Is this really racism

A woman in Ontario goes into a clinic and asks for a white doctor. The request for one apparently failed and she eventually left. The incident was put on Facebook. CTV news got wind of this, and actually were able to track this woman down and found out where she lived. Wow? The liberal media actually took the time and bother to go track her down because, hey, we may just have found ourselves a racist story here to report and decided that this white woman needs to be put in her place. How dare a white woman ask for a white doctor. Anyway they approached her residence but she would not answer her door, and rightly so. Those so-called left wing liberal fake reporters were there to make trouble for this woman, and nothing more because here in Canuckistan to be a racist is worse than being a radical muslim terrorist. I wonder if an Asian wanted to see an Asian doctor would this have become the big racist story of the day? I doubt it very much. The far left fake liberal media in Canada are only really concerned about reporting on anything a white Christian straight conservative may say that would appear to be a racist comment. Then  the phony media go into action, and try to make a mountain out of a mole hill, and the world must hear about this. I am surprised that it hasn't made headlines in America or Europe yet. I see nothing wrong with this woman asking for a white doctor. It does not have to mean that she is a racist but that she for whatever reason preferred to see a white doctor. The benefit of the doubt must be given to her. As we all should know by now the media of course was trying to look for the racist side of the event, and nothing more. Pathetic losers.  

It has made headlines in England - I saw the video from the Daily Mail feed I think.  I'm sorry your sensibilities have been offended, but maybe now you can wake up to see that people find these views unacceptable.  I think you may have learned something outside whatever bubble you get your news from.

It does not have to mean that she is a racist but that she for whatever reason preferred to see a white doctor. The benefit of the doubt must be given to her. 

There's no whatever reason here.  There's no doubt.  She was clearly stupid, and yes racist.  Sorry but people just don't share your views anymore.  You can open your eyes to that, or blame the media for it - that's your choice.

Its actually the literal definition of racism. Its prejudice / discrimination. There's only two possible reasons for that request... Either she thinks white doctors are superior, or she just doesn't like non-white doctors. Both suit the literal definition of racism.

2 minutes ago, dre said:

Its actually the literal definition of racism. Its prejudice / discrimination. There's only two possible reasons for that request... Either she thinks white doctors are superior, or she just doesn't like non-white doctors. Both suit the literal definition of racism.

Some will defend her by saying she only wanted someone who speaks English.

As if only white people speak perfect English. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Hydraboss said:

I wonder how people would react if they went into the Grey Nuns hospital in Edmonton (Millwoods) and watched the east Indian women who will ONLY see an east Indian doctor.  Would that be perceived as "racist" or a "cultural" thing?

I think people would for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Hydraboss said:

I wonder how people would react if they went into the Grey Nuns hospital in Edmonton (Millwoods) and watched the east Indian women who will ONLY see an east Indian doctor.  Would that be perceived as "racist" or a "cultural" thing?

Or women who will only see a woman doctor because their religion forbids male doctors.  This was a problem in Fort Mac.  There were no women doctors at the time.

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Or women who will only see a woman doctor because their religion forbids male doctors.  This was a problem in Fort Mac.  There were no women doctors at the time.

Alright, well if that's the case don't go to a Walk-In Clinic. Pick your Family doctor and use them. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Alright, well if that's the case don't go to a Walk-In Clinic. Pick your Family doctor and use them. 

I'd love to, if I had one, don't care who or what they are.  2 year wait list and no hope in sight...   I'll take anyone at this point.  Would prefer female tho, now I think about it.

So what if some people find her request unacceptable....the police were called and found that no crime had been committed.

If a white doctor had been available the clinic would have likely responded to her request, just like other patients make specific gender and language requests.

Snowflakes may have smart phones and social media, but they do not own people's minds or voices.

18 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So what if some people find her request unacceptable....the police were called and found that no crime had been committed.

If a white doctor had been available the clinic would have likely responded to her request, just like other patients make specific gender and language requests.

Snowflakes may have smart phones and social media, but they do not own people's minds or voices.

Has anyone here claimed it's a crime. We've just claimed it's racism. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Has anyone here claimed it's a crime. We've just claimed it's racism. 

Lots of things in Canada are racism...with government support.  

Why pick on this women ranting in a clinic to get what she wants, as others do ?

Her freedom of expression is protected, just like the offended snowflakes.

I know three women who have had problems with foreign born doctors who basically patted them on the head and told them not to worry their pretty little heads about anything because it wasn't important. Unsurprisingly, these doctors were from countries which are extremely paternalistic towards women, their rights, and their concerns. So they simply dismissed their complaints as unimportant. Then, too, though we don't keep track of medical malpractice here the way they do in the UK, I have to wonder just how good some of these foreign doctors are. Our government, of course, would never be so crass as to tell us.

FOREIGN doctors made up three quarters of those struck off the British medical register between 2010 and 2015, according to official figures.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/661899/NHS-recruitment-crisis-three-quarters-doctors-struck-off-from-abroad

• Like 1