America under President Trump

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

So because I recall something from the news, that means Trump's winning. 

That must mean that all the dumbfounding thing JT does that I can recall is a success. 

I didn't say that...did I? No...of course not.

So why do it?

• 2 weeks later...

My Fear is that Trump will touch stuff that he's not supposed to, like the EPA or NASA. Sure, trump can appoint people that will be in charge of it, but those organizations were disined to be funded by the gov't, but run by the organization itself. Since trump is a businessman (and not well educated on the matters of our planet) he might start to repeal essential laws and regulations put in place to protect our air and water.

LOCK HIM UP!!! LOCK HIM UP!!! 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/sep/29/white-house-investigation-private-email-accounts

The White House has launched an internal investigation after it emerged that Donald Trump’s son-in-law and adviser, Jared Kushner, and other senior officials used personal email accounts for official business, Politico reported on Thursday.

Citing four unnamed officials, the news site said the investigators have begun pulling batches of emails on the White House server to and from the private accounts of senior aides.

Politico first reported last week that Kushner had used personal email for government matters. On Sunday his lawyer, Abbe Lowell, said there were fewer than a hundred emails about government business in Kushner’s private email domain, and that all had been forwarded to his White House account.

Edited by Boges

On 9/20/2017 at 9:34 AM, DogOnPorch said:

I didn't say that...did I? No...of course not.

So why do it?

Again, since my post was deleted,  I have to point out that you have no ground in making that complaint.

Go ahead ban my ass Charles.

And it seems Dog gets no flack for derailing thread, but I get a nice warning point for calling it out. I'll keep posting and you can keep deleting Charles. 

Edited by GostHacked
Because : Moderation.

I think this becomes more true everyday.   People doing the real work can simply humor or sideline him, send him off to "play" at his rallies while they take care of business.  It is probably the best outcome overall.  Impeachment would create even more anger and divisiveness in the US.  Death by natural causes would create conspiracy theories and even more suspicion and assassination is unacceptable.  Letting him finish out as an irrelevant figurehead seems ideal.

Trump is no longer President.

Oh sure, he has the title and he has the bully pulpit – from which he’s bullying everyone from NBA players to people protesting white supremacists to DACA kids.

But he’s not actively governing the United States. That work is happening elsewhere – in Congress, the courts, the Fed, the career civil service, lobbyists, and in the states. Or it’s not happening at all.

20 minutes ago, Boges said:

What kind of tone deaf A-Hole goes to a disaster zone and tells the people there at least more people didn't die. 

And then works on his jump shot throwing paper towels at people. 

Exactly.  His ongoing popularity should be used in some study to find out why people reject traditional politicians and accept this stuff.  That said, it's still superficial.  It could be forgiven if there are otherwise positive signs that he's being effective.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Exactly.  His ongoing popularity should be used in some study to find out why people reject traditional politicians and accept this stuff.  That said, it's still superficial.  It could be forgiven if there are otherwise positive signs that he's being effective.

Yes, if he manages to do a couple things right, a substandard performance every where else should be fine.  

Just now, dialamah said:

Yes, if he manages to do a couple things right, a substandard performance every where else should be fine.  

And - believe it or not - despite my derangement syndrome I am holding out hope that he can find some solutions by using his unique non-partisan (kind of) status to everyone's advantage.

9 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

And - believe it or not - despite my derangement syndrome I am holding out hope that he can find some solutions by using his unique non-partisan (kind of) status to everyone's advantage.

Playing chicken with $80 trillion in derivatives is a bad idea, along with intercontinental ballistic missiles.

However, the sad truth is the markets will continue to robo-trade with or without the existence of the masses of humanity.

10 hours ago, Boges said:

What kind of tone deaf A-Hole goes to a disaster zone and tells the people there at least more people didn't die. 

And then works on his jump shot throwing paper towels at people. 

Same kind of A-Hole that goes to western Canada after a disaster to insert foot-in-mouth.

Trump doesn't need or want votes from Puerto Rico.

On 10/4/2017 at 6:06 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Very true.  For the same reason the Queen doesn't need our votes.  ( See what I did there ?  I BC'd myself ;) )

You'd have thought that of all people BC would know that PR doesn't vote federally. He may have been too busy monitoring CBC at the time.

So Pence has chosen to go down the road of kissing Trump's sorry arse by taking his order to walk out of the Colt's game if any of the players "took a knee". I always thought he was a bit of a creep. Meanwhile people who are actually experienced enough to know what they are doing (Tillerson, Kelly, at teh moment) are about to take a walk away from  the gong show that currently infests the White House. Bad career move Pence. bye, bye after the impeachment.

6 minutes ago, Omni said:

And we find out that the US taxpayer paid around a quarter million for this childish little "sand box" stunt.  It must be embarrassing to be an American these days.

How much would it have cost if he'd stayed and watched the game?

Just now, Omni said:

I think you can figure out it would have cost about the same. I guess you missed the point. It was a childish stunt, paid for by the taxpayer.

If it was planned as a stunt from the very start, sure.  If it was him deciding not to stick around when the players took a knee, what's wrong with that?

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

If it was planned as a stunt from the very start, sure.  If it was him deciding not to stick around when the players took a knee, what's wrong with that?

Trump already admitted it was a planned stunt. What an idiotic waste of time/money.

Just now, Omni said:

Trump already admitted it was a planned stunt. What an idiotic waste of time/money.

If Pence went to the game for that reason, just to grandstand a response to the kneelers, then I agree with you.  CNN said:

"A Pence aide said the Indianapolis trip was planned for weeks because former Colts quarterback Peyton Manning was being honored at the game; the Las Vegas leg, however, was put on the schedule in recent days, adding to the total expenditures."

He has as much right to express himself as anyone does.