Is this really racism

58 minutes ago, Wilber said:

She is basing her request on a persons race. I suppose she has the right to do so but of course that is racist. Doesn't mean people have to accommodate her wish however. Our doctor is Indian. Great guy who is really interested in his patient's ongoing health and loves explaining stuff if you show you are interested. 

I agree. She does have the right to do so regardless of people like yourself who just want to make it appear to be a racist issue. We all know that if a muslim woman wanted to see a muslim woman doctor there would be no story here. Because she is white, it becomes a major news story around the world. Pathetic political correctness liberalism. 

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Or maybe the Clinic she choose to visit had no white doctors in that day. Who's obligation is it to ensure every Walk-In Clinic in the country is staffed by a white doctor? 

Well, isn't this still Canada or have white doctors started to disappear? 

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

I agree. She does have the right to do so regardless of people like yourself who just want to make it appear to be a racist issue. We all know that if a muslim woman wanted to see a muslim woman doctor there would be no story here. Because she is white, it becomes a major news story around the world. Pathetic political correctness liberalism. 

Having the right to say something also means others have the right to call you out for what you say. 

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

If you know a particular doctor in the clinic is gay, is it racist to bigoted to request a different doctor if there are more than one?

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Why? Do you feel they're going to come on to you? 

Well, I would not want a gay doctor to examine me if I knew that he was gay, and I would certainly not want him to give me a rectal prostate check. How would I know if he were doing it as part of his job or will he be enjoying it? Hey, you never know.  

8 minutes ago, taxme said:

Well, I would not want a gay doctor to examine me if I knew that he was gay, and I would certainly not want him to give me a rectal prostate check. How would I know if he were doing it as part of his job or will he be enjoying it? Hey, you never know.  

Would you allow a Hetrosexual woman? 

38 minutes ago, taxme said:

This is why political correctness must go. It interferes with people and what should be their right to say what they want to say without the threat of big brother coming along and wanting to fine or jail the individual. If it appears racist or offends someone's feelings well walk away then. If I don't like the CBC well don't watch it. It's that simple. 

What you term "political correctness" is really nothing more than a social collective conscience. Its POSSIBLE for it to not be there. It has always been there and it always will be. It is a fundamental part of how societies function. If you do or say things that piss off a lot of people they arent going to like it... they are going to shout you down, ostracize you, or historically even boot you out.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Or maybe the Clinic she choose to visit had no white doctors in that day. Who's obligation is it to ensure every Walk-In Clinic in the country is staffed by a white doctor? 

Or maybe they have a policy to not comply with such requests. Who knows. Maybe they fear that if they DO start complying with those requests it will damage their reputation. Who knows... who cares.

10 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) I didn't say anything about you.  Since you're asking, I think most reasonable people would suspect someone who uses the term 'Zionist' media to be a classic old-school racist.  I would defer to @Rue on this topic, as I am sure he has more experience witnessing this kind of testimonial and could provide better context.

2) Yes it is.

3) I'm not.  Just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I'm sensitive about it.

4) Yes, I think you should because you don't add anything useful to the debate.  A snowflake gets offended when his reality is shattered because people find racism offensive, and then blames the Jew-controlled media.

Here's a map of global racial tolerance by country.  It looks like you are in the 1% (to 5%) - congratulations.

http://archive.is/4Il6l

(1)I am still waiting for you to produce something as to where I have said anything racist here other then defending a woman who has a right to see who she wants to see? I only go by what I watch on the internet in regards to zionism, and it certainly does not look good for zionism. If you want to hear more about zionism, then go punch in Brother Nathaniel, and he will explain it all too you. Bro Nathaniel was once Jewish but converted to another religion. Rue and I have had our discussions over zionism already , and we both have not convinced each other as to who is right or wrong. I think that we have agreed to disagree and left it at that, I think. 

(2)Too you yes, too me, no. It's not racist for anyone to ask for a white doctor. 

(3)Ok. Let's leave it at that. 

(4)I guess that is what you would like me to do is just shut up, right? Reason being that I am probably just to politically incorrect for you, right? I ask questions and challenge political correctness and government programs and agendas that you seem to feel that I should just ignore, right? If you do not like anyone that does not speak your lingo, then they should just shut up, right? It would appear quite evident as to who owns the Canadian media. Whether you want to believe it or not is your business. 

Edited by taxme

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

(1)I am still waiting for you to produce something as to where I have anything racist here other then defending a woman who has a right to see who she wants to see?

Don't you think "asking" and throwing a public tantrum are different things? Especially since she laments at the state of the country because she can't find a white doctor at this specific Walk-In clinic. 

Also please cite where in the Canada Health Act that every health care facility has to have a white doctor. 

9 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) I didn't say anything about you.  Since you're asking, I think most reasonable people would suspect someone who uses the term 'Zionist' media to be a classic old-school racist.  I would defer to @Rue on this topic, as I am sure he has more experience witnessing this kind of testimonial and could provide better context.

2) Yes it is.

3) I'm not.  Just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I'm sensitive about it.

4) Yes, I think you should because you don't add anything useful to the debate.  A snowflake gets offended when his reality is shattered because people find racism offensive, and then blames the Jew-controlled media.

Here's a map of global racial tolerance by country.  It looks like you are in the 1% (to 5%) - congratulations.

http://archive.is/4Il6l

It looks to me like I might be in a higher percentage rate from what I saw. Of course they are not including the people who are intolerant but prefer to keep their views and opinions to themselves. Surveys are surveys. It all depends on who is taking the survey and their political leanings. In order to really know what the true percentage is is to ask each and everyone citizen from all the countries of the world to answer honestly as to whether they are tolerant or intolerant towards their countries policies on immigrants and immigration. A big task for sure.

If every Caucasian Canadian were told that 85% of our new immigrants are coming from non-white countries, and told that in time there traditions, heritage and religion would be replaced by non-whites, and their religions,culture,heritage and traditions, I believe that they would most likely respond that this was a little too much, and maybe would like to see that immigration policy change. But hey, you believe what you want to believe, and I will do the same. That is what is good about freedom of speech and belief, we can discuss and debate those issues and events that effect us all as it should be without the government trying to force us into what it wants us to believe and debate.  

45 minutes ago, Boges said:

Would you allow a Hetrosexual woman? 

Hey, no problem there. But I would prefer her to be Caucasian doctor. My choice. So, I guess that must mean that I am a racist now, eh?  Aw well. 

43 minutes ago, dre said:

What you term "political correctness" is really nothing more than a social collective conscience. Its POSSIBLE for it to not be there. It has always been there and it always will be. It is a fundamental part of how societies function. If you do or say things that piss off a lot of people they arent going to like it... they are going to shout you down, ostracize you, or historically even boot you out.

I wish that PC were not there. It will always be there as long as the people of that country allow it too be there. If they believe in freedom of speech then they would want it gone.

So, if blue people are committing more crimes than green people, then I should just not say anything, and be a good politically correct zombie, and stay quite about it, right? 

Yes, and I know that any topics created here will get someone speaking against it, and that is to be expected. The point then becomes as to whether common sense and logic will prevail or whether emotionalism will prevail over the topic involved. There are two sides to every story but one can only be right. 

30 minutes ago, Boges said:

Don't you think "asking" and throwing a public tantrum are different things? Especially since she laments at the state of the country because she can't find a white doctor at this specific Walk-In clinic. 

Also please cite where in the Canada Health Act that every health care facility has to have a white doctor. 

Well, according to the media she was told that there was no white doctor available. Then she obviously got upset and wanted to know why. She may have been noticing in the last few decades that Canada has been changing it's color and did not like what was happening in Canada. But you will have to ask her yourself as to whether she really is a racist or not. If it were in the Canada Health Act it would not be there for very long. Apparently, this woman believes that there should be a white doctor available. But in the new Canada of today that could become difficult in the not to distance future and will be the norm of the day. Hey, you never know. 

46 minutes ago, taxme said:

(1)I am still waiting for you to produce something as to where I have said anything racist here  

(2)Too you yes, too me, no. It's not racist for anyone to ask for a white doctor. 

(3)Ok. Let's leave it at that. 

(4)I guess that is what you would like me to do is just shut up, right? Reason being that I am probably just to politically incorrect for you, right? 

1) I don't think I said you said anything racist.

2) 3) 4) Yes.  It's not that you're to[SIC] PC it's that your thinking has the structure of mashed potatoes and your writing is careless and error-prone.

Edited by Michael Hardner
Rephrasing

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I posted a link that puts about a 5% max on racist views in Canada.  I think that qualifies as significant but not general.

That number seems ridiculously low. Many people don't admit their true feelings when asked such questions, as seen recently with statistics on similar matters.

Seven in ten respondents said there is still “a lot of racism” in Canada. One in five have had racist remarks directed at them. And more than a third said they have made a racist remark in the company of others.

Canada's racial divide: Confronting racism in our own backyard

• Like 1

On 6/22/2017 at 7:52 AM, Hydraboss said:

I wonder how people would react if they went into the Grey Nuns hospital in Edmonton (Millwoods) and watched the east Indian women who will ONLY see an east Indian doctor.  Would that be perceived as "racist" or a "cultural" thing?

Perception notwithstanding, 10$ says its more a cultural and religious thing, in which case my reaction would be to suggest the government accelerate our country's tendency towards greater secularism. Of course that comes with the realization that things aren't change overnight and more likely it'll take a generation or two.

We're you in a hurry or something? 

2 hours ago, taxme said:

I wish that PC were not there. It will always be there as long as the people of that country allow it too be there. If they believe in freedom of speech then they would want it gone.

So, if blue people are committing more crimes than green people, then I should just not say anything, and be a good politically correct zombie, and stay quite about it, right? 

Yes, and I know that any topics created here will get someone speaking against it, and that is to be expected. The point then becomes as to whether common sense and logic will prevail or whether emotionalism will prevail over the topic involved. There are two sides to every story but one can only be right. 

You don't understand... It will be there as long as there are societies made up of humans. It even exists in herds of animals.

There are two sides to every story but one can only be right. 

That kind of binary thinking will make it pretty much impossible to understand the world, and the people around you. A better way to state it in most cases is that both sides are wrong, and the truth isnt black and white but some shade of gray.

15 hours ago, eyeball said:

Perception notwithstanding, 10$ says its more a cultural and religious thing, in which case my reaction would be to suggest the government accelerate our country's tendency towards greater secularism. Of course that comes with the realization that things aren't change overnight and more likely it'll take a generation or two.

We're you in a hurry or something? 

Still equally bad.  She wants a white doctor because of her culture, they want an east indian doctor because of theirs. 

Of course, they might not be so loud about it.

Edited by bcsapper

22 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) I don't think I said you said anything racist.

2) 3) 4) Yes.  It's not that you're to[SIC] PC it's that your thinking has the structure of mashed potatoes and your writing is careless and error-prone.

(1)Well, that is not what I am noticing here. You may have not called me a racist outright but you pretty much have given me the impression that you think I am a racist. 

(2)(3)(4) C'mon, let's not play games here? You just don't like my "mashed potatoes" anti-politically incorrect attitude and opinions. Right or wrong? Again how am I careless with my writing, and error prone? I don't post lies here. I post facts and give the names of websites that will back those facts up. You like to make a lot of accusations but won't back them up. You just attack with more attacks. At least that is what I am reading here. But hey. 

Edited by taxme

1 hour ago, dre said:

You don't understand... It will be there as long as there are societies made up of humans. It even exists in herds of animals.

That kind of binary thinking will make it pretty much impossible to understand the world, and the people around you. A better way to state it in most cases is that both sides are wrong, and the truth isnt black and white but some shade of gray.

It will always be there as long as Canadians allow their rights to freedom of speech be denied. Political  correctness is a danger to that freedom. M-103 is a prime example of that where criticism of Islam is now pretty much against the law or soon will be. And Islam has the backing of the Human Rights Commissions. 5,000 patriotic Canadians just recently had a demonstration on Parliament Hill against Trudeau and his attacks on freedom of speech and his wild and crazy spending of Canadians tax dollars on his pet projects and agendas. One where Trudeau is spending Canadian tax dollars to help pay for other countries towards abortions. This march is only just the beginning of hopefully removing PC from our controlling our every day lives and country. To understand the world is to try and figure out as to who is really running it. Then one can go from there.