Justin Trudeau the Worst PM Since Pierre Trudeau?

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I have to agree with you here.  I try to be as progressive as possible without giving away the farm, but while I disagree with Trump’s approach, which I think is foolishly belligerent to allies and xenophobic, I agree with the idea of slowing immigration to get it right and questioning trade deals that have allowed countries to maintain low labour standards in order to keep exports on hyperdrive while also creating unfair barriers to imports.  Trump plays into the nativist anti-“globalist” paranoia when it’s good international rules that will actually save the environment and jobs in developed countries.  We just need better international rules that are respected.  Sovereignty and a certain amount of exceptionalism will probably always exist and a certain amount probably should.  I worry about a mindless open borders approach that fails to recognize that some cultural values are healthier than others and that protecting our own country’s values and traditions is important.  We can’t be naive and we shouldn’t be reckless about spending, as that always results in an austere and right wing backlash.  Think of Mike Harris after Bob Rae in Ontario. 

Your ideas and choice of words is difficult to understand. I think it's because you don't want to come right out and say that you don't want people of colour and people of other religious faiths other than Xtian coming to Canada. Something about international rules? Sovereignty and exceptionalism should exist? Something about open borders because of cultural values? What's that all about?

That which the CPC wants is few or no immigrants to Canada and then if we must suffer a few then they have to be pure white and Xtian. Isn't that pretty well what you were trying to say, but didn't want to be so direct about it? 

The trouble is, they aren't the people in need, you know, because they're not in the countries Nato has bombed.

Trudeau understands that but that's a poor reason to hate him. Scheer understands that it can't be all pure white Xtians, but isn't that a poor reason to love him for it?

Edited by montgomery

58 minutes ago, montgomery said:

If you're not a CPC voter or supporter then what extreme right political party 'do' you support? A local Neo-Nazi party?

Yes, I support the LPC. I used to support the NDP but they insisted in supporting the fascism of the CPC in order to serve their interests. So if you criticize me for being a Liberal, then what party would you suggest I should support?

I think you must be either a closet CPC supporter or something more extreme right. You sure do seem to hate the top ten happiest countries in the world, and Canada taking a place among them. 

Why do you hate immigrants? Or do you just hate those who are Muslim or have a shade darker skin than you? People of the Muslim faith don't want to harm others. But there are a few individual exceptions with people who have had their entire families slaughtered under Canada's/Nato's bombs. Can't we just try to screen those few out? 

I mean, they're not to blame of course but I guess Conservative hate has a point with victims being dangerous. No matter that the US had it coming on 911 because of what it did to a million or more Iraqi people, based on lies.

As I believe any sensible and objective voter should do, I vote differently in elections depending on party platforms and the quality of local candidates. I've been voting for more than four decades, never missing the opportunity to cast a ballot in every federal and provincial (Ontario) election during that period, and have at different times voted for candidates representing all three major political party brands. In the last federal election, convinced that Harper's time was up and utterly unimpressed by Trudeau (my instincts were good there), I voted for the local NDP candidate, whom I quite admire. She lost to a high-profile Lib candidate, which, while unfortunate, didn't surprise me. Even were I more impressed with Trudeau now, which I'm not, I couldn't support the incumbent Lib in my riding as I was utterly unimpressed by a conversation I had with him during the 2015 election campaign when I thought him to be completely out of touch with the struggles of ordinary citizens and taxpayers.

As for my views on immigrants, perhaps you don't read my posts. If you did, you'd know that my own mother was a post-WWII immigrant who moved to Canada after she married my Canadian father. You shouldn't make assumptions about other peoples' views or motives, and in particular you should avoid libeling others with accusations or insinuations of racism or other equally dubious motivations. In any case, your approach leads me to wonder whether you're promoting anti-Caucasian and anti-Christian views? If you actually look at Canadian society objectively, you might figure out, as have many external observers, that it's among the most tolerant in the world. Criticism of Canada's current large-scale immigration program and refugee system is in many instances quite reasonably grounded in the economic costs and impacts associated with these policies. This is an inconvenient reality for those, like goofy Trudeau himself, who simply choose to emotionally, conveniently, lazily and very often inaccurately dismiss such critics as bigots.

Edited by turningrite
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, montgomery said:

Your ideas and choice of words is difficult to understand. I think it's because you don't want to come right out and say that you don't want people of colour and people of other religious faiths other than Xtian coming to Canada. Something about international rules? Sovereignty and exceptionalism should exist? Something about open borders because of cultural values? What's that all about?

That which the CPC wants is few or no immigrants to Canada and then if we must suffer a few then they have to be pure white and Xtian. Isn't that pretty well what you were trying to say, but didn't want to be so direct about it? 

The trouble is, they aren't the people in need, you know, because they're not in the countries Nato has bombed.

Trudeau understands that but that's a poor reason to hate him. Scheer understands that it can't be all pure white Xtians, but isn't that a poor reason to love him for it?

I’m actually quite bored of Caucasian cultures and I enjoy the cultural differences that immigration has brought.  I also love travel and have lived overseas.  Nice try.  What has to be recognized if we want free, open societies like Canada to continue to exist is that some ideologues and religious extremists want to undermine those very freedoms that have created the free, prosperous, multicultural country that we value.  Don’t take anything for granted.  A bankrupted, poorly managed country can swing in the wrong direction fast.  We want Canada to remain free and independent to chart its own course. I’m guessing you’re an atheist, feminist, humanist progressive and want a society that allows for such an outlook?  That’s what we have and need to protect along with freedom of belief and expression in general.  I’m a centrist. 

4 minutes ago, turningrite said:

As I believe any sensible and objective voter should do, I vote differently in elections depending on party platforms and the quality of local candidates. I've been voting for more than four decades, never missing the opportunity to cast a ballot in every federal and provincial (Ontario) election during that period, and have at different times voted for candidates representing all three major political party brands. In the last federal election, convinced that Harper's time was up and utterly impressed by Trudeau (my instincts were good there), I voted for the local NDP candidate, whom I quite admire. She lost to a high-profile Lib candidate, which, while unfortunate, didn't surprise me. Even were I more impressed with Trudeau at this point, which I'm not, I couldn't support the incumbent Lib in my riding as I was utterly unimpressed by a conversation I had with him during the 2015 election campaign when I thought him to be completely out of touch with the struggles of ordinary citizens and taxpayers.

As for my views on immigrants, perhaps you don't read my posts. If you did, you'd know that my own mother was a post-WWII immigrant who moved to Canada after she married my Canadian father. You shouldn't make assumptions about other peoples' views or motives, and in particular you should avoid libeling others with accusations or insinuations of racism or other equally dubious motivations. In any case, your approach leads me to wonder whether you're promoting anti-Caucasian and anti-Christian views? If you actually look at Canadian society objectively, you might actually figure out, as have many external observers, that it's among the most tolerant in the world. Criticism of Canada's current large-scale immigration program and refugee system is in many instances quite reasonably grounded in the economic costs and impacts associated with these policies. This is an inconvenient reality for those, like goofy Trudeau himself, who simply choose to emotionally, conveniently and often inaccurately dismiss such critics as bigots.

I was starting to believe your plea to be accepted as apolitical, or whatever you were trying to do, right up until you called Trudeau goofy. Then I suddenly realized that you are a closet CPC supporter who showed his nose by resorting to his need to get a cheap shot at Trudeau. He's not goofy but I'm quite interested in hearing more of your condemnation of him and the Liberal party on sensible grounds.

I don't pretend, I soundly hate the CPC because they represent greed, extreme rightist capitalism, and far too much in common with US ideals. My support of the LPC is in synce with keeping Canada in the ten most happiest countries in the world. That's what I call socially responsible capitalism. And unlike you, I could never support the CPC because they are always very clear about being opposed to everything and everything to do with social responsibiility.

As to me libelling somebody with charges of racism: I believe I usually get it right because the CPC immigration policy is always tainted with racist bias toward those we allow into our country as immigrants. The CPC, and almost certainly you, only want pure white Xtians. I see that as racism but I'm willing to hear your argument to say it isn't. 

I'm not afraid of my position of being in favour of helping the people in the most need come to Canada. I know it's not popular and the popular opinionn of the CPC and Trump is to exclude Muslims and people with a shade darker skin than pure whities. But I won't be cowed to change my mind for political expediency.

So yeah, the CPC will likely be able to draw on the same lowlife support Trump has capitalized on in that country! And if the Liberals go down for those and my high ideals, then I'll go down with the ship. I was raised to be a decent human being.  

30 minutes ago, montgomery said:

I was starting to believe your plea to be accepted as apolitical, or whatever you were trying to do, right up until you called Trudeau goofy. Then I suddenly realized that you are a closet CPC supporter who showed his nose by resorting to his need to get a cheap shot at Trudeau. He's not goofy but I'm quite interested in hearing more of your condemnation of him and the Liberal party on sensible grounds.

I don't pretend, I soundly hate the CPC because they represent greed, extreme rightist capitalism, and far too much in common with US ideals. My support of the LPC is in synce with keeping Canada in the ten most happiest countries in the world. That's what I call socially responsible capitalism. And unlike you, I could never support the CPC because they are always very clear about being opposed to everything and everything to do with social responsibiility.

As to me libelling somebody with charges of racism: I believe I usually get it right because the CPC immigration policy is always tainted with racist bias toward those we allow into our country as immigrants. The CPC, and almost certainly you, only want pure white Xtians. I see that as racism but I'm willing to hear your argument to say it isn't. 

I'm not afraid of my position of being in favour of helping the people in the most need come to Canada. I know it's not popular and the popular opinionn of the CPC and Trump is to exclude Muslims and people with a shade darker skin than pure whities. But I won't be cowed to change my mind for political expediency.

So yeah, the CPC will likely be able to draw on the same lowlife support Trump has capitalized on in that country! And if the Liberals go down for those and my high ideals, then I'll go down with the ship. I was raised to be a decent human being.  

As you're continuing your strategy of hurling scurrilous insinuations and engaging in 'ad hominem' attacks rather than in rational debate, there appears to be little point in engaging you further. As for goofy Trudeau, it's an observation supported by objective evidence. An editorial published yesterday in the generally pro-Lib Toronto Star advised Trudeau to stop preening and also to treat his opponents' views with more respect. (You might learn something there.) The guy got where he is is on the basis of image far more than substance, one pair of fancy socks and self-absorbed photobomb at a time. When his allies in the media believe his behavior  too often veers into narcissism and superficiality, are those who don't support him likely to think otherwise?

My view about immigration, by the way, is that anybody who wants to come to Canada to work, contribute and integrate is welcome, within the contexts of the capacity of Canada's economy to absorb a reasonable number of immigrants and the requirement that the skills of newcomers match actual economic needs and available opportunities.

Edited by turningrite
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, turningrite said:

As you're continuing your strategy of hurling scurrilous insinuations and engaging in 'ad hominem' attacks rather than in rational debate, there appears to be little point in engaging you further. As for goofy Trudeau, it's an observation supported by objective evidence. An editorial published yesterday in the generally pro-Lib Toronto Star advised Trudeau to stop preening and also to treat his opponents' views with more respect. (You might learn something there.) The guy got where he is is on the basis of image far more than substance, one pair of fancy socks and self-absorbed photobomb at a time. When his allies in the media believe his behavior  too often veers into narcissism and superficiality, are those who don't support him likely to think otherwise?

My view about immigration, by the way, is that anybody who wants to come to Canada to work, contribute and integrate is welcome, within the contexts of the capacity of Canada's economy to absorb a reasonable number of immigrants and the requirement that the skills of newcomers match actual economic needs and available opportunities.

If you see my remarks as accusations then you need to challenge them. If you don't think you have to then you're free to run for cover. I mean really, if the shoe fits wear it! I view the CPC as closet fascist or neo-Nazi, even though they try to keep it hidden. They're no different than Harper after they area able to worm their way back into power. If you're one of them then why not come out of your closet? Trying to pretend you're not is doing nothing but killing the possibility of debate. 

Your hardline Conservative prerequisites on Immigrants to Canada are selfish, biased, and unrealistic. And you half cleverly remain ambiguous on just what it means, and so it is meaningless. There's no potential immigrant on the face of the earth who isn't qualified for 'some' job in Canada. What you're really trying to say is that for you to welcome them they have to be pure white Christians. What else could it be that makes Conservatives selective? And what is this idea of 'integrating' all about? Does that mean they turn into Christians? Does it mean they abandon their native language? Does it mean they abandon their ethnic traditions? Does it mean that they can't celebrate Chinese New Year or Ramadan? Does it mean that they have to wear clothing that most Canadians wear?  What is it that you are trying to say they can and can't do when they come to Canada? WHAT?  I think that what you're talking about is only in the minds of Conservatives and other bigots? WHAT?

Can you answer that for me and prove that you're not a bigot and a racist?

Trudeau doesn't preen, that's ridiculous. What do you have against men who are physically fit and good looking? 

2 hours ago, montgomery said:

Why should Canada be selling arms to anybody? Is there a reason other than profiting on killing people in foreign lands? 

In the case of selling to the evil Saudis it's just useful to the US intentions of starting a war with Iran and destroying that country too. But now that the window of opportunity for the US to bring the entire ME into it's sphere of influence, Russia and China have slammed that window shut and won't allow it to happen. The U.S. understands what M.A.D. means,  and we're back to another Cold War.

1) If Canada doesn't sell them the weapons then someone else will. We need the money now that our idiot PM is killing off entire sectors of our economy.

2) The US understands that you don't need to "start" wars in the middle east, you just need to sell them weapons and they'll do it themselves. And bringing the entire m.e. into your sphere of influence would be like herding cats. Even if you accomplished it momentarily you could just count the minutes before some new group kills off the other groups to seize power, or someone turns on you.

How many different people and groups were trained by the CIA or some other branch of the US military machine, just to eventually become their enemies? Eventually the Kurds will join some army or other to fight against the US. We helped train them too. 

But it's very encouraging so far because Russia/Putin have been able to save Syria's people from another US bombing campaign from 30,000 feet. Syria is out of bounds to further Nato aggression and the US appears to be stalled for a long time at 40 wars of aggression.

You can blame Obama for the policy to oust Assad, and for the rise of islamic state. Or at least for the power vacuum that allowed islamic state to grow. Hate groups spring up in muslim countries faster than sand dunes.

Interesting but not surprising to see that you're on the side of Assad & Putin, and that you're also a Trudeau supporter. The only thing that's giving me any cognitive dissonance is the fact that Trudeau supporters are usually Obama apologists as well. How can you be a Trudeau supporter and yet hate Obama policy? It's like you're a sheep, but maybe a bit lost? You need to tune back in to Al Jazeera for further programming.  

And fwiw Putin/Assad kill people over there too. Don't act like they're innocents compared to the US. LMAO.

If I could just probe the mind of a prominent America hater for a sec.... Why do you think there are still Palestinian refugee camps after 70 years? Obviously the people who fled there could have walked all the way to South Africa and back a few times by now. Israel is only about 1% of the land mass of the Arabian Peninsula and all the other countries there share the same culture as the Palestinians.... Can't they find homes? Millions of Syrians re-settled and that war just started a few years ago. Pakistan was formed at almost exactly the same time as Israel and yet there are no Pakistani refugee camps. Can you explain all that within the context of why we should really hate America and the people of the middle east have a really awesome culture?

3 hours ago, montgomery said:

Why should Canada be selling arms to anybody? Is there a reason other than profiting on killing people in foreign lands?

Why would it be our problem if foreigners kill foreigners? We sell weapons, and what people do with them is not our problem.

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1) If Canada doesn't sell them the weapons then someone else will. We need the money now that our idiot PM is killing off entire sectors of our economy.

2) The US understands that you don't need to "start" wars in the middle east, you just need to sell them weapons and they'll do it themselves. And bringing the entire m.e. into your sphere of influence would be like herding cats. Even if you accomplished it momentarily you could just count the minutes before some new group kills off the other groups to seize power, or someone turns on you.

How many different people and groups were trained by the CIA or some other branch of the US military machine, just to eventually become their enemies? Eventually the Kurds will join some army or other to fight against the US. We helped train them too. 

You can blame Obama for the policy to oust Assad, and for the rise of islamic state. Or at least for the power vacuum that allowed islamic state to grow. Hate groups spring up in muslim countries faster than sand dunes.

Interesting but not surprising to see that you're on the side of Assad & Putin, and that you're also a Trudeau supporter. The only thing that's giving me any cognitive dissonance is the fact that Trudeau supporters are usually Obama apologists as well. How can you be a Trudeau supporter and yet hate Obama policy? It's like you're a sheep, but maybe a bit lost? You need to tune back in to Al Jazeera for further programming.  

And fwiw Putin/Assad kill people over there too. Don't act like they're innocents compared to the US. LMAO.

If I could just probe the mind of a prominent America hater for a sec.... Why do you think there are still Palestinian refugee camps after 70 years? Obviously the people who fled there could have walked all the way to South Africa and back a few times by now. Israel is only about 1% of the land mass of the Arabian Peninsula and all the other countries there share the same culture as the Palestinians.... Can't they find homes? Millions of Syrians re-settled and that war just started a few years ago. Pakistan was formed at almost exactly the same time as Israel and yet there are no Pakistani refugee camps. Can you explain all that within the context of why we should really hate America and the people of the middle east have a really awesome culture?

I'll disregard the babbling and take on at a time. Yes, Obama is largely responsible for the peace in Syria. His red line speech was very deliberate and enabled him to come together with Putin and Assad on the elimination of Assad's chem/bio arsenal. (or for what it was supposed to be?) Thereby cutting the legs out from under US hawks who were in the process of building the provocations for war against Syria. And Obama did it at a time in which Russia's part in the ME and especially Syria was so strategically important. Obama gave license to Russia/Putin to move into Syria, and remain forever as an invited guest. Thereby allowing peace to come to Syria. The US can never again get away with indiscriminate bombing of Syria's civilian population. Therefore, you must see Obama as a traitor to his country.

History has been forever changed by Putin, Obama, and Assad in concert! And the effect is as farreaching as Iran because Iran is now under the protective wings of both China and Russia.

As to Obama being responsible for the rise of the Islamic State. ISIS? ISIL? That's ridiculous, the Islamic State is another term for freedom fighters which were created in the ME with the Gulf War. And that was a big part of the reason for the revenge attack on the US of 911. The US had it coming, but that's another topic altogether.

Putin and Assad kill bad people who are attempting to take over Syria and oust it's legitimate government. Laugh it off at that! It's just another Ukraine or Iraq, which are all US interference in foreign lands. 40 US wars of aggression since WW2 alone! Remember?

54 minutes ago, montgomery said:

Trudeau doesn't preen, that's ridiculous. What do you have against men who are physically fit and good looking? 

I'd think you were being sarcastic but sadly, I think you actually believe what you say! But Monty - you still haven't got back to me:

"Disliking" Justin Trudeau and his competence is not a partisan issue anymore. I personally have gone on record to say that this Liberal Party would have had a much more centrist and reasonable agenda had they elected Marc Garneau as leader. The divisiveness and indeed danger that we face is that Trudeau is so obviously not the leader of our country - but simply a parrot for his un-elected advisers, the main one being Gerald Butts. These two brief videos speak volumes of his competence. Have a look and tell us what you think - I mean really, take off your partisan blinders and tell us if you still think he's becoming one of Canada's greatest Prime Ministers........

Justin Trudeau on Ethics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15-5O4UPM0U

Justin Trudeau on Trade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oedaSfUU0vc

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, montgomery said:

Putin and Assad kill bad people who are attempting to take over Syria and oust it's legitimate government. Laugh it off at that! It's just another Ukraine or Iraq, which are all US interference in foreign lands. 40 US wars of aggression since WW2 alone! Remember?

Get back to us when Trudeau can announce what a success Haiti has been with Canada's continued interventions.    

6 minutes ago, Centerpiece said:

I'd think you were being sarcastic but sadly, I think you actually believe what you say! But Monty - you still haven't got back to me:

"Disliking" Justin Trudeau and his competence is not a partisan issue anymore. I personally have gone on record to say that this Liberal Party would have had a much more centrist and reasonable agenda had they elected Marc Garneau as leader. The divisiveness and indeed danger that we face is that Trudeau is so obviously not the leader of our country - but simply a parrot for his un-elected advisers, the main one being Gerald Butts. These two brief videos speak volumes of his competence. Have a look and tell us what you think - I mean really, take off your partisan blinders and tell us if you still think he's becoming one of Canada's greatest Prime Ministers........

Yeah, I'm already convinced that Justin is going to be one of Canada's greatest Prime Ministers.

To be a great P.M., he has to be an anti-Conservative and he's that. He's the furthest thing from being a fascist and a neo-Nazi and another Trump. Scheer thinks Trump's great. You won't understand. Go help the Conservatives pull the wings off of houseflies. It's a substitute passtime until the next US led war.

18 minutes ago, montgomery said:

Yeah, I'm already convinced that Justin is going to be one of Canada's greatest Prime Ministers.

To be a great P.M., he has to be an anti-Conservative and he's that. He's the furthest thing from being a fascist and a neo-Nazi and another Trump. Scheer thinks Trump's great. You won't understand. Go help the Conservatives pull the wings off of houseflies. It's a substitute passtime until the next US led war.

Monty - it's important for people like yourself to express your thoughts in public  It gives others a good look at another outlier - someone whose thinking is completely different than traditional Liberals and Conservatives who in the past have respectfully agreed to disagree but were really not that far apart.  People may not have agreed with everything that Jean Chretien did - but he had a steady hand and arguably did Canada no harm. The same could be said about Stephen Harper. We are in a different dimension with Justin Trudeau for reasons that are too obvious to explain but are nicely captured in the two videos I shared - and the majority of comments expressed in this thread. But thanks Monty - without views like yours, it validates the rational positions of most people on this board - be they on the Left or the Right. Liberals and Conservatives have alternated for over 150 years in making Canada the country that it is. As I've said - Trudeau's incompetence and being hostage to the ideology of Gerald Butts and others has put Globalism ahead of Canada's best interests. It has run roughshod over the traditional, incremental, pragmatic leadership of traditional Liberal/Conservative governing of the past. Dangerous territory indeed. 

On 1/2/2019 at 1:54 PM, Centerpiece said:

"Disliking" Justin Trudeau and his competence is not a partisan issue anymore. I personally have gone on record to say that this Liberal Party would have had a much more centrist and reasonable agenda had they elected Marc Garneau as leader. The divisiveness and indeed danger that we face is that Trudeau is so obviously not the leader of our country - but simply a parrot for his un-elected advisers, the main one being Gerald Butts. These two brief videos speak volumes of his competence. Have a look and tell us what you think - I mean really, take off your partisan blinders and tell us if you still think he's becoming one of Canada's greatest Prime Ministers........

Duh, unh, well, umm, ah, well, can you imagine four more years of this bumbling prime mistake of Khanuckistan? It will certainly be and without a doubt goodbye Canada forever for sure. None of us here will recognize this country anymore if that fool gets elected again. Marc Garneau is just another leftist liberal and how could any leftist liberal ever do anything right and good for Canada or Canadians. Garneau will be just as bad as Trudeau is today.

This prime mistake of ours will only go down in Canadian history as being one of the most stupidist PM's Canada ever has had just like his communist old man was. Both Trudeau's have done nothing for Canada that anyone can be proud of but they both have done more than enough to try and destroy this once great nation called Canada. It is time to stop electing french leftist liberal leaders from Quebec as prime ministers for Canada. The french have done more than enough of their share to try and make Canada not so great forever, and those videos show us all that we need to know and not have to see anymore about King Trudeau and his princess wife. :(

36 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Justin Trudeau's job approval rating is trending down going into election year 2019.   Trudeau now has a lower polled job approval rating than another foreign leader that some Canadians love to hate.

https://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/leadermeter/

One can only hope that his numbers sink to zero or lower. :D 

1 hour ago, montgomery said:

So, are you able to tell us all as to why you seem to feel and believe that Trudeau is a great PM for Canada and he will go down as the greatest PM of Canada? Give us some good news about the wonders of the King? Go ahead liberal, make your day! :D

2 hours ago, montgomery said:

If you see my remarks as accusations then you need to challenge them. If you don't think you have to then you're free to run for cover. I mean really, if the shoe fits wear it! I view the CPC as closet fascist or neo-Nazi, even though they try to keep it hidden. They're no different than Harper after they area able to worm their way back into power. If you're one of them then why not come out of your closet? Trying to pretend you're not is doing nothing but killing the possibility of debate. 

Your hardline Conservative prerequisites on Immigrants to Canada are selfish, biased, and unrealistic. And you half cleverly remain ambiguous on just what it means, and so it is meaningless. There's no potential immigrant on the face of the earth who isn't qualified for 'some' job in Canada. What you're really trying to say is that for you to welcome them they have to be pure white Christians. What else could it be that makes Conservatives selective? And what is this idea of 'integrating' all about? Does that mean they turn into Christians? Does it mean they abandon their native language? Does it mean they abandon their ethnic traditions? Does it mean that they can't celebrate Chinese New Year or Ramadan? Does it mean that they have to wear clothing that most Canadians wear?  What is it that you are trying to say they can and can't do when they come to Canada? WHAT?  I think that what you're talking about is only in the minds of Conservatives and other bigots? WHAT?

Can you answer that for me and prove that you're not a bigot and a racist?

Well, I was under the impression that people who immigrate to Canada want to become Canadian, and quickly try to assimilate into Canadian culture, and get away from their former culture and life altogether? Otherwise why would they come here then if they want to come here and hang onto and keep their culture? ? Why would anyone want to immigrate to another country and want to keep what they left behind and even try to promote their own culture in another country? If I emigrated to China or India for instance I would expect myself to want to integrate and assimilate into their Chinese or Indian culture and leave mine behind. If I want to be able to have a bit of my own Canadian culture back than I would go back to Canada and go get my dose. 

The only ones that I see and have noticed over the decades is that it is the liberals who are the ones that have no problem with showing their love and desire for showing their bigotry and intolerance and fascism towards anyone who has a different point of view and opinion to their's. All I ever see coming from liberals is their constant attacks and insults towards  conservatives who they disagree with but I have never seen conservatives do the same. Conservatives are willing to talk and debate while liberals only want to throw their weight around and not listen. If Liberalism ever offered humanity anything good at all it would truly be a Jesus miracle. All liberalism seems to want to do is to want to destroy all things normal and decent. 

1 hour ago, montgomery said:

I'll disregard the babbling and take on at a time. Yes, Obama is largely responsible for the peace in Syria. His red line speech was very deliberate and enabled him to come together with Putin and Assad on the elimination of Assad's chem/bio arsenal. (or for what it was supposed to be?) Thereby cutting the legs out from under US hawks who were in the process of building the provocations for war against Syria. And Obama did it at a time in which Russia's part in the ME and especially Syria was so strategically important. Obama gave license to Russia/Putin to move into Syria, and remain forever as an invited guest. Thereby allowing peace to come to Syria. The US can never again get away with indiscriminate bombing of Syria's civilian population. Therefore, you must see Obama as a traitor to his country.

History has been forever changed by Putin, Obama, and Assad in concert! And the effect is as farreaching as Iran because Iran is now under the protective wings of both China and Russia.

As to Obama being responsible for the rise of the Islamic State. ISIS? ISIL? That's ridiculous, the Islamic State is another term for freedom fighters which were created in the ME with the Gulf War. And that was a big part of the reason for the revenge attack on the US of 911. The US had it coming, but that's another topic altogether.

Wow. You don't think that Assad had chemical weapons, but you admit that they used them on people who were the enemies of the Syrian government? 'Splain plz....

And you think that Obama didn't want Assad out? Despite his speech to the UN? Saying directly that Assad had to go?

You think that Obama is a hero for working with Iran, the place where women go to jail for taking off their own hijab, and Russia? Then you must think it would be cool if Trump colluded with Russia? Or you must think that Russia would never collude with Trump because the Russians are friends with the Democrats? OOH plz fill us all in Monty!

Has peace come to Syria? It seems like peace was in Syria before Obama elected. Call me crazy.

So you call islamic state "freedom fighters", and they wanted to win their freedom by beheading journalists and committing genocide against the Yazidis, because the Yazidis were somehow a threat? 

And you say the US "had it coming" for 9/11?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what's going on inside the mind of Trudeau's staunchest supporter here at MLW. Soak it up.

That's why we call him Justa Traitor.

23 hours ago, montgomery said:

The Conservatives get us into this kind of deals with the devil for the money they can make out of them. Then they scream bloody murder when the Liberals want to be honourable and get Canada out of them. The Conservative have no conscience when it comes to evil empires slaughtering people in foreign lands. The lives of people aren't as important to them as the profit they can make off the pro-war death insustry. 

Just ask one!

I will say this about you being here is that you are quite good at stirring up the shit. :lol: 

5 hours ago, montgomery said:

People of the Muslim faith don't want to harm others. But there are a few individual exceptions with people who have had their entire families slaughtered under Canada's/Nato's bombs. Can't we just try to screen those few out? 

Don't lecture us on "the evils of western civilization" vs "the religion of peace" thing unless you want a whole shitload of truth buddy. And don't think you can hide behind bill m-104 or whatever it is either. It's not going to pass the glass houses test.

Did the muslims need to invade India because of Donald Trump? Were they retaliating for NATO bombs while they were in the process of chopping off tens of millions of people's heads? Estimates go as high as 100 million people slaughtered. That's not because of a viral outbreak indiscriminately killing people either, that's heads chopped off. That's a whole lot of evil intent, or else it's "trying not to harm people" gone incredibly wrong.

When Pakistan was formed, did they kill millions of people and systematically rape 300,000 women because they don't like harming people? How evil do you have to be to join that gang?

Did the muslims not invade southern Europe for 400 straight years before the Crusades started, taking slaves and force-converting people? Do you refer to the Crusaders as "Freedom Fighters"? If so, then congrats. 

If there was going to be a "universal symbol of mass systemic rape" would it not be the hijab? Because over the last 14 centuries, all over the muslim world, lack of a hijab has been the cause for the rape and murder of women. 

Like I said, if you want to sit there and paint western culture and America as villains, just be prepared for a whole shitload of truth. 

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

That's all basically a racist rant and ethnic slur against people of the ME. What can one say about that kind of behaviour? So you hate Muslims, so you're a Conservative.

Obama saved Assad. He signed on with Putin to make a deal with Assad to get rid of his chem/bio weapons. Obama surely must have seen the same ploy developing as the US used to get their phony war on Iraq. Claim Assad had the WMD's/chem-bio weapons and then have the world sign onto another US led war on that trumped up cause. So Obama and Putin and Assad agreed and bingo, the excuse for the US planned war evaporated. Now Russia/Putin is in Syria by invitation, peace has come to Syria, the Zionists are going crazy with blood lust, the US doesn't get a war, and Russia isn't leaving. 

If you're a grownup I would be happy to tell you more. But I will say that I'm on the side of Assad and Putin and peace in Syria, just so you'll know! What side are you on? The US and the biggest arsenal in the world of WMD's and chem/bio weapons, and war with Syria and then Iran?

It's people like you that make me so glad that we have countries other than the US with nuclear weapons. It gives us M.A.D. which has saved the world from the US's use of nuclear weapons on the world again.

Edited by montgomery

Justin Trudeau and the Liberals have made quite a mess with China, stumbling and bumbling at every turn.   If the DOA "feminist agenda" wasn't enough to lose any credibility, stupidly arresting a Huawei executive for a U.S. extradition request removed all doubt that this crew is a bunch of rank amateurs.

Canada blunders and dithers its way to a failing grade on China relations

28 minutes ago, montgomery said:

That's all basically a racist rant and ethnic slur against people of the ME. What can one say about that kind of behaviour? So you hate Muslims, so you're a Conservative.

If you're a grownup I would be happy to tell you more. But I will say that I'm on the side of Assad and Putin and peace in Syria, just so you'll know! What side are you on? The US and the biggest arsenal in the world of WMD's and chem/bio weapons, and war with Syria and then Iran?

It's people like you that make me so glad that we have countries other than the US with nuclear weapons. It gives us M.A.D. which has saved the world from the US's use of nuclear weapons on the world again.

Monty, Monty. Maybe you're a troll - or perhaps just a misguided, naive university student - or possibly missing a screw......but if we can teach you anything as a participant of this board - it's that we are all Canadians - and while we might disagree with each other in certain areas, for the most part, we respect the basic values of humanity. Anyone who wants to embrace the values of - as the French say - Liberty, Equality, Fraternity - are welcome here - no matter their colour or religion. Traditional Liberals and Conservatives think the same on these values - they just express them a little differently (until young Trudeau came along). It's what has made Canada strong. Free speech in Canada means your opinions can be voiced - they only serve to validate the need to stick with our values and do our best to wage what seems like a fruitless battle against the intractable views of extremists like yourself. Or of course, we can ignore you.