Is this really racism

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Unfortunately you regularly source extremely biased sites to try and back up your "facts" Try reading something other than breitbart of reddit.

Who says that they are all extremely biased? You? Who are you? I am pretty sure that the websites that you like to visit are pretty much biased also. Sorry that I had to mention that and burst your snowflake bubble. At least the websites I have mentioned don't spread lies, just facts, and they can back their facts up. I do read something else, and I have mentioned many other websites to you here many times. Apparently, Breitbart seems to be one of your favorites. A great source for facts alright. You must visit it a lot. 

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Once again you make no sense, why would I visit a site I scorn for it's bias and inaccuracy?

You scorn that website because of it's non-bias and accuracy approach to reporting the real and true facts. 

3 hours ago, taxme said:

Chuckle-chuckle. 

Here ya go.

sic1

sik/

adverb

used in brackets after a copied or quoted word that appears odd or erroneous to show that the word is quoted exactly as it stands in the original, as in a story must hold a child's interest and “enrich his [ sic ] life.”.

ya go.

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎23 at 9:34 AM, jacee said:

Yes this is really racism. What amazes me is that people who make a personal choice to openly practice racism get so upset when people identify it as racism. Either do it or don't do it, but don't do it and then deny it! Embrace your racism! Lol

Aren't you the guy who said he harasses women wearing hijabs in shopping malls?

BTW, they told her she could have a white doctor at 4pm. She didn't want to wait, and made a big scene.

Be fair. You do not know that. You do not know this woman and whether her discrimination was based on fear of a past bad experience and an inability to distinguish with other doctors in the present tense who look similar or if its genuine out and out hatred of people simply because of their skin colour or  ethnicity.

You don't. You think you know. You knee jerk and slap the racism label. .

The woman clearly was in a state of panic and not thinking rationally. Putting politically incorrect labels on her is too easy.

With due respect Ssimply labelling people racist shuts down the discussion as to why people discriminate and what we can do to prevent it. We are so busy labelling people precisely to shut down discussion.

The media exploited this woman in a weak moment. It was not a news story. It did not belong in the news.

Each day people ask what these lady did with and without panic. Its happening all the time and some of you act like its a novelty. People have subjective preferences based on many things. If they are based  on hateful preconceptions then yes we should challenge them but none of you know this woman and what precipitated her as some of you call it tantrum. Where do any of you get off calling her racist or having  tantrum? None of you know her. Which one of you has never in a state of anxiety said something stupid?

It happens in each and every aspect of life with all of us. Stop lumping her in with people who deliberately choose to spread a hate agenda.

I just don't see how calling this woman names and labelling her a racist properly understands what triggered her to say what she did.

Some of you are engaging in the same preconceived stereotypes of her as you accuse her of engaging in..

• Like 2

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎23 at 3:30 PM, Wilber said:

Having the right to say something also means others have the right to call you out for what you say. 

Yes but it doesn't mean what people say is accurate. Assuming her motives were based on race hatred with out getting the full story is wrong.

The press set her up and exploited her. She had what some on this thread are calling a "tantrum" and what many mothers or parents have had, anxiety or panic attacks over their children.

When a mother is afraid for her children her adrenaline can pump into over drive. Father's too.

Look, I worked in clinical settings with many people losing it. Maybe this is why I don't jump with the label but I can tell you, health care providers, social workers, professionals of all colours and ethnicities deal with this daily. We deal with it. If we assumed all these people were hateful and  bigoted nothing woul get done. We learn to transcend it and see such people as in a state of panic and treat them accordingly. That is all I am saying.

This was not a situation as many of you assume of a woman making a pre-meditated, cold blooded, calm decision.

I have had  people spit at me and a day later a month later apologize. It happens man.

Visible minority doctors and nurses treat such people every moment of the day and wade through this stuff and because of that the very same people you guys are calling bigots learn to trust them. Its life. Its the very essence of medical care, dealing with irrational fears. Are such fears something to turn into political issues. I say no.

This was a health issue. This was not a woman running for office on a hate message. Her panic was a mix of feeling unable to help her child and being afraid of people she did not understand and because she did not have the ability to differentiate. Those of you morally judging her should take a look at your own subjective preferences.

I hate it when the press and the public stick their noses into private medical issues that had to be resolved and are resolved every day between patient and provider.

50 minutes ago, Rue said:

Be fair. You do not know that. You do not know this woman and whether her discrimination was based on fear of a past bad experience and an inability to distinguish with other doctors in the present tense who look similar or if its genuine out and out hatred of people simply because of their skin colour or  ethnicity.

The woman clearly was in a state of panic and not thinking rationally. Putting politically incorrect labels on her is too easy.

With due respect Ssimply labelling people racist shuts down the discussion as to why people discriminate and what we can do to prevent it. We are so busy labelling people precisely to shut down discussion.

The media exploited this woman in a weak moment. It was not a news story. It did not belong in the news.

Each day people ask what these lady did with and without panic. Its happening all the time and some of you act like its a novelty. People have subjective preferences based on many things. If they are based  on hateful preconceptions then yes we should challenge them but none of you know this woman and what precipitated her as some of you call it tantrum. Where do any of you get off calling her racist or having  tantrum? None of you know her. Which one of you has never in a state of anxiety said something stupid?

It happens in each and every aspect of life with all of us. Stop lumping her in with people who deliberately choose to spread a hate agenda.

I just don't see how calling this woman names and labelling her a racist properly understands what triggered her to say what she did.

Some of you are engaging in the same preconceived stereotypes of her as you accuse her of engaging in..

Well thought out and well said. Thank you! If I could give it multiple likes, I would.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Well thought out and well said. Thank you! If I could give it multiple likes, I would.

Thank you. Appreciated. The world is nuts all these friggin labels. Final straw....U of Toronto having a graduation for blacks only. What the phack

is happening with all this correctness? People have stopped thinking and just slap the intolerant labels in the same of tolerance.

52 minutes ago, Rue said:

Thank you. Appreciated. The world is nuts all these friggin labels. Final straw....U of Toronto having a graduation for blacks only. What the phack

is happening with all this correctness? People have stopped thinking and just slap the intolerant labels in the same of tolerance.

That's amazing. Ironically, it only pulls us farther apart.

4 hours ago, Rue said:

Read the articles. This was the second place she dragged her son with chest pains, and demanded a white doctor.

They told her one would be in at 4pm.

Then she let lost it.

Racism is racism. 

On 2017-6-23 at 2:02 PM, blackbird said:

The woman in question asked for a white doctor.  The request was denied because the patient is not treated with dignity or respect but is just another number to be processed.

The liberal media love this kind of thing where they can put the spotlight on anyone or anything that might be interpreted as racism or bigotry.

The request was not denied, but there wasn't one there until 4pm.

With her racist tirade, she put the spotlight on herself.

8 hours ago, jacee said:

Read the articles. This was the second place she dragged her son with chest pains, and demanded a white doctor.

They told her one would be in at 4pm.

Then she let lost it.

Racism is racism. 

You just proved the very point I made. If it was simply racism, she would have left and come back at 4 pm. or gone some place else where there was a white doctor or to the hospital. Not everything is as black and white as you may think you see it. 

7 hours ago, jacee said:

The request was not denied, but there wasn't one there until 4pm.

With her racist tirade, she put the spotlight on herself.

Slow down. If all she wanted was a white doctor she would have gone to the emergency entrance at any hospital or some place else with a white doctor or come back at 4. You just proved your own assumptions make no sense. What you call a racist tirade others would call a panic attack.

But hey slap that label on.

On 6/24/2017 at 0:15 PM, Omni said:

Unfortunately you regularly source extremely biased sites to try and back up your "facts" Try reading something other than breitbart of reddit.

So, what websites would you like to recommend to me? 

20 hours ago, Rue said:

In Canada we celebrate Black History Month but yet the founding European Caucasian people cannot have a European Caucasian History month declared. There are gay pride parades, Aboriginal Day, Sikhs have parades to celebrate their heritage, and we celebrate Chinese news years. But the true founders of Canada are left out in the wilderness. 

Talk about the racism going on against a certain people in a country that pretends to believe in fighting racism. Multiculturalism(white genocide)is plain and simple a program and agenda created to leave Caucasians out of the picture. Deplorable indeed. :rolleyes:

19 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

That's amazing. Ironically, it only pulls us farther apart.

The programs and agendas of multiculturalism and political correctness has pulled us all apart. Sixty years ago Canada did not have all this bull that is going on today. Back then we all were together. We all just called ourselves Canadian. Now all we get these days is I am an Asian Canadian this and a Sikh Canadian that and on and on and on. We are not a united people but are becoming more like a divided people.  

On 6/24/2017 at 6:51 PM, Omni said:

Here ya go.

sic1

sik/

adverb

used in brackets after a copied or quoted word that appears odd or erroneous to show that the word is quoted exactly as it stands in the original, as in a story must hold a child's interest and “enrich his [ sic ] life.”.

ya go.

Chuckle-chuckle. I enjoy watching the liberals here go bonkers over my atrocious structure of mashed potatoes words, my atrocious so-called careless writing, and I am so atrociously error-prone, and of course not to forget as to how atrocious my grammer is here. Geez, I never thought that I was that atrocious? I wonder how my spelling is going these days here? See any mistakes so far, my liberal school teacher? 

But there are some here who appear to have those same qualities as I am suppose to have but they are never pointed out by those liberals here. I wonder why? Could it be that I am just to politically incorrect and to conservative for them? Me thinks so. Being of those two alone is enough to get me mocked at and attacked for my politically incorrect opinions, and points of view. Liberals can be such a bunch of bigoted and intolerant people of others who do not hold their views on how the world should be. Awwww. 

Not all people can be great orators or great speech writers. But instead of just ignoring such trivial nonsense that quite a few do here also, I am the one to be farted on. Not very kosher. But hey. :rolleyes:

Edited by taxme

I am not sure I understand what the fuss is all about. Any patient has the right to refuse a doctor she or he does not want.

On 6/22/2017 at 10:58 AM, Goddess said:

Or women who will only see a woman doctor because their religion forbids male doctors.  This was a problem in Fort Mac.  There were no women doctors at the time.

In one occasion it involved intimate examination under the belly and I did ask for a male doctor only. I don't think it was because my religion forbids women doctors but rather a personal choice and shyness would have made me very uncomfortable. So, i guess same can be said about me. I think a patient has the right to choose her or his doctor. I don't think the news media should have tracked down the lady who asked for a white doctor. It was her choice and likely she gave up on the best available doctor or best medical care by doing so but again her life, her right and her choice. I think we are taking political correctness too far in the western democracies.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Just now, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I am not sure I understand what the fuss is all about. Any patient has the right to refuse a 

In one occasion it involved intimate examination under the belly and I did ask for a male doctor only. I don't think it was because my religion forbids women doctors but rather a personal choice and shyness would have made me very uncomfortable. So, i guess same can be said about me. I think a patient has the right to choose her or his doctor. I don't think the news media should have tracked down the lady who asked for a white doctor. It was her choice and likely she gave up on the best available doctor or best medical care by doing so but again her life, her right and her choice.

Yes.  I'm of the mind that you can see whichever doctor you are most comfortable with.