PM IN HOT WATER; The Prime Minister apologizes.

It's irrelevant. Even if Justin hadn't walked over and thrown his tantrum. Brown would've been held back for a couple of minutes max. Or do you think he was going to stand there for hours?

I agree that ultimately the biggest loser in the big bag of losing tactics was Trudeau, but why is all the scrutiny around NDP being idiots and Trudeau being a bigger idiot, but nobody says anything about the actions of Brown?

He was just as ridiculous as he NDP crowd. But nada about that.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that ultimately the biggest loser in the big bag of losing tactics was Trudeau, but why is all the scrutiny around NDP being idiots and Trudeau being a bigger idiot, but nobody says anything about the actions of Brown?

He was just as ridiculous as he NDP crowd. But nada about that.

Because his action or inaction pales in comparison. Given two more minutes, he would've been at his seat. So what?

Brosseau absolutely didn't deserve to be elbowed and Trudeau was out of line. But I haven't heard the media talking about how completely disgusting she, Mulcair and her NDP collegues were acting BEFORE the elbow took place, which prompted Trudeau rightly getting angry (though his response was quite uncivilized).

Watch the video again. Before Trudeau comes over watch Brosseau, Mulcair, and swarm of other NDP'ers box in Gord Brown so he can't get through the crowd. Brown is stepping side to side trying to get past the crowd, but the NDP keep moving to block him and are physically entrapping the man and limiting his free movement, which IS DISGRACEFUL. They're bullying Brown to wind the clock down.

The kicker is watching Brosseau laughing to a collegue while doing this....as if it's "fun" for her or a big "joke" to physically disrupt our democracy. If Trudeau man-handled Brown, then the NDP were man-handling Brown.

Blocking a person is also a form of or threat of physical assault. One of them backs right up into Brown.

It's interesting to watch the dance that Brosseau herself is doing to block Brown, then laughing, then moving forward to try to block Trudeau too, at which point she got elbowed.

Not the NDP's finest moment either.

None of them acted like adults.

It's irrelevant. Even if Justin hadn't walked over and thrown his tantrum. Brown would've been held back for a couple of minutes max. Or do you think he was going to stand there for hours?

The NDP only needed to stall him (as he wanted to be) for 3 minutes. Facts are difficult.

The NDP only needed to stall him (as he wanted to be) for 3 minutes. Facts are difficult.

I think he could've managed that on his own. Regardless, it doesn't excuse your heroes actions. Keep trying though, it's fun to watch!

I think he could've managed that on his own. Regardless, it doesn't excuse your heroes actions. Keep trying though, it's fun to watch!

I haven't excused his actions. His actions don't excuse their initial actions.

A lot of focus has been on Trudeau crossing the floor and the NDP blocking the way for MP Brown and for feigning/exaggerating the elbow issue.

One thing I have yet to see questioned is why MP Brown was unable to get through the crowd. Yes the NDP were blocking him but he could've put his hand through as an excusing gesture (as we do in crowds).

Or better yet.... walk through the other side which is not blocked!

Sure, but if you watch the video he was only blocked for about ten or twenty seconds before Trudeau marched over. Most of us will hesitate to be rude and force our way through a group or backtrack unless we're in a hurry - which he wasn't - or the delay was much longer.

Sure, but if you watch the video he was only blocked for about ten or twenty seconds before Trudeau marched over. Most of us will hesitate to be rude and force our way through a group or backtrack unless we're in a hurry - which he wasn't - or the delay was much longer.

Elizabeth May said the delay literally had to be less than 3 minutes.

Trudea acted very badly. He has since apologized very sincerely and taken responsibility for his actions.

The NDP acted badly in their filibustering. They have not taken any responsibility and doubled down on their defiance.

(Trudeau comes out looking way better so far.)

But we've spent two days analyzing what these two did, and I'm asking why has there been virtually no scrutiny about Brown when he could've clearly gone down the other side.

He was as ridiculous as the NDP in his filibustering but nobody mentions that the way they do about the bad actions of NDP and Trudeau.

Or better yet.... walk through the other side which is not blocked!

He was feigning as badly as the NDP and while Trudeau, Mulcair and the NDP cohorts have been subjected to heavy scrutiny, nobody has yet asked why on earth MP Brown was so ridiculously helpless to the point of deliberate obstruction.

He's not allowed to cross to the other side, it's against the procedure. The Liberal whip, Leslie could've taken his seat at which time the voting could've started.

Maybe, Brown didn't want to push or manhandle anyone to get through, he was being polite, unlike Trudeau who needs some anger management.

The electorate is a strange combination of personalities.

If the opposition parties had let it be, just censure Trudeau and get on with the rest of business then the Liberals were guaranteed to take a hit. Instead, the phony outrage seems to be backfiring on the drama queens. There is a growing opinion that it was about time somebody had the gonads to get up and get this parliament working and breaking up these schoolyard tactics..

It will be interesting to see just what effect this will have on the popularity of the PM. Those who did not like him are outraged. Those who like him say "good job - and he should have popped Mulcair one in the eye when he stared to shouting and pointing."

I remember when Reagan went after the commentator during a debate with "I am paying for ... " and what it did for his career.

Then there was the elder Trudeau's "Fuddle Duddle" that outraged the opposition but raised support for him.

What bothered me was wasting a full day of parliament debating this stupid incident. Get on with the work of parliament. If what Trudeau did upsets you then don't vote Liberal at the next election. That will show him!

Edited by Big Guy

I still wish he popped someone. I would definitely vote for him next time if he did that.

Yeah. The old one/two hit like he did in the ring with Brazeau. And if by popping someone he drew blood, all the better. In such a scenario, I'd even send his Liberals a generous donation. /sarc

He's not allowed to cross to the other side, it's against the procedure. The Liberal whip, Leslie could've taken his seat at which time the voting could've started.

For that to work, from way I read it, Brown would have had to remain outside of the house while Leslie approached the Speaker.

Once again our PM of Canada has grovelled and apologized to the East Indian community for an incident that happened over a hundred years ago against an illegal invasion being committed by a bunch of East Indians who were trying to enter the country illegally by boat. I believe that the boat was called the Komatsu garu. This was a criminal act being committed here, and Canada had every right to stop them from entering, and sending them packing back from whence they came.

It’s easier to solve problems of the past than real problems of the present. Goes hand in the attempted pardon of Louis Riel.

So, why is the PM of this country apologizing to a people who were trying to enter Canada illegally? Canadians have every right to defend their borders from strangers entering Canada illegally. I am just getting so fed up with politicians always saying sorry for this, and sorry for that to whomever when there should be no need to do so at all.

Similar to our President, who has utter contempt for the law when it doesn’t suit his agenda.

I guess that if it could mean getting plenty of votes in the next election from a certain ethnic group of people, like in this instance the East Indian population politicians will do anything and appear to careless about borders or security. It would appear as though from day one it is off to the election races again, and preparing for the next election, and getting back into power. It just shows to me that just about all politicians will do anything to get a vote. Disgusting indeed.

How many ridings would that swing? Unless he plans to go to proportional representation, which despite the noise I don’t think he’ll do. He’s not likely to be that generous to the NDP.

It’s easier to solve problems of the past than real problems of the present. Goes hand in the attempted pardon of Louis Riel.

Similar to our President, who has utter contempt for the law when it doesn’t suit his agenda.

How many ridings would that swing? Unless he plans to go to proportional representation, which despite the noise I don’t think he’ll do. He’s not likely to be that generous to the NDP.

Trudeau will swing to whatever will get him and his liberal party elected again. If that means apologizing to every minority in the country, he will do it.

Do that many times and you are sure to get that minority vote. It would seem that all elections are about these days is getting that minority to vote for you. Minorities are truly starting to rule the roost. The majority just has no say anymore. We appear to be living in a minority tyranny country.

Trudeau will swing to whatever will get him and his liberal party elected again. If that means apologizing to every minority in the country, he will do it.

Do that many times and you are sure to get that minority vote. It would seem that all elections are about these days is getting that minority to vote for you. Minorities are truly starting to rule the roost. The majority just has no say anymore. We appear to be living in a minority tyranny country.

Harper apologized for native residential schools and to the Chinese-Canadians for the head tax. Was he doing whatever it took to get elected by apologizing to minorities?

The Komagata thing wouldn't have been apologize worthy if they weren't shot when they got back to India.

Not Canada's fault. It was the illegals fault for trying to enter Canada illegally. They were sent back for coming here illegally which happens to many that come to Canada illegally. I guess that they were shot for some reason by the government. Maybe they were considered terrorists. But I guess we will never know why now.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

These were British Protected Persons who had as much legal right to seek a better life in the New World as your own ancestors. The only lawbreaking going on was in the misadministration of BC's and Canada's laws by a bunch of racists.

Here we go again. They were sent back because the government was racist. How do you know that for a fact? Answer please?

One of the reasons I heard for sending them back was because Canada had an unemployment problem, and did not need anymore new immigrants to come to Canada, and take jobs away from the white Canadian racists, as you called them.

Harper apologized for native residential schools and to the Chinese-Canadians for the head tax. Was he doing whatever it took to get elected by apologizing to minorities?

They all do it for the vote. Most politicians are classless bunch, and only want to appear to be politically correct to the public. A public who believes just about everything told to them by their political hero's. They are shameful wimps.

I apologize on behalf of the aboriginals who stormed settlers settlements, scalped them and took their wares. I also apologize for the settlers who shot aboriginals at random and took their land.

There, we are even!

Lets get on with getting those developments going!

Not Canada's fault. It was the illegals fault for trying to enter Canada illegally. They were sent back for coming here illegally which happens to many that come to Canada illegally. I guess that they were shot for some reason by the government. Maybe they were considered terrorists. But I guess we will never know why now.

The British shot them.