Another Mass Shooting

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the guy who shot up the black Church in SC?

How come when white people commit hate crimes they're only accountable for themselves but when brown or black people do, they are ambassadors for their entire community?

Because so much of their community supports their hateful views. Did the guy who killed blacks in a church have the support of a huge group of Christian clerics calling for the death of black people? I doubt it, somehow. You won't have to look far, though, to find Muslim clerics who denounce gays as an affront to God and remind their followers they should be killed on sight.

You rail on and on about how "the left" ignores the problem, yet you offer no solutions. If you threw something out there, it might even turn into a discussion. Since you won't, we are left with your empty "left is bad" rhetoric.

Stop bringing in Muslim immigrants without some very, very tight screening on their social views and values. Stop allowing Saudi money in to build mosques and influence Muslims here. Stop giving permits to Saudi clerics to come here and preach their vicious, backward religious views.

Edited by Argus

Because so much of their community supports their hateful views. Did the guy who killed blacks in a church have the support of a huge group of Christian clerics calling for the death of black people? I doubt it, somehow. You won't have to look far, though, to find Muslim clerics who denounce gays as an affront to God and remind their followers they should be killed on sight.

I've never understood it when folks use a negative to excuse another negative...like it makes it okay.

Donald Trump has come out stating that when he is president, he will stop all immigration to the USA from Muslin countries which have terrorists. This is good news for us Muslims in Canada. All that Muslim talent around the world looking to seek the free world will then be coming to Canada.

Maybe Nazem Kadri will pick up a couple wingers for the Leafs.

Oh Canada, what a wonderful place to live!

La il laha il Allah, Muhammad a rasool Allah.

Edited by Big Guy

Trying to equate Islamic extremism with all muslims is counter-productive. It only makes ISIS stronger, and that is a stupid thing to do.

ISIS doesn't care what we think of them. They only get stronger or weaker as they're killed or win territory.

Most of Islam is extreme in its belief in social values and religious laws which - by our standards - ARE, by definition, extreme.

Edited by Argus

No, best not equate a billion peaceful, moderate people

Excuse me? Who are these billion peaceful, moderate people of which you speak?

What are you using to define 'moderate'? If, say, they believe in putting gays in prison rather than just killing them, is that moderate? If they believe in beating their wives, but not so severe they are hospitalized, is that moderate to you?

Because nothing I've read regarding the religious and social views espoused by most of the world's Muslims gives me any inclination to refer to them as 'moderate'.

How about the billion+ muslims who chose not to shoot people in a gay bar this weekend?

And how many of them do you think are horrified at what happened?

I would suggest to you that the number is considerably less than half.

ISIS doesn't care what we think of them. ...

I agree. ISIS is a gang of Sunni extremists who were set free by the USA and are now devouring the Middle East. They are a group of thugs given credence only by the Western racists who seek excuses to slam Islam. The simple minded Westerners continue to play into their teasing rhetoric inviting Western armies to engage them on their own soil.

As a new Muslim, I abhor what these radicals are attempting to do but an truly surprised that a few Westerners will fall for their tactics. The meek may inherit the earth but the stupids will destroy it.

There's a mass shooting in the US just about every other week. Hundreds and hundreds since Columbine. How many were Muslim?

The definition of 'mass shooting' has been greatly expanded. Most of the ones you're thinking of are gang members shooting each other up.

The definition of 'mass shooting' has been greatly expanded. Most of the ones you're thinking of are gang members shooting each other up.

BC-chick is correct. Our local Islamic violence seeking indicator showed that another 950 Americans were killed by guns this month. The USA logs about 14,000 gun deaths a year. To the best of our knowledge, Muslims have been involved in less than 400 of these deaths a year. Islam being the religion of peace, no sane individual should be surprised by those statistics.

As the percentage of Canadian Muslims increases so the rate of homicides will decrease!

Alhamdulillah w AShokrulillah

BC-chick is correct. Our local Islamic violence seeking indicator showed that another 950 Americans were killed by guns this month. The USA logs about 14,000 gun deaths a year. To the best of our knowledge, Muslims have been involved in less than 400 of these deaths a year. Islam being the religion of peace, no sane individual should be surprised by those statistics.

As the percentage of Canadian Muslims increases so the rate of homicides will decrease!

Yeah, but not many US gang members have hacked a Bangladeshi blogger to death recently.

Edit> Although they do have hackers in the US. I'm sure the differing job descriptions are not important.

Edited by bcsapper

I thought this was insightful.

http://www.the-american-interest.com/2016/06/13/how-to-tear-a-nation-apart/

But perhaps the most important reason Americans have been divided, rather than united, in the face of terror over the last year is simply because the terrorists elected to kill their victims with bullets. If Omar Mateen had planted Tsarnaev-style pressure-cooker bombs in the crowded Pulse nightclub on Saturday night, he may well have claimed just as many casualties. But the attack would not have immediately set off a political firestorm over gun control.

Stricter guns laws did not prevent Paris. They won't help in the US but people who focus on guns instead of terrorism are giving the terrorists exactly what they want. Edited by TimG

In an attempt to solidify my new found Muslim faith, I was searching the internet for inspiration. I came upon a site which obviously looks at Islam objectively:

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2016/01/07/we-all-know-why-we-should-never-hire-a-muslimlooks-like-we-should-never-work-for-a-muslim-either/

I was unable to locate the author of this true story but for some reason she chose to stay anonymous. This true and impartial story is shaking my faith!!!

In an attempt to solidify my new found Muslim faith, I was searching the internet for inspiration. I came upon a site which obviously looks at Islam objectively:

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2016/01/07/we-all-know-why-we-should-never-hire-a-muslimlooks-like-we-should-never-work-for-a-muslim-either/

I was unable to locate the author of this true story but for some reason she chose to stay anonymous. This true and impartial story is shaking my faith!!!

Yeah, I had a taxi driver do that to me once. I still have the book somewhere. Best to ignore 'em.

Religion of peace....how many Muslim nations are in armed conflict around the world today....14,000 gun deaths sounds like a staggering number....and yet the Taliban kill more Muslims In Afghanistan by bombs alone, ....How many are democracies....how many have the same freedoms as you or I......Shit, the Religion of peace stones more people, than that... Good luck in your new religion....

Yeah, but not many US gang members have hacked a Bangladeshi blogger to death recently.

Speaking on behalf of gang bangers, we have never been given that opportunity. It is not fair that Bangla ... something is so far away. I bet on a fair and level turf we would be very competitive with those Muslim terrorist and wipe out a lot more guys!!!!

These Muslim guys are pussies compared to us!

Religion of peace....how many Muslim nations are in armed conflict around the world today....14,000 gun deaths sounds like a staggering number....and yet the Taliban kill more Muslims In Afghanistan by bombs alone, ....How many are democracies....how many have the same freedoms as you or I......Shit, the Religion of peace stones more people, than that... Good luck in your new religion....

Thank you. We have been crucified by the Crusaders, raped by the West for our natural resources and now being blamed for disturbed and disgruntled Canadians and Americans killing their own people. We have been around for way before the Christians and will be around way after the second coming. We will endure!

‘Innā lillāhi wa ‘innā ‘ilayhi rājiʿūn

Big Guy only joined because he heard he could get stoned. He didn't realize it was just women.

Thank you. We have been crucified by the Crusaders, raped by the West for our natural resources and now being blamed for disturbed and disgruntled Canadians and Americans killing their own people. We have been around for way before the Christians and will be around way after the second coming. We will endure!

‘Innā lillāhi wa ‘innā ‘ilayhi rājiʿūn

You don't actually have any idea what you're talking about, do you.

-k

Big Guy only joined because he heard he could get stoned. He didn't realize it was just women.

First I find out the 72 virgins thing means 72 raisins and now the stoned thing is real rocks!!

Boy, it is tough being a Muslim!

That is why you have to be dedicated!!!!

Edited by Big Guy

First I find out the 72 virgins thing means 72 raisins and now the stoned thing is real rocks!!

Boy, it is tough being a Muslim!

That is why you have to be dedicated!!!!

You just have to get the cheap ones who only fork out for gravel.

I think I have a better and more accurate view of the reality than most of the racist garbage that I see here. :P

I think it's the accuracy of what you view to be racist garbage that is a bit dodgy.