America under President Trump

6 hours ago, betsy said:

Excuse me, but you're the one who isn't making any sense.  You're arguing for nothing.

Are you kidding me?

6 hours ago, betsy said:

I don't care if you think having used the holocaust is a bullshit reason.  That's not the point.

It is the point. It's used as the main reason that created Israel, while ignoring 60 years of Zionist planning to resurrect Israel.  Israel was always going to exist again, REGARDLESS of the reasons that people claim (aka the holocaust). So it is the point and you are the one who is arguring for nothing. Because you agree with me, but then turn around to make another post that indicates you don't agree with me and then say it's not important. That's your gimmick and it sucks.

6 hours ago, betsy said:

The State of Israel has finally existed because of the holocaust!   Imagine.....they've been planning to have a nation for 60 years.  They've been buying up land since the time of the ottoman......and yet, did we see any state of Israel?   What was  decades of merely planning, got fast-tracked because of the Holocaust! 

Think of it like 9/11. The reasons for starting the war on terror are bullshit, but the implications of that has been felt all over the world for close to 20 years now.

6 hours ago, betsy said:

Anyway, you admit it's a fact they did use the Holocaust.   Therefore, you're saying the Holocaust was the reason.  It's a fact!  That's, the point.

I never said they did not use it as a reason, I said it as a bullshit reason and I stand by that notion. 

6 hours ago, betsy said:

You're now saying the same thing that I'm saying.  Case closed. 

No, it's more of you are saying what I have been saying. We can go back a page or two to see just that. But sure case closed, let's move on.

4 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Are you kidding me?

It is the point. It's used as the main reason that created Israel, while ignoring 60 years of Zionist planning to resurrect Israel.  Israel was always going to exist again, REGARDLESS of the reasons that people claim (aka the holocaust). So it is the point and you are the one who is arguring for nothing. Because you agree with me, but then turn around to make another post that indicates you don't agree with me and then say it's not important. That's your gimmick and it sucks.

Think of it like 9/11. The reasons for starting the war on terror are bullshit, but the implications of that has been felt all over the world for close to 20 years now.

I never said they did not use it as a reason, I said it as a bullshit reason and I stand by that notion. 

No, it's more of you are saying what I have been saying. We can go back a page or two to see just that. But sure case closed, let's move on.

Read your statement (in red). 

If it's used as the main reason why the State of Israel got created - then, it's being used as the reason.  :lol: 

Whether you think they're justified to use it, or whether they completely forgot or ignored the planning stage from 60 years past, or whether it's a bullshit reason....... is not the point.  The State of Israel became a reality in 1948!

As for your analogy on war on terror and 9/11 - that's not correctly stated, if you want to use that analogy.   The 9/11 attack being the reason for starting the war on terror may be bullshit (according to you), but it still stands that 9/11 attack had started the war on terror. 

The 9/11 attack is analogous to the Holocaust.  The war on terror is analogous with the creation of State of Israel.

Go ahead.  Review from where we started on this - page 387.

Edited by betsy

It's pretty Lulz that the new Scandal is that the Federal Bureau of INVESTIGATION! Investigated someone's campaign that they thought might be colluding with Russia. 

Trump is calling it Spygate. So I guess he was filming other candidates practices. 

It's fascinating to watch Trump try not only to discredit the media, but the civil service, intel, the judiciary, and the FBI---all in the most clumsy and transparent fashion. It's like his supporters hate the country as much as he does (which is likely true), and just want to burn it down. Sad.

Meanwhile, Trump's approval ratings continue to improve, impacting state races...as in California.   Sad for Democrats.

All that talk of a Democratic blue wave sweeping congressional races in California could be for naught if a new poll is on target: It shows President Trump’s approval rating surging to 50 percent in Orange County, site of four tight races that could determine whether Republicans hold the House.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Trump-s-rising-popularity-is-bad-news-for-Dems-12935501.php

On 23 May, 2018 at 1:50 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Meanwhile, Trump's approval ratings continue to improve, impacting state races...as in California.   Sad for Democrats.

Wow, one district. 

Remember when you yawned when the Dems won a Senate seat in Alabama? 

"Victory" is a questionable word, given James Clapper's recent evaluation of the events. He said it was a targeted and successful attack by Russia to change the result of the election. But if you consider it strictly a "vitory" for Putin, you'd be right.

I guess it's time to start attacking Clapper's character.

20 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Russians...Canadians...Mexicans...makes no difference who tries to influence a U.S. election...they all do it..."because it matters so much".

Now only if Americans can influence their own elections.  That would be sweet.

18 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

:lol:  I know I am supposed to provide substantive comment in any post but I can't come up with anything except perhaps 'atta boy'

Because that should be the most important. Since Americans don't have any real influence over their own elections, it almost feels like America could use some freedom. But no, over the past 30 years with the help of Dems and Reps to bring the US to this stage where the selection of candidates is so terrible.  Now we would get a snappy witty response about 'Canada', but that wears thin as we already see the veneer of Trudeau wearing off, which again I predicted.  I've been right more often than I want to admit.

27 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Because that should be the most important. Since Americans don't have any real influence over their own elections, it almost feels like America could use some freedom.

In this day and age of readily available, instantly consumed media it's easier to make a "statement" from anywhere in the world. Certain freedom can, in some cases, put us at risk if applied dogmatically, as though they are always morally the right thing to do. Our "enemies" such as the Russians, Chinese, are very interested in exploiting whatever weakness they can, to gain influence in our politics.

"Influence" however does not necessarily mean they significantly affected the final outcome. It's still just the Americans who get to vote.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

"Influence" however does not necessarily mean they significantly affected the final outcome. It's still just the Americans who get to vote.

True....and if Hillary Clinton had become U.S. president instead of Trump, it would have been a "victory" for her voters and "democracy".

Lots of eligible American voters don't even bother to do so.

On 5/27/2018 at 1:52 PM, OftenWrong said:

In this day and age of readily available, instantly consumed media it's easier to make a "statement" from anywhere in the world. Certain freedom can, in some cases, put us at risk if applied dogmatically, as though they are always morally the right thing to do. Our "enemies" such as the Russians, Chinese, are very interested in exploiting whatever weakness they can, to gain influence in our politics.

Americans don't get to select their candidates.  They get to select from whoever the party puts forth.  Their vote does not seem to mean much.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

The swamp seems to be gone, but it's just because the water level has risen to put the foliage out of sight.  Of course, it's fine because might makes right, and Trumpites don't believe in 'conflict of interest' as long as a businessman is making a profit.

Hey, better to have a guy like Trump who at least is willing to do something about the immigration mess and drain the swamp that the dumbocrats put America into instead of having Hillary as dictator who would have left the immigration flood gates wide open and fed the swamp with more sludge.

Great for Ivanka and no thanks too some of her own American people who tried to have her clothes line dumped into the swamp. People like you don't seem to realize how the world is better off with Trump as President of America. You are your own worse enemy. 

Everybody who owns a business is out to make a profit. No point going into business with the intention to losing money, eh?  There is no "conflict of interest". More liberal bull chit. 

Also - conflict of interest means acting in two roles that have competing interests.  That would include taking money from China while allowing them to get out of security sanctions.  Also called corruption.  I only point it out for people who might read the above posts not knowing about this cretinous president.

10 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

The answer is: might makes right.  Those of us who care about people will have to settle for being memorialized in 100 years.

Agreed...and those who spend their time preaching about and expecting otherwise certainly deserve their own windmill memorial.

Care about people on your own dime.

16 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

1) Agreed...and those who spend their time preaching about and expecting otherwise certainly deserve their own windmill memorial.

2) Care about people on your own dime.

1) I still have a right to free speech, thanks to MLW and the founding fathers.

2) Scroll on past if you don't like your immoral president's misdeeds pointed out

Squawking about America's misdeeds all the time is pointless, but never saying anything about them is worse.

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) I still have a right to free speech, thanks to MLW and the founding fathers.

2) Scroll on past if you don't like your immoral president's misdeeds pointed out

Squawking about America's misdeeds all the time is pointless, but never saying anything about them is worse.

Which president(s) would that be if not all of them ?   Why hold Trump to a different standard ?

Like I posted...present windmill memorials for all the sanctimony and righteousness...it must be worth something...to somebody.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

1) Which president(s) would that be if not all of them ?   Why hold Trump to a different standard ?

2) Like I posted...present windmill memorials for all the sanctimony and righteousness...it must be worth something...to somebody.

1) Because he's the worst in (at least) memory ?

2) It will provide shade to travellers and passers-by.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) Because he's the worst in (at least) memory ?

2) It will provide shade to travellers and passers-by.

Now I get it...the domain is only your memory...that explains a lot.

Trump is just another American president.   Like all the others, many books will be written about him.

Then the Americans will pick another one for you to worry about.

• Thanks 1