PM IN HOT WATER; The Prime Minister apologizes.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you tell me - you tell me what activities have been ongoing... you know, involving committee level efforts to reach consensus. Wait, what's this - 16 meetings held... involving some ~15 HOC/Senate representatives all participating in attempts at arriving at consensus on the makeup of a bill... to present back to their own respective parties for further review/analysis - all working towards HOC passage to allow it to be punted on over to the Senate... and then on and on from there!

And yet the Liberals pretty much ignored all the recommendations from the committee anyway.

I think his apology is moot......if a civil servant and a member of PSAC repeated the same actions well working in the House of Commons or any other government office, likewise any non-union member of the RCMP or Canadian Forces, from the get go, the victim is encouraged to contact their supervisor and (Military)police immediately.

Why should violence and harassment be treated differently when done by elected officials, including the Prime Minister?

That was not 'violent' by any stretch of the imagination. Rude, unprofessional and even belligerent, but not violent.

How does the court have any say in how long legislation takes to pass? Where do they get their authority from? That's bizarre. That would be like the House of Commons giving the court a deadline on when to rule on something.

How does the court have any say in how long legislation takes to pass? Where do they get their authority from? That's bizarre. That would be like the House of Commons giving the court a deadline on when to rule on something.

Yo

u

rt

Technically Shady you are right. The Supreme Court can't force anything to be passed. They can use strong language but the practical effect is they can't impose law of any kind or penalize elected officials for not passing laws. The media has reported their actual decision with faulty terms. Basically what they can do is say a law that exists is unconstitutional or not enforceable but they are not able to dictate to nor do they want to dictate to elected members of Parliament. In fact they constantly defer back to them saying stop asking the Supreme Court to make laws they were not elected to do that.

So you are technically correct. What they said was the existing laws won't be enforceable and there will be confusion if a new law is not passed.

Now the issue itself is suprisingly apolitical. In spite of all the immature retarded behaviour, all 3 parties have been working hard at some very intense issues. Its a shame this tantrum episode has focused away from the good work of all 3 parties and the Senate on the matter.

Its GOD awful task. Trying to create a law to on the one hand assure people don't suffer needlessly but on the other hand not open loopholes to

take advantage of people lacking capacity is tough. I really look at this in an apolitical way in spite of the chimpanzee behaviour. That blithering Trudeau, and the NDP baboons, etc., they all belong in a zoo for their idiotic displays of childishness.

Watching Justin prance about like he had a crab up his buttox was ridiculous.

I was hoping for something more along the lines of Odor's one-timer, but I was very disappointed. By Boges' standards, I've been assaulted at every concert I've ever been to.

The NDP alleged that already. The point is the response to whatever the NDP was doing shouldn't have been what JT did.

He was being impatient and immature. Had Harper done anything remotely similar there'd be screams of unwanted touching at the workplace from all interested parties. Far more than what JT has had to ensure.

Once again our PM of Canada has grovelled and apologized to the East Indian community for an incident that happened over a hundred years ago against an illegal invasion being committed by a bunch of East Indians who were trying to enter the country illegally by boat.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

These were British Protected Persons who had as much legal right to seek a better life in the New World as your own ancestors. The only lawbreaking going on was in the misadministration of BC's and Canada's laws by a bunch of racists.

Why is it racist when you have a state, which is part of an empire to pick and choose who enters?

Is it racist that Japan allows no immigrants?

Was it racist when China built the Great Wall to keep out the Mongols?

Was Gandhi a racist for wanting the British to leave India?

Was it racist when Joan of Arc drove the British out of France?

Was it racist when Alexander Nevsky repulsed the Teutonic knights?

Was it racist when Dmitry Donskou repulsed the Mongols?

Was it racist when the Russians repulsed the French and Germans?

Edited by G Huxley

Brosseau absolutely didn't deserve to be elbowed and Trudeau was out of line. But I haven't heard the media talking about how completely disgusting she, Mulcair and her NDP collegues were acting BEFORE the elbow took place, which prompted Trudeau rightly getting angry (though his response was quite uncivilized).

Watch the video again. Before Trudeau comes over watch Brosseau, Mulcair, and swarm of other NDP'ers box in Gord Brown so he can't get through the crowd. Brown is stepping side to side trying to get past the crowd, but the NDP keep moving to block him and are physically entrapping the man and limiting his free movement, which IS DISGRACEFUL. They're bullying Brown to wind the clock down.

The kicker is watching Brosseau laughing to a collegue while doing this....as if it's "fun" for her or a big "joke" to physically disrupt our democracy. If Trudeau man-handled Brown, then the NDP were man-handling Brown.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

Brosseau absolutely didn't deserve to be elbowed and Trudeau was out of line. But I haven't heard the media talking about how completely disgusting she, Mulcair and her NDP collegues were acting BEFORE the elbow took place, which prompted Trudeau rightly getting angry (though his response was quite uncivilized).

Watch the video again. Before Trudeau comes over watch Brosseau, Mulcair, and swarm of other NDP'ers box in Gord Brown so he can't get through the crowd. Brown is stepping side to side trying to get past the crowd, but the NDP keep moving to block him and are physically entrapping the man and limiting his free movement, which IS DISGRACEFUL. They're bullying Brown to wind the clock down.

The kicker is watching Brosseau laughing to a collegue while doing this....as if it's "fun" for her or a big "joke" to physically disrupt our democracy. If Trudeau man-handled Brown, then the NDP were man-handling Brown.

That's the way I saw it as well. The thing ended up looking like a rugby scrum or football scene rather than parliamentary procedure.

Edited by G Huxley

So you subscribe to the theory that 'she was asking for it'?

Oddly, despite your interpretation, a parliamentary committee has not been formed to examine the behaviour of Brown, Brosseau or Mulcair. Just Trudeau. It is proof that Harper is still in control, the evil bastard.

So you subscribe to the theory that 'she was asking for it'?

Oddly, despite your interpretation, a parliamentary committee has not been formed to examine the behaviour of Brown, Brosseau or Mulcair. Just Trudeau. It is proof that Harper is still in control, the evil bastard.

Did you read anything I said? Please don't ever put words in my mouth. Instead, use basic reading comprehension. I never said she deserved the very inappropriate behaviour of Trudeau. which I clearly said was inappropriate. . There's no asking to be pushed or elbowed. My point is just that Brosseau and her party were being complete jackasses and bullies and physically disrupting Mr Brown and our democracy. My point is that her, Mulcair, and the NDP were being jackasses. And so was Trudeau, but thats obvious. The PM and those MP's involved were acting like children and made the HoC look like a joke. What a disgraceful day.

Despite YOUR interpretation, tell me what the heck Mulcair and his goons (including Brosseau) were doing physically blocking Brown's right of mobility in the freakin HoC?

Edited by Moonlight Graham

A lot of focus has been on Trudeau crossing the floor and the NDP blocking the way for MP Brown and for feigning/exaggerating the elbow issue.

One thing I have yet to see questioned is why MP Brown was unable to get through the crowd. Yes the NDP were blocking him but he could've put his hand through as an excusing gesture (as we do in crowds).

Or better yet.... walk through the other side which is not blocked!

He was feigning as badly as the NDP and while Trudeau, Mulcair and the NDP cohorts have been subjected to heavy scrutiny, nobody has yet asked why on earth MP Brown was so ridiculously helpless to the point of deliberate obstruction.

A lot of focus has been on Trudeau crossing the floor and the NDP blocking the way for MP Brown and for feigning/exaggerating the elbow issue.

One thing I have yet to see questioned is why MP Brown was unable to get through the crowd. Yes the NDP were blocking him but he could've put his hand through as an excusing gesture (as we do in crowds).

Or better yet.... walk through the other side which is not blocked!

He was feigning as badly as the NDP and while Trudeau, Mulcair and the NDP cohorts have been subjected to heavy scrutiny, nobody has yet asked why on earth MP Brown was so ridiculously helpless to the point of deliberate obstruction.

It's irrelevant. Even if Justin hadn't walked over and thrown his tantrum. Brown would've been held back for a couple of minutes max. Or do you think he was going to stand there for hours?