Another Mass Shooting

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're talking about something completely different from HAL, but you're also committing the same fallacy. I provided the definition of terrorism in the link embedded in the previous reply. There's a very specific condition that MP Cox's murder fits, but the Orlando Nightclub shooting arguably does not.

I get it, you're afraid of Muslims (terrorists).

Right, I'm just not as manly as someone who spends all his time railing about those awful Jews.

Next time when you cross the street, fearing that a random Muslim is going to blow himself up and kill you in the process, remember that the chances of being killed in a terrorist attack are about 1 in 20 million

Utterly irrelevant to the discussion, but thanks for coming out and wasting everyone's time.

You're talking about something completely different from HAL, but you're also committing the same fallacy. I provided the definition of terrorism in the link embedded in the previous reply. There's a very specific condition that MP Cox's murder fits, but the Orlando Nightclub shooting arguably does not.

I understand where you are coming from, but with items like the NDAA the definition of terrorism has been modified to include almost anything that would be considered a crime.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/12/05/the-national-defense-authorization-act-is-the-greatest-threat-to-civil-liberties-americans-face/#7aadcd7f4444

If Obama does one thing for the remainder of his presidency let it be a veto of the National Defense Authorization Act – a law recently passed by the Senate which would place domestic terror investigations and interrogations into the hands of the military and which would open the door for trial-free, indefinite detention of anyone, including American citizens, so long as the government calls them terrorists.

So much for innocent until proven guilty. So much for limited government. What Americans are now facing is quite literally the end of the line. We will either uphold the freedoms baked into our Constitutional Republic, or we will scrap the entire project in the name of security as we wage, endlessly, this futile, costly, and ultimately self-defeating War on Terror.

Right, I'm just not as manly as someone who spends all his time railing about those awful Jews.

Utterly irrelevant to the discussion, but thanks for coming out and wasting everyone's time.

Jews have made huge contribution to our society, including their fight in standing up for human rights. As a matter of fact, there are many Jews who fight for the rights of Palestinians. But who cares if I have continuously clearly made the point that being anti-Zionist has nothing to do about my feelings about Jews, right? You are desperate, so you flash the anti-semite card when you are cornered with facts.

Jews have made huge contribution to our society, including their fight in standing up for human rights. As a matter of fact, there are many Jews who fight for the rights of Palestinians. But who cares if I have continuously clearly made the point that being anti-Zionist has nothing to do about my feelings about Jews, right? You are desperate, so you flash the anti-semite card when you are cornered with facts.

Being Anti Islamist has nothing to do with my feelings for Muslims. That's a good way of putting it.

Edited by bcsapper

Jews have made huge contribution to our society, including their fight in standing up for human rights. As a matter of fact, there are many Jews who fight for the rights of Palestinians. But who cares if I have continuously clearly made the point that being anti-Zionist has nothing to do about my feelings about Jews, right?

Sorry, I keep forgetting. There are some good Jews, it's just the 95% who support the existence of a Jewish state who need to be dealt with.

Edited by Argus

So what....Constitution and Supreme Court court have already spoken. Prior restraint based on a no-fly list....won't fly.

Will be interesting to see what happens in November. Maybe there will be another mass shooting just before the election.

And the high support isn't just for no-fly list.

Edited by WestCoastRunner

Maybe....mass shootings are no big deal compared to other homicides. Just better for TV ratings.

That's the same attitude that says terrorist killings are no big deal because cars kill more people than terrorists. I still hate terrorists more than cars.

That's the same attitude that says terrorist killings are no big deal because cars kill more people than terrorists. I still hate terrorists more than cars.

What about the Lada or the Pontiac Aztek?

Sorry....but it really is. Total gun homicide rates are at a 30 year low. Would it be better if "old partiers" were gunned down instead ?

Probably at a 30 year low because law enforcement are better trained to handle mass shootings to reduce the number of deaths.

Sure. Young partiers and kindergarten kids have their lives ahead of them. Old folks would gladly sacrifice their life to save a 6 year old or a 20 something person.

Probably at a 30 year low because law enforcement are better trained to handle mass shootings to reduce the number of deaths.

Sure. Young partiers and kindergarten kids have their lives ahead of them. Old folks would gladly sacrifice their life to save a 6 year old or a 20 something person.

Uhhhmm.....

No...it's a combination of demographics changes/factors and the peak homicide years of '90's crack cocaine wars.

Some would....others wouldn't. Abortions kill far more "children" each year.

No...it's a combination of demographics changes/factors and the peak homicide years of '90's crack cocaine wars.

Some would....others wouldn't. Abortions kill far more "children" each year.

If you want to talk about abortions start a new thread

A low gun homicide rate doesn't excuse kindergarten children and young people 50 at a time from being executed.

If you want to talk about abortions start a new thread

A low gun homicide rate doesn't excuse kindergarten children and young people 50 at a time from being executed.

Of course...always get that response from some folks that are so concerned about "the children".

Gun homicide rates are the metrics of this game. "Mass shootings" are a small part of the actual body count.