America under President Trump

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

He could actually. But even if he doesn't his "agenda" will be about as stalled as Obama's was. 

No big deal....that's how it has always worked.    Like Obama, Trump can still issue many executive orders for his "agenda".

There is no way in hell that Trump will cause the loss of over 1,000 federal and state offices to the Democrats.

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No big deal....that's how it has always worked.    Like Obama, Trump can still issue many executive orders for his "agenda".

Ahhh so that's how it works. And then when you get a Democratic President he can reverse them all, saying they were illegal. 

I thought I read a headline on CNN the other day showing Trump's popularity is now the highest ever.

Yep-
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/26/politics/cnn-poll-trump-approval-rating-rises/index.html 

People might be feeling "Trump Derangement Syndrome Fatigue", a condition in which one gets sick and tired of listening to hysterical media hype that never pans out, and stops giving a crap.

Donald Trump became President of the United States in part because Democrats lost their way on immigration, blurring legal lines for progressive ideals and political expediency.

Trump exploited this vulnerability, and continues to do so.   President Obama was smart enough to skirt around the trap....Hillary Clinton was not.

How the Democrats Lost Their Way on Immigration

"In Hillary Clinton’s America, the system stays rigged against Americans. Syrian refugees flood in. Illegal immigrants convicted of committing crimes get to stay," states the ad. "Collecting Social Security benefits, skipping the line. Our border open. It’s more of the same, but worse. Donald Trump’s America is secure. Terrorists and dangerous criminals: kept out. The border: secured. Our families: safe. Change that makes America safe again."

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2016/aug/22/donald-trump/donald-trump-says-hillary-clinton-wants-let-crimin/

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Donald Trump became President of the United States in part because Democrats lost their way on immigration, blurring legal lines for progressive ideals and political expediency.

Trump exploited this vulnerability, and continues to do so.   President Obama was smart enough to skirt around the trap....Hillary Clinton was not.

How the Democrats Lost Their Way on Immigration

Indeed...

I think Canadian liberals also haven't learned the lesson correctly from this Trump phenomenon. When the wind slightly blows to the right side, they rush to extreme left to balance it like what a sailor would do to his/her sailboat.

These Canadian politicians are supposed to know better that when you drive a car on icy road, if the car is skidding to right, it will be better that you don't turn the steering wheel to left immediately. You should let go the wheel and let the vehicle to weaken the trend and regain its balance first...then you can consider which direction you want to go---beware, still don't turn the wheel to left too hard unless you want to lose control again...:lol:

Edited by xul
  • Like 2

Team Trump's trade strategy and latest escalation to $100 billion presents China with an interesting problem:

Because the U.S. - China trade imbalance is so large, China can no longer match threatened U.S. tariffs, as China doesn't import nearly as much from the U.S.

China has run out of room to counter Trump's tariff threats unless China imposes tariffs far above Trump's, but China wants to be the adult in the room and not cause further escalation.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Team Trump's trade strategy and latest escalation to $100 billion presents China with an interesting problem:

Because the U.S. - China trade imbalance is so large, China can no longer match threatened U.S. tariffs, as China doesn't import nearly as much from the U.S.

China has run out of room to counter Trump's tariff threats unless China imposes tariffs far above Trump's, but China wants to be the adult in the room and not cause further escalation.  

If Xi couldn't sell any goods to US, maybe he would sell some American debt instead?:lol:

Trump may be right on many things, but he doesn't have a viable strategy to achieve his goal. This is why I think he will fail his voters.

Now he has fired everyone who would come out a viable strategy for him. I think he will disappoint you.

21 minutes ago, xul said:

If Xi couldn't sell any goods to US, maybe he would sell some American debt instead?:lol:

Trump may be right on many things, but he doesn't have a viable strategy to achieve his goal. This is why I think he will fail his voters.

Now he has fired everyone who would come out a viable strategy for him. I think he will disappoint you.

Quite to the contrary, as President Trump has already exceeded my expectations.  

Trump was elected to break things...to disrupt the status quo, and he is having lots of fun doing it.

China (and Canada) worry about what Trump will do next.   Trump matters more than Trudeau.

38 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Quite to the contrary, as President Trump has already exceeded my expectations.  

Trump was elected to break things...to disrupt the status quo, and he is having lots of fun doing it.

China (and Canada) worry about what Trump will do next.   Trump matters more than Trudeau.

If you merely wanted to break things, you wouldn't need a 70 years old man. A kid younger than 7/2=3.5 years old will do better on the job.

Breaking things is easy. To reshape what you have broken to a better one is hard.

1 minute ago, xul said:

If you merely wanted to break things, you wouldn't need a 70 years old man. A kid younger than 7/2=3.5 years old will do better on the job.

Breaking things is easy. To reshape what you have broken to a better one is hard.

Sometimes creative destruction is necessary, otherwise nothing changes for the better.

Trump dares to say/do what many Americans have thought for years.

Trump has higher ratings than the "kid" Justin Trudeau in Canada.

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sometimes creative destruction is necessary, otherwise nothing changes for the better.

Trump dares to say/do what many Americans have thought for years.

Trump has higher ratings than the "kid" Justin Trudeau in Canada.

He doesn't "dare" anything.  He's an old man, likely suffering from early stages of dementia, ranting and raving, unable to remember from day-to-day what he actually believes.

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

He doesn't "dare" anything.  He's an old man, likely suffering from early stages of dementia, ranting and raving, unable to remember from day-to-day what he actually believes.

That's what they said about Ronald Reagan too.

An old President Trump means more to the world than a younger PM Justin Trudeau.

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I think the another variant name of creative destruction is shock therapy. Though the method reportedly has got success in some small countries like Poland, with American help of course, it failed in Post-Soviet because no one outside could help to save the day for a country with such size and population.

Anyway, the success of the method is depend on whether you have a way to create a better one. The key and the goal of the method is to create. Destruction is just the approach to achieve the goal. President Trump's problem is he only destructs things, and have no idea how to create.

Just now, xul said:

...Anyway, the success of the method is depend on whether you have a way to create a better one. The key and the goal of the method is to create. Destruction is just the approach to achieve the goal. President Trump's problem is he only destructs things, and have no idea how to create.

That's OK, as that is his role.   Abraham Lincoln did not survive the Civil War....America would go on to become a world superpower out of destruction.

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So.....President Trump "will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience."

Trump did make an issue of his opponent's age so I have no idea what you are talking about.  Although no doubt you believe his daily lies.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's OK, as that is his role.   Abraham Lincoln did not survive the Civil War....America would go on to become a world superpower out of destruction.

America would go on because there weren't Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping  out there waiting to strike at American weakest moments.....lol....but yes, the major great powers then were busy to compete dominance in Europe, and America then was not as important as today to draw their attention.

10 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Trump did make an issue of his opponent's age so I have no idea what you are talking about.  Although no doubt you believe his daily lies.

That's OK, because now I have a better understanding of your limited experience with U.S. politics and understanding of the reference above.

8 minutes ago, xul said:

America would go on because there weren't Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping  out there waiting to strike at American weakest moments.....lol....but yes, the major great powers then were busy to compete dominance in Europe, and America then was not as important as today to draw their attention.

The point is that America grew stronger out of destrucion (e.g. Civil War, WWI, Great Depression, WW2, Cold War).

Foreigners have only grown more concerned and dependent on who Americans choose as their next president.  

Americans don't give a damn who becomes the Pm of Canada.

19 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Americans don't give a damn who becomes the Pm of Canada.

Yes, Americans do care more about King Jong-un  than who becomes Canadian PM. I think Americans should be grateful for Canada always has such unproblematic leaders.

Edited by xul

8 hours ago, xul said:

Yes, Americans do care more about King Jong-un  than who becomes Canadian PM. I think Americans should grateful for Canada always has such unproblematic leaders.

Canada is an economic and military vassal state to America....China is not.

That is why Justin Trudeau has visited the U.S. so many times as prime minister...he knows this very well.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

12 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada is an economic and military vassal state to America....China is not.

That is why Justin Trudeau has visited the U.S. so many times as prime minister...he knows this very well.

Mainly because America promised a lot and delivered nothing.  We should have kept the Arrow going.