Jump to content

America Divided - I'm right, you're wrong


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, August1991 said:

This past summer, a foreigner, I travelled by train (Amtrak) from Chicago to Portland, Oregon. I stopped in Montana

I talked with many Americans.

You Americans are divided. Some of you openly hate Trump. Others shyly like the guy.

Indeed, we're pretty divided. One side thinks we're a democratic nation where the people vote choose the leadership via election 

The other side believes that the sitting vice president just gets to pick who wins. 

I wonder which side is in the right? It's a mystery.

Edited by Hodad
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Indeed, we're pretty divided. One side thinks we're a democratic nation where the people vote choose the leadership via election 

The other side believes that the sitting vice president just gets to pick who wins. 

I wonder which side is in the right? It's a mystery.

If only we had an ancient magical document that might reveal the answer.....

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, August1991 said:

This past summer, a foreigner, I travelled by train (Amtrak) from Chicago to Portland, Oregon. I stopped in Montana

I talked with many Americans.

You Americans are divided. Some of you openly hate Trump. Others shyly like the guy.

unlike Canada, America was built to take the pounding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Hyperbole.

There's no ethnic cleansing under Trump.

I don’t think it’s hyperbole at all.  The Holocaust was one of the most evil things that’s ever happened, and it should forever be remembered as such. 
 

Over 50 million people died in WW II.  Adolph Hitler was responsible for nearly all of it. The Holocaust times ten. 
 

Donald Trump threatened to drop nuclear bombs on North Korea. 
Donald Trump created an openly hostile relationship with China. 
Donald Trump rejected democratic leaders across the world. 
Donald Trump embraced the dictatorial, fascist leaders of Russia, Hungary, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia.  
Donald Trump asked the DoD to develop plans to invade Iran and the JCoS were very concerned that he would invade Iran to distract from his January 6 disaster.

Donald Trump tried to illegally and violently overturn his election loss, for the only time in American history, and it would have been the end of democracy as we know it   

Democracy is a very fragile thing.  Trump’s actions could have easily lead us straight into another global war, and if re-elected, we face the same instability.  

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Hyperbole.

There's no ethnic cleansing under Trump.

He was voted out in 2020. Given more time there's no telling what he and his cohorts would've attempted. Isn't trying to steal a presidential election by any and all means possible enough evidence of how sick this portion of America is?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, August1991 said:

Disagree.

Trump is no Hitler.

Hitler wasn't Hitler until after he spent time in jail for insurrection and was elected the second time.

Only then did he destroy democracy in Germany and start the final solution.

Of course Hitler was younger than Trump and had more time left at that point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Hitler wasn't Hitler until after he spent time in jail for insurrection and was elected the second time.

Only then did he destroy democracy in Germany and start the final solution.

Of course Hitler was younger than Trump and had more time left at that point.

Hey, at least we found one Trump supporter who doesn't deny the Holocaust. There's progress!  Maybe next they'll agree that women should be allowed to drive cars; who knows?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rebound said:

I don’t think it’s hyperbole at all.  The Holocaust was one of the most evil things that’s ever happened, and it should forever be remembered as such. 
 

Over 50 million people died in WW II.  Adolph Hitler was responsible for nearly all of it. The Holocaust times ten. 
 

Donald Trump threatened to drop nuclear bombs on North Korea. 
Donald Trump created an openly hostile relationship with China. 
Donald Trump rejected democratic leaders across the world. 
Donald Trump embraced the dictatorial, fascist leaders of Russia, Hungary, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia.  
Donald Trump asked the DoD to develop plans to invade Iran and the JCoS were very concerned that he would invade Iran to distract from his January 6 disaster.

Donald Trump tried to illegally and violently overturn his election loss, for the only time in American history, and it would have been the end of democracy as we know it   

Democracy is a very fragile thing.  Trump’s actions could have easily lead us straight into another global war, and if re-elected, we face the same instability.  

None of that amounts to Trump being worse than Hitler

5 hours ago, NYLefty said:

He was voted out in 2020. Given more time there's no telling what he and his cohorts would've attempted. Isn't trying to steal a presidential election by any and all means possible enough evidence of how sick this portion of America is?

He's WORSE than Hitler because of what he COULD have done... 

That's an odd game to arrive at such conclusions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our leaders in NA are playing a dangerous game with all of their hate-mongering and their thinly disguised violent rhetoric.

When Dems called for their followers to "get in the faces of Republicans and show them that they're not welcome", when they pooh-poohed violent comments like "I've dreamt of blowing up the WH", and "maybe it's time another actor assassinated a president", when they called a severed-head effigy "art", when they labelled all Trump voters "MAGA ikstreemist tararists", and when they decided (including Biden, no less) that protests outside of SCJ's homes was just peachy, when they backed false narratives which fanned the flames of racial hatred and then said "mostly peaceful protests", they set the stage for violence against their political opponents to be acceptable.   

Trudeau did it too when he referred to the unvaxed as "often racists and misogynists", and when he constantly accuses the conservatives of being racists.

This is not ok:

Joe22Adolf22Biden.thumb.png.7ea783d644765b9bb864e61d83e7a444.png

ScreenShot2023-09-03at11_41_20AM.thumb.png.639b4e66a35a23b75da05fcd3c75bd76.png

ScreenShot2023-09-03at11_42_30AM.thumb.png.781e23d9e67a6e54067ff0a54f3c0585.png

We actually do need to "push back on these people and tell them that they're not welcome in our society". 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

....

When Dems called for their followers to "get in the faces of Republicans and show them that they're not welcome",

....

We actually do need to "push back on these people and tell them that they're not welcome in our society". 

 

^Doing the same thing complained about on the other side. Extreme HYPOCRISY, as if "violent rhetoric" and fear mongering is not prolific on the right.

"We fight like hell, and if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2023 at 11:00 AM, Rebound said:

...

Donald Trump tried to illegally and violently overturn his election loss, for the only time in American history, and it would have been the end of democracy as we know it   

Democracy is a very fragile thing.  Trump’s actions could have easily lead us straight into another global war, and if re-elected, we face the same instability.  

Donald Trump did not do what you say.

====

Democracy fragile? Your federal republic - the people who wrote your constitution - survived a civil war.

You Americans, for almost three centuries, have a political system that works.

People in China and in Russia are curious  

Edited by August1991
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2023 at 10:39 PM, NYLefty said:

There's wrong and there's right. Unfortunately it takes time to sort these things out. Those that supported Nazism in pre WW2 Europe woke up on the wrong side of history and eventually Trump supporters will too.

THe nazi's were democratic socialists, just like most of the dems these days.  Careful about your predictions ;)

But - you demonstrate the point the op makes beautifully so thanks for showing up :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2023 at 8:00 AM, Rebound said:

I don’t think it’s hyperbole at all.  The Holocaust was one of the most evil things that’s ever happened, and it should forever be remembered as such. 
 

Over 50 million people died in WW II.  Adolph Hitler was responsible for nearly all of it. The Holocaust times ten. 
 

Donald Trump threatened to drop nuclear bombs on North Korea. 
Donald Trump created an openly hostile relationship with China. 
Donald Trump rejected democratic leaders across the world. 
Donald Trump embraced the dictatorial, fascist leaders of Russia, Hungary, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia.  
Donald Trump asked the DoD to develop plans to invade Iran and the JCoS were very concerned that he would invade Iran to distract from his January 6 disaster.

Donald Trump tried to illegally and violently overturn his election loss, for the only time in American history, and it would have been the end of democracy as we know it   

Democracy is a very fragile thing.  Trump’s actions could have easily lead us straight into another global war, and if re-elected, we face the same instability.  

Yea  -  pretty much all of that is false

And democracy is NOT a fragile thing in the slighest.  It is extremely robust. FREEDOM is a little more delicate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, August1991 said:

Donald Trump did not do what you say.

The MAGA CULT MOB invaded the Capitol to disrupt the EC vote count at Trump's DIRECTION. Duh

6 hours ago, August1991 said:

====

Democracy fragile? Your federal republic - the people who wrote your constitution - survived a civil war.

You Americans, for almost three centuries, have a political system that works.

People in China and in Russia are curious  

IF Hitler wanna be Trump had a few more ruthless thugs (like Hitler's), he MIGHT have been successful at arranging a forced and fake contingent election.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, robosmith said:

The MAGA CULT MOB invaded the Capitol to disrupt the EC vote count at Trump's DIRECTION. Duh

IF Hitler wanna be Trump had a few more ruthless thugs (like Hitler's), he MIGHT have been successful at arranging a forced and fake contingent election.

Mob? MAGA cult?

I suggest that you look at how Rutherford Hayes became president.

=====

Some 70 million Americans voted for Donald Trump in November 2020. Trump wants to be a candidate in 2024.

I am Canadian - a foreigner. We foreigners can all see that what Biden and the Democrats are doing is wrong. This is not the America I know.

In Canada, a sitting federal PM could not have an Attorney-General put a leader of the Official Opposition in jail. Our House has a sword of distance.

Edited by August1991
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, CdnFox said:

THe nazi's were democratic socialists, just like most of the dems these days.  Careful about your predictions ;)

But - you demonstrate the point the op makes beautifully so thanks for showing up :) 

Making things up to divert from "Actual" facts and historical data makes you look,.. well in good ole NYinese "A Putz" ?

But nice try

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Yea  -  pretty much all of that is false

And democracy is NOT a fragile thing in the slighest.  It is extremely robust. FREEDOM is a little more delicate.

Really? Democracy isn’t fragile?

Russia was a democracy. 
1930’s Germany was a democracy

Russia was a democracy 

Venezuela was a democracy

All it takes is a President who refuses to leave office. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Really? Democracy isn’t fragile?

Russia was a democracy. 
1930’s Germany was a democracy

Russia was a democracy 

Venezuela was a democracy

All it takes is a President who refuses to leave office. 

Three examples from history.  That's how you make a point.

Watch for a response with some diminutive insult...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,695
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Linda Teskey
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • Yakuda went up a rank
      Experienced
    • QuebecOverCanada went up a rank
      Grand Master
    • Jeary went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Gator earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Jeary earned a badge
      Week One Done
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...