This week in Islam

kimmy

19 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Innocent men, women and children killed so corporations can continue to make billions selling us shit is more moral than killing in the pursuit of some caliphate?

Why can't we be against BOTH?

Why does it have to be one or the other for you?  Why are we not allowed to speak about Muslim extremism without derailing the subject into the morality of selling arms to the Saudis?  Why are we not allowed to speak of Muslim extremism without frantically searching the interwebs for some random example of some weirdo Christian group doing something similarly stupid?  

This is your issue - assuming that anyone who disagrees with Muslim extremism automatically gives every other slightly related issue a pass.  You completely miss the scale and scope of the problem and demand that everyone discuss it in a manner preferable to you - which means disregarding the Muslim extremism and only discussing what you will ALLOW to be discussed.

Altai used to make up all kinds of "rules" for discussing things, too.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kactus said:

I have always maintained the current policy of Trump cosying up to house of sauds is because he is a businessman. Everything else about democracy, freedom is utter BS....

I won't be surprised when the conflict of interest stories begin to emerge from this gong show, not only Ivanka and Jarrod, but Trump himself.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Why can't we be against BOTH?

Why does it have to be one or the other for you?  Why are we not allowed to speak about Muslim extremism without derailing the subject into the morality of selling arms to the Saudis?  Why are we not allowed to speak of Muslim extremism without frantically searching the interwebs for some random example of some weirdo Christian group doing something similarly stupid?  

This is your issue - assuming that anyone who disagrees with Muslim extremism automatically gives every other slightly related issue a pass.  You completely miss the scale and scope of the problem and demand that everyone discuss it in a manner preferable to you - which means disregarding the Muslim extremism and only discussing what you will ALLOW to be discussed.

Altai used to make up all kinds of "rules" for discussing things, too.

Don't you see where it becomes a problem??

when someone here suggests that islam is a cult and muslims should give it up you are forcing your way of thinking that literally anyone who follows islam should be condemned....

surely you can see that!

Edited by kactus

7 minutes ago, kactus said:

when someone here suggests that islam is a cult and muslims should give it up you are forcing your way of thinking that literally anyone who follows islam should be condemned....

surely you can see that!

Sometimes I see comments I don't agree with....sometimes I respond, sometimes I ignore.

I just don't appreciate having someone else here dictate HOW, WHEN and WHAT I respond to.   

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dialamah said:

Really?  Innocent men, women and children killed so corporations can continue to make billions selling us shit is more moral than killing in the pursuit of some caliphate?

Here are some more acceptable casualties in the protection of profit:

Unfortunately, I think we're on this course now and there is no way of changing its direction.  Nonetheless I see little moral difference between the motivations of the US and allies and that which drives ISIS.  The comforting lie that we're fighting the 'evil of terrorism' even as we supply arms and political support to SA just doesn't cut it for me.

Yes, really.  I do see a difference between those killed by accident in a genuine attempt to kill those who deserve killing, and those killed randomly for maximum outrage.

I wouldn't supply anything short of a plague of locusts to Saudi Arabia, reprehensible troglodytes that they are, but no-one asked me.

I do agree that the course is set.  It's one of the reasons I pick sides.

Edited by bcsapper
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they really mean it.- Not Blaise Pascal

7 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Sometimes I see comments I don't agree with....sometimes I respond, sometimes I ignore.

I just don't appreciate having someone else here dictate HOW, WHEN and WHAT I respond to.  

Ofcourse not! I don't think I for one would dispute what you are saying. I do think it would be great when we look at an argument from different perspective. Anything gets mentioned here is bashing muslims all muslims discriminately. I tried to highlight a positive by posting a video of their contribution in world war I only to be told that I have sympathy for muslims....

I do think some people discriminate against them all. Obviously my comment was not directed at you.

Edited by kactus

8 minutes ago, kactus said:

Y

That just confirmed my point....That is an extremist interpretation of the book.

Nice try: there is just one Quran. Not an extremist one and a moderate one for your convenience.

Your new tactics of blaming Islam's critics for Islam's violence amounts to blackmail as I've pointed out.

Stop saying bad things about Islam and there will be peace.

Islam has been at WAR with all other religions/cultures since its inception. History attests to this. 

You, however, are free to support it and defend it as you do. 

16 minutes ago, kactus said:

surely you can see that!

What is the penalty for leaving Islam under Sharia?

(will he lie for Islam? Let's see)

31 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The theory seems to be: shut-up and Islam will be loving and peaceful.

Eventually, it will, I suppose.  Rape victims would have to shut up too, of course.

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

What is the penalty for leaving Islam under Sharia?

(will he lie for Islam? Let's see)

Let me ask you this....

Hypothetically, if I decided by tomorrow that I will convert to Islam what would be my punishment?

7 minutes ago, kactus said:

Anything gets mentioned here is bashing muslims all muslims discriminately. 

See, this is where you (general MLW forum poster "you") and Dialamah are being overly sensitive.  I see you guys having freak-outs when someone makes a comment "BUT IT'S NOT ALL MUSLIMS" and frantically start searching for news items to derail the discussion.

The difference with me is that I am confident that most people here know that already and are only speaking in general terms.  I am confident that most people here are not idiots who believe ALL Muslims do those things.

Getting different perspective is good, but when "different perspectives" are presented to just derail discussions and are given in an accusatory way....

Well, it's all in the presentation, sometimes.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Omni said:

And many interpretations. I thought you were the Islam expert around here.

No...just one version of the Quran for all.

You're free to supply the so-called peaceful bits in the Quran. But you never do. This confirms what I already know about your holy book.

1 minute ago, kactus said:

Let me ask you this....

Hypothetically, if I decided by tomorrow that I will convert to Islam what would be my punishment?

Who would punish you? 

Just now, Goddess said:

See, this is where you (general MLW forum poster "you") and Dialamah are being overly sensitive.  I see you guys having freak-outs when someone makes a comment "BUT IT'S NOT ALL MUSLIMS" and frantically start searching for news items to derail the discussion.

The difference with me is that I am confident that most people here know that already and are only speaking in general terms.  I am confident that most people here are not idiots who believe ALL Muslims do those things.

Are you serious?

have you read the commentaries by DOP, Goh Shenas, Taxme and a few others and their views? Do you really think the refrence is only some mulims not all??

1 minute ago, kactus said:

Are you serious?

have you read the commentaries by DOP, Goh Shenas, Taxme and a few others and their views? Do you really think the refrence is only some mulims not all??

Islam is a death cult...it rewards the believer for murdering Infidels.

Do you disagree?

(will kactus lie again for Islam?)

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

Who would punish you? 

That was just a hypothetical question.

I just wanted to illustrate that some bad things that has happened recently in Manchester seems to be blamed on all muslims who follow islam. Now if you are a muslim regardless if you are moderate or not you would get told off....

I just gave that example to put myself in tgeir shoes with the kind of abuse tgey would have to endure. That's all...

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

No...just one version of the Quran for all.

You're free to supply the so-called peaceful bits in the Quran. But you never do. This confirms what I already know about your holy book.

You're free to continue to assume their is but one interpretation of what appears to be your favorite book. Must be somewhat stifling to limit yourself so.

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam is a death cult...it rewards the believer for murdering Infidels.

Do you disagree?

(will kactus lie again for Islam?)

First of I am not a muslim 

Second, if I were a muslim I would be quite offended to be talked to like that and that has nothing to do with being over sensitive.

Just now, Omni said:

You're free to continue to assume their is but one interpretation of what appears to be your favorite book. Must be somewhat stifling to limit yourself so.

Anything peaceful you'd like to share from your holy book?

Just now, kactus said:

First of I am not a muslim 

Second, if I were a muslim I would be quite offended to be talked to like that and that has nothing to do with being over sensitive.

You do Islam's work. Might as well say the Shahada.