What will YOU do on Trump's first day back in the WH?

1 hour ago, Hodad said:

The thing is, he's not unelectable. He's the same doddering old man he was last week. But as long as Trump is on the ballot whoever is on in the other side--and in whatever condition--is an electable candidate.

A potato is a better option. A potato won't do anything at all to improve our country. It's completely worthless. But it won't actively try to end the Republic, as Trump has already done. Beyond the myriad smaller--and larger--harms he has done, he is the only disappointed loser in the history of this nation who put himself above the country, seeking to thwart the peaceful transfer of power that is absolutely central to democracy.

We had one very close call already. That was the dress rehearsal. We may not survive the next attempt. 

And there are a lot of Americans who feel the same way. I like being an American. I don't want to become whatever we'd be called in a post-democratic nation. If it's a potato, I'm voting potato. 

Both sides have taken to claiming the other is 'unelectible' or 'done'   This is not remotely true in either case.

Trump has very clear paths to victory and he's experienced and he's got the resources.  He could very easily win.

Biden can win too - campaigns matter and there is a very real chance that trump will want it to be all about him instead of all about biden's record and trump could talk himself right out of a win. His campaign with hillary was very much a race to the bottom with two horrible campaigners.

Will trump run an effective campaign? If he does he probably wins.  Will biden get away with hiding in his basement again? If he does he probably wins.

We'll see.

On 2/9/2024 at 10:50 AM, Queenmandy85 said:

There are no white human beings. Look in the mirror with a piece white paper beside your face. You are brown. Everybody is brown. We are merely different shades of brown. Not black, not red, not yellow, not white. We are all brown. We are all the same race, modern homosapiens. 

White people appear to more pink that anything.

• Haha 1

Don't they have guided tours for tourists in the White House? Perhaps Trump will be allowed to go on one of such tours but that is the closest Trump is going to be allowed to have anything to do with the White House.

26 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Don't they have guided tours for tourists in the White House? Perhaps Trump will be allowed to go on one of such tours but that is the closest Trump is going to be allowed to have anything to do with the White House.

Don't be so sure. That's what people said the last time, with Trump versus Hillary. Although I do not think it is "good" for America at this point, it always comes down to choosing the lesser of two evils. There is no question if Trump does get elected, the country will explode in violence as we saw before. Most of this violence coming directly from Trump's political opponents, if you recall encouraging protestors to go on rampages and loot and burn, then tried to pin these crimes on Trump's presidency.

The fact remains, if there were an election TODAY, Trump would win according to certain polls. That says despite all the insanity, and the allegations, has not changed one thing in terms of electoral support.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/poll-biden-trump-economy-presidential-race-rcna136834

Feb 4 2024
Biden trails GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump on major policy and personal comparisons, including by more than 20 points on which candidate would better handle the economy. And Biden’s deficit versus Trump on handling immigration and the border is greater than 30 points.

The poll also shows Trump holding a 16-point advantage over Biden on being competent and effective, a reversal from 2020, when Biden was ahead of Trump on this quality by 9 points before defeating him in that election.

And Biden’s approval rating has declined to the lowest level of his presidency in NBC News polling — to 37% — while fewer than 3 in 10 voters approve of his handling of the Israel-Hamas war.

All together, these numbers explain why the poll shows Trump leading Biden by 5 points among registered voters in a hypothetical 2024 general-election matchup, 47% to 42%. While the result is within the poll’s margin of error, the last year of polling shows a clear shift.

Still too early to say, I know, but the fact these numbers are here now is pretty surprising given all that has gone on.

2 hours ago, -TSS- said:

Right now with all we know and the polling we have he's more likely to win than biden by about 55 (trump) to 45(biden) percent.

That doesn't mean he's going to win but pretending he's got no chance is just childish wishfull thinking

This one is going to come down to the campaign i think - and that's anyone's guess. Trump isn't actually a great campaigner but biden won't be able to hide in his basement this time

On 2/11/2024 at 9:27 AM, -TSS- said:

What makes you say that, TSS? What evidence do you have? Or are you just trying to chest up with Conservatives? 

Of course, none of us have a crystal ball, but indicators are showing that Trump will win because Americans are weary of woke cultists running their country into the ground. Unless you a$$holes find another way to cheat, I see Trump smoking Biden in a landslide. 

I'll be selling "Emotional Support Robots", "Emotional Support Buttplugs", Donald Trump Squishies, Donald Trump Poop Squishies, and Trump Voodoo Dolls. 

You can't be cool in 2025 if you don't have at least 3 of these things. 

I'm selling all 5 as "The Wokey Pkg" for $400, or you can get "The robo Pkg" for $450 - it has an extra buttplug. 

ScreenShot2024-02-12at2_12_14PM.thumb.png.6b5d5a98f8eb4c2a73c35760eceb7c4b.pngScreenShot2024-02-12at2_15_21PM.thumb.png.99a7916a758ce095f2c0e0708d75c0d0.png

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I'll be selling "Emotional Support Robots", "Emotional Support Buttplugs", Donald Trump Squishies, Donald Trump Poop Squishies, and Trump Voodoo Dolls. 

I'm selling all 5 as "The Wokey Pkg" for $400, or you can get "The robo Pkg" for $450 - it has an extra buttplug. 

ScreenShot2024-02-12at2_12_14PM.thumb.png.6b5d5a98f8eb4c2a73c35760eceb7c4b.pngScreenShot2024-02-12at2_15_21PM.thumb.png.99a7916a758ce095f2c0e0708d75c0d0.png

You're so thoughtful...lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I have decided that i'm ok with not being cool :)

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

You're so thoughtful...lol

That's what I thought until I saw Black Dog's posts in the "Mopey Leftists" thread earlier today.

I suddenly realized that I had never even thought about what the penis area on the Trump squishy should tase like. I didn't know there were options. 

Here I was thinking about the huge smiles on their faces the day they got their emotional support buttplugs, I had no idea that the tase of Trump's dick would set them off. 

Could I get sued if it doesn't taste right? Didn't Trump already get sued for that by someone? 

@Black Dog, when you get your Trump squishy, what do you want the penis area to taste like? Don't say "yuuuuuge" because that's not a flavour and there won't be an actual penis on it. You'll have to get that doll from @robosmith, if he's even selling any of his.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

That's what I thought until I saw Black Dog's posts in the "Mopey Leftists" thread earlier today.

I suddenly realized that I had never even thought about what the penis area on the Trump squishy should tase like. I didn't know there were options. 

Here I was thinking about the huge smiles on their faces the day they got their emotional support buttplugs, I had no idea that the tase of Trump's dick would set them off. 

Could I get sued if it doesn't taste right? Didn't Trump already get sued for that by someone? 

@Black Dog, when you get your Trump squishy, what do you want the penis area to taste like? Don't say "yuuuuuge" because that's not a flavour and there won't be an actual penis on it. You'll have to get that doll from @robosmith, if he's even selling any of his.

well that post was both highly amusing and emotionally scarring.  Well played.

• Haha 1

I know that folks would oppose this vehemently because they like their contrived political drama but here is one proposal. For a given election (state, federal, county, whatever)... no ads, no pamphlets before Sept 1 of that year. it seems like as soon as one election is over.. the next day, folks start up on the next one. Believe it or not.. there is some definite fatigue on the behalf of most voters. 

21 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

I know that folks would oppose this vehemently because they like their contrived political drama but here is one proposal. For a given election (state, federal, county, whatever)... no ads, no pamphlets before Sept 1 of that year. it seems like as soon as one election is over.. the next day, folks start up on the next one. Believe it or not.. there is some definite fatigue on the behalf of most voters. 

I'd rather see a sort of accountability commission being formed to audit campaign promises. If the President or Representative doesn't meet a certain score, then he's disqualified for the next term. That should keep those f*ckers focused. 

58 minutes ago, Deluge said:

I'd rather see a sort of accountability commission being formed to audit campaign promises. If the President or Representative doesn't meet a certain score, then he's disqualified for the next term. That should keep those f*ckers focused. 

I get why you'd say that and it's a common conmment but the fact is you really can't legislate away the job of the voter.

THere are sites that produce score cards and show whether or not they kept promises and if not why not so you can look if it's reasonable, etc.  But if the voters are not willing to put their country first and say "any hint of corruption or unjustified promise breaking and you're gone" then no amount of law is going to fix the problem.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 7:26 AM, Deluge said:

my comment is not on job performance but rather the constant flood of politics in our life. When I grew up in the 80's.. the only time that you could not stay away from it was Sept to Oct of a given election year. Now these days.. it is almost 365 days per year. Both sides can't get enough of this. I do not find it interesting. Its a necessary evil but should be given in small doses. 

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

my comment is not on job performance but rather the constant flood of politics in our life. When I grew up in the 80's.. the only time that you could not stay away from it was Sept to Oct of a given election year. Now these days.. it is almost 365 days per year. Both sides can't get enough of this. I do not find it interesting. Its a necessary evil but should be given in small doses. 

Could not disagree more with that concept - democracy requires that the people be involved.  If you don't like that a monarchy or dictatorship may be more to your taste :)

And when i grew up it was regularly discussed, people participated, they engaged at the local riding level and provincial levels and i think things were much better for it.

What's new now is the tribalism and fighting. What we see now is less like political discussion and more like fans at an english football game where they REALLY don't like each other. :)

And the politicans whip up that frenzy and the people eat it up and here we are. Now we have more politics but far far far less productive politics.

18 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

I get what you're saying, but that'll never happen, just like my scenario will never happen.