Justin Trudeau the Worst PM Since Pierre Trudeau?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, Trudeau is showing some intelligence. He might not be as vacuous as his critics portray. Here's a clip  that shows that we're in good hands on how the steel trade/tariffs work. 

Link: 

Edited by Centerpiece
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, charmersz said:

Maybe one day you can get to ask him a question face to face

He wouldn't give a dam as to what question I would ask him face to face. I am too politically incorrect for his highnessless. 

The short answer is yes, he is worse than his father. They both serve their own political and personal gain agendas as well as polarizing a nation east vs west. When elected as a public servant one should invest in uniting people as one and to serve Canada as a whole. They both fail miserably at serving the nation as one. If one would argue against that Pierre was bad, rallying around the charter of rights and freedoms, please give that some thought.  As that charter serves the current PM magically allowing bills or anything that gets passed in the house to be immediately reviewed and thrown out by a non elected official(judge) that in turn will serve their party ideas regardless of being debated and passed by elected officials. As well it took 40 years to climb out of the recession Pierre created, resulting in high interest rates, ballooning debt from his evident blatant regard for spending(much like what JT is doing). How long will Canada suffer from what JT is currently doing? That answer is too frightening to even ponder for too long. They are both horrific leaders(I despise calling them leaders). So the long answer, Justin continues to emulate his fathers actions as PM, serving his ideologies as well as his fathers. This will result in the worst recession Canada has ever seen, as we have a PM right now only willing to do half the job and not even a good half ass job. This will cripple Canada for decades to come, I just hope Canadians whom are blinded by his do gooder lies of smoke and mirrors will wake up and vote him out next election or feel the wrath of his wake in the coming years. I am personally scared beyond belief. 

1 hour ago, NoCountryForMe said:

The short answer is yes, he is worse than his father. They both serve their own political and personal gain agendas as well as polarizing a nation east vs west. When elected as a public servant one should invest in uniting people as one and to serve Canada as a whole. They both fail miserably at serving the nation as one. If one would argue against that Pierre was bad, rallying around the charter of rights and freedoms, please give that some thought.  As that charter serves the current PM magically allowing bills or anything that gets passed in the house to be immediately reviewed and thrown out by a non elected official(judge) that in turn will serve their party ideas regardless of being debated and passed by elected officials. As well it took 40 years to climb out of the recession Pierre created, resulting in high interest rates, ballooning debt from his evident blatant regard for spending(much like what JT is doing). How long will Canada suffer from what JT is currently doing? That answer is too frightening to even ponder for too long. They are both horrific leaders(I despise calling them leaders). So the long answer, Justin continues to emulate his fathers actions as PM, serving his ideologies as well as his fathers. This will result in the worst recession Canada has ever seen, as we have a PM right now only willing to do half the job and not even a good half ass job. This will cripple Canada for decades to come, I just hope Canadians whom are blinded by his do gooder lies of smoke and mirrors will wake up and vote him out next election or feel the wrath of his wake in the coming years. I am personally scared beyond belief. 

Well said - but you give JT too much credit. He doesn't have the intellect to even contemplate making a decision. He is nothing but a figurehead - unable to speak coherently unless he's reading from a script or just reciting memorized talking points. The country is being run by his longtime friend Gerald Butts along with the same villainous gang that drove Ontario into ruinous deficits and debt. Canadians had hoped for better but his total ineptness has exceeded the predictions of his worst critics. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NoCountryForMe said:

The last i heard kid Trudeau was up in his numbers with the electorate according to a survey taken not too long ago. How did that happen is beyond me. Indeed, Canada cannot have another four years of this prime mistake of yours. The Trudeau's have done a number on this country that can never be really repaired in any way anymore. Even if Scheer did become the next PM for Canada nothing will change at all with him as the PM because I see no difference between Scheer and his conservative party and the Trudeau liberal party one bit. Scheer reminds me of Preston Manning. Boring to listen too. The only option left is the People's Party of Maxine Bernier. At least Bernier is willing to take on our immigration policy and problem. Bernier may be Canada's last hope for a recovery from liberalism and all of it's past and present day programs and agendas that have done nothing good or great for Canada at all. Rather thanks to liberalism I have lost all hope in this country ever getting any better. Canada is not a real and true western country anymore. It is fast becoming a non-western country way to quickly. Just saying.  

17 hours ago, Centerpiece said:

Well said - but you give JT too much credit. He doesn't have the intellect to even contemplate making a decision. He is nothing but a figurehead - unable to speak coherently unless he's reading from a script or just reciting memorized talking points. The country is being run by his longtime friend Gerald Butts along with the same villainous gang that drove Ontario into ruinous deficits and debt. Canadians had hoped for better but his total ineptness has exceeded the predictions of his worst critics. 

I guess that the last name being "Butts" really did work out well for butt head in the end. I believe that liberalism is a terrible disease for anyone to get and it needs to be eradicated today. Liberalism has been very bad on my health and well being. Thank gawd that I have been taking conservatism pills for years now or else I would no doubt be in the loonie bin by now. :D:unsure:

On 11/19/2018 at 3:57 PM, Argus said:

Our hero.

We need not worry. The Toronto Star seems to be gearing up to preemptively declare Trudeau and his party the winners of next year's federal election. I have to admit that I'm a dinosaur who still reads old-fashioned newspapers and when I went through my copy of this morning's Star I was startled to read David Olive's piece 'The Liberals are on track for a big win election day'. Now that the Libs are turning their attention to a business agenda, Olive seems to  believe they've trumped the Scheer's CPC on the only turf (the economy) on which to date it's held the high ground. In concluding Olive's piece, a secondary headline further into the Business section declares that 'Weak Scheer will find himself on the wrong side of history'. Wow. Why even bother holding an election?

Edited by turningrite

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever happened to all those infrastructure projects Trudeau was supposed to be developing to help the economy? I guess he just discovered it was easier to borrow tens of billions and spend that.

It was during the 2015 election campaign that we first heard Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s plan to create the Canada Infrastructure Bank. Three years later, the $35-billion bank is still struggling to find its footing and many Canadians are asking themselves what the purpose of this bank is, if it even has one.

According to its website, the Infrastructure Bank will use federal money to “attract private sector and institutional investment to new revenue-generating infrastructure projects that are in the public interest.” While the Crown corporation boasts that it will help with infrastructure projects that otherwise wouldn’t be built, it will essentially use public money to underwrite loans to protect private investors from losses while putting all the risk on taxpayers

Delays are a central theme of this government’s approach to infrastructure. The Parliamentary Budget Officer reported that the Liberals’ plan is well behind schedule and their $180-billion infrastructure program is not growing the economy as promised.

https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/what-has-trudeaus-infrastructure-bank-achieved-a-recycled-loan-and-millions-in-expenses

Edited by Argus

20 hours ago, Argus said:

Whatever happened to all those infrastructure projects Trudeau was supposed to be developing to help the economy? I guess he just discovered it was easier to borrow tens of billions and spend that.

Delays are a central theme of this government’s approach to infrastructure. The Parliamentary Budget Officer reported that the Liberals’ plan is well behind schedule and their $180-billion infrastructure program is not growing the economy as promised.

https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/what-has-trudeaus-infrastructure-bank-achieved-a-recycled-loan-and-millions-in-expenses

Always good to re-visit the promises that were made - which got him elected:

Liberals promise $10-billion yearly deficits to kick-start economy

The Liberal Party is promising to run deficits of up to $10-billion a year over the next three years, touting a new infrastructure program as the best way to create economic growth and help balance the books by 2019.............................

Conservative Leader Stephen Harper mocked the Liberal proposal as conducive to large deficits and looming tax hikes, urging voters to "stay the course" in the next election.

"We already raised our infrastructure spending in this country by three times what the previous government was doing, and we've done it while balancing the budget and lowering taxes," Mr. Harper said at a campaign stop in Markham. "What these guys will do, what they will do with spending they cannot finance, they will inevitably raise taxes that will hurt Canadians and kill jobs."

Link: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/liberals-propose-modest-deficits-in-order-to-kickstart-the-economy/article26125406/

Edited by Centerpiece

I find the title of this thread odd, considering that it refers to the PM who was voted the greatest in Canadian history.  In that case if Justin does close to as well as his father his legacy is probably pretty safe.  BTW, I am not a Liberal supporter. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, August1991 said:

Justin Trudeau is at 40+ in the polls.

Unless he's a weird Hillary Clinton (and she won a majority of votes), Justin Trudeau will be our next federal PM.

In 2019, with Trudeau Jnr, I reckon that the federal Liberals will win a majority - despite Alberta.

The sooner we get rid of the current opposition leaders, the sooner we get rid of Trudeau.

On 12/7/2018 at 8:39 PM, Iznogoud said:

I find the title of this thread odd, considering that it refers to the PM who was voted the greatest in Canadian history.  In that case if Justin does close to as well as his father his legacy is probably pretty safe.  BTW, I am not a Liberal supporter. 

I think much of the rest of the world is skeptical about JT's leadership qualities in comparison with his more illustrious father. Vanity Fair rates him as an underwhelming heir. All one has to do is listen to Trudeau attempt to speak extemporaneously to understand that he's no intellectual giant nor a competent communicator. He scores a lot of cheap points on his carefully crafted image and to date, in the absence of much substance among the main opposition leaders, he's been given a thumbs up by enough Canadians to gain and possibly to remain in power. To characterize his leadership qualities as underwhelming is in my view being kind to him.

https://torontosun.com/news/national/trudeau-makes-vanity-fairs-list-of-underwhelming-heirs#comments

On 11/24/2018 at 9:46 AM, turningrite said:

We need not worry. The Toronto Star seems to be gearing up to preemptively declare Trudeau and his party the winners of next year's federal election. I have to admit that I'm a dinosaur who still reads old-fashioned newspapers and when I went through my copy of this morning's Star I was startled to read David Olive's piece 'The Liberals are on track for a big win election day'. Now that the Libs are turning their attention to a business agenda, Olive seems to  believe they've trumped the Scheer's CPC on the only turf (the economy) on which to date it's held the high ground. In concluding Olive's piece, a secondary headline further into the Business section declares that 'Weak Scheer will find himself on the wrong side of history'. Wow. Why even bother holding an election?

This is what happens when the conservative party continues to act and want to be seen as the other liberal party in Canada. By putting in Scheer rather than Bernier as leader should show us all that the conservative party is not a real and true conservative party at all anymore. I would have liked to have seen a Trump like conservative lead the conservative party who truly believed in more freedom, less taxes, and less government and less immigration but sadly that did not happen. I don't doubt that the fools out there would put that silly azz feminist prime mistake of yours back in power. Canadians are not well known for their political brightness. The only time most Canadians get involved in politics is at election time and then after that they all go back to life as usual sans politics and with the attitude of who really cares about Canada. My opinion of course. Can you come up with anything better than that? I doubt it. 

We either can vote for tweddle dee or tweddle dumb or give Bernier a shot at it and vote for his party. I mean can Bernier make things any worse than what the liberals and conservatives and the NDP have done to Canada already? If king Trudeau and his queen gets back into power again at the next election he will flood this country with thousands more people from non-western countries who will vote for him because he brought them in. The federal liberals rely on the non-western ethnic vote to win an election. That is how Canada and all politicians will have to work with and by then. All politicians will be forced to court the non-western vote. My vote will not be needed anymore because I will be in the minority just as planned. :( 

Scheer's problem is not that he is too liberal, it is that he is too much of a lightweight.  The Conservatives made the mistake of choosing another climate denier as their leader, despite the fact that most Canadians seem quite aware of climate change, and the NDP made the mistake of not sticking with Thomas Mulcair.  I'm not saying that choosing Jasmeet Singh as leader was not a bold move, but he does not seem to have caught the imagination of the Canadian public.  A weak NDP generally means another Liberal victory. 

On 12/11/2018 at 1:58 PM, turningrite said:

I think much of the rest of the world is skeptical about JT's leadership qualities in comparison with his more illustrious father.

Or in comparison to anyone. I don't think Canada would be getting slapped around by shithole countries like China and Saudi Arabia if Harper was still PM. I don't think the US would have been as condescending and bullying either. No one takes Trudeau seriously, and as a consequence, no one takes Canada seriously.

• Like 1

With Justin Trudeau and the Sunshine Band, Canada has been sent back to the children's table.

Given the sudden dire turn in relations with Beijing, Canada is on the outs with all the superpowers in a way it has seldom been before – if ever. Relations are hostile with Russia, abnormally fractious with Washington, grim with China.

And that denotes a shrinking Canadian presence on the world stage. It means its potential influence is diminished. It means it is more vulnerable on trade, defence and other issues.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-on-the-outs-with-the-global-superpowers-canada-shrinks-from-the-world/

On 12/16/2018 at 5:34 AM, bush_cheney2004 said:

With Justin Trudeau and the Sunshine Band, Canada has been sent back to the children's table.

I read the article you reference and it's quite sobering. Canada's political elites have long been full of themselves about Canada's ability to influence global affairs. And in so doing, they too often forget to take into consideration the interests of actual Canadians. Instead, they hector us and lecture to us. It's kind of shocking that so many people buy into the fluff they sell, which is seldom backed up by anything concrete. I've come to believe that to have any moral influence in global affairs Canada should set an example by withdrawing from the supercilious United Nations and other global gabfests. We should 'just say no' to these moralizing enterprises that allow many countries to hypocritically throw stones at others in defense of virtues the stone-throwers care little or nothing about themselves.

On 12/16/2018 at 5:34 AM, bush_cheney2004 said:

That article actually goes lightly on Trudeau. Although it's debatable whether Canada should have even TRIED to get closer to China, Trudeau soiled the relationship when he went there and tried to lecture them on Human Rights and Gender Equality - and was swiftly sent packing back home. He embarrassed the entire country with his antics in India. He alienated Abe, the Japanese PM all the Pacific Partnership countries by not even showing up for the signing - after Canada indicated we would sign. After Trump had informally agreed to drop the sunset clause in NAFTA at the G20 hosted by Canada - he went on TV saying "Canada would not be pushed around on NAFTA" - infuriating Trump as he was leaving for North Korea. Trudeau had the prefect opportunity to instead wish Trump success on his very important attempt to deal with the North Korean issue. He didn't even find the time to meet with the Belgian royal couple on their visit to Canada. He has demonstrated over and over that his shallowness and arrogance makes it virtually impossible to develop relationships with people of substance.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Centerpiece said:

That article actually goes lightly on Trudeau. Although it's debatable whether Canada should have even TRIED to get closer to China, Trudeau soiled the relationship when he went there and tried to lecture them on Human Rights and Gender Equality - and was swiftly sent packing back home. He embarrassed the entire country with his antics in India. He alienated Abe, the Japanese PM all the Pacific Partnership countries by not even showing up for the signing - after Canada indicated we would sign. After Trump had informally agreed to drop the sunset clause in NAFTA at the G20 hosted by Canada - he went on TV saying "Canada would not be pushed around on NAFTA" - infuriating Trump as he was leaving for North Korea. Trudeau had the prefect opportunity to instead wish Trump success on his very important attempt to deal with the North Korean issue. He didn't even find the time to meet with the Belgian royal couple on their visit to Canada. He has demonstrated over and over that his shallowness and arrogance makes it virtually impossible to develop relationships with people of substance.

Yes, the article does go lightly on Trudeau by attributing Canada's impotence to big-power brutalism rather than to anything in particular the Trudeau government has or has not done. But, nevertheless, Trudeau never stops his preening. A more consequential leader would point out the obvious and admit the (very) limited degree to which Canada can influence global affairs. A more consequential leader would point out that it's the role of Canadian governments to stand up for the interests of Canadians rather than become absorbed in vanity projects. A more consequential leader, in other words, would acknowledge the exigencies of the real world. Canada does not have such a consequential leader.