continue on. Aw well. 

3 minutes ago, taxme said:

There is no need for Trump to go have a little chat with the Mule because the Mule has nothing on Trump. But what I am waiting for is the day when the Mule has Hillary and Obama finally in his cross hairs and puts her under oath and starts to question her on her dealings with the Russians. Will she commit perjury herself then? One can only hope she does. Orange will look good on her. 

Too late for that. The dumbocrats have already beaten the Republicans to the finish line on the matter of ethical behavior. The dumbos have already declared that they are themselves the masters at being unethical and so much more bad stuff. :D 

The only way Hillary would go to prison is if she suddenly became a Republican. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Don Jonas said:

OK, tell me something about Trump-Russia colllusion that justifies the investigation then Don Jonas.

What progress has been made in the last two years? 

All I see is a lot of dark clouds and no lightning.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boges said:

True, but countries like Syria, Iraq, etc have so many terrorists that they run the show. 

It's hard enough to convince people in California, NY and Washington State (the 9th circuit lol) that there are a lot of terrorists in Syria, where they were broadcasting the fact that they were beheading journalists, committing genocide, and overpowering the Syrian gov't. You could never convince them that there are terrorists in a country with a stable government.

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

OK, tell me something about Trump-Russia colllusion that justifies the investigation then Don Jonas.

What progress has been made in the last two years? 

All I see is a lot of dark clouds and no lightning.

35 indictments and the report isn't out yet. You don't know what's going on until the report is out, but there are already 35 indictments and he hasn't even submitted the report. 

Seeing Trump practically admit he is a subservient puppet in Helsinki was enough evidence for anyone with half a brain.