Another Mass Shooting

I posted earlier that we're quickly trying to put it behind us...nervously...but there we go. Done. Whew...

Right...may as well just mail it in...so rote has become the aftermath. CNN is running out of clever graphics names for each event, where alliteration is favoured by producers. Cue smart phone video in 3...2...1....

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 1600s were indeed rotten in Europe. Five hundred years...we don't have 500 years.

We'd have plenty of time if we weren't busy importing millions of Muslims every year into Western countries. It is entirely the choice of Western countries and their leaders to be imposing these problems upon themselves faster than they can be resolved. Even so, Europe is rapidly approaching a tipping point where so called "far right" parties that oppose mass immigration are close to gaining majorities.

And such a view is not new....where do people think the black humour term "going postal" came from ?

I believe it was Harlan Ellison that first wrote about the phenomena of dispassion from afar. A product of living close together in large numbers. In the world of today...that's almost EVERYWHERE.

Hey...sucks to be you. Glad it ain't me...

I believe it was Harlan Ellison that first wrote about the phenomena of dispassion from afar. A product of living close together in large numbers. In the world of today...that's almost EVERYWHERE.

Hey...sucks to be you. Glad it ain't me...

I was watching a documentary about the life/work of famous New York crime photographer Arthur "Weegee" Fellig last weekend, and he made his living by selling fresh photos of "stiffs" on the city streets and back alleys. One of his most famous is a wide shot of people hanging out their tenement (slum) windows and fire escapes to enjoy the show. He titled it, "Balcony Seats at a Murder":

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8MD7s-TpdBk/UpqCVvB-E6I/AAAAAAAABEg/lciypV0dIcY/s1600/07_weegee_assassinato+dono+cafe+prince+street_1939.jpeg

I was watching a documentary about the life/work of famous New York crime photographer Arthur "Weegee" Fellig last weekend, and he made his living by selling fresh photos of "stiffs" on the city streets and back alleys. One of his most famous is a wide shot of people hanging out their tenement (slum) windows and fire escapes to enjoy the show. He titled it, "Balcony Seats at a Murder":

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8MD7s-TpdBk/UpqCVvB-E6I/AAAAAAAABEg/lciypV0dIcY/s1600/07_weegee_assassinato+dono+cafe+prince+street_1939.jpeg

In a small community you can't do that. There's still a body on the lawn in the morning.

In a small community you can't do that. There's still a body on the lawn in the morning.

But scale things up, and it works just fine. Maybe high body count does that....too depersonalized to digest like a single stiff on the lawn. There was a case when a body on the lawn was thought to be part of a Halloween decoration.

Re: Ellison..I liked "A Boy And His Dog".

But scale things up, and it works just fine. Maybe high body count does that....too depersonalized to digest like a single stiff on the lawn. There was a case when a body on the lawn was thought to be part of a Halloween decoration.

Re: Ellison..I liked "A Boy And His Dog".

We decided long ago our tastes often matched...heh.

Re: Halloween... :D Yeah...step over. Trick or treat! No wonder the kids are good at head shots playing 'Call of Duty'. Kick my azz...

Re: Halloween... :D Yeah...step over. Trick or treat! No wonder the kids are good at head shots playing 'Call of Duty'. Kick my azz...

Right...so we are really just getting re-calibrated back to the desensitized normal. Playing up this mass shooting for LGBT rights is just a sideshow exploitation. Even the ISIS angle was added by the dealership, like unwanted undercoating.

It's weird how often that statement is made on here. No-one actually does do that. Why do you (and others) feel it necessary to keep repeating that?

Is it because you refuse to accept the barbaric behaviour of many Muslims, and seek to deflect attention from such to assuage your own uneasiness?

Some mosque invites an idiot to give a speech. Kimmy then blames this on the "Muslim community". This is the problem. Like everything one Muslim does, represents another Muslim's way of thinking. Or every Muslim needs to apologize for another Muslim's actions.

There are homophobic Jews, homophobic Christians, homophobic Hindus, homophobic atheists, and plenty of homophobic Muslims too. Their common denominator is not their communal membership in any religion but their identical homophobia.

Right...so we are really just getting re-calibrated back to the desensitized normal. Playing up this mass shooting for LGBT rights is just a sideshow exploitation. Even the ISIS angle was added by the dealership, like unwanted undercoating.

Plus...in a way this fellow betrayed not only the gay community but the whole progressive movement...thus the need to play down Islam's actual role in this awful affair...and thousands of others. He was a Democrat...born in the USA...etc, etc.

Plus...in a way this fellow betrayed not only the gay community but the whole progressive movement...thus the need to play down Islam's actual role in this awful affair...and thousands of others. He was a Democrat...born in the USA...etc, etc.

Yes...it really is a clash of several ideologies....President Obama and Hillary Clinton are getting pilloried for refusing to say "radical Islam". Trump is crowing, "I told ya so". The only group left out so far are the tree huggers.

BC: Yes...it really is a clash of several ideologies....President Obama and Hillary Clinton are getting pilloried for refusing to say "radical Islam". Trump is crowing, "I told ya so". The only group left out so far are the tree huggers.

That gator did solve a lot of problems for the news cycle.

Edited by DogOnPorch

The shooter was just living-up to his name sake...Omar. Slayer of Infidels.

You are spot on....that damn gator short circuited all kinds of mass shooting media excess. "The gator did what !!!!!!??????".

Yup...this well was a bit too deep, though. Not a happy ending.

Quick...move all the microwave TV trucks to the gator scene....now !

That's exactly what they did. barely heard a peep for hours re: Omar...other than 'we're looking into possible motives'...and...'what does the wife know? do we care?'

The intelligence services in the USA seem to treat Saudis different from all other arabs/muslims.

Now the other question I raise is why this Imam is not under some investigation.

The article did not say if the Imam was under an on going investigation or not, however one could assume he is being watched hence why this info was released.