America under President Trump

Hey now. Trump's current tax and fiscal policies have increased the deficit to 1 trillion annually and the US continues to be one of the most indebted nations in the world saddled with interest on the deficit which has in fact bankrupt the nation.

But wait, Trump is the saviour. The US economy has never been better I mean com eon the unemployment rate has dropped. The fact is its producing less jobs then it did under the last two years of the commie bastard Obama's reign. Go look. In Obama's 2nd term an average of 217,000 jobs per month were created. Under Trump its averaged 185,000 per month a difference of 384,000 jobs a year or 3 million jobs in 8 years.

Under that communist sob Obama the average GDP growth per year was 2.2%. Under King Donald the One and Only, its the same give or take a .1% difference in favour for Trump for one year of  his term.

What Trump cultists won't discuss is that Trump passed a law ending low interest rates and this means in the next 4 year term car, home. student loans, credit cards, business loans all will rise costing the average American and causing them to become poorer wiping out any gains he claims he has given them in tax cuts.

Why do Trump cultists not tell you since 2017 under King Donald, gas prices have risen 30% after all that bragging about how the US now controls its own destiny in gas prices by Trump by increasing its production to all time highs which he said would lower gas prices.

Let's look at another statistic Trump cultists do not care about. The US has always been a nation where if you could not afford private health insurance you could and would die of illnesses people with such insurance could get and not die from. However the rate of Americans without medical insurance dropped from 18.0 per cent in 2013 to 10.9 percent in 2016 because of government initiatives under Obama. Since medical insurance is considered communism in the US you bet Trump called it dirty communism and now the uninsured rate went back up to 12.2% by the end of 2017, or another 3-4 million people without medical insurance. Anyone under the remaining ACA government medical program will now be faced with very large premium rates meaning many more are going to become uninsured but remember now when you are a Trump supporter people without medical coverage are not a concern. Its not a priority. There is no thought as to what happens when people are sick and have no medical coverage and how that leads to a ripple effect of increase in crime and bankrupt hospitals.

Oh but Trump supporters tell you Trump is the best US President ever for the economy. You heard him in his state of the union Uh yah.

This is whyt after all his tax cuts were given to corporations and high income earners there have been no gains to the Dow Jones index in his first term in office.

Then again you see Trump cultists drink Reagonomics koolaid. They believe tax cuts generates economic growth. Reality is not something Trump cultists like to deal with. Under the Reagan 8 year term he made massive tax cuts and when this did not generate economic growth proving the trickle down effect was absolute bull shit, Reagan then ushered in the largest tax increase in US history. Lol but when you listen to Trumpies, Ronald Reagan was an economic guru and Trump is carrying out his legacy. Bull shit.

Look at the net effect on Americans. Trump's tax cuts do not benefit the average American. They are and have always been designed to allow an elite network to accumulate more wealth while the average American grows poorer faced with ever increasing debts. 

Trump boasts about his new trade deal. Bull shit. He had nothing to do with it and what it does, is assure certain uncompetitive economic activities are protected in the US forcing Americans to buy more expensive American aluminum, steel and other products rather than engage in true free trade and access cheaper but just as good if not better products from Canada. Hey you know Trump believes in free enterprise....or does he. He believes in controlled market prices for American businesses costing Americans more costs and the trickle down is not going to wages. Wages are down, gas prices and interest rates up. In fact his trade tarrifs  prevent true free competitive trade with Canada and enable US companies to charge Americans more and not allow them to have a choice in what they buy. He's used free trade to impose uncompetitive higher consumer costs on his beloved Americans.

Now then the cultists on this board buy into his hype. I mean come on he has his own jet and he has an empire and when he gets off his jet the song "money money money" magically comes out from the heavens above. Well actually no. He comes off Air Foce 1 and gets lost walking buy his limo.

God bless Trump. 4  more years.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Rue said:

Hey now. Trump's current tax and fiscal policies have increased the deficit to 1 trillion annually and the US continues to be one of the most indebted nations in the world saddled with interest on the deficit which has in fact bankrupt the nation.

So ?    Trump is hardly the first president (and Congress) to run deficits.    Just in today:

US productivity up 1.7% in 2019, best gain in 9 years

WASHINGTON — U.S. productivity rebounded in the final three months of last year, helping to boost productivity growth for the year to the best showing in nearly a decade.

The Labor Department’s Bureau of Labor Statistics said Thursday that productivity grew at an annual rate of 1.4% in the October-December quarter, reversing the direction of a 0.2% drop during the third quarter.

For the year, productivity increased 1.7%, up from 1.3% advances in both 2017 and 2018. While a 1.7% rise in productivity is considered modest, it was the best annual showing since a 3.4% advance in 2010.

http://www.tribtown.com/2020/02/06/us-productivity/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I know! Oh the outrage... people who know my views won't even talk to me at work.   :D

I posted this at CBC...imagine Frank singing.

--------------------------

Those fingers ripping papers in her chair.
Into that guy's back she does stare.
That flipping out in public fare...
It's a witch-hunt.

And she's got no more recourse for it,
The Senate simply wouldn't fall for it.
No one to burn, oh what to do?
'Cause it's a witch hunt,
A failed witch hunt,
And although she knows it's a game for fools.
He arouses a political need in her...

Without him she'd have nothing to do.

-------------------------------

Oh the protests! "Brigaded"...lol...triggering that lot is fun.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2020 at 6:45 AM, Rue said:

Hey now. Trump's current tax and fiscal policies....

Rue the economy is fairly cyclical. It gets better, worse, better.... It's not completely within the control of the POTUS but they have a big hand in guiding it.

Obama took over the economy at the very bottom of the cycle. He passed the second stimulus bill proposed by GWB and the economy got going again. The fact that there was a new President probably helped with economic confidence, and Obama can have ample credit for the fact that, for whatever reason the economy got going under him.

A good analogy for the Trump/Obama economies is like an ex gym-rat going back to the gym after a year off. The gains will come very quickly at first: more endurance, more strength, more fat loss, more muscle gain. They go from being able to do 20 pushups to 50 pushups in a month, an increase of 2.5x. It's all fairly encouraging. Then when they get back to roughly where they were the gains are quite minor by comparison. To get from 50 pushups to 125 in a month is completely unrealistic and will not happen without PEDs. 

Trump took over when the economy was already back in shape. GDP growth was already slowing, the Dow had been in a two year plateau and actually started dropping quite a bit in the weeks right before the election, things were back to normal. Trump took the gym rat body from where it usually peaks and increased it from there, and he did it quite quickly. The Dow IS at 160% of where it has ever been before. Unemployment among key demographics IS the lowest it has ever been. Wage growth already IS 4x higher than it was under Obama in just 3 years. And that all happened while the US was getting major concessions from China on trade. It's like the gym rat kept his cake-eating, party lifestyle and still had his best workout results ever.

This doesn't touch on the fact that Obama turned the ME into a dumpster fire. Iraq went straight to hell. He let islamic state grow into a large country. He let dictators gas their people and just made frowny faces at them. He made the US famous for drone-striking civilians. He let members of a US Embassy get killed and he didn't lift a finger. The entire US was experiencing the worst rioting, looting, arson and cop-killing it had seen since the '60s. Race relations were getting worse by the day. 

If you can't see many ways in which the US (and the world) improved VASTLY since Trump came into the WH then that's just squarely on you for putting your own head in the sand. 

Americans have more money, there are no riots, cops aren't getting ambushed, islamic state isn't a country anymore, dictators know damn well that they can't gas people, the job of terrorist spokesperson is suddenly very unpopular, NATO members are paying more, there have been almost NO US soldiers coming home in bodybags, the FBI's criminal activity has been exposed, fake media is facing actual criticism.... there are a lot of extremely positive results coming out all the time. 

Your inability to see good changes that are occurring, and your morbid fascination with obviously-fake news stories is a worrisome combo. You might want to take some Vitamin D supplements, eat healthier, drink more water, and get some more exercise. Sitting is the new smoking. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Your inability to see good changes that are occurring, and your morbid fascination with obviously-fake news stories is a worrisome combo. You might want to take some Vitamin D supplements, eat healthier, drink more water, and get some more exercise.

@ Rue. I'd like to add that WCM's advice coupled with EFNT (Enforced Fox News Therapy) will work wonders to correct your inability to see the good changes he's talking about.  It hurts a little at first but no pain no gain right?

Image result for a clockwork orange

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, eyeball said:

@ Rue. I'd like to add that WCM's advice coupled with EFNT (Enforced Fox News Therapy) will work wonders to correct your inability to see the good changes he's talking about.  It hurts a little at first but no pain no gain right?

Image result for a clockwork orange

What do you know?

eyeball is also among those who completely refuse to acknowledge actual, indisputable facts.

And like the true coward that you are, you still won't even name the fake newz sources where you get your info. All we know is that with the benefit of hindsight, I end up being right and you end up being wrong every single time.

Intellectually you're like a little dog just barking at bigger dogs all the time. You yap until you're finally in a position where you have to cower down, but then you just up and bark about something else.

You know the sad part? You're not even the guy in that photo, because he needed to be tortured to do someone else's bidding. You just do it because you're a total follower and you lack the ability to process information yourself.  

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 4:24 AM, Rue said:

Of course it has something to do with justice. The impeachment process is a system designed to replace a conventional criminal prosecution to hold a President accountable when they are engaged in criminal behaviour to prevent injustice.  Lol you do though nicely summarize how you Trump cultees have NO standards of justice for how Trump behaves.

BC knows a lot more about how the American system works than you will ever know about anything. You are just all talk with no walk. Just my opinion of course. :lol:

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Rue the economy is fairly cyclical. It gets better, worse, better.... It's not completely within the control of the POTUS but they have a big hand in guiding it.

Obama took over the economy at the very bottom of the cycle. He passed the second stimulus bill proposed by GWB and the economy got going again. The fact that there was a new President probably helped with economic confidence, and Obama can have ample credit for the fact that, for whatever reason the economy got going under him.

A good analogy for the Trump/Obama economies is like an ex gym-rat going back to the gym after a year off. The gains will come very quickly at first: more endurance, more strength, more fat loss, more muscle gain. They go from being able to do 20 pushups to 50 pushups in a month, an increase of 2.5x. It's all fairly encouraging. Then when they get back to roughly where they were the gains are quite minor by comparison. To get from 50 pushups to 125 in a month is completely unrealistic and will not happen without PEDs. 

Trump took over when the economy was already back in shape. GDP growth was already slowing, the Dow had been in a two year plateau and actually started dropping quite a bit in the weeks right before the election, things were back to normal. Trump took the gym rat body from where it usually peaks and increased it from there, and he did it quite quickly. The Dow IS at 160% of where it has ever been before. Unemployment among key demographics IS the lowest it has ever been. Wage growth already IS 4x higher than it was under Obama in just 3 years. And that all happened while the US was getting major concessions from China on trade. It's like the gym rat kept his cake-eating, party lifestyle and still had his best workout results ever.

This doesn't touch on the fact that Obama turned the ME into a dumpster fire. Iraq went straight to hell. He let islamic state grow into a large country. He let dictators gas their people and just made frowny faces at them. He made the US famous for drone-striking civilians. He let members of a US Embassy get killed and he didn't lift a finger. The entire US was experiencing the worst rioting, looting, arson and cop-killing it had seen since the '60s. Race relations were getting worse by the day. 

If you can't see many ways in which the US (and the world) improved VASTLY since Trump came into the WH then that's just squarely on you for putting your own head in the sand. 

Americans have more money, there are no riots, cops aren't getting ambushed, islamic state isn't a country anymore, dictators know damn well that they can't gas people, the job of terrorist spokesperson is suddenly very unpopular, NATO members are paying more, there have been almost NO US soldiers coming home in bodybags, the FBI's criminal activity has been exposed, fake media is facing actual criticism.... there are a lot of extremely positive results coming out all the time. 

Your inability to see good changes that are occurring, and your morbid fascination with obviously-fake news stories is a worrisome combo. You might want to take some Vitamin D supplements, eat healthier, drink more water, and get some more exercise. Sitting is the new smoking. 

Talking to someone like Rue is just an exercise in futility. Some people are just plain clueless about everything but yet they try and pretend all the time that they know all. Just my opinion of course. ;)

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

What do you know?

eyeball is also among those who completely refuse to acknowledge actual, indisputable facts.

And like the true coward that you are, you still won't even name the fake newz sources where you get your info.

You're right...I'm so sorry.  I should have come clean with you a long time ago.

I get my news from my TV, the Internet, newspapers, poster's links in this forum.  I have at least 16 news channels on my cable subscription. These include Fox, Global, CTV, CBC, Chek, NBC, Euronews, BBC, Al Jazeera and others. I tried to delete CNN but our cable provider doesn't believe in free speech so...effing deep-state...its everywhere.

I occasionally browse our stores magazine rack's which are filled with all sorts news sources and I also have a subscription to National Geographic.

If there are any of these sources that you know are part of the hate Trump Media mob could you please point them out and I'll stop watching them?  I'd really like to go to bed at night with a heart that isn't troubled.

Thanks so much.  BTW how long do I need EFNT? The enforcement clamps really hurt my eyelids.

Edited by eyeball
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

You didn't vote for him because of this.  :lol:  And you predicted correctly, although it's worse than predicted.

We're you wrong then or now ?

It wasn't a prediction so much as fiscal reality given Trump's rhetoric.

...and the U.S. Congress.

More Trump winning...so much winning....beautiful winning !

WASHINGTON — A federal appeals court panel threw out on Friday a lawsuit by 215 Democratic members of Congress accusing President Trump of illegally accepting benefits from foreign governments, saying that individual lawmakers cannot sue the president on behalf of the entire Congress.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/07/us/emoluments-trump-democrats.html

• Like 1

President Trump had a very good week....fabulous week...beautiful week:

8 very good things that happened to Donald Trump this week

2) In the wake of Iowa, there was a rising sentiment within the Democratic Party -- and among odds-makers -- that Sanders was the most likely nominee against Trump.

3) Trump's State of the Union speech was lauded by conservatives

4) Trump was acquitted on both articles of impeachment by a near-party line vote.

5) New Gallup polling showed his job approval at 49%, the highest that number has been in the duration of his presidency.

6) On Friday, a federal judge threw out a case brought by House Democrats

8) A bipartisan report from the Senate Intelligence Committee said that the response by the Obama administration to the evidence of Russian involvement in the 2016 election was inadequate. 

.... But what we know as of right now is that Trump is sitting in the strongest position to be reelected in November in many months. And that prospect has to make Democrats, who look like they may be in for an extended primary fight, very nervous.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/politics/donald-trump-2020/index.html

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 5:14 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

So ?    Trump is hardly the first president (and Congress) to run deficits.    Just in today:

Hah. As long as its Trump and not a Democrat or Trudeau doing it you are just fine with it Lol.

Edited by Rue