This week in Islam

kimmy

2 hours ago, Argus said:

1) Would you care to repeat this in English? You reduce concern about violent religious fanaticism and values hostile to our own to 'complaints about dirty foreigners' in a fashion that would give credit to the most sanctimonious social justice warrior.

2) So now you appear to be sulking because I have suggested that a topic called "This week in Islam" is not the appropriate one to discuss culture differences. Are you incapable of starting such a topic yourself under the appropriate forum?

1) I am encapsulating the practice of complaining about foreigners, eg. 'goat herders', in a vacuum.  It's a meta criticism.

2) It's inaccurate to say "it's not appropriate".  More like it's too narrow.

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Perhaps you would be happier banning all further discussion of immigration. I find your efforts at shutting down discussions on this subject to be contemptible.

I'm really sorry to have offended you.  Honestly, though, even you must tire of this same theme over and over.

55 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I'm really sorry to have offended you.  Honestly, though, even you must tire of this same theme over and over.

Of course, but as it's in the news every day, it's tough to ignore it.  When something is as fundamentally outrageous as killing someone else for not believing what you believe, it's always worthy of comment.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

What I tire of is arrogant people from the Left trying to shut down conversations because they aren't capable of countering arguments. You've been basically doing what Charles calls trolling on this topic, trying to derail discussion for the last two days without contributing anything to the actual topic. If you tire of the discussion then why don't you go elsewhere rather than treat us to your sneers and contempt?

Just now, Argus said:

What I tire of is arrogant people from the Left trying to shut down conversations because they aren't capable of countering arguments. You've been basically doing what Charles calls trolling on this topic, trying to derail discussion for the last two days without contributing anything to the actual topic. If you tire of the discussion then why don't you go elsewhere rather than treat us to your sneers and contempt?

No, I am asking for a wider discussion and that's not the same thing.  Like a fish who doesn't understand water, I feel you are unable to suggest such a discussion.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

No, I am asking for a wider discussion and that's not the same thing.  Like a fish who doesn't understand water, I feel you are unable to suggest such a discussion.

You are asking us to change the subject, and being deliberately insulting while doing so. I know you've said you're sorry for offending me but given the words below it's hard not to believe offending those who continue to use this topic to point out the ourages of Islam was your intent

There do seem to be lots of people who want to complain to each other about dirty foreigners here, and how they don't accept criticism the irony being completely lost.
They have posted on this thread that they don't care what others have to say about their culture, as they moo endlessly about other cultures and their need for reform.   
These kind of discussions you want to have go nowhere.  
It is simple.  There isn't anything to discuss, you're right.  Which makes me wonder what the point of posting is.
You must think so or we would have at least 1% of the threads where you crap all over Muslims saying *something* bad about white people.  Do you have any idea how dull it is to see such posts month after month ?  What are you hoping to achieve ?
  [/quote]

I get that you are made uncomfortable with a topic whose sole purpose seems to be to post outrageous behaviour from an identifiable group. And you wonder why we do it. Because we ARE outraged by such conduct. And we are inundated with commentary from the opinion makers with their liberal orthodoxy and political correctness about how peaceful Islam is, and how it's only the very rare Muslim who has the slightest hostile feelings or unpleasant social values, and we KNOW that's so much bullshit. It's irritating to listen to so much obnoxious and hypocritical apologizing by liberal islamophiles on behalf of Islam and Muslims for behaviour they would be unhesitatingly attacking were it to come from any other group. So in a small way, this is our repudiation of that nonsensical attempt at molding public opinion.

As for other topics about Islam, the reason they usually crap out and become worthless is because the liberal islamophiles are outraged by anything which suggests disrespect for Islam, and respond with slurs, insults and moralizing, quickly changing the topic from Islam, to the imagined moral failings of whomever has been critical of it. Something the moderation here does very little about.

Edited by Argus

16 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

April 22nd, 2017...really, really, really old.

You're free to support Saudi Arabia.

You and I both support them by proxy, because our government does. I wonder if bitching at Saudi Arabia or our government would be more productive.

3 hours ago, GostHacked said:

You and I both support them by proxy, because our government does. I wonder if bitching at Saudi Arabia or our government would be more productive.

Than what, say?

Putting the turban on yourself?

Edited by OftenWrong
it's my perogative

Check this out!

Wild boars overrun Islamic State position, kill 3 militants

Three Islamic State militants setting up an ambush in a bitterly contested area of northern Iraq were killed by a herd of stampeding boars, local leaders say.

Sheikh Anwar al-Assi, a chief of the local Ubaid tribe and supervisor of anti-ISIS forces, told The Times of London the militants were hiding on the edge of a field about 50 miles southwest of Kirkuk when the boars overwhelmed them Sunday. Five other militants were injured, al-Assi said. He said the group was poised to attack a band of local tribesmen who had fled to nearby mountains since militants seized the town of Hawija three years ago.

Al-Assi said the militants had summarily executed 25 people attempting to flee the militant's would-be caliphate in the three days before the boars attacked. Hawija, about 100 miles south of Mosul, sees dozens of residents flee to Kurdish Kirkuk daily, and the Iraqi military has planned to launch an offensive in the region after a laborious effort to liberate Mosul is completed.

more....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/04/25/wild-boars-overrun-islamic-state-position-kill-3-militants/100876844/

Oh the irony.........radical Muslims - killed by PIGS!  :)

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Turbans are worn by Siks, not Muslims. Educate yourself dude.

Wearing turbans is common among Sikhs, including women, who refer to it as a Dastar. In certain other faith communities, the headgear also serves as a religious observance, including among Shia Muslims, who regard turban-wearing as Sunnah Mu'akkadah (confirmed tradition).

Educate yourself dude.

Edited by AngusThermopyle
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, AngusThermopyle said:

Wearing turbans is common among Sikhs, including women, who refer to it as a Dastar. In certain other faith communities, the headgear also serves as a religious observance, including among Shia Muslims, who regard turban-wearing as Sunnah Mu'akkadah (confirmed tradition).

Educate yourself dude.

Oh come the f*ck on. What is the first thing that pops into your head regarding turbans? Muslims??  Really? 

20 hours ago, AngusThermopyle said:

Wearing turbans is common among Sikhs, including women, who refer to it as a Dastar.

I have seen lots of Sikh men wearing turbans. I have never seen a woman wearing one.

8 minutes ago, Argus said:

I have seen lots of Sikh men wearing turbans. I have never seen a woman wearing one.

I have.  They had beards, just like the men.

Flat chested too.

Edited by bcsapper

21 hours ago, AngusThermopyle said:

Educate yourself dude.

Note consistency of headgear worn by these guys-

http://a.abcnews.com/images/International/gty_most_wanted_terrorists_jc_161024_4x3_992.jpg 

• 2 weeks later...

In Indonesia, Jakarta's ex governor, a Christian, Basuki Purnama, is in prison today, having been convicted of blasphemy. His crime? During the recent election, his opponents used a verse from the Koran to say that Muslims cannot be governed by a non-Muslim. Purname, said his opponents were deceiving people. For this he was charged with blaspheme, and riots engulfed the state. Now he's been sentenced to two years in prison.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-indonesia-politics-idUSKBN1842GE

Edited by Argus

51 minutes ago, Argus said:

In Indonesia, Jakarta's ex governor, a Christian, Basuki Purnama, is in prison today, having been convicted of blasphemy. His crime? During the recent election, his opponents used a verse from the Koran to say that Muslims cannot be governed by a non-Muslim. Purname, said his opponents were deceiving people. For this he was charged with blaspheme, and riots engulfed the state. Now he's been sentenced to two years in prison.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-indonesia-politics-idUSKBN1842GE

He should have tried it in Ireland. Safer.