America under President Trump

3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Like the ceremony held when the Democrats stopped openly supporting the KKK?

If you weren't too busy reading Breitbart, you'd know that the NAACP also praised Byrd after he died.

Because of Byrd’s evolution on race and equality, the NAACP issued a statement praising him at the time of his death. “Senator Byrd came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda, doing well on the NAACP Annual Civil Rights Report Card,” said Hilary O. Shelton, director of the NAACP Washington bureau and senior vice president for advocacy and policy.

Or are you accusing them of being Klan supporters as well?

Geez, the level of debate of this forum used to reach that of Kindergarten.

26 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I understand what he meant. Those structures have not gone away, will not go away just because they making goods for the west. The economic and cultural divide remains. Behold.

Fair enough, but these things aren't binary either.  Change happens at some pace, and you and I could discuss what is acceptable there.

1 hour ago, ReeferMadness said:

If you weren't too busy reading Breitbart, you'd know that the NAACP also praised Byrd after he died.

Or are you accusing them of being Klan supporters as well?

Geez, the level of debate of this forum used to reach that of Kindergarten.

Poor misunderstood KKK...how DARE I suggest they were a Democrat sort of thang.

More "alternative facts" by Mr. President.

On Friday, Mr. Trump said that once the United States resumed the intake of refugees, Christians would receive priority. Until recently, “If you were a Muslim you could come in, but if you were a Christian, it was almost impossible,” he told Christian Broadcasting News.

In fact, the United States accepts tens of thousands of Christian refugees. According to the Pew Research Center, almost as many Christian refugees (37,521) were admitted as Muslim refugees (38,901) in the 2016 fiscal year.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/27/world/middleeast/muslims-trump-visa-restrictions-.html?_r=0

Trump's "Muslim ban" happens to not apply to countries where his company does business....

CEO in Chief!  

http://www.smh.com.au/world/donald-trumps-muslim-ban-excludes-countries-in-which-he-has-business-ties-20170128-gu0ptl.html

Also absurdly absent are Pakistan, Turkey and Afghanistan – all of them hotbeds of terror. In excluding them, Trump is grovelling to their leaders, not making a gesture to their people.

In the 40 years to 2015, not a single American was killed on US soil by citizens from any of the seven countries targeted - Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen - according to research by the conservative-leaning Cato Institute.

According to a series of tweets Jason Kenney, the ban applies to people who renounced their citizenship to any of the 7 countries.  As long as they were from those places, they're banned.  I can't confirm that, but, if true, that's even worse than I thought.  

1 minute ago, Smallc said:

According to a series of tweets Jason Kenney, the ban applies to people who renounced their citizenship to any of the 7 countries.  As long as they were from those places, they're banned.  I can't confirm that, but, if true, that's even worse than I thought.  

No, it is far better.   A total..complete..arbitrary BAN !   

120 days methinks....until President Trump can cook up another evil scheme against Islamic terrorists.