America under President Trump

1 hour ago, Shady said:

So what?  The sentence is ridiculous.  The jury was not impartial.  Justice wasn’t served.  But that’s ok with you because orange man bad.  More Trump Derangement Syndrome rears it’s ugly head.  Sad.

Hey, I think its just fine that the Orange Man rears his ugly head and sticks his face in things, you know perfectly well I've been saying go Trump go ever since day one and why. I'd be just as happy if the Democrats implode during the next election and disappear from the face of the Earth. One down one to go as I see it. 

It's always amusing to see how utterly and determinedly partisan conservatives get. Notice we don't see very many Canadians least of all me actually defending or taking Democrats side during this, but then you people seem to think that anything shy of not having your tongue up Trump's ass like Sean Hannity is proof you have TDS. That's even funnier. That said...Trump is a buffoon a crook and a total degenerate and anyone who doesn't get that should go read the Emperor's New Clothes - but then that's exactly why I think Trump is the perfect face for America to be presenting to the world...especially in this day and age.

It would seem more like I was on your side if Trump was an ugly Orange Headed Democrat but maybe next time.

Edited by eyeball

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Hey, I think its just fine that the Orange Man rears his ugly head and sticks his face in things, you know perfectly well I've been saying go Trump go ever since day one and why. I'd be just as happy if the Democrats implode during the next election and disappear from the face of the Earth. One down one to go as I see it. 

It's always amusing to see how utterly and determinedly partisan conservatives get. Notice we don't see very many Canadians least of all me actually defending or taking Democrats side during this, but then you people seem to think that anything shy of not having your tongue up Trump's ass like Sean Hannity is proof you have TDS. That's even funnier. That said...Trump is a buffoon a crook and a total degenerate and anyone who doesn't get that should go read the Emperor's New Clothes - but then that's exactly why I think Trump is the perfect face for America to be presenting to the world...especially in this day and age.

It would seem more like I was on your side if Trump was an ugly Orange Headed Democrat but maybe next time.

That’s a great diatribe.  But completely irrelevant to the unfair trial that was conducted against Roger Stone.  But I know I know, orange man bad so it doesn’t matter.  

27 minutes ago, Shady said:

That’s a great diatribe.  But completely irrelevant to the unfair trial that was conducted against Roger Stone.  But I know I know, orange man bad so it doesn’t matter.  

These people are truly expecting the next leader should be some kind of virtuous hero. Gallant and of course, good looking. Remember how they fell fr that winning Obama grin... man got a peace prize and he hadn't even been in the White House long enough to fart.

45 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

These people are truly expecting the next leader should be some kind of virtuous hero. Gallant and of course, good looking. Remember how they fell fr that winning Obama grin... man got a peace prize and he hadn't even been in the White House long enough to fart.

No I'm pretty much embracing the bigotry of really low expectations.  Another 4 years to set the tone should do wonders. 

Edited by eyeball

50 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No I'm pretty much embracing the bigotry of really low expectations.  Another 4 years to set the tone should do wonders. 

You should try embracing reality. I mean, for a change... There are even worse countries and leaders in the world who would be completely thrilled with the kind of tree-hugging pansies you people would elect. You peaceniks are a danger to society.

43 minutes ago, Shady said:

You still refuse to answer for the terrible sentence, and the biased jury.  I know why though, because orange man bad.

I can see you're quite devastated by this but I haven't bothered speaking to it because I'm not a lawyer so I really just don't know. You seem to trust Trump's assertions this is all part of a insidious Deepstate attack on justice, democracy and the will of the people by enemies of the people so it must come as a a great relief that Trump asserts the the right to intervene in criminal cases under his AG's purview and can make it all go away.

On 2/12/2020 at 6:12 PM, Shady said:

He wasn’t president yet when he was running in 2016.  So tax returns now or then are irrelevant.  

Of course they are. It goes to the basic issue of his credibility. Again the fact you don't want to acknowledge anything that could show something defective about his morality does not make it irrelevant. Clearly your definition of irrelevant is based on your subjective partisan perspective that anything negative about him should be ignored.

Edited by Rue

11 hours ago, Shady said:

You still refuse to answer for the terrible sentence, and the biased jury.  I know why though, because orange man bad.

How can Eye answer for the Republican Senators? Only they can. As for the orange man, if you see nothing wrong in what he did it would me impossible for Eye to do anything about that. You might want to consider cornea transplants or maybe a new glasses prescription?

Edited by Rue

4 minutes ago, Rue said:

You forgot this one two over from the one you chose:

Yes Rue but once again you have missed the point entirely. Mine was the official White House photo. The point was not to trigger the forum member with an image of Trump, but to show there was an answer to his challenge. Do something about it? Why yes I would. But I'm a canadian so I'll just sit here and enjoy the soap opera. Pas the popcorn, fella. ANd a beer of course

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

Yes Rue but once again you have missed the point entirely. Mine was the official White House photo. The point was not to trigger the forum member with an image of Trump, but to show there was an answer to his challenge. Do something about it? Why yes I would. But I'm a canadian so I'll just sit here and enjoy the soap opera. Pas the popcorn, fella. ANd a beer of course

Hey mine was an official portrait of Don off duty.

9 minutes ago, Rue said:

Hey mine was an official portrait of Don off duty.

Yes, I know. Such jeering and drive-by swipes use to be merely an annoyance to me, a while ago. Now I find them amusing to the extent that they are all the eviscerated left has to offer, going forward. It's going to be a long 5 years...

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

I can see you're quite devastated by this but I haven't bothered speaking to it because I'm not a lawyer so I really just don't know. You seem to trust Trump's assertions this is all part of a insidious Deepstate attack on justice, democracy and the will of the people by enemies of the people so it must come as a a great relief that Trump asserts the the right to intervene in criminal cases under his AG's purview and can make it all go away.

You’re not a lot of things, but that doesn’t stop you from commenting on many different issues.  Why stop now?  Regardless, nobody said anything about deepstate.  That’s just a strawman argument.  The jury issue is in the news, and has been widely reported on.  You should look into it.  

26 minutes ago, Rue said:

Of course they are. It goes to the basic issue of his credibility. Again the fact you don't want to acknowledge anything that could show something defective about his morality does not make it irrelevant. Clearly your definition of irrelevant is based on your subjective partisan perspective that anything negative about him should be ignored.

The IRS gets his tax returns every single year, and has for the last 50 years.  Regardless, making tax returns public isn’t mandated by any law, it’s a privilege to see them, not a right.  Voting for somebody should be based on where they stand on issues you think are important.  Not based on somebody’s income.

21 minutes ago, Rue said:

How can Eye answer for the Republican Senators? Only they can. As for the orange man, if you see nothing wrong in what he did it would me impossible for Eye to do anything about that. You might want to consider cornea transplants or maybe a new glasses prescription?

What do Republican senators have to do with Roger Stones trial and jail sentence?  What do they have to do with his jury?  That makes no sense.  But I know, orange man bad.

11 minutes ago, Shady said:

You’re not a lot of things, but that doesn’t stop you from commenting on many different issues.  Why stop now?  Regardless, nobody said anything about deepstate.  That’s just a strawman argument.  The jury issue is in the news, and has been widely reported on.  You should look into it.  

I'm not stopping, Stone's case is just one more thing.  And the Deepstate is in the news and Donald Trump's head all the time and as much as you might wish Trump would forget it he just keeps on trucking.  Everyone should be looking very carefully at what's in or isn't in that big stupid orange head.

As I've pointed out before I suspect GW Bush thanks God every morning that he wasn't the stupidest president in history after all.

52 minutes ago, eyeball said:

As I've pointed out before I suspect GW Bush thanks God every morning that he wasn't the stupidest president in history after all.

Two wars under Bush, none with Trump so far. In fact, wars averted under Trump and scaled down. US Generals, angry and disappointed. Resigning in protest, even. The man just doesn't listen. Apparently that's a good thing in some cases, if you'll take note.

TDS is a helluva drug, hey? But you wouldn't know about that, being the impartial, balanced and wise and not to mention sanctimonious lying little dog-faced pony soldier that you are. 

58 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I'm not stopping, Stone's case is just one more thing.  And the Deepstate is in the news and Donald Trump's head all the time and as much as you might wish Trump would forget it he just keeps on trucking.  Everyone should be looking very carefully at what's in or isn't in that big stupid orange head.

Once again, the deepstate is irrelevant, and has nothing to do with this issue.  The issue is the sentence and the jury, in particular one specific juror.  This also has nothing to do with George W Bush.  You’re a pyromaniac in a field of strawmen.

Edited by Shady

20 hours ago, eyeball said:

It's always amusing to see how utterly and determinedly partisan conservatives get.

That's just your own incomprehensible lack of understanding poking through again.

To say that Roger Stone should go to jail for 7-9 years for the same things that other people didn't serve a single day in jail for is utterly stupid. The word partisan does not apply here, at all. It's just a matter of equal justice under the law, which is a cornerstone of democracy.

Hillary defied a subpoena and destroyed evidence. Bill lied under oath to the FBI and was also guilty of witness tampering just like Stone. Members of the FBI lied to the FISA court 17 times and started a 3-yr-long public smear campaign against a duly elected President (and Stone's sentencing is a part of that farcical endeavour). If those guys don't have to serve a day in prison for all that then why should Roger Stone do 3,000 days? He should not, period. That's a [partisan] joke.

At this point, why should anyone in the USA ever be punished in any way, shape or form for disobeying a subpoena from Congress again? The precedent has been set at zeeerooww in the email case. Zero. You shouldn't go to jail for that now unless you do something outrageous like throw a Destruction Of Evidence party and post a video of it on FB.

This isn't partisan muttering. If your best friend destroys evidence that was required by a subpoena from Congress should they go to jail? Does that change if they're a registered voter for the GOP or Dems? Does it change if they're a mayor? A Congressman? Senator? What if it's dialamah or Argus? Does dialamah go free and Argus gets 8 years? Where do you set the bar now, for locking people up, and yet not have that be a partisan decision? Can it just be random? Can justice be random? I propose that it shouldn't be. 

You're actually the one who is engaging in partisan politics eyeball. 

3 hours ago, Rue said:

How is it that the same people who are outraged at Trump making a [*sensible, accurate] tweet aren't bothered at all by the fact that Trudeau ran rough-shod across our justice system just to let the criminal entity known as SNC Lavalin go unpunished? 

* 7-9 years actually is a farce, as I have explained previously.