Another Mass Shooting

School Massacre, church massacre, shopping mall massacre, movie theater massacre, campus massacre . . . nightclub massacre . . . President Obama, sir, stop manufacturing and selling arms around the globe, in billions of dollars to Saudi Arabia, for free to Egypt and Israel, with the leftover militarizing the police force at home, and a small fraction of it finding its way into the domestic market --there is, Mr President, a structural link in the very mad logic of a militarized mind that extends from militarizing the globe and the gun culture at home --

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps in the future, the loving, compassionate Muslims could show their loving, compassionate nature by not inviting speakers who advocate death for gay people to come speak at their events.

Hey K? You ooze with double standards and bigotry.

Christian Pastor Celebrates Nightclub Massacre: “There’s 50 Less Pedophiles in This World”

Pastor Steven Anderson, whose hate knows no bounds, celebrated the deaths of 50 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando in a 4-minute mini-sermon that cited the Bible as justification for why they needed to die. (And if it didn’t happen via a shooter, it should have happened by way of government execution.)

Christian Pastor Celebrates Nightclub Massacre: “There’s 50 Less Pedophiles in This World”

Pastor Steven Anderson, whose hate knows no bounds, celebrated the deaths of 50 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando in a 4-minute mini-sermon that cited the Bible as justification for why they needed to die. (And if it didn’t happen via a shooter, it should have happened by way of government execution.)

Actually you ooze. You compare someone approving of an act to the perpetrator of the act. From your rant, I think you disapprove of the pastor more.

Chase Strangio (from ACLU) wrote: "The Christian Right has introduced 200 anti-LGBT bills in the last six months and people blaming Islam for this. No."

Obviously a complete ass. The Christian Right introduces bills, and that is indicative of a religious bias against gays. A Muslim kills 49 gays, and that's also indicative of a religious bias. The Christian one. What a pillock!

Actually you ooze. You compare someone approving of an act to the perpetrator of the act. From your rant, I think you disapprove of the pastor more.

No. Your lack of attention is at display here.

K said:

Perhaps in the future, the loving, compassionate Muslims could show their loving, compassionate nature by not inviting speakers who advocate death for gay people to come speak at their events.

So I showed a perfect example of how she practices double standards. The Christian Right not only fights to take away the rights of LGBT, but there also those who openly advocate for the deaths of the LGBT community. The pastor has openly welcomed the killing of these people. Just like the Muslim speakers K claims (I'm sure they are out there, even though she didn't provide an example) advocate the deaths of gay people.

I've written about Steven Anderson and Kevin Swanson several times. Nobody on the forum has written more about Christian bigots than I have over the years. There's no double standard. As for bigotry, I confess: I hate Muslim bigots and Christian bigots.

I just think Orlando's Muslims ought to stop telling everybody how much they love gay-people considering they had this hate-preacher come to speak in Orlando just a couple of months ago.

-k

No. Your lack of attention is at display here.

K said:

So I showed a perfect example of how she practices double standards. The Christian Right not only fights to take away the rights of LGBT, but there also those who openly advocate for the deaths of the LGBT community. The pastor has openly welcomed the killing of these people. Just like the Muslim speakers K claims (I'm sure they are out there, even though she didn't provide an example) advocate the deaths of gay people.

Where did Kimmy state her support for the Pastor? I did miss that. You could be right about my attention. Still, one can't see every post.

Where did Kimmy state her support for the Pastor? I did miss that. You could be right about my attention. Still, one can't see every post.

I am pretty sure that she does not support the pastor.

My point is that there are stupid fucks in all religions. People give religion too much credit for what shitty people do or say.

I am pretty sure that she does not support the pastor.

My point is that there are stupid fucks in all religions. People give religion too much credit for what shitty people do or say.

There most certainly are. Not many of them kill 50 at a time though. I would imagine if said Pastor went out and killed some gay people, his religion would be mentioned, and not just in passing.

There most certainly are. Not many of them kill 50 at a time though. I would imagine if said Pastor went out and killed some gay people, his religion would be mentioned, and not just in passing.

A mass murder is a mass murder, the number of kills is secondary. They all set out to create as much damage as they can, this guy just happened to murder more. They are all equally low life scum.

A mass murder is a mass murder, the number of kills is secondary. They all set out to create as much damage as they can, this guy just happened to murder more. They are all equally low life scum.

They most certainly are.

I've written about Steven Anderson and Kevin Swanson several times. Nobody on the forum has written more about Christian bigots than I have over the years. There's no double standard. As for bigotry, I confess: I hate Muslim bigots and Christian bigots.

I just think Orlando's Muslims ought to stop telling everybody how much they love gay-people considering they had this hate-preacher come to speak in Orlando just a couple of months ago.

-k

I'm shocked at just how surprised people here, the survivors and those in the media are that a gay bar was the focal point of a muslim attack.

Edited by Hal 9000

They have a lot more to go before they come anywhere near the amount of mass shootings committed by white boys.

But those are okay not to talk about, because they are not Muslim.

Let's blame the dozens of mass shootings by white boys on mental illness. But the guy in Orlando? Despite what his ex-wife says, it has nothing to do with mental illness.

THE MUSLIMS ARE COMING!!!!111

No wait:

THE MUSLIMS ARE ALREADY HERE!!!!111

Let's round them up.

Islam isn't a race of people. It's a religion.

So you know how some of the most outspoken gay-haters turn out to be closeted gays?

It turns out that Omar Mateen may have in fact been a regular at the club, and was a user of the gay hook-up app "Grindr".

-k

And here we have the rub of it. This was a hate crime...He couldn't accept who he was, he hated himself.

Given this, I doubt this is terrorism at all.

And here we have the rub of it. This was a hate crime...He couldn't accept who he was, he hated himself.

Given this, I doubt this is terrorism at all.

His father is a supporter of the Taliban, I'm pretty sure they didn't affirm his lifestyle. His sexual orientation doesn't mean it's not terrorism.

Enthusiasm? The courage to act while others just think? A different interpretation of scripture than most? Angrier? How should I know what motivates a religious idiot to do stuff? I'm just saying that your conclusion that he must have been mental is a subjective assessment based on your own normative set of values, and may fail to take into account many factors such as those above.

My subjective feeling is that religious beliefs are inherently pretty irrational, but I'm not judging religious people based on whether their actions make sense to me.

-k

I agree with religion itself being irrational but I disagree with the rest. There are Christians who are willing to shoot up Planned Parenthood when the rest others 'brave enough' or 'angry enough'. There also atheists 'brave enough' and 'angry enough' to shoot up movie theatres and schools.

There is something different with the brain function of the mass shooters that is not present in most other brains.

Edited by BC_chick

Mostly it bothers me that "mental instability" is being employed-- not just here, but elsewhere-- as a dodge, an excuse, a way to avoid talking about the inherent hatred of gay people in Islam (and in other religions as well.)

It also bothers me that the media seems to be trying to make Muslims the victims of this attack. Just as after Cologne we were deluged with stories about Muslims who felt bad about what happened, Muslims whose feelings were hurt by negative comments about Islam in wake of the mass assaults, Muslims who were giving flowers to German women, Muslims who were upset that German women didn't want to go #withinarmsreach of them, and so on. Now we're being inundated with stories about Muslims who feel bad about what happened, Muslims whose feelings have been hurt by negative comments about Islam in wake of the mass shooting, Muslims who are donating blood, Muslims who have gay friends, gay Muslims who have gay friends, Muslims who put flowers at makeshift memorials, Muslims who have put rainbow bumper-stickers on their cars, and so-on.

Fricking stop. It makes me want to puke.

-k

Maybe it bothers you because you've already reached the conclusion that his religion's homophobia made him do it and you can't accept seeing Muslims not hating gays and feeling compassion for them.

Maybe it bothers you because you've already reached the conclusion that his religion's homophobia made him do it and you can't accept seeing Muslims not hating gays and feeling compassion for them.

What is the punishment prescribed by the best Muslim, Mohammad, for being a homosexual?

Can your politics allow you to say....?

Edited by DogOnPorch

Mention what? Most mass murders in the U.S. are committed by messed up white guys. Do we have a white problem? Or is there a problem with easy access to mass killing tools by mentally unstable people?

Should we not have mentioned the role his religion played in both his hatred of homosexuals, and his decision to do what he did?