Leftist brethren, if you would've known "sunny ways" would've meant struggling to make your mortgage payment, or purchase groceries due to Trudeau's policy, would you have voted for him still?

West

24 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Beyond that, I feel to understand why this is of interest to the Chuds who just joined the board in the last year or two.  I suspect they get a kind of thrill out of throwing pebbles at old buildings also.

I find you comparing yourself to an old building interesting!   ;)

Was simply pointing out the bias in your own argument. You are pointing to the spec in one man's eye, while ignoring the log in your own eye, sort of thing.

Surely any pro-religion, conservative understands that?

As opposed to those who ridicule the religious. I would say they are not conservative.

I wonder who that could be around here, hmm?

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

our generally boring politics drifts into holy war save the children apocalypse battle of the end times.

Let me know, if further "evidence" needed.   ;)

23 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Overspending on government programs and interventionist government that over-regulates business and human behaviour is always unsustainable and inflationary.  We still haven’t figured out that you can’t really eat (spend) your way to losing weight (lower debt and cost of living).

Show me the developed country where there was no inflation or interest rate increases please. Oh you can’t?  Then maybe Trudeau isn’t to blame for economic events after all ?

Edited by BeaverFever
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BeaverFever said:

Then maybe Trudeau isn’t to blame for global economic events after all ?

No he's not, but he and the inept bunch occupying cabinet positions are certainly to blame for economic events in Canada.

9 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Show me the develped country where there was no inflation or interest rate please. Oh you can’t?  Then maybe Trudeau isn’t to blame after all ?

Inflation happened just about everywhere, but the cost of living and sluggish wage and productivity gains are quite particular to Canada. The OECD predicts 40 years of Canada lagging other OECD states. What you’re missing is the drop in per capita GDP and the outrageous cost of housing, which translates to lower living standards for Canadians.

Chicago and Toronto are comparable in scale, yet homes are half the price in Chicago of what they are in Toronto. That means that it takes twice the percentage of your income to pay for mortgage or rent in Toronto. The housing supply is worsening as immigration rises, carbon taxes rise, and regulations on energy rise. This all means that higher living costs are coming.  Canadians are getting poorer. Liberal-NDP spending habits are inflationary.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

21 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. I find you comparing yourself to an old building interesting!   ;)

2. As opposed to those who ridicule the religious. I would say they are not conservative.

I wonder who that could be around here, hmm?

3. Let me know, if further "evidence" needed.   ;)

1. I'm paraphrasing John Huston's Noah Cross character in "Chinatown".

2. I don't ridicule people because they're religious, but I don't discriminate against hypocrites.  I'll point out their flaws even if they profess to love Jesus. ?

3. Find me someone who voted for Brian Mulroney, who gets excited about these stupid culture wars.  The chuds love them, which actually strengthens my point.

Edited by Michael Hardner

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. They were "My support for institutions, the rule of law, education and the public sphere. "

All... Left... Wing...

? 

Sure.  There's lots of institutions the left supports. Universities, the cbc, etc.  The left supports the rule of law (as long as it's convenient) and their right to protest for example.   And edcucation... are you telling me that our teachers and professors these days are RIGHT wing? 

Don't think you mentioned the public sphere, but whatever.

And again - NOBODY on the right would claim that the spending that Trudeau has done is is pretty much the same as any prime minister would.

Oh - and those on the right don't refer to those on the right as 'Chuds"  ROFLMAO!!!!    But again - trying to dismiss people like that and dehumanize them so that they don't matter is very much a popular left wing tactic

If you were any more left  wing you'd be flying in circles.

48 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Trudeau doesn’t set interest rates or control the global economy 

He did implement a tax on basic necessities, dump a bunch of money into the economy while limiting what people could purchase during covid, and other economic blunders tho (I suspect it's on purpose.. largest wealth transfer from the middle class to the wealthy in human history). 

I'll also add targeting the livelihoods and economy of a province that didn't vote for him as a punishment. Guys a scum

Edited by West

23 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Was that supposed to refute me? Anyway, carry on and thanks..

Ahhh deflection :)  Ignored all of the actual points and went for the humor as if it was real :)

Was that supposed to convince us?  

You're solidly on the left mike.  There isn't a person here who doesn't know that.

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

Trudeau doesn’t set interest rates or control the global economy 

And yet he does.  If he increases inflation he must therefore expect an increase in interest rates as he has given teh bank a 2 percent target.

It's like claiming that if he jumps off a cliff and falls it's not his fault because technically he doesn't control gravity.

And trudeau does control how much cash the gov't dumps into the Canadian economy right now, taxes, AND the rate of immigration, and those three things make up the vast majority of our inflation.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I'm paraphrasing John Huston's Noah Cross character in "Chinatown".

2. I don't ridicule people because they're religious, but I don't discriminate against hypocrites.  I'll point out their flaws even if they profess to love Jesus. ?

3. Find me someone who voted for Brian Mulroney, who gets excited about these stupid culture wars.  The chuds love them, which actually strengthens my point.

But you don’t recognize the ridiculously wasteful spending by the Liberals on ideological pet programs.  Does $100 million for LGBTQ2S+ just announced last month seem remotely reasonable in this inflationary housing crisis?  Do you think it might cause outrage and heighten the culture wars?  It’s reckless on the level of Nero burning down Rome.

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

But you don’t recognize the ridiculously wasteful spending by the Liberals on ideological pet programs.  Does $100 million for LGBTQ2S+ just announced last month seem remotely reasonable in this inflationary housing crisis?  

Ok, yes, you're pulling good points out and separating from the Chud culture that's good.

All of this.

But no, reasonable arguments are not culture wars.

37 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Does $100 million for LGBTQ2S+ just announced last month seem remotely reasonable in this inflationary housing crisis?

the more they spend the more they throw gasoline on the inflation fire

the inflation being a result of central bank overspending flooded into the retail economy

yet cutting the spending would incite a deflationary spiral which could drop out of control into the abyss

so all governments are trapped now, damned if they do, damned if they don't

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the more they spend the more they throw gasoline on the inflation fire

the inflation being a result of central bank overspending flooded into the retail economy

yet cutting the spending would incite a deflationary spiral which could drop out of control into the abyss

so all governments are trapped now, damned if they do, damned if they don't

Yes but at least spend on the items critical to our basic needs in keeping with federal responsibilities. This kind of oblique special interest programming pushed through without Parliamentary approval is the hallmark of this reckless government.  It reminds me of the last throes of Bob Rae’s Ontario NDP government, but worse. 

On 8/18/2023 at 8:29 AM, Boges said:

I thought the Bank of Canada was independent of the PMO. 

Of course not! Why Justin Trudeau decides if your fingers are gonna break through your toilet paper FFS.

He singlehandedly caused inflation, house prices to jump, unemployment, your pop to go flat and everything else because.... because... because he's a dictator that just sits on a throne and dictates things that benefit no one including himself and that's what they do.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes but at least spend on the items critical to our basic needs in keeping with federal responsibilities. This kind of oblique special interest programming pushed through without Parliamentary approval is the hallmark of this reckless government.  It reminds me of the last throes of Bob Rae’s Ontario NDP government, but worse. 

it's a wash at this point

the spending is simply bidding the prices of everything up : more printed dollars chasing the same or fewer products

so the spending is counterproductive, harmful to the middle classes

hence it is worst than wasteful, it is doing real damage

but if you are going to follow this misguided course: you might as well spend on your ideological bugaboos

bribe your base into coming out to vote for you, to heck with the Confederation

12 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

it's a wash at this point

the spending is simply bidding the prices of everything up : more printed dollars chasing the same or fewer products

so the spending is counterproductive, harmful to the middle classes

hence it is worst than wasteful, it is doing real damage

but if you are going to follow this misguided course: you might as well spend on your ideological bugaboos

bribe your base into coming out to vote for you, to heck with the Confederation

True, but the Liberals used to tout themselves as mainstream middle Canada.  This kind of radical high priced propaganda is becoming harder to hide from mainstream voters. I think Trudeau has misinterpreted his base.  He’s lost many Muslims and immigrant voters recently.  Trudeau is largely dependent now on the female white vote.  Are there enough Marg Trudeaus out there to keep him in power?

Edited by Zeitgeist

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

True, but the Liberals used to tout themselves as mainstream middle Canada.  This kind of radical high priced propaganda is becoming harder to hide from mainstream voters. I think Trudeau has misinterpreted his base.  He’s lost many Muslims and immigrant voters recently.  Trudeau is largely dependent now on the female vote.  Are there enough Marg Trudeaus out there to keep him in power?

these are Biblical end times

we are passing through an epoch

so the normal rules of play do not apply

since everyone is pitted against each other in a class war

all scrambling to keep their heads above water as the flood ensues

when a war becomes desperate. the laws of armed conflict are abandoned

politics simply being war by means other than military force

so the Liberals are collapsing down unto their hardcore base, the TruAnon cult

but at the same time, it's not like the Conservatives can come in and reduce spending

since that could literally incite a depression in the context of this entirely debt based economy

38 minutes ago, eyeball said:

When did conservatives get all woke about this, did I miss something?

Conservatives have always been against wealth transfers of any type for the most part.  We don't eat the rich to feed the poor (which is stupid) like the left does,  And we sure as heck don't rob the poor to feed the rich. We let people earn what they can earn.

But the left definitley DOES worship the idea of robbing the rich to feed the poor, so for justin to do the opposite while the left supports him is  a tad ironic :) 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Legato said:

No he's not, but he and the inept bunch occupying cabinet positions are certainly to blame for economic events in Canada.

I agree with the inept bunch occupying cabinet but, to be fair, our economic woes are mostly due to world economic issues.

We, Canadians and Canada are importers. We produce very little of our daily needs and if other countries are having economic issues, higher costs, inflation etc, they are passed on to us by higher prices which, as importers, affects our economy and inflation

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I agree with the inept bunch occupying cabinet but, to be fair, our economic woes are mostly due to world economic issues.

We, Canadians and Canada are importers. We produce very little of our daily needs and if other countries are having economic issues, higher costs, inflation etc., they are passed on to us by higher prices which, as importers, affects our economy and inflation

Third largest oil reserves in the world . . . . we import oil.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Third largest oil reserves in the world . . . . we import oil.

My point exactly.

And oil prices are up, hence our gas is up and inflation is up as a result.

Scotia Banks does not blame inflation on Trudeau.

https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/about/economics/economics-publications/post.other-publications.inflation-reports.causes-of-inflation--december-5--2022.html

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 1