When will we ever see an Heritage Day for white British/Europeans.

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

I suppose it's because white people either always lived in the best places, or conquered them and then lived in them. 

I don't know what your third sentence there is asking.

What i'm saying is that the the reason white people who have undergone hardship don't feel the need to have racial pride events is that nobody is insisting that they're still victims or can't succeed. 

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

I suppose the reason white pride is looked down on is because of the relative positions in our society of the proponents of pride/heritage/history celebrations.  The same with gay pride celebrations.

No matter how you slice it you're still putting forward the idea that somehow a racial pride month is 'justified' or 'valid' or some similar thing because whites are "better" and those other groups are 'repressed' or lesser or some such thing and therefore will benefit more from it.

All it does is reinforce a victim complex in our society and further segregate people based on race.  Honestly you SHOULD care, not because you care about black or white "pride" or the like but because all it does is heighten racial tensions and promote racism and that's not great for our society.

10 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

What i'm saying is that the the reason white people who have undergone hardship don't feel the need to have racial pride events is that nobody is insisting that they're still victims or can't succeed. 

No matter how you slice it you're still putting forward the idea that somehow a racial pride month is 'justified' or 'valid' or some similar thing because whites are "better" and those other groups are 'repressed' or lesser or some such thing and therefore will benefit more from it.

All it does is reinforce a victim complex in our society and further segregate people based on race.  Honestly you SHOULD care, not because you care about black or white "pride" or the like but because all it does is heighten racial tensions and promote racism and that's not great for our society.

That's a valid opinion, and one I don't disagree with.  I've always wondered why people were so upset with cultural appropriation, figuring that one of the ways we can all start to get along better would be if we all shared cultures and did as we felt with each other's.  It would be better for us all if we could all get along enough to do that.

I'm not about to tell anyone they can't have their day, week, month, whatever, but I join you in looking forward to the time when they decide they are "not going to bother this year".

39 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

one of the ways we can all start to get along better would be if we all shared cultures and did as we felt with each other's. 

It will come to pass one day but not likely in our lifetime.

It'll probably remain a little gauche for doing whatever you feel like for awhile too, just saying.

16 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It will come to pass one day but not likely in our lifetime.

It'll probably remain a little gauche for doing whatever you feel like for awhile too, just saying.

I, of course, will use restraint.

10 hours ago, bcsapper said:

That's a valid opinion, and one I don't disagree with.  I've always wondered why people were so upset with cultural appropriation, figuring that one of the ways we can all start to get along better would be if we all shared cultures and did as we felt with each other's.  It would be better for us all if we could all get along enough to do that.

I'm not about to tell anyone they can't have their day, week, month, whatever, but I join you in looking forward to the time when they decide they are "not going to bother this year".

Fair enough :)    I feel like we came to consensus pretty quick on that - were there any other world problems we should solve?

16 hours ago, herbie said:

So they didn't kill all of them. Therefore a failed genocide is not a genocide at all in your books, eh?

And we stopped them from killing each other by sheer firepower too. Sounds like a top generals thinking during the Vietnam war. And ignoring the fact the English, French, Spanish, Portugese were constantly warring  in orders of magnitude more over who should be the colonizers.

Good God, the levels of hatred and resentment towards native people is on full display on this site in almost every thread.

There is no full on hatred for the native Indian here at all. The question is? How much more are the Indian going to try and take from old whitey before we have to say, enough already. The native Indians in Canada have received hundreds of billions of tax dollars from old whitey and those ingrates are still not happy. So, just where has all of the taxpayer tax dollars gone these past few decades? Did you ever bother to find out? 

When Harper became the PM of Canadrum, he demanded transparency from the native Indians and they had to show the taxpayer as to where did all the money go. When Castro Trudeau became the dictator of Canaddrum, he eliminated the transparency. So much for that bit of democracy, eh Herbert?  

It's got to the point that no development can take place here in Canada, especially here in BC, unless we get some Indian chiefs blessing with a feather in his hand. We see them all the time at some opening function or planned projects. The Indians pretty much run and control BC now.

So, stop worrying your ass off over the plight of the Indians in Canada. They are all doing just fine. It's more like we need to start worrying our asses off as to what is going on against old whitey here in Canada. ?

18 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Better that we kill them instead?

So, just where did the British "kill them instead"? The British stopped them from killing each other. Isn't that good enough for you? 

Canada is not an ethno-state so anybody who arrives in Canada and is accepted there is considered Canadian.

In Europe things are just different. People may pretend to consider you as one of their own but you never are unless you were born in any particular European country.

In Asia if you are a foreigner you absolutely are a foreigner, no matter how long you have lived in any Asian country 

10 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Canada is not an ethno-state so anybody who arrives in Canada and is accepted there is considered Canadian.

All states are ethno-state.  That's pretty much the definition of an ethnicity.

That doesnt' mean that people aren't accepted but lets face it - there are some things we don't accept from other cultures.

11 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

In Europe things are just different. People may pretend to consider you as one of their own but you never are unless you were born in any particular European country.

In Asia if you are a foreigner you absolutely are a foreigner, no matter how long you have lived in any Asian country 

True.

1 hour ago, herbie said:

No hatred at all in such a thought.....

Shameful I have to point that out as it's over the heads of so many on this site.

Show me where you see hatred in my comments, Herbert! It's funny how so many black politicians in the states and on shows like The View and others are always saying something not so nice about white people. Yet, where is the cry from people like you on this constant showing of hatred towards white people? White people are always being put down by blacks in America. Shameful on you not noticing this happening? 

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

After centuries of slavery, racism and Jim Crow, taxme is whining about being a white victim. The Horror.

The thing is, nobody has ever experienced centuries of racism or slavery.  And no one living today has ever experienced legal slavery in north america. Very few have experienced 'jim crow'.

For the vast majority of people we're talking about - NONE of that is actually real. It's an idea in their head. It's not a lived experience.

Racism TODAY is a lived experience. And it's no less so if it's a white person or a black person.

Let me put it another way - if those people had been raised to believe none of that ever happened and they were no different than anyone else they wouldn't give it a second thought, the past wouldn't affect their reality today at all.

The only reason it does is because people pretend that because something happened for centuries it somehow happened to them.  Which it did not.

And if racism is wrong - then it's wrong whether it happens for a century, or a decade, or a month or a week or a day.  So you dismissing it because it's happened in the past only says you're ok with racism.

Well - if you're ok with it don't complain about it happening to black people then. Screw 'em. If it IS a problem then it's a problem for everyone.

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

After centuries of slavery, racism and Jim Crow, taxme is whining about being a white victim. The Horror.

Some people revel in their dim milk like perception of reality. Even if they're quoted and bolded and placed in front of them, they can't see.

On 5/1/2023 at 3:38 PM, taxme said:

So, we now have Heritage Days for Native Indians, Sikhs, Asians, Blacks, gays and whoever will come next. They all get a month of worship and adulation for their contributions to Canada. Okay.

So, my question is? When will we ever get to see an Heritage Day for the white British and Europeans. After all, were we not here first(sans Native Indians)and settled and built up this once great British European country. Do we not need to be also seen as the other people of color as just as important as those mentioned above? This smacks to me of racism and being racist. The white people have done plenty to make this country work, and they should be recognized for their contributions to Canada. 

The time is long overdue. What say you? ?

You're an evil caucasian.  You have no culture or heritage, nothing to celebrate or protect except your violence and exploitation.  No other people besides caucasians commit violence, start wars, have a history of racism, slavery, homophobia, misogyny, or religious intolerance.  Shame on you.

On 7/20/2023 at 8:05 PM, taxme said:

The woke leftist liberals here seem to have forgotten that before old whitey came along many native Indian tribes were killing one another. The many native Indian tribes in Canada would go out on war party's and kill their next door neighbor Indians. The British quickly put a stop to those killings. As far as I am concerned, the native Indians of today would never want to go back to the good old days and ways. They now enjoy way too much old whitey's money and toys. ?

That's not true.  Before whitey came around indigenous peoples lived in total peace and harmony with nature and each other, and every person lived to a ripe old age.

On 7/21/2023 at 9:22 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

You're an evil caucasian.  You have no culture or heritage, nothing to celebrate or protect except your violence and exploitation.  No other people besides caucasians commit violence, start wars, have a history of racism, slavery, homophobia, misogyny, or religious intolerance.  Shame on you.

Holy crap, Batgirl. You really are living way out in far lefty liberal field. I am just saying things as I see them. I do plenty of reading. 

Many white people of different backgrounds like the Irish,Greeks,Italians,British,Hungarian and so on do have a culture and heritage. It is leftist liberal comrades like you that want all white cultures and heritages to disappear forever. Comrades like you have nothing to celebrate other than to promote violence and exploitation and try and destroy the white race. Your Antifa and BLM Marxist gangs is a prime example of that.  

Are you ever dumb. So, are you trying to tell us all here that the many non-white races out there are and have always been just peaceful loving people? They have never started wars, promoted racism, committed violence, or have been involved in slavery? Are you daft, comrade? Many Black Africans were part of the slavery industry. They abducted other Blacks and sold them off as slaves. Even in America, blacks owned black slaves. Homosexuality in some Arab Muslim countries means death for anyone caught or committing homosexual acts. You need to educate yourself more, comrade. ?

On 7/21/2023 at 9:27 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

That's not true.  Before whitey came around indigenous peoples lived in total peace and harmony with nature and each other, and every person lived to a ripe old age.

Of course not but they lived according to their own lifestyle and standards, not the European's. 

On 7/21/2023 at 9:27 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

Obviously, you know little about the native Indian history. Many Indian tribes did not live in peace and harmony with their other Indian neighbors. Their are many stories about how many Indian tribes would fight with their Indian neighbors and kill one another. Not all of those Indian tribes were all that peaceful. The Huron's and the Iroquios hated each other and they would attack and fight and kill each other on site. Not all native Indians lived to grow old. 

4 hours ago, taxme said:

Obviously, you know little about the native Indian history. Many Indian tribes did not live in peace and harmony with their other Indian neighbors

( i think it was supposed to be sarcasm actually - i think most tribes fought over territory and possessions such as women)

Native Americans routinely had battles over territory, water, women, etc. However.. they were all on a relatively equal plane when it came to technology, resources, etc. One group did not dominate the other by way of guns or other superior technology. The Europeans though had a decided advantage on this front and so not exactly a fair fight hence the sentiment that the Natives are/were victims.

Mostly just bad fortune honestly. The Indigenous tribes lived in complete isolation for centuries with the rare exception of the vikings at L'anse Aux Meadows in Newfoundland. The Europeans had no knowledge of them and at this time.. everyone was busy trying to acquire more land/more resources. as I see it.. it is in the past, there is nothing anyone can do to change it, and giving reparations for past actions is not logical. The playing field is 99% level now and so if they are looking to have a better life.. the path is there. 

On 8/3/2023 at 9:42 AM, impartialobserver said:

Native Americans routinely had battles over territory, water, women, etc. However.. they were all on a relatively equal plane when it came to technology, resources, etc. One group did not dominate the other by way of guns or other superior technology. The Europeans though had a decided advantage on this front and so not exactly a fair fight hence the sentiment that the Natives are/were victims.

Mostly just bad fortune honestly. The Indigenous tribes lived in complete isolation for centuries with the rare exception of the vikings at L'anse Aux Meadows in Newfoundland. The Europeans had no knowledge of them and at this time.. everyone was busy trying to acquire more land/more resources. as I see it.. it is in the past, there is nothing anyone can do to change it, and giving reparations for past actions is not logical. The playing field is 99% level now and so if they are looking to have a better life.. the path is there. 

Reparations are a bloody joke. Neither native Indians or even blacks do not deserve anything from old whitey. We should go after those two mentioned above for all of the tax dollars that were spent on trying to improve their lives. What happened in the past should be left in the past.

The white people of today had nothing to do with what happened to native Indians and blacks in the past. To keep trying to make old whitey constantly look bad and racist is in itself promoting racism. Enough already. It's not like old whitey has not been shafted by their own white people in the past.

The blacks and native Indians of today should be grateful that old whitey came along and pretty much brought them out of the stone age that they were pretty much living in. As old Rodney Dangerfield always use to say? I get no respect! I guess that old whitey can pretty much say the same thing? I get no respect for all I have done. Only hatred and scorn. ☹️