America under President Trump

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Has nothing to do with being a racist....Congress should have passed legislation years ago to provide legal residency.

The U.S. is not the Promised Land for every illegal that manages to get in the country, regardless of circumstances.

...and 100% of DACA illegals have not remained crime free.

Congress has been controlled by Republicans for most of this decade so who's to blame there? The program seemed to work fine the way it was. This was just a naked attempt to placate the only base Trump has left, racists. Because he certainly isn't doing anything for anyone else. 

Just now, Boges said:

Congress has been controlled by Republicans for most of this decade so who's to blame there? The program seemed to work fine the way it was. This was just a naked attempt to placate the only base Trump has left, racists. Because he certainly isn't doing anything for anyone else. 

Okay...you will surely call Trudeau a racist for deporting Haitians and other immigrants before Trump was ever elected.

All illegals are subject to deportation as a matter of U.S. federal law....even the "white" Canadians.

Okay...you will surely call Trudeau a racist for deporting Haitians and other immigrants before Trump was ever elected.

All illegals are subject to deportation as a matter of U.S. federal law....even the "white" Canadians.

Not under DACA because common decency and logic would say that these people pose no threat to your country and the program put in place to protect them was causing no harm. 

We'll see what getting rid of it does, but I doubt it helps elections chances. 

Just now, Boges said:

Not under DACA because common decency and logic would say that these people pose no threat to your country and the program put in place to protect them was causing no harm. 

So what ?   They were granted residency and employment by temporary permit....even Obama expressed that it was temporary.

U.S. presidents cannot make their own laws.

All illegal immigrants should be deported unless granted legal residency by law.

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The sins of the father clause. Okay....should that be ongoing?

Like with anything, it's case by case. But it seems DACA participants were active in trying to be legitimate. 

You really have to be a stickler for the letter of the law to find fault with this. Unless you just want to stick it to brown people. 

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So what ?   They were granted residency and employment by temporary permit....even Obama expressed that it was temporary.

U.S. presidents cannot make their own laws.

All illegal immigrants should be deported unless granted legal residency by law.

It's pretty to convenient to lay the blame on previous congresses. I suspect they didn't want to help Obama with anything.  

Like said earlier, by other posters, I doubt any of these people actually get deported. This is just sabre rattling to appease the base. What type of people would a policy like this appeal to? 

Edited by Boges

Just now, Boges said:

Like with anything, it's case by case. But it seems DACA participants were active in trying to be legitimate. 

You really have to be a stickler for the letter of the law to find fault with this. Unless you just want to stick it to brown people. 

Trying to be legitimate? Like Michael Corleone? 

Your approach to the law seems to be a case by case situation. Bad for blindness of justice...of course. Great for the cries of the endless victims of victim-hood.

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Trying to be legitimate? Like Michael Corleone? 

Your approach to the law seems to be a case by case situation. Bad for blindness of justice...of course. Great for the cries of the endless victims of victim-hood.

Kind of like when you pardon convicted criminal Sheriffs. 

Edited by Boges

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

DACA recipients are from 195 countries....they are not all brown.     How "racist" is that ?

South Korea is #5 on the list... "brown" people ?

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/brookings-now/2015/06/09/top-5-countries-of-origin-of-daca-immigrants/

DACA recipients are from 195 countries....they are not all brown.     How "racist" is that ?

South Korea is #5 on the list... "brown" people ?

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/brookings-now/2015/06/09/top-5-countries-of-origin-of-daca-immigrants/

So only 4 of the top 5 countries are from Latin America. My bad. :rolleyes:

Edited by Boges

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

It's pretty to convenient to lay the blame on previous congresses. I suspect they didn't want to help Obama with anything.  

Like said earlier, by other posters, I doubt any of these people actually get deported. This is just sabre rattling to appease the base. What type of people would a policy like this appeal to? 

It goes back before Obama....includes Bush too.  

Some have and will be deported, especially those who have committed crimes.

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

Kind of like when you pardon criminal Sheriffs. 

I've done no such thing. 

I've never understood the two wrongs make me right defense that you use. Sort of like saying :

Oh, yeah??...well, Christians burned witches....when defending Islam.

Not that you have...

;)

Edited by DogOnPorch

11 minutes ago, Boges said:

It seems what it will eventually do is to expel some very well educated, well behaved, patriotic people who for the most part arrived in the country undocumented as children.

It will probably help Trump keep his base of voters who are mostly uneducated, unemployed, and probably a wee bit red necked. Smart move Donald! 

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

I've done no such thing. 

I've never understood the two wrongs make me right defense that you use. Sort of like saying :

Oh, yeah...well, Christians burned witches....when defending Islam.

Not that you have...

;)

So you won't Defend Trump on the Sheriff Joe thing? At least you're consistent. 

FTR I'm not a fan of blindly following laws without context or reasons. I think making a consideration for "Dreamers" circumstances is the correct decision. But if you want to stick to, "All Illegals Must Go", it's not a terribly debatable issue. 

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

So you won't Defend Trump on the Sheriff Joe thing? At least you're consistent. 

FTR I'm not a fan of blindly following laws without context or reasons. I think making a consideration for "Dreamers" circumstances is the correct decision. But if you want to stick to, "All Illegals Must Go", it's not a terribly debatable issue. 

Trump was simply so you couldn't just crown your globalist Queen and have your Prince Justin join her at her feet....if we must communicate in this fashion.

Edited by DogOnPorch