Another Mass Shooting

According to DoP in another thread he does not put forth strawman arguments. However we do see evidence that in fact he does put forth those kind of arguments.

He's telling me to be quiet lest I anger the violent people.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be welcomed, but we know it's a non starter.

I'll ask again, knowing I wont get a response, but I shall try again and then the thread can degrade into the usual with CA eventually locking the thread.

So are you against the PATRIOT Act and the NDAA?

Now you're making things up because your argument is weak. I'm saying it's counter-productive to tell half the world "you are our enemy" when they don't necessarily want to be your enemy.

That would be welcomed, but we know it's a non starter.

I'll ask again, knowing I wont get a response, but I shall try again and then the thread can degrade into the usual with CA eventually locking the thread.

So are you against the PATRIOT Act and the NDAA?

I'm a Canadian.

Now you're making things up because your argument is weak. I'm saying it's counter-productive to tell half the world "you are our enemy" when they don't necessarily want to be your enemy.

My issue is with Islam. Not individuals. Oskar Schindler was a good Nazi. Cult members can always leave their violent cult...unless there's some sort of violent penalty for that.

Is there?

Edited by DogOnPorch

Perhaps you just have a skewed perspective because your only exposure to Islam and Islamic people is through the news when people are blowing other people up.

Is there a penalty for leaving Islam? What might that be?

To my way of thinking, on a purely logical basis, why on earth are we taking so many Pakistanis and Iranians and Syrians and so few Poles or Irish or Portuguese?

Because Pakistanis, Iranians and Syrians are more diverse. Obviously. Just ask Trudeau.

No, it's really not. How many gay pride parades take place in the Muslim world? None. Why not? Because in much of the Muslim world homosexuality is illegal, in some places punishable by death. Even in those Muslim countries where it isn't any gay pride parade would be interrupted by waves of gunfire and mobs holding flaming torches.

You could say that about many if not most developing countries in the world though, many which are predominantly Christian.

Perhaps you just have a skewed perspective because your only exposure to Islam and Islamic people is through the news when people are blowing other people up.

This minimal "exposure" you speak of probably applies to the majority of Canadians. So when events such as the Orlando massacre occur and the murderer is shown to be a Muslim with extremist beliefs, then those Canadians become frightful lest a Muslim in their midst act similarly. Remember that in the case of Orlando, the FBI had this guy in their sights but somehow dropped the ball, then 49 died and scores were injured. What we do know is that we have such nut jobs in our midst already. Let's hope our security people can identify them and disarm them before they unleash chaos within our borders.

Why there were so many people killed was the EXIT DOORS were LOCKED and the only way out was through the front door were the guy enter, so that why many ran for the bathrooms. I wonder which group, or location is the next one going to be, because there will be another one.

Why there were so many people killed was the EXIT DOORS were LOCKED and the only way out was through the front door were the guy enter, so that why many ran for the bathrooms. I wonder which group, or location is the next one going to be, because there will be another one.

Yeah, could you imagine the devastation if instead of a gun, he had a gerry can of gasoline.

This was both the worst...and best moment for the homosexual community in Canada.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Soap

Canada's version of...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots

After the cops did that, folks took notice...

Yes, all well and good. But 40 years later.... we still have:

https://egale.ca/hate-crimes-targeting-lgbt-community-remain-most-violent-in-canada/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Significant_acts_of_violence_against_LGBT_people (Canada)

... and so on

So it's hard to claim a "holier than thou" attitude about Muslim prejudices, when our own are not all that accepting....

So banning the sale of assault weapons?

Sure. Like I said, I support gun control. I just don't think it will do any good in the USA. Too late.

As a responsible gun owner, I would hope to be allowed to keep my gun, soon to be guns, and keep shooting at targets and things, but if the powers that be want to take them away, I'm fine with it. As long as they take them away from everyone.

So even though we have millions of Muslims NOT killing gays, and we have lots of non-Muslims with violent propensity going on mass-shooting rampages, you can't entertain the idea that perhaps Omar Mateen's mental instability could have something to do with it.

Has he ever been diagnosed? Ever even seen by a psychiatrist or psychologist? Maybe this guy was troubled, but a lot of people are troubled and don't go on killing sprees. But then most of those people don't belong to religions which praise jihad and promise life everlasting and a pile of virgins if you die fighting the filthy infidels.

It's never been my position, in any posts on the subject of Muslims and immigration, that our primary concern should be terrorism anyway. Our primary concern should be a brutal and backward cultural view which is so tightly intertwined with the religion that even if they leave much of their old-country ways behind, those social views will largely remain with them. They might not inspire them to mass murder but they certainly will impact their day-to-day behaviour. And as their numbers continue to grow (the Muslim population is doubling every ten years in Canada) their cultural values will have more and more affect on society and politicians seeking votes.

Prominent Christian speakers, in the richest nation in the world are telling their thousands followers that homosexuals deserve death and are praising Christian nations that do kill them. Republican leaders show up to pose with these evil men. Republicans are passing laws to allow Christians to discriminate against gays or assert their beliefs over employees or prevent equal rights.

This guy is in a small sect in the US, and those Republican leaders are whores who will sit on stage with almost anyone in search of votes. But if you ask them they sure won't agree with this kook's views.

Do you believe that evil being done in the name of Islam excuses what is being done in the name of Christianity? Seems like a hypocritical response to me.

Sounds to me like you're excusing physical violence in the name of Islam while deploring verbal violence in the name of Christianity. I know which one I'm converned with.

Yes, all well and good. But 40 years later.... we still have:

https://egale.ca/hate-crimes-targeting-lgbt-community-remain-most-violent-in-canada/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Significant_acts_of_violence_against_LGBT_people (Canada)

... and so on

So it's hard to claim a "holier than thou" attitude about Muslim prejudices, when our own are not all that accepting....

Okay...how many mass murders?

Has he ever been diagnosed? Ever even seen by a psychiatrist or psychologist? Maybe this guy was troubled, but a lot of people are troubled and don't go on killing sprees. But then most of those people don't belong to religions which praise jihad and promise life everlasting and a pile of virgins if you die fighting the filthy infidels.

There's a mass shooting in the US just about every other week. Hundreds and hundreds since Columbine. How many were Muslim?

DOP bites into a bundle of rotten Red Delicious apples he bought at the store: "All apples are bad! Everyone stop buying apples forever!"

Which Muslim majority country do feel really puts Islam in its best light as the Religion of Peace?

Meanwhile, riddle me this: what is dar al-Harb and dar al-Islam?