Another Trudeau Gaffe

Even when JT is attacking Harper, he comes off as an idiot.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/trudeau-compares-harpers-muslim-immigration-policy-to-jews-in-second-world-war/article23379275/

“So we should all shudder to hear the same rhetoric that led to a ‘none is too many’ immigration policy toward Jews in the ’30s and ’40s being used today, to raise fears against Muslims today,” he said.

The “none is too many” reference is to the title of the book by Irving Abella and Harold Troper. It was written several decades ago and argues that Canada was one of the most resistant countries in the Western world to saving Jews from Europe.

His linking of the plight of Jews then to Muslims now forms part of his attack on the federal Conservatives for distorting the rights and freedoms of Canadians.

The remarks come just a month after he announced his support for the most sweeping changes to security legislation since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and as MPs prepare for three days of hearings this week on the Conservatives’ new legislation – Bill C-51, also known as the Anti-Terrorism Act (2015). Critics have condemned it for restricting Canadians’ freedoms. It will strengthen the powers of the RCMP and the Canadian Security Intelligence Service and criminalize the promotion of terrorism.

Maybe JT can cite a CPC policy where it says that "No Muslim, is too many".

Now who's playing with the politics of fear?

Bill C-51 doesn't address immigration at all. AND JT supports it, so what is he getting at here? Is he just trying to compare Harper with WW2 Era Anti-Semitism. Goodwin's Law might just apply to JT here.

Slow Clap JT, way to completely muddle your message!

Edited by Boges

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This anti-Muslim issue strikes me as an odd one to base an election on. How could both major parties appear to be so willing to stake an election on this ? Usually I'm more interested in policy than politics but it seems strange to me.

. If the shiny pony bases an election on this issue he will lose the election before it even starts. He will never convince Canadians that Islamists are our friends. He can kiss Quebec goodbye as well. This issue plays well for the PM. He'd be well served to leave it well alone.

In other words "Michael Hardner", I agree with you.

This anti-Muslim issue strikes me as an odd one to base an election on. How could both major parties appear to be so willing to stake an election on this ? Usually I'm more interested in policy than politics but it seems strange to me.

You have to ask the question - who really is churning anti-Muslim sentiment? Various extremist Islamists have killed 10's of thousands of Muslims over the past decade or two. The vast majority of Muslims - who are modernized, integrated and peaceful also dream of the day that these thugs are erased from the earth. Canada has rightly identified these jihadists for what they are - murderers who have perverted Islam. It is the critics of the government who have used the "Islamaphobia" gambit and accused the government of intolerence. Fear-mongering by the critics. Canadians aren't afraid - they just want someone to stand up and call a spade a spade - and take some action that will give us the tools we need over coming decade or two.

Canada has rightly identified these jihadists for what they are - murderers who have perverted Islam.

Harper has also wrongly and completely omitted any role that super-power interference in the region has played in that perversion.

Harper has also wrongly and completely omitted any role that super-power interference in the region has played in that perversion.

That's because PM Harper, like previous Liberal PMs, completely recognize the value of super-power interference for oil pipelines, oil services contracts, and military sales from Ontario defense contractors to Saudi Arabia.

Can't you tell? It's a taxpayer funded mailout from soon to lose CPC MP Lawrence Toet.

No I can't tell. I figured it's some kind of fundraiser. Pretty standard. Kinda like troops in the streets. Troops. In the streets. Canadian streets.

No I can't tell. I figured it's some kind of fundraiser. Pretty standard. Kinda like troops in the streets. Troops. In the streets. Canadian streets.

Troops in the streets, terrorists behind sheets, irrational fearmongering is irrational fearmongering. Mocking one while shrugging off the other just makes you look like a partisan boob. Which, well, you know.