America Divided - I'm right, you're wrong

24 minutes ago, August1991 said:

God knows.

But as a foreigner - a Canadian, what the Democrats are doing now against Trump and the Proud Boys, it is Third World. The Democrats are using the power of the State against political opponents.

In Canada, we don't do this.

=====

During the FLQ crisis, even Trudeau Snr negotiated a deal with Cuba and its Expo 67 pavillion.

You're very confused. Third world countries have unelected dictators who place themselves above the law. This is not "third world" behavior. This is the way things work in a nation of laws. Rich, poor, powerful or powerless, all are meant to be held to the same standard.

Neither being a president nor running for the office puts one above law, but that is what you are arguing. 

Trump has broken many laws, betrayed his oath of office and betrayed the American people.

For all of this, he's being prosecuted, not persecuted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Hodad said:

You're very confused. Third world countries have unelected dictators who place themselves above the law. This is not "third world" behavior. This is the way things work in a nation of laws. Rich, poor, powerful or powerless, all are meant to be held to the same standard.

Neither being a president nor running for the office puts one above law, but that is what you are arguing. 

Trump has broken many laws, betrayed his oath of office and betrayed the American people.

Hogwash.

If that were true hillary would still be behind bars.  So would nixon etc.

In fact political leaders in the us are generally above the law.  This is due to a principle where if that WASN'T the case then unscrupulous politicians would use the law to repress and prosecute their opposition unfairly,

Now - lets be clear. The dems have been attempting to use the law to persecute trump since day one. Russian "collusion' that never happened. Faked 'obstruction' that was never a thing. Illegal searches and so on.   Bullcrap 'omnibus' charges trying to take a bunch of minor misdemeanors and compress them into a felony.  ANd prosecutors who've out and out said they'll get trump one way or another.

Even some of the latest charges seem pretty 'stretched'.  Some seem to have weight but then so did charges against hunter and so did charges against hillary - but of course mr clinton ran across the tarmac and had a casual conversation with the chief justice about their grandkids and bam  - problem solved.

What's happening with trump IS entirely third world.  IF they had never done all the rest of the crap they did and were now like 'look - this is something we can't let go" then maybe.  But honestly - they've been trying to 'trump up' charges since day one and this just doesn't hold water.

The dems are totally third world actors - and they're going to drag the republicans down to their level and this will be the new norm.

7 hours ago, August1991 said:

God knows.

But as a foreigner - a Canadian, what the Democrats are doing now against Trump and the Proud Boys, it is Third World. The Democrats are using the power of the State against political opponents.

In Canada, we don't do this.

=====

During the FLQ crisis, even Trudeau Snr negotiated a deal with Cuba and its Expo 67 pavillion.

There are plenty of Republicans who see a problem with how the Trump regime tried to force a constitutional crisis to stay in power in January 2021.

Conservative support institutions, radicals say the cops and judges are in on it and get rid of them..

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, August1991 said:

I disagree.

You compare your Civil War of 1861-64 with the events of 6 Jan 2021? You are wrong.

Oh, so you disagree with ONE of many examples, so I'm wrong? That's ridiculous. 

Many democracies around the world have failed. They fail when a dictator assumes power. The dictator is either elected, like Hugo Chavez in Venezuela, or stages a military coup.  This has happened over and over. Citizens in a democracy need to be very wary of voting for "strong leaders" who speak like dictators, who make ridiculous promises and pretend only they can save you from an imaginary threat.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, August1991 said:

I agree that no one is above the law. Votes irrelevant? I disagree. In a democracy, votes matter

Trump got many, many votes in 2020.  Everyone in the world can see this.

What the Democrats are doing now is Third World- in Canada, we don't do this.

Many European Nations have charged and convicted former heads of state.

I'll bet you'd back charging and convicting Trudeau if he tried to violently overturn an election that went against him like Trump did.

On 9/8/2023 at 10:55 PM, August1991 said:

I agree that no one is above the law. Votes irrelevant? I disagree. In a democracy, votes matter

Trump got many, many votes in 2020.  Everyone in the world can see this.

What the Democrats are doing now is Third World- in Canada, we don't do this.

So, Trump fan, did it bother you at all that Donald Trump told Hillary Clinton that if he were elected he would put her in prison?  

The counterpoint to “Boo Hoo, Trump’s being prosecuted,” is “No-one is above the law in the United States.” Donald Trump is facing 91 felonies and hundreds of millions of dollars in civil lawsuits. He paid a $25 million fraud settlement before taking office.  A $25 million fraud settlement basically means he stole $25 million from people.  

Maybe you aren’t paying attention, but Joe Biden has never threatened to jail his opposition and Biden’s remained isolated from his AG on all of the political prosecution issues. In fact, the Trump-appointed Delaware prosecutor investigating Hunter Biden could have been fired by Biden, but to avoid any appearance of impropriety, Biden kept the Trump-appointed prosecutor in place, and the AG elevated that prosecutor to special prosecutor over Hunter and Joe Biden. 

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

The counterpoint to “Boo Hoo, Trump’s being prosecuted,” is “No-one is above the law in the United States.”

Hillary was.  Period. 

So - you could argue she should have been tried AND trump should be tried.  Or you can argue that both shouldn't be.

Dems argue that she shouldn't be because democrat and trump should e because trump and trump is a bad person and anything bad we do to him is justified.

Sorry - it's just hypocrisy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rebound said:

So, Trump fan, did it bother you at all that Donald Trump told Hillary Clinton that if he were elected he would put her in prison?

I am no Trump fan. I think that Trump is a boor/buffoon.

True, Trump said that he would put Hillary in prison - but when President, he did not do it.

Edited by August1991

On 9/9/2023 at 12:36 AM, Hodad said:

Confused?

Hodad, how is Biden different from Trump?

Think what you are saying.

====

Make no mistake. I think Americans are good neighbours. And I admire their way of doing things: Americans eventually find a solution to their problems.

Edited by August1991

2 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Think? FFS, there are a hundred different answers, but chief among them is that Joe Biden never tried to seize power and end the Republic.

Everyone in the world can see that your current president is a doddering crook, like Brezhnev at the end.

Trump? To you leftist Americans, he's a boor - a buffoon.

=====

Yet I reckon that you Americans will somehow figure a solution.

9 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Everyone in the world can see that your current president is a doddering crook, like Brezhnev at the end.

Trump? To you leftist Americans, he's a boor - a buffoon.

=====

Yet I reckon that you Americans will somehow figure a solution.

Nonsense. World opinion of both the US and our POTUS are manifold higher than under Trump. You may be taken in by conspiracy thinking and myopic reductionism, but don't imagine that you speak for "the rest of the world." 

Biden is old AF and that sucks, but there's no evidence whatsoever that he has done anything unethical, let alone illegal. If he has he should be held accountable. Trump, on the other hand, has been unquestionably caught SO many times it's become so normalized that some of you have simply given up on the idea that his lawbreaking should even be prosecuted. He's above the law for you. Untouchable. Anything goes. Thankfully that's not how America operates. The Jan. 6 coup failed and we are still a nation of laws. 

1 hour ago, Hodad said:

World opinion of both the US and our POTUS are manifold higher than under Trump.

Speaking as a member of the world - i assure you it's not.  Honestly we look down on you for both of them. 400 million people and that's the best two you could come up with, that's basically how we all view it.  I'm pretty sure this is how the germanic tribes felt about rome in around 400 ish ad just before the end.

11 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Speaking as a member of the world - i assure you it's not.  Honestly we look down on you for both of them. 400 million people and that's the best two you could come up with, that's basically how we all view it.  I'm pretty sure this is how the germanic tribes felt about rome in around 400 ish ad just before the end.

The Ukrainians definitely prefer Biden to Trump. Both Eastern and Western European nations hoping to avoid Russian invasion strongly prefer Biden to Trump. 

Trump’s foreign policy was disastrous. Every foreign nation is a sovereign state. Their leaders don’t want to be insulted or belittled or told what to do by the US President.  

On 9/2/2023 at 1:39 AM, NYLefty said:

There's wrong and there's right. Unfortunately it takes time to sort these things out. Those that supported Nazism in pre WW2 Europe woke up on the wrong side of history and eventually Trump supporters will too.

NYT 1922.

Indeed. There is wrong and right. And those today who take the NYT as gospel, are once again on the wrong side of history.

The Libbie death-cult is more active behind the NYT, WAPO and Biden/Obama today, than it ever has been.

Edited by Nationalist

5 hours ago, Rebound said:

The Ukrainians definitely prefer Biden to Trump. Both Eastern and Western European nations hoping to avoid Russian invasion strongly prefer Biden to Trump. 

Trump’s foreign policy was disastrous. Every foreign nation is a sovereign state. Their leaders don’t want to be insulted or belittled or told what to do by the US President.  

And there it is folks. The parroting of the NYT. The undisputed king of lies and hatred.

Poland wants the Ukrainian "refugees" gone. Same with Czech, Slovakia, Germany and most others. I know that the Czechs think Joe is a fool. I'd bet the rest of the European people feel the same.

21 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

NYT 1922.

Indeed. There is wrong and right. And those today who take the NYT as gospel, are once again on the wrong side of history.

The Libbie death-cult is more active behind the NYT, WAPO and Biden/Obama today, than it ever has been.

1922? You’re going back that far? 

1 minute ago, Rebound said:

You’ll have to excuse the rest of us. We weren’t readers of the New York Times in 1922 so we have the slightest idea of what you’re talking about. 

Lol...more denial from the death-cult.

If you were incapable of lying...I think you'd explode.

22 minutes ago, NYLefty said:

Nazialist 

LOL...what a Tweenkie.

Truth...It shines an unwelcome light on these death-cultists. They hate that so they lash out like nerds screaming that Billy stole his lunch or Billy is talking in line. They are the grown-up version of the social misfits of our childhoods. Their hatred runs deep. They want to see everyone suffer as they have all their lives.

They read and revere the NYT as a Christian does the Bible.

Edited by Nationalist