Jump to content

Jagmeet badly fumbles question on housing. What's this guy here for?


CdnFox

Recommended Posts

This isn't a complex question, and Jagmeet badly fumbles it.  "how would you make homes more affordable".  it just goes nowhere

There have been some really strong and spectacular NDP leaders over the years, and this guy has far more power than most. And he's utterly useless.

The next election could very well turn out to be a race to the bottom for the ndp and libs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow.

He's like that subway sandwich clerk that is overzealous:

"What would you like on your sandwich?" *starts putting lettuce on it*

I don't want lettuce...

"Interrupts you each time you try to let them know what you want"

I want tomatoes..

"What about olives?"

No oliv....

"Spinach?"

*awkward pause as we just gaze at each other*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jack9000 said:

good question I wanted him gone for years the party should of selected charlie angus in the leadership election .

No.

Nathan Cullen.

As a long time NDP i've often said their main problem was electing leaders by their skill at delivering the message. Layton was the only one this generation. I've jokingly stated they'd elect an ESL Helen Keller in a wheelchair because it's 2024... before one with qualifications.

Besides, Singh dodged the question just like every other leading politician does so that should impress you on his political 'skills'.
Join the crowd and condemn Singh for carrying stuff in a fancier bag than you have instead of a black plastic garbage bag instead.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jack9000 said:

good question I wanted him gone for years the party should of selected charlie angus in the leadership election .

At least Charlie is not afraid to get things done or to take a stand, even if the rest of the party isn't entirely on board.  He'd be a good leader for the ndp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, herbie said:

No.

Nathan Cullen.

As a long time NDP i've often said their main problem was electing leaders by their skill at delivering the message. Layton was the only one this generation. I've jokingly stated they'd elect an ESL Helen Keller in a wheelchair because it's 2024... before one with qualifications.

Besides, Singh dodged the question just like every other leading politician does so that should impress you on his political 'skills'.
Join the crowd and condemn Singh for carrying stuff in a fancier bag than you have instead of a black plastic garbage bag instead.

Nathan Cullen is an 1diot. He'd be the worst choice - as far as the ndp goes he'd be the 'lite' version of what they have now - All the incompetence and half the charisma of leading ndp federal party leaders.

Charlie may not be the best campaigner - but he'd probably be a pretty good leader.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Wow.

He's like that subway sandwich clerk that is overzealous:

Me: "Can I get some chipotle sauce?"

*PTHHWWWTWWHHHHWWWWtPTTHHHWWWWWWTPTHWWWWWWWWWWWT*

Me: "You can stop any time now."

Mad squirter: "I can't hear hear you. The squirting noise is too loud."

*PTHHWWWTWWHHHHWWWWtPTTHHHWWWWWWTPTHWWWWWWWWWWWT*

Me: "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLZ STOP!"

*PTHHWWWTWWHHHHWWWWt*

*PTHHWWWT*

Me: "Thanks, can I get a straw with that?"

*PTHHWWWT*

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, herbie said:

No.

Nathan Cullen.

As a long time NDP i've often said their main problem was electing leaders by their skill at delivering the message. Layton was the only one this generation. I've jokingly stated they'd elect an ESL Helen Keller in a wheelchair because it's 2024... before one with qualifications.

Besides, Singh dodged the question just like every other leading politician does so that should impress you on his political 'skills'.
Join the crowd and condemn Singh for carrying stuff in a fancier bag than you have instead of a black plastic garbage bag instead.

No. He dodged the question. Not every other leading politician. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/political-battle-housing-issue-1.7047812

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, herbie said:

No.

Nathan Cullen.

As a long time NDP i've often said their main problem was electing leaders by their skill at delivering the message. Layton was the only one this generation. I've jokingly stated they'd elect an ESL Helen Keller in a wheelchair because it's 2024... before one with qualifications.

Besides, Singh dodged the question just like every other leading politician does so that should impress you on his political 'skills'.
Join the crowd and condemn Singh for carrying stuff in a fancier bag than you have instead of a black plastic garbage bag instead.

Our political leaders dodge the question because there is no easy answer. There is a shortage of qualified people in the trades which has been building for years. And then there is a shortage of money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Our political leaders dodge the question because there is no easy answer. There is a shortage of qualified people in the trades which has been building for years. And then there is a shortage of money.

IMO the problem is that everyone wants houses in the same areas: the GTA->Que City, Victoria, and the GVA.

You can get 4 or 5 houses in Regina for the price of a home in Coquitlam, but immigrants only want to stay in the main cities. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

IMO the problem is that everyone wants houses in the same areas: the GTA->Que City, Victoria, and the GVA.

You can get 4 or 5 houses in Regina for the price of a home in Coquitlam, but immigrants only want to stay in the main cities. 

Well at the rate trudeau piles them in, there' no time to integrate them into our society so they have to move into places where there's a large community already for support.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Our political leaders dodge the question because there is no easy answer.

Poilievre seems to think this will work. I like the idea of fining NIMBY communities - who would have thought NIMBYS were an issue? (sarcasm/off) I wish him luck.

Poilievre's proposed housing plan

Tie federal funding to municipalities to the number of housing starts

Offer "big bonuses" to municipalities that surpass a target of 15 per cent more homes built every year. Claw back money from municipalities that fall short of that target.

Implement a "NIMBY" fine on municipalities that block construction because of "egregious" opposition from local residents.

Demand that the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) accelerate approval of financing for projects and threaten to withhold bonuses from CMHC staff if they fail to do so.

Eliminate the GST on affordable apartment housing to spur development.

Sell off 15 per cent of federally owned buildings so the land can be used to build affordable homes.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poilievre-housing-plan-1.6966907

I suspect BC will do well given the new legislation that does away with single residence zoning.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2023PREM0062-001706

In the meantime.

42 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

There is a shortage of qualified people in the trades which has been building for years. And then there is a shortage of money.

I'd suggest Poilievre add attracting more immigrants that are qualified home builders to his list of solutions. As for the money, who knows where he's going to find that never mind when? It could still easily take  10 years to see results.

Stay tuned for more dodging I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Poilievre seems to think this will work. I like the idea of fining NIMBY communities - who would have thought NIMBYS were an issue? (sarcasm/off) I wish him luck.

Poilievre's proposed housing plan

Tie federal funding to municipalities to the number of housing starts

Offer "big bonuses" to municipalities that surpass a target of 15 per cent more homes built every year. Claw back money from municipalities that fall short of that target.

Implement a "NIMBY" fine on municipalities that block construction because of "egregious" opposition from local residents.

Demand that the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) accelerate approval of financing for projects and threaten to withhold bonuses from CMHC staff if they fail to do so.

Eliminate the GST on affordable apartment housing to spur development.

Sell off 15 per cent of federally owned buildings so the land can be used to build affordable homes.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poilievre-housing-plan-1.6966907

I suspect BC will do well given the new legislation that does away with single residence zoning.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2023PREM0062-001706

In the meantime.

I'd suggest Poilievre add attracting more immigrants that are qualified home builders to his list of solutions. As for the money, who knows where he's going to find that never mind when? It could still easily take  10 years to see results.

Stay tuned for more dodging I think.

Your political knowledge and acumen seems about equal to your understanding of Robert's rules :)  In other words, pretty slender

Those will be general placeholders. Thinks the thinks the trudeau gov't will think of so he says them early and he can claim trudeau is just copying him.  I'm sure he'll actually implement some of those things but i doubt we've seen his 'feature' ideas yet and won't until election time.

That's how poltiics works.  You give your ideas 2 years before an election and you might as well not bother running.

Results can be seen pretty early on if he does the right things.  But - it will indeed be decades to FULLY resolve the crisis.

THat's ok tho - if he solved it day one then people like you would just go back to voting liberal so they could ruin it again :)  this way people might remember a little longer why the left leads to failure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Your political knowledge and acumen seems about equal to your understanding of Robert's rules :) In other words, pretty slender

Yet still vast and wide compared to your's - and I admit I'm certainly no expert.

Note how much effort you put into denying the importance of addressing NIMBYISM for example. I expect you'll be denying you ever did that at all given Poilievre's awareness of the need to act assertively is now in your face. 'Doh....kay' is how you hard-boiled right-wing hacks always roll.

That said, fixing the housing crisis will still remain such a difficult task that Poilievre will have no choice but to either throw hundreds of billions of tax dollars at building social housing or whine about the mess he inherited. Doesn't take much acumen to see that'll be his go-to excuse and especially your's.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yet still vast and wide compared to your's - and I admit I'm certainly no expert.

LOL - sure kid :)  You're a legend in your own mind ;)


 

Quote

Note how much effort you put into denying the importance of addressing NIMBYISM for example.

You mean none? I didn't deny nimbyism at all.

Quote

I expect you'll be denying you ever did that at all given Poilievre's awareness of the need to act assertively is now in your face.

Uhhh - what?   I didn't mention nimbyism and Pollievre's need to act assertively doesn't change that in the slightest.

Quote

'Doh....kay' is how you hard-boiled right-wing hacks always roll.

Uh huh.  You...  you doin' ok there big guy?

Quote

That said, fixing the housing crisis will still remain such a difficult task that Poilievre will have no choice but to either throw hundreds of billions of tax dollars at building social housing or whine about the mess he inherited. Doesn't take much acumen to see that'll be his go-to excuse and especially your's.

Uh huh.

Well - in fact he'll probably just fix it. It's not that hard to do. He's off to a good start but i think there's a couple of key pieces to add to it, and he can buy himself some time by reducing immigration for a  while (which he will never say before an election)

Like i say, permanently fixing the mess your buddy trudeau has made will take time.  But he can certainly make things better and start down that path. Stop rents and homes rising, substantially increase constsruction, let wages start to catch up to home prices. Four years later things are a little better, four more years and they're better still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can tell you the DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) ideology and policies are having a devastating effect on many Canadians.  These policies are resulting in people who are unable to speak English being put into positions that seriously and negatively affect Canadians.  Yet they are there trying to provide services to the public.

I ran into two of them lately.  One was in a critical position in the health care system.  One of them phoned me to discuss serious health care issues.  Unfortunately for me I could barely understand a word that was said.

The second serious incident happened today when I phoned the Walmart support number to find out why I had been double-billed for a load of groceries.  I could barely understand a single word.  It was very frustrating and we both struggled for quite a while to finally get to the answer.

In both cases their accents were strongly east Indian or from that area of the world.  These people are being put in key positions regardless of their lack of ability to communicate with the population of Canada.  It appears the ability to communicate with the people they are supposed to be serving is a very low priority.  What is important is giving the appearance of implementing DEI.

Of course in Jagmeet Singh's case, the problem is not lack of ability to speak English.  The problem is his ideology is completely alien and screwed up.  There is nothing rational about someone who rejects free enterprise in the west and embraces Socialist authoritarian types of government.

 

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Nathan Cullen is an 1diot. He'd be the worst choice - as far as the ndp goes he'd be the 'lite' version of what they have now - All the incompetence and half the charisma of leading ndp federal party leaders.

Do point out your total lack of knowledge regarding anything you post. You just shit on the one possible leader that would have given a direct detailed answer without any political grandstanding in a manner even an illiterate would understand.
Your 'charisma' comment points out the hypocrisy of the so called 'right', whining about 'dictators' everywhere while requiring a leader to herd you like sheep.

Heads of parties are more accurately categorized as administrators to enact the party's platform, not vice versa. Only political ignoroids claim otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, herbie said:

Heads of parties are more accurately categorized as administrators to enact the party's platform, not vice versa. Only political ignoroids claim otherwise.

What!!!? Take the current Liberal government. The party is there just to enact Trudeau's rampant narcissist policies.

Trudeau couldn't administrate a booze-up at a brewery.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,752
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Dorai
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • Venandi earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • CDN1 went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • DUI_Offender went up a rank
      Proficient
    • CrazyCanuck89 went up a rank
      Apprentice
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...