Justin Trudeau, please fund Bibles in every home

14 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Is there another book you can think of that has motivated 30 percent of the whole world to live their life a certain way? Hell even harry potter didn't manage that well :)

Pretending it's 'just another book' is kind of sutpid (which is expected of you so no shocks :)

I'm not christian myself ......

Even if you don't believe in god at all the christian way of life is pretty decent by and large.  Now stop being a twat or i'll stone you to death :)  

Quoran

Quotations form Chairman Mao

Harry Potter LOL

I don't pretend. In my opinion, it is just another book. If you bible thumpers think otherwise so be it , no sweat off my balls LOL

Ohhh, got under your skin again eh....right on LOL

6 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Quoran

Nope. The percentage of people who are muslim are substnatially lower. Swing and a miss :0

Quotations form Chairman Mao

Nope - most people havne't heard  it and chinas population is pretty small compared to the christian population. No real evidence anyone particularly finds it changed their lives either.

So none :)  Gotcha.

and Harry Potter LOL

Of course LOL :)

I don't pretend. In my opinion, it is just another book.

Hmmm.

Exflyer quote:

the bible is just another book on the rack

LOL - you make it too easy kiddo ;)  

ROFLMAO - did you want to have your usual melt down now or did you want to look a little more stupid for a while?

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

being accepting of others is generaly not a bad idea. And 'wouldn't it be great to be nice to people for a change' was such a revolutionary idea at the time they nailed him to a post for just suggesting it. Now we recognize it's probably a good idea overall.

Who's this we you're talking about?

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Nope. The percentage of people who are muslim are substnatially lower. Swing and a miss :0

Nope - most people havne't heard  it and chinas population is pretty small compared to the christian population. No real evidence anyone particularly finds it changed their lives either.

Hmmm.

ROFLMAO - did you want to have your usual melt down now or did you want to look a little more stupid for a while?

Oh poop!!!! You're always right...in your mind LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

oh poop!!!! You're always right.

true - unlike you i don't speak on a subject unless i've already done my homework on it. So it looks like i'm 'always right'.

Whereas you just go with whatever the voices in your head tell you and hope for the best :)   Which is why you're frequently wrong :)

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

What's even more important to understand is that this only became true after they started embracing humanism and secular intellectualism, corresponding with a steady decline in the Churches' power and influence over its people.  

Judeo-Christian institutions are the roots of the tree.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

true - unlike you i don't speak on a subject unless i've already done my homework on it. So it looks like i'm 'always right'.

Whereas you just go with whatever the voices in your head tell you and hope for the best :)   Which is why you're frequently wrong :)

Such a sad life you have LOL

Gee all the Bible thumpers are against immigration, why not propose something constructive like free Kama Sutras in every home? That would reduce the need for immigrants and give 18 years of time to catch up on housing while they grew up.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Try acting like one that might be more convincing.

You mean like those hamas terrorists who mutilated women whom you're defending in that other thread? 

I'm pretty sure you have no idea what humanity's about. You're fine with jewish women being raped and tortured and mutilated as long as it's JEWISH women, so i guess it's no surprise you don't think that being nice to each other like i mentioned above is a good idea either.

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Judeo-Christian institutions are the roots of the tree.  

It's fascinating to me how you rationalize this.  Rather than it being the rejection of religious influence and control over free thinking that led to the West's rapid advancements, you've somehow determined that it was the institutions and traditions of book burning, heretic branding and enforced dogma that created this fountain of innovation.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

It's fascinating to me how you rationalize this.  Rather than it being the rejection of religious influence and control over free thinking that led to the West's rapid advancements, you've somehow determined that it was the institutions and traditions of book burning, heretic branding and enforced dogma that created this fountain of innovation.  

If you find that 'fascinating' it due to self delusion not reason.  Some christian actors in the past behaved badly but are you really saying that ideas like 'love thy neghbour' are terrible? "thou stall not kill' - you think that's just a horrible idea? "respect your elders, don't bear false witness etc etc" -  you're SURPRISED people think that's not a bad way to live?

People who deny that the western countries like Canada and the US are based on christian values always have to try to dig up the worst parts of history and ignore anything the bible says that is good. Yet when challenged they always have to admit - mostly pretty good ideas.

I don't believe in god as i've stated many times but whether you believe in god or not - the values and ideals of the new testiment are actually not a bad base for a culture or for your personal life.

Yeash man - what kind of leftist do you have to be to believe that "thou shall not steal' is should be 'rejected'?

Edited by CdnFox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Are you a witch?  There’s a giant cauldron of boiling water and an angry mob waiting for you.

22 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

If you find that 'fascinating' it due to self delusion not reason. 

Right.  Let's check your reasoning here:

22 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Some christian actors in the past behaved badly but are you really saying that ideas like 'love thy neghbour' are terrible? "thou stall not kill' - you think that's just a horrible idea? "respect your elders, don't bear false witness etc etc" -  you're SURPRISED people think that's not a bad way to live?

Which religion or culture do you figure promotes the opposite?  Are Islam or Buddhism all about disrespecting your elders, hating your neighbor and lying/murdering as much as you can?  

Yeesh, indeed.  🤡

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Right.  Let's check your reasoning here:

Followed by

Which religion or culture do you figure promotes the opposite?

That wasn't my reasoning nor had it anything to do with my reasoning.

Wow. It took you one post to f*ck up.  Is that a record? I can't remember.

My reasoning of course was that just because there's been bad actors in the past that doesn't change the fact that Christianity has some good ideas.  That was it.  And that's true.

And according to YOU christening has no such redeeming qualities - remember? You found it "FASCINATING " that people could possibly rationalize the idea of our society being rooted in Christianity - the evil religion who's basis is the institutions and traditions of book burning, heretic branding and enforced dogma!!!!!!  THE HORROR!!! :)  

Just for future reference - the correct answer was "You're correct, the fundamentals do represent a pretty good way to live for the most part".  If you wanted you could then go on to complain about abuses i guess.

Instead you try to change the channel and talk about OTHER religions.

Maybe wait till post three to look like an 1diot next time.  You're always in such a hurry to desperately disagree with me that you trip over your own reasoning. I'm 100 percent correct, it's not really a debatable position - that the basic tenants of chrisianity are a very reasonable and good basis for a society or a personal life for the most part.

Oh and to answer your question -  Satan worship. Satan worship does not believe in those things. I suppose that's your religion of choice? :) LOL

9 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

That wasn't my reasoning nor had it anything to do with my reasoning.

Wow. It took you one post to f*ck up.  Is that a record? I can't remember.

My reasoning of course was that just because there's been bad actors in the past that doesn't change the fact that Christianity has some good ideas.  That was it.  And that's true.

Your reasoning is banal.  Every culture and religion has "some good ideas". The ones you brought up are universal and shared everywhere in the world, so bringing them up was a another useless thought from a useless mind. 🥱

Edited by Moonbox
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Your reasoning is banal. 

Then why did you want to look at it.  :) 

Every culture and religion has "some good ideas".

Still dodging the issue.

You were dumbfounded anyone would want to say their society was based on the 'book burners'. Fact is - it's a pretty good base for a society. Anything else is a red herring from you trying to distract from the fact you tried to pretend Chrisian values were a bad thing  to base our society on.  Apparently they burn books.  (and the occasional witch but i notice you let them slide for that, very kind of you :) )

You were wrong, and now you've tripled down on your stupid.

My logic isn't banal to anyone with a brain. It's simply correct. I don't know what you were thinking suggesting that christian principles were not something you'd want to base a society from the way you did. 

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

It is a much broader subject than you are portraying.  You have a narrow focus on a few bad things that happened, but are not aware of the much broader influence of Judeo-Christianity down through the centuries.

Here are a few things to consider:

The Roots of Democracy

Democracy as we know it today has its roots in ancient Greece. The Greek city-state of Athens is well known for its use of direct democracy, which allowed citizens to participate actively in government affairs.

However, the idea of democratic governance was not  limited to just the Greeks. Judeo-Christian values also played a significant role in shaping Western thought about democracy.

“The notion that all men are created equal and have inherent rights endowed by their Creator has long been an essential part of the American identity.”– Michael Gerson

The Bible teaches that every person is made in God’s image, regardless of social class or status. This belief led to a rejection of monarchies and authoritarian governments where rulers held absolute power over individuals’ lives.

unquote

How Judeo Christian Values Influenced Western Thought? Let's Just Say, It Wasn't All About the Loaves and Fishes. - Christian Educators Academy

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Hmmm.

What meltdown? My opinion, as I said. it is as valid as yours.

The meltdowns come from you when you attack every one of my and everyone elses posts.

Like I have been saying, take your meds, you may calm down LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

11 hours ago, blackbird said:

It is a much broader subject than you are portraying.  You have a narrow focus on a few bad things that happened, but are not aware of the much broader influence of Judeo-Christianity down through the centuries.

Here are a few things to consider:

The Roots of Democracy

Democracy as we know it today has its roots in ancient Greece. The Greek city-state of Athens is well known for its use of direct democracy, which allowed citizens to participate actively in government affairs.

However, the idea of democratic governance was not  limited to just the Greeks. Judeo-Christian values also played a significant role in shaping Western thought about democracy.

“The notion that all men are created equal and have inherent rights endowed by their Creator has long been an essential part of the American identity.”– Michael Gerson

The Bible teaches that every person is made in God’s image, regardless of social class or status. This belief led to a rejection of monarchies and authoritarian governments where rulers held absolute power over individuals’ lives.

unquote

How Judeo Christian Values Influenced Western Thought? Let's Just Say, It Wasn't All About the Loaves and Fishes. - Christian Educators Academy

Here are a few more things to consider:

"The ancient Greeks were polytheistic, meaning that they worshipped multiple deities as well as other supernatural beings."  Nothing about christianity or judism at all.

Your use of the term Judeo Christian misguided.. "The term "Judæo Christian" first appears in a letter by Alexander McCaul which is dated October 17, 1821. The term in this case referred to Jewish converts to Christianity." It is not the religion of the two. Judaism and christian are still very distinct.

If the bible teaches "every person is made in God’s image," then your anti gay anti lgbtq++++ and anti immigration and anti refugee stance is very unchristian.

Edited by ExFlyer

I'm going to speak over the religious zealots for a second, then come back to them:

Secular humanists: although you disagree with "the bible" as a source, I have pointed out that a formalized and coded moral code was & is instrumental in establishing a basic roadmap for a cooperative society.  I would assess that many of you believe that "the bible" is being contorted and used by manipulative agents right now, but that you agree that some form of common moral code is helpful, especially where influencers have sucked the air out and created a vacuum of trust.

Bible likers: you DO realize that "the bible" was not readable until the dawn of the Renaissance, and spawned decades of strife and war once it was PRINTED in the local language for the few literates to read, yes?  "The bible" was only instrumental as a social tool when used by community leaders who were clergy.  They would provide a counter balance, sometimes fractious, to the governing powers of nations.

There is no such arbiter of morality today.  If you pine for the days of old, then you are pining for a time when there were non-political leaders who would provide moral leadership on issues of the day.  As religion faded, the clergy gave way to academia and other disparate voices.  Today we have performance artists - comedians, actors, musicians - who are providing something like this but with nothing close to the influence, nor the cohesion of a common moral stance that a religious sect would give.

So I think we're agreeing more than we see.  I would say cultural bubbles prevent us from merging our outlooks and making politics work in the way they did many decades ago.