This week in Islam

kimmy

Perhaps the tide of accommodation is turning.   UK University closes Muslim prayer room.   

A university has sparked protests after it announced it will close its dedicated Muslim prayer space just a week before Ramadan.

The University of East Anglia (UEA) is converting the room, currently used by around 600 students and staff, into what the student union calls a “completely unnecessary” corridor to the library.

Edited by dialamah

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

Perhaps the tide of accommodation is turning.   UK University closes Muslim prayer room.   

I'd be willing to bet apologies and a reversal will be forthcoming by the end of the week.  Maybe even a resignation or two.

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

If so, I wonder if it will make the news?

It'll make someone's news.  That seems to be the problem with news these days.

A (somewhat cursory) glance at the BBC, Guardian and Telegraph pages didn't show the news you posted.

9 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

More like: should it make the news?

Things close everyday. Even Muslim prayer rooms.

Given the fear some people have of Islam 'taking over' and the resulting hysteria when Muslim prayer spaces are allowed in schools, yeah I think closing them should also make news.  Might be reassuring to some people.

Just now, dialamah said:

Given the fear some people have of Islam 'taking over' and the resulting hysteria when Muslim prayer spaces are allowed in schools, yeah I think closing them should also make news.  Might be reassuring to some people.

As mentioned, your preferred cult is a big pill everybody has to swallow. It insists everybody participate in one fashion or another...cough...Infidel...cough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

You are too cute. ;)

Deny it all you like. There are reasons Islam gets the attention it does. And they generally aren't good reasons. 

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Deny it all you like. There are reasons Islam gets the attention it does. And they generally aren't good reasons. 

Yes, there are reasons.  And when the West moves to limit Islam's encroachment onto Western institutions of learning, that's a win and should be broadcast as such.

Do you disagree?

Just now, dialamah said:

Yes, there are reasons.  And when the West moves to limit Islam's encroachment onto Western institutions of learning, that's a win and should be broadcast as such.

Do you disagree?

I'd call it special pleading. Does Islam want a prize for the prayer room closing? 

Meanwhile, the deli closed on the main drag....

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

I'd call it special pleading. Does Islam want a prize for the prayer room closing? 

Meanwhile, the deli closed on the main drag....

I should think it would be the West who would get the prize for closing the prayer room.

Oh, is that a disappointment for you?  Did you enjoy their food?

Just now, dialamah said:

I should think it would be the West who would get the prize for closing the prayer room.

Oh, is that a disappointment for you?  Did you enjoy their food?

Poor Islam: the victim yet again...one of the biggest reasons it is despised outside the raw violence it creates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scribblet said:

Meanwhile, the youngsters of Manchester are pulling pieces of their friend’s flesh out of their hair and yet people are worried about ‘Islamophobia’

So much easier to blame Dog and scribblet.

Islam is in action again killing kafirs. What does it take for the gullible, tree hugging liberal lefties to realise that we are being slaughtered in the name of this religion...

Muslims are killing Christians and Jews. This is why they should not be allowed in Canada. Any more proof?

This week in Islam, Indonesia, the world's largest Muslim state, and one of its' most 'moderate' ones, demonstrated its tolerance and kindness of spirit by publicly caning a couple of gay guys while a crowd watched, cheered and took pictures.

Sarojini Mutia Irfan, a female university student who witnessed the caning, said it was a necessary deterrent.

“What they have done is like a virus that can harm people’s morale,” she said. “This kind of public punishment is an attempt to stop the spread of the virus to other communities in Aceh.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/it-was-a-necessary-deterrent-two-men-in-indonesia-publicly-caned-83-times-for-gay-sex

• Like 1

This week in Islam, the group ISIS - which 92% of Saudis said 'conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law' set off a bomb among a group of mostly schoolgirls at a concert hall in Manchester, England, killing 22 and wounding dozens of others.  <S> Said a spokesman for ISIS "What? Hey? We were being moderate! All we killed were females, and they're not worth much! Furthermore, they were infidel whores! Why should anyone care? Geez, try to be nice!"</s>

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/explosion-at-manchester-ariana-grande-show-causes-number-of-confirmed-fatalities

• Like 1