America under President Trump

On 12/23/2016 at 11:55 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

I don't think so....Canada will continue to rely on U.S. government and private climate change research/data.   Trump has no reason to mess with that.

The CBC is counting on the U.S. A. --- as in this story (University of Maine + NSIDC references):

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/arctic-temperatures-warmth-1.3910765

The CBC government TV channel will report anything the Americans will say about global warming when the CBC can agree with America. Otherwise, to the CBC, America is the enemy. The CBC is no friend of America. 

On 12/23/2016 at 11:43 PM, Omni said:

Many scientists in Canada are paid by the government so they don't have to dance to anybodys tune, and now that we have gotten rid of Harper, we can actually get access to the work they do and that we pay for. The people who care about the effects of global warming are not fools, they feel a responsibility to advise the rest of us as to how to be proper custodians of the planet. Maybe some of them have kids.

Well, once again today here in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver it is snowing again. Some global warming going on indeed. Maybe you should worry more about what nature continues to do to the environment than what humans have/are been doing to it.

I wish that the Canadian taxpayers would give a dam more about their tax dollars and how they are being blown by their fake governments rather than worry about some snow and ice melting. Most Canadians have all their priorities mixed up. I guess maybe their priority is to wait and see how high my taxes can go before I decide to work up the guts to say something. 

5 hours ago, taxme said:

Well, once again today here in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver it is snowing again. Some global warming going on indeed. Maybe you should worry more about what nature continues to do to the environment than what humans have/are been doing to it.

I wish that the Canadian taxpayers would give a dam more about their tax dollars and how they are being blown by their fake governments rather than worry about some snow and ice melting. Most Canadians have all their priorities mixed up. I guess maybe their priority is to wait and see how high my taxes can go before I decide to work up the guts to say something. 

Hey, I heard Vancouverites were shitting themselves when about 2 cm of snow fell last week.

It is fitting, somehow, that environmental change will first affect the people of the coast lines... while the rest of us party on.

15 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Hey, I heard Vancouverites were shitting themselves when about 2 cm of snow fell last week.

It is fitting, somehow, that environmental change will first affect the people of the coast lines... while the rest of us party on.

This is not the first time ever that Vancouver has gotten snow.

Why is that fitting?

On 12/23/2016 at 9:28 PM, Omni said:

I'm thinking maybe Trumps handlers should pry those tiny hands of his from his phone and keep him away from his twitter account lest he continue to make an ever bigger fool of himself.

Nah, this way we get Trump unfiltered. Might be entertaining.

Trump team's new strategy on conflict of interest and ethics: do whatever they feel like, pardon everybody.

Trump lieutenant Newt Gingrich has proposed an elegant solution for all the conflicts of interest swirling around the president-elect and his team of billionaires: Ignore the law.

President-elect Donald Trump, Gingrich said, should let those in his administration do as they wish with their personal fortunes and business interests and pardon them if they are found to have violated laws against using public office for personal enrichment.

"He could simply say, 'Look, I want them to be my advisers, I pardon them if anybody finds them to have behaved against the rules, period,'" Gingrich said on NPR's "The Diane Rehm Show" last Monday.

#DrainTheSwamp

-k

16 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Snow is nothing new for Vancouver. We just needed to make a slight adjustment n our driving habits. A minor inconvenience. The past three years, Vancouver and the Lower Mainland did not get any snow. Now that was fitting for us. 

The earths environment always has and always will add a variety of different weather events no matter where on earth even if that should happen on the west coast of Vancouver now and then. And it has nothing to do with cows farting or humans spewing a bit of pollution here and there. Mount St. Helen's took out over a million trees and damaged lakes and rivers and killed many animals and fish. Did the earth come to an end? NO. With nature there will always be changes done to the environment. No need for concern here.

40 minutes ago, kimmy said:

Trump team's new strategy on conflict of interest and ethics: do whatever they feel like, pardon everybody.

#DrainTheSwamp

-k

So Bill Clinton and Obama pardons criminals just before they leave office. Now that is not good to be letting criminals back out on the street. It cost the American taxpayer's hundreds of millions of their tax dollars every year to put criminals in jail in court and police costs, and yet Presidents are allowed to just say let some of them go free. Now that is not good for the public, now is it? 

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Unless you happen to live near a coast. 

I have come to accept the fact that not all things remain the same. Nature being one of them. They say that 10,000 years ago North America was pretty much buried under tons of snow and ice. Now what damage to the environment did that cause? Plenty for sure.

But then a few centuries later, all the snow and ice retreated back to the Arctic. The earth healed itself, and now we have all kinds of life roaming around where once snow and ice stood. This panic over global warming is probably due to nature playing her little game of rearranging the weather furniture. Al Gore made millions selling his books and doing tours on global warming. He made easy money selling lies and bull to the fools who listened to him. Humans are not creating global warming, it is nature doing what she has always done. Move the weather furniture around. Stop making others rich by buying their global disaster books because you will be a few bucks shorter in your wallet. Just about everything told to us by these so-called experts on climate and politicians and the media is mostly just a pile of nonsense. By the time all of this doom and gloom is suppose to happen pretty much all of us today will be dead.  

Get out and enjoy life, and stop listening to all these doomers and gloomers because it will soon be all over for you and me.  :D 

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

I have come to accept the fact that not all things remain the same. Nature being one of them. They say that 10,000 years ago North America was pretty much buried under tons of snow and ice. Now what damage to the environment did that cause? Plenty for sure.

But then a few centuries later, all the snow and ice retreated back to the Arctic. The earth healed itself, and now we have all kinds of life roaming around where once snow and ice stood. This panic over global warming is probably due to nature playing her little game of rearranging the weather furniture. Al Gore made millions selling his books and doing tours on global warming. He made easy money selling lies and bull to the fools who listened to him. Humans are not creating global warming, it is nature doing what she has always done. Move the weather furniture around. Stop making others rich by buying their global disaster books because you will be a few bucks shorter in your wallet. Just about everything told to us by these so-called experts on climate and politicians and the media is mostly just a pile of nonsense. By the time all of this doom and gloom is suppose to happen pretty much all of us today will be dead.  

Get out and enjoy life, and stop listening to all these doomers and gloomers because it will soon be all over for you and me.  :D 

Lots of things have affected how mother nature "moved the weather furniture around" such as volcanoes releasing tone of sequestered CO2. I doubt she has ever had to deal with well over a billion cars before though. And yes, I will be gone long before the full effects of that come to pass, and that does help me to enjoy life. What about reincarnation though? What if my house is under water when I come back? (I mean physically not economically)

2 hours ago, Omni said:

I guess simply because he is another one who ignores the evidence and reckons it's a sham created by the Chinese.

Doesn't matter...Canadians will still cite climate change research and data from many U.S. federal agencies, now led by a President Trump.

5 hours ago, taxme said:

So Bill Clinton and Obama pardons criminals just before they leave office. Now that is not good to be letting criminals back out on the street. It cost the American taxpayer's hundreds of millions of their tax dollars every year to put criminals in jail in court and police costs, and yet Presidents are allowed to just say let some of them go free. Now that is not good for the public, now is it? 

So from what you're saying, I gather that Trump Nation is entirely ok with Newt saying they'll just ignore anti-corruption laws and pardon themselves later on. That's what Trump Nation was talking about when they said "#DrainTheSwamp"? 

-k

On 12/27/2016 at 0:39 PM, Omni said:

Lots of things have affected how mother nature "moved the weather furniture around" such as volcanoes releasing tone of sequestered CO2. I doubt she has ever had to deal with well over a billion cars before though. And yes, I will be gone long before the full effects of that come to pass, and that does help me to enjoy life. What about reincarnation though? What if my house is under water when I come back? (I mean physically not economically)

If there is reincarnation then the thing I would be most worried about would be as to what third world country could I end up being born in. Could it be Haiti or the Middle East . China or India? Now that would be a disaster for me. I would hope to end up back in Canada. Hopefully, Canada has not already been turned into a third world country.  :D

On 12/27/2016 at 5:50 PM, kimmy said:

So from what you're saying, I gather that Trump Nation is entirely ok with Newt saying they'll just ignore anti-corruption laws and pardon themselves later on. That's what Trump Nation was talking about when they said "#DrainTheSwamp"? 

-k

What Newt says and what the liberal media says are two different things. The left wing phony media is well known for making a mountain out of a mole hill. They will try and take anything said by, say Newt, and change the content of what he said to suit their purpose. When one becomes the enemy of the fake and lying liberal presstitute, the media will do it's darndest to try and make what you said look totally different to what was really said. I have no faith or trust in any corporate media any more. Lying is more important to them than telling the truth. Just my opinion, of course. 

On 12/28/2016 at 9:38 PM, taxme said:

What Newt says and what the liberal media says are two different things. The left wing phony media is well known for making a mountain out of a mole hill. They will try and take anything said by, say Newt, and change the content of what he said to suit their purpose. When one becomes the enemy of the fake and lying liberal presstitute, the media will do it's darndest to try and make what you said look totally different to what was really said. I have no faith or trust in any corporate media any more. Lying is more important to them than telling the truth. Just my opinion, of course. 

Fox for you I suspect

I never thought of FOX too much until Trump ran for President and the way the CEOs of the other networks went after him like no other candidate had to bear! Geo, Soros is behind  much of what is going on, he supported Obama and Clinton and  as a Jew, he and his father turn in other Jews to the Nazi in WW2 and this is the kind of guy he is and in the near future he's going to get a big surprise.  Again, Obama is trying to make trouble for Trump with Russia, Obama is a disappointing President at the end of his term, too bad.

1 hour ago, Topaz said:

Again, Obama is trying to make trouble for Trump with Russia, Obama is a disappointing President at the end of his term, too bad.

It's fascinating that people can live in such a different reality.  I guess that's what happens when you're dealing with a different set of 'facts'.

4 hours ago, Topaz said:

I never thought of FOX too much until Trump ran for President and the way the CEOs of the other networks went after him like no other candidate had to bear! Geo, Soros is behind  much of what is going on, he supported Obama and Clinton and  as a Jew, he and his father turn in other Jews to the Nazi in WW2 and this is the kind of guy he is and in the near future he's going to get a big surprise.  Again, Obama is trying to make trouble for Trump with Russia, Obama is a disappointing President at the end of his term, too bad.

Amd with one of the highest approval ratings at the end of his term as any president simce WWII