Another Mass Shooting

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know...it sucks having an infidel that has read the Quran/Hadiths.

Reading selected verses from web sites should not be mistaken for reading a whole book.

Ignoring what the bible and old testament say in their books, does not mean that all of these stupid religions do not preach hate towards homosexuals. The Quran is an extension of the other Abrahamic religions. Only the uneducated would believe otherwise.

We are. Some want to discuss the issue, some just want to troll and crap up the thread. So Kimmy was proven wrong and should have kept the thread locked.

No, I don't think so. I'm having fun.

Some mosque invites an idiot to give a speech. Kimmy then blames this on the "Muslim community". This is the problem. Like everything one Muslim does, represents another Muslim's way of thinking. Or every Muslim needs to apologize for another Muslim's actions.

There are homophobic Jews, homophobic Christians, homophobic Hindus, homophobic atheists, and plenty of homophobic Muslims too. Their common denominator is not their communal membership in any religion but their identical homophobia.

No, the commonality is that while religious Christians and Jews and others might disapprove of something they don't tend to take physical action based on that disapproval. Because they don't want to go to jail or die. They lack the streak of martyrdom which is currently so strong in the Muslim religion, not to mention the rewards for dying in the name of defending or advancing the faith.

By the way, how did the mosque in Mateen's hometown react to the shooting?

"...whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely."

"...unless for corruption done in the land"... which means it's okay to kill homosexuals.

Temporarily locked for janitorial service.

ok, you may resume.

Reminder, this is not a "comparative religions" forum. Posts in the theme of "Muslims be like this, and Christians be like that" will be removed. General discussion of Muslim beliefs or history will be removed. Discussion of religion will be removed unless it relates directly to the events in Florida.

-k

This last shooting was MORE about GAYS and not about Muslims and how easy it is to get an assault rifle in the US and what reason would anyone NEED an assault rife, other than the military?

So, there is a long history of anti gay bigotry, and there have been 'assault' rifles for a long time, i guess it must be just an unlucky coincidence that the first time anything like this has happened it happened to be a Muslim who was interested in ISIS who did it, purple, must be purple, the sky i mean. Anyway was it select fire, fully auto btw? if it wasn't it isnt an assault rifle, i know most of you don't care about that, your too busy feeding the rhetoric machine.

Anyway was it select fire, fully auto btw? if it wasn't it isnt an assault rifle, i know most of you don't care about that, your too busy feeding the rhetoric machine.

Such rifles are easy for a skilled person to convert to full auto with aftermarket parts and/or home brew modifications/machining. The shooter recently bought the Sig Sauer MCX rifle and Glock 17 semi-auto handgun from a gun shop, so I doubt he had time to modify and test full auto functionality.

Full auto mod instructional videos are available on YouTube.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

This scum bag was dismissed from his job at the Martin Correctional Institute in 2006, the official reason is "administrative termination (not involving misconduct).". He was also dismissed from the academy at Indian River State College in May 2007. He twice applied to become a law enforcement officer, passed the aptitude tests, but failed to get a position. We previously heard about his problems while working for G4S security as well. Even ignoring all the other signs we have heard about, is anyone concerned about the law enforcement and security industry that allowed him to get a special firearms permit not sharing any data that might have helped flag someone in a position of authority in this industry.

G4S needs to be held accountable, as do the others.

** addition Just saw that gun store alerted police 4-5 weeks ago when he bought body armour and was speaking a foreign language. While nothing illegal there, it is just another red flag. Also let's not forget about the 2 FBI investigations. While I can understand any individual one being written off, this is beginning to appear to be gross incompetence on the part of law enforcement. Why are we spending billions and billions on homeland security?

Edited by ?Impact

No, the commonality is that while religious Christians and Jews and others might disapprove of something they don't tend to take physical action based on that disapproval. Because they don't want to go to jail or die. They lack the streak of martyrdom which is currently so strong in the Muslim religion, not to mention the rewards for dying in the name of defending or advancing the faith.

I would disagree to a point. Look at the violent attacks on abortion clinics. Look at the violent reaction by at least two pastors who spoke in favour of the killings in Orlando and every mosque and imam has spoken out against the Orlando attacks.

What I do agree with is that in some Islamic cultures, especially the radical/extremist ones like Wahabists/Salafists, giving up your life for a cause you believe in seems to be much easier than other religions. However, the point I am constantly trying to make is that the views and beliefs and moral standards are varied in the Muslim world. There is a problem with people who have a hard time distinguishing between people due to their resistance to want to learn about them.

Temporarily locked for janitorial service.

ok, you may resume.

Reminder, this is not a "comparative religions" forum. Posts in the theme of "Muslims be like this, and Christians be like that" will be removed. General discussion of Muslim beliefs or history will be removed. Discussion of religion will be removed unless it relates directly to the events in Florida.

-k

Well, then...until the next Islamic terrorist attack...or event or whatever.

:)

Tougher sentences for parole violators, Steve.....(crickets)....oh...and World Peace!

Squirrel !!!!, yes blame it on gun violence, high powered wpns, and second amendment rights.....

33,000 deaths related to firearms last year....of which only 8500 were homicides the rest are attributed to suicides, accidents, etc....

you do the math... What percentage of American gun owners use their wpns that cause death ?

Deaths by auto mobile still rank the leading cause of deaths within the us....But no ban, nor talk about ban or even calling it a health issue.... Most US gun owners are reasonable gun owners.....But yet like those who say we can not paint all Muslims with the same brush....that argument does not apply for gun owners or their guns.....all AR-15's are bad, evil....All high capacity mags are bad, evil.....and yet how many of these gun deaths were attributed to either....most were carried out by hand guns.....but no ban no health warning on these either.....

uhhh, about your own Squirrel act: 2015: per Mass Shooting Tracker - 372 mass shootings killing 475 people and wounding 1,870

playing suicide off against homicide accomplishes what in terms of analyzing gun violence related death? As beat on through past threads, a big part of the reason homicides are down... in spite of the proliferation of guns... is so many more people actually live through the related gun violence due to advances in medical trauma care. Proper and complete analysis includes injuries related to gun violence. Comparative references like 'banning cars because they cause deaths' is just so misplaced and inappropriate.

uhhh, about your own Squirrel act: 2015: per Mass Shooting Tracker - 372 mass shootings killing 475 people and wounding 1,870

playing suicide off against homicide accomplishes what in terms of analyzing gun violence related death? As beat on through past threads, a big part of the reason homicides are down... in spite of the proliferation of guns... is so many more people actually live through the related gun violence due to advances in medical trauma care. Proper and complete analysis includes injuries related to gun violence. Comparative references like 'banning cars because they cause deaths' is just so misplaced and inappropriate.

I included all numbers including homicide, suicide, accidents, to remove any doubts from the doubters....in 2015 almost 33,000 people have died in the US from all gun related incidents, The fact there are 108 mil US gun owners that represents less than 1 percent of gun owners have any issues with there firearms, less than 1 % have used them in any crime or homicide....And those 1 % that did , the majority used Hand guns....not AR-15 or high powered rifles, assault rifles etc...as was address earlier.....

even with gun related injuries added in it will not bring the numbers any higher than 1 % of all gun owners....

Another point is that most of the Homicides where carried out by criminals, who don't care about gun laws or their restrictions.....that they prefer illegal firearms purchased or traded through the under ground. SO regardless of what control measures are put in place it will not stop homicides carried out by criminals...it will however punish those responsible gun owners you know the other 99 % of gun owners....

No, Comparative references like cars are relevant they are tools just as cars are tools, and when misused they cause death.

More is emerging about the scum bag murders wife. Apparently he texted her a couple of hours into the shooting, asking if she had seen the news. She replied back that she loved him. While it is not clear from that context if she knew at the time he was the shooter, it does look suspicious.

1 % of all gun owners....

While you are doing statistics, perhaps you would care to do a similar statistic about percent of American Muslims involved in murder.

That doesn't explain your comment accusing me of giving excuses for the homophobia in the Christian right.

Did you misunderstand my words? Do you still think I excuse homophobia selectively?

It's a major accusation. I need to know.

The problem is that you're a right winger. Being atheist or gay friendly obvoiusly isn't enough to overcome that.